Just Like Being Back Home (M'gal, attn: Any)

Laurie

OOC: Late to start this, but doing the unseasonably cold prompt

IC:

M'gal dreamed of snow, and days spent out with his fellow candidates, then weyrlings, holding snowball fights, sled races, and other winter activities. Opening his eyes he realized he was cold. For a moment, he thought he was back at Telgar and his days at Arolos were a dream.

{{No,}} Ozayith said, excitement in his voice, {{we're still in Arolos. But it's cold out. Gloriously cold. Wonderfully cold.}} M'gal felt his bronze spread his wings, stretching them to the limit. {{But no snow.}}

[[Drat,]] M'gal answered, commiserating with his dragon. He could use some snow right now. [[Let me get some food in me,]] no klah though, shard it, [[and we'll go do something. At least there won't be Threadfall anywhere in the Protectorate today. Right?]]

{{The weather is steady all throughout the area. Watch dragons are all reporting the cold.}}

M'gal smiled and got dressed.

Whistling, he entered the Dining Hall, and noticed many people huddled together with mugs of hot beverages. Not klah though, but he knew where he could get some. He chose not to, but he knew where it could be had. Instead, he headed to the buffet and began spooning eggs, bacon, and other foods onto his tray.

To no one in particular, he said, "It's a glorious day, isn't it?"

Aaron

Whistling, he entered the Dining Hall, and noticed many people huddled together with mugs of hot beverages. Not klah though, but he knew where he could get some. He chose not to, but he knew where it could be had. Instead, he headed to the buffet and began spooning eggs, bacon, and other foods onto his tray.

To no one in particular, he said, "It's a glorious day, isn't it?"

Rosk looked left and right, and seeing no one else to whom M'gal might have been speaking, he lifted a hand and pointed to himself.

"M-m-me, sir?" he asked, shivering. He was wearing the warmest clothes he had, which were not at all sufficient for the chill in the air that day. Not for a Southerner such as himself, anyhow.

Laurie

M'gal was in such a good mood he turned to the speaker and laughed. "Actually, just anyone who's listening. I love this kind of weather! I miss it, though I don't really want to move back to Telgar, either." He quirked a brow. "I see you're dressed for the cold. Native to the south?"

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 10:26 AM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
[...]

"Aye, sir," Rosk answered. "A bit further South than the weyr, so this isn't my first chilly day, but... They don't come every day. I never lacked for a nice wool coat, though." His family kept sheep, after all. "Is it always this cold in Telgar?"

Laurie

M'gal shook his head. "Not at all. This time of year, it's much colder. This is more like a late spring or early autumn day. Summer it's pretty temperate; we have days as hot as down here once in a while." He thought a moment, smiling at memories of his home. "I do miss it, but I'll probably never go back there to live. I have too much here, at Arolos."

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 08:38 Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
M'gal shook his head. "Not at all. This time of year, it's much colder. This is more like a late spring or early autumn day. Summer it's pretty temperate; we have days as hot as down here once in a while." He thought a moment, smiling at memories of his home. "I do miss it, but I'll probably never go back there to live. I have too much here, at Arolos."

"Colder?" Rosk's eyes widened. It should not have come as such a shock, he supposed. But he always imagined Telgar as a much warmer place than High Reaches. "Brr."

"Arolos has a lot to offer." Rosk recomposed himself. "I miss the pastures, but even for them, I wouldn't give this life up."