Topics

Cloud Dancers Wing Assistant Interviews (wL S'ryll, Qabil)

Kouga

S'ryll listened as she spoke slowly. He wasn't sure what to make of it, if the woman was slow or capable. It seemed that she wanted to be useful, and that was good at least. "Hello Qabil." He considered for a moment, and then added. "Forgive the question, but can you read and write?" <<
Qabil nodded "I can some yes. I am slow, and my writing is not very
pretty, but I practice when I can." She offered. Sure it hadn't gotten
alot better, it still looked like a young child's writing, but it was
more easily read now with no issues. Maybe she could have been
offended by the question, but well she had been refused learning so
many times, and been questioned on what she could do so many more, it
really was normal for her anymore honestly.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

TrueTricia

OOC: I'm trying to get to a bunch of replies, so this one is going to be short.  Sorry!

IC; S'ryll listened as she spoke slowly.  He wasn't sure what to make of it, if the woman was slow or capable.  It seemed that she wanted to be useful, and that was good at least.  "Hello Qabil."  He considered for a moment, and then added.  "Forgive the question, but can you read and write?"

Kouga

S'ryll head the knock, his next interview no doubt. He looked up from his notes, called for the person to enter, and slowly appraised the individual coming in. This one was an older woman -- not old, but older than him -- dressed in decent clothing, albeit wrinkled. Based upon her dress and lack of wingknots, combined with her age, she must be a Weyrworker. Which was interesting because she had a bronze flitter curled around her neck. How had a Weyrworker gotten a bronze egg? There was likely a story in there, given bronze flits weren't easy to come by or cheap.
"Good day to you. I'm wingleader S'ryll of Bronze Vastolth."
Vastolth was sleeping right now, disinterested in these boring
interviews when none of the people were about to bathe him. "Please
have a seat," he said, indicating a chair in front of his desk. "Tell
me your name and why you're applying to be my assistant," he said, not
wasting time with pleasantries when he had so many to get through.<<

"Hello sir." Qabil offered words slightly slow even on just a
greeting, like she had to think about them a bit or they were
carefully chosen. She settled in the offered chair Quite not even
shifting showing just how long she had had him that they were well
used to how each other moved. "My name is Qabil." She introduced as
she considered the actual reason "I always wanted to learn a craft
when I was younger, but no one would let me apprentice or teach me. I
work with the laundry mostly now, but I like to do other things and
can do other things. Was even a live in nanny for G'rod when he was a
wingsecond to watch his son Ghyan. Also since I only work in the
laundry there is no other craft or classes or anything I have to
attend so would have extra time to commit if ever needed."

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

TrueTricia

[...]

S'ryll had posted notices up around the Weyr. He was looking for an assistant to help out with the administrative tasks of the wing, some hide copying, ensuring that the files were neatly organized, update the calendar, and preferably, to have fresh klah in the mornings. He was sure there would be other tasks, but these were what he could think of now. He liked the idea of a potential hopeful Rider filling the role, as a kind of mentorship opportunity, so he'd gone and spoken with CM Nayari to make sure that he had her approval before allowing Candidates to interview. That being said, at the end of the day, he cared most about getting things done, and if a young Candidate benefited as well, then all the better. But he'd hold open interviews for anyone that wanted. He remembered a grizzled old Rider back at HR, a man who'd been around for ages but had been injured Turns prior. He and his dragon were far too old to do much, but the man had been full of so much knowledge and ideas. They used to talk for candlemarks at dinners some sevendays. He'd take someone like that in a heartbeat as well.
So he'd posted an interview sign-up sheet with time blocks, and today
was the day. He waited inside his office for the first one...<<

Since her stint with G'rod and his son Ghyan Qabil had been shuffled
back off to the laundry. It wasn't that she hadn't expected it more
just that she had enjoyed her time as being a live in nanny for the
Wingsecond. Ghyan was well into candidacy though now and she was well
beyond not needed. Still such an add did get her attention for such
reasons. She didn't mind her task, but she could do more.

Qabil passed the note a couple more times during the day before
finally signing up, her writing looking like a young child's with her
letters being all block uppercase to allow her to be able to more
easily write things somewhat properly.

The day turned out to be one of her rest days so it wasn't hard to be
where she needed to be, though her uniform and over all appearance
didn't say rest day. She wasn't ragged by any means, but her clothes
clearly had some wrinkles and her hair was well a bit fluffy and all
over the place, again not dirty or anything of the sort more just in
need of her catching that it needed at least her fingers run though
it.

The note hadn't said anything about pets so the drudge didn't bother
to leave Quite behind and and instead the bronze was settled primly on
her shoulder his tail around her neck as she knocked on the door. It
was still hard to try and go to speak to a male alone on purpose, but
it was much easier than it had once been and she had like the change
when she helped G'rod. So maybe again?

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric