Topics

Clutching Time: attn Nyzara / C'lynx

kepheren

"Much larger of course," C'lynx replied with a chuckle. "But more than that. No offense to your little gold but there is a certain majesty to the full sized ones. A sense of....power I suppose. You can almost feel the little minds inside growing and yearning to be free."

It was a hard feeling to explain really.

"Oh. I think the next one is here."

Jessica Freise

"What are dragon eggs like?" she inquired interestedly. Flare shifted from foot to foot, fanning her wings in mild discomfort, but not overly so.

On Aug 19, 2020, at 10:35 AM, kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:

Brahn had settled on the nearby table and let out a little bugle of triumph as the first egg was revealed. It was clear that he was quite the proud father. Whether or not he would remember that come the next day was a different story. Flits and memory didn't often go together.

"This first one is an odd color," he said to Nyzara. Mostly green but swirls of a lot of different colors. I didn't know their eggs were as colorful as their larger cousins."

He hadn't had much experience with fire lizard eggs other than the one Brahn had hatched out of.

kepheren

Brahn had settled on the nearby table and let out a little bugle of triumph as the first egg was revealed. It was clear that he was quite the proud father. Whether or not he would remember that come the next day was a different story. Flits and memory didn't often go together.

"This first one is an odd color," he said to Nyzara. Mostly green but swirls of a lot of different colors. I didn't know their eggs were as colorful as their larger cousins."

He hadn't had much experience with fire lizard eggs other than the one Brahn had hatched out of.

Jessica Freise

Nyzara, who sometimes could be reticent, didn't mind C'lynx's chatter. She rather enjoyed his it, in fact. She squeezed his arm, excitement vibrating her slender, but tall, form.

"She has every right to be proud, as do we all." She smiled at him, unaware how very proud *she* looked of Flare even as the gold shifted around and revealed her first egg to C'lynx's probing gaze.

It was a wildly patterned thing, ranging from swirling greens to deep, almost bronze patches. While it certainly was no gold egg, it still seemed to have some majesty about it's form.

On Aug 18, 2020, at 6:22 AM, kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:

He watched, rather fascinated by the little gold. Brahn was cheering her on in his own inimitable way and C'lynx gave Nyzara's shoulder a little squeeze as the first egg was laid.

"I can't quite see what color it is," he said after a moment. "Hard to tell since she is still sitting on it and it's covered by the nest. I bet she will lay a lot though and she looks so very proud of herself."

No doubt Nyzara would already know that part but C'lynx, like his bronze flit, could be a little overly chatty sometimes.

kepheren

He watched, rather fascinated by the little gold. Brahn was cheering her on in his own inimitable way and C'lynx gave Nyzara's shoulder a little squeeze as the first egg was laid.

"I can't quite see what color it is," he said after a moment. "Hard to tell since she is still sitting on it and it's covered by the nest. I bet she will lay a lot though and she looks so very proud of herself."

No doubt Nyzara would already know that part but C'lynx, like his bronze flit, could be a little overly chatty sometimes.

Jessica Freise

"Thank you," she said, honestly touched. She let herself relax into the arm around her shoulders while a companionable silence fell between them. It was punctuated by a soft hiss as Flare rose to her hind legs, depositing te first mottled egg in the nest.

On Aug 17, 2020, at 6:28 AM, kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:

"Every lady deserves an audience," he said with a smile of his own. C'lynx laid a hand over hers and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"And since she can't see for you while she is otherwise occupied stay close to me and I'll be your guide."

With that he put an arm around Nyzara's shoulder, hoping she wouldn't object. He found himself rather fond of the healer though they didn't know each other all that well. Perhaps he should work a little harder to get to know her better.

kepheren

"Every lady deserves an audience," he said with a smile of his own. C'lynx laid a hand over hers and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"And since she can't see for you while she is otherwise occupied stay close to me and I'll be your guide."

With that he put an arm around Nyzara's shoulder, hoping she wouldn't object. He found himself rather fond of the healer though they didn't know each other all that well. Perhaps he should work a little harder to get to know her better.

Jessica Freise

A brilliant smile graced Nyzara's face. She turned towards the sound and scent of C'lynx, reaching out and encountering his arm. Her fingers caressed the warm skin as she nodded.

"We're her audience. Every Queen deserves one, don't you think?"

On Aug 10, 2020, at 5:37 AM, kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:

He smiled when Nyzara called out to them. It would seem she had known they were coming. Either that or she had heard Brahn's excited chittering echoing down the halls. Which ever was the case he entered and returned her smile in kind. For his part Brahn began circling the room as if checking to make sure it was secure. He was taking his role in all this, such as it was, very seriously.

"So I see that this wasn't all in his imagination," he said, eyes scanning the room as he stepped over to Nyzara's side. "And we are right on time? She doesn't mind us being here?"

C'lynx rather thought she wanted them there and that she had called out to Brahn by the way he was acting but couldn't be entirely sure.

kepheren

He smiled when Nyzara called out to them. It would seem she had known they were coming. Either that or she had heard Brahn's excited chittering echoing down the halls. Which ever was the case he entered and returned her smile in kind. For his part Brahn began circling the room as if checking to make sure it was secure. He was taking his role in all this, such as it was, very seriously.

"So I see that this wasn't all in his imagination," he said, eyes scanning the room as he stepped over to Nyzara's side. "And we are right on time? She doesn't mind us being here?"

C'lynx rather thought she wanted them there and that she had called out to Brahn by the way he was acting but couldn't be entirely sure.

Jessica Freise

Nyzara was in her office. Not for work, but because Tyne's advice had prooven true: the gold had come to recognize the small corner allotted to her nest as *her* safe place. When she had first stirred on Nyzara's desk, the Mindhealer had started, lost in her own thoughts.

There was a low grunt from the gravid Queen and then a demanding muzzle in her face. She felt her heartbeat pick up and her lips curve as the Queen let her "see" eggs and a familiar bronze and man.

"Come here, sweetheart, we'll get you settled and ready to clutch. I'm right here," she crooned, lifing the gold and moving towards the area she'd set up for her even as a knock sounded on her door.

"Come in, C'lynx," she called, grinning hugely in what she hoped was his direction as she heard Brahn chitter and Flare chatter back.

On Aug 1, 2020, at 6:30 AM, kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:

The day after flying thread was always something of a treat for C'lynx.  First off there was the simple joy of still being alive and not injured all to hell and back in the infirmary. Having had that experience a couple of times made the young bronze rider appreciate life all the more. Then there was the fact that the day after was generally a rest day and he could always appreciate that. Today didn't seem to be any different so he was settling in with the intent of doing absolutely nothing for awhile and just decompress. Brahn however had other ideas. The little bronze suddenly perked up from where he was dozing and began darting all over their weyr having a fit about something.

"What's gotten into you?" he asked, a bit irritated and more than a little puzzled.

In response he got an earful of chatter, several mental images of Flare and Nyzara and then the little bronze was out the door in a flash with an urgent demand that he be followed. C'lynx watched the receding image for a moment before giving chase. Maybe it was time for the gold flit to clutch? That would make sense. And he did want to see Nyzara again. Without a second thought he hopped up and went to follow. If nothing else he couldn't let Brahn run loose when he was in a mood like that. No telling what mischief he would start.

"Slow down you little trouble maker. I'm right behind you."

And so they were off to goodness only knew where hoping that Brahn had a better idea than his human pet did.

kepheren