Topics

Just Keep Swimming (ATTN: Yiyu/S'lion)

Jessica Freise

}: Why is this different from taking a bath? :{

Yiyu smiled at the question. In the months since her Impression, she'd steadily come out of her shell, growing as an individual and a partner to her beautiful Mertrith. The little (not so much anymore) green's enthusiasm for secrets, curiousity, and shear tenacity helped.

"Because," she said,, raising a hand to S'lion whom she recognized even through the haze the heat had cloaked her mind in, "It's serious *and* fun. You need to learn to swim in case something happens and you have to. You want to learn because it's good exercise, especially for your wings. Right, S'lion?"

During her talk with Mirtreth, they had come even with the other Weyrling. Yiyu gave him a small smile.

Ren

"Exactly," S'lion agreed with a smile to the pair. "Looking good today, Mertrith. What's say we swim with you guys?"

{{I'd like that!}} Tototh chimed in. {{Though I'm with Mertrith, how is this different from a bath?}}

"Easy. The purpose here isn't to wash you and get you clean but for you to havre fun and strengthen your muscles in preparation for when we start to fly. It's like flapping lessons but in water. See the AWLM's dragon out there? You can't go past them. So long as you stay in here, you'll be safe and won't have to worry about getting tired."

{{I won't get tired?!}} Tototh was very eager about that. S'lion was quick to correct him.

"No no you can still get tired, but out there past the adult dragon the water is very deep and you can't just stand up. If you get tired out there and stop swimming, you'd just go down. There's no ground for a long ways. Then I'd be sad." That was enough to convince the blue.

{{I don't want you sad!}} Tototh was quick to declare. {{Mertrith, we won't go past the big dragon, ok? If we do, ours will be sad and we can't have that.}}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

}: No, we most certainly cannot! :{ the green agreed, then, as she stepped into the shallows, she wondered to Yiyu and Tottoth, }: But what if there is some treasure out there? Some thing hidden? :{

"Nothing is hidden out there, my love, and you *will* stay with us, within the lengths designated."

On Jul 31, 2020, at 9:24 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

[...]

{{Treasure, you say?}} Now the young blue was interested as he peered out past the bronze waiting in the depths to stop them.

S'lion put a stop to that train of thought by reaching up, grasping Tototh's jaw, and pulling him down so that his dragon was looking right at him in surprise. "No." The word was heavy with empathy and command, will oozing out of it so much that Tototh actually sat down in the water with a cheep. "You'll listen now just like you'll listen later. Look at Mandath- do you see him charging in and disobeying?"

{{No,}} Tototh agreed with a glance towards his favorite brother. {{He's trying to organize everyone into ranks to go into the water. Should we join?}}

"We don't have to, no. We're having our lesson with Yiyu and that's fine. We don't always have to listen to Mandath, at least not yet."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"I'm sorry," Yiyu apologized, one hand on Mertrith. She glanced at the green, her expression reproachful.

"I promise you, there is no treasure out there."

}: Oh. :{

The little green's tone was so crestfallen that Yiyu had to stroke her headknobs in apology.

"We only want our loves safe, right, S'lion?"