Topics

Eyes Open for Opportunity! (attn: Sehrael, Kashara)

Aaron

"It's always exciting here," Kashara said with a shrug. "If they found out what happened with the attempted attack, my mom never told me. I hope that whoever it is doesn't try again."

"I take it your mother is among the first to hear such news?" That likely should not be a surprise, given her uncle was on the Candidatemaster's staff.

sailyn2

"It's always exciting here," Kashara said with a shrug. "If they found out what happened with the attempted attack, my mom never told me. I hope that whoever it is doesn't try again."

Aaron

"You and me, both," Kashara said. "But if it's not a volcano, it'll be something else. The Weyr is rather trauma prone. Frankly, it's been too quiet lately. Makes me nervous what'll happen next."

"Makes me wonder whether I might have had the wrong idea coming to live here!" Sehrael said with a half-grin. "If it's not earthquakes or floods or eruptions, it's attempted murder and what have you, isn't it? Did anyone ever find out who was behind all that?"

sailyn2

"You and me, both," Kashara said. "But if it's not a volcano, it'll be something else. The Weyr is rather trauma prone. Frankly, it's been too quiet lately. Makes me nervous what'll happen next."

Aaron

"I was born here," Kashara said. "More and more of us are getting to say that, but still not so many of us yet. I know a bit of Ista because of the volcano, but for the most part Arolos is all I know."

"Ah, yes, that sort of thing that makes the old folks say, ‘oh, that makes me feel so old,’ yeah?" Sehrael chuckled. "Well, I hope the old caldera here is all quake-and-eruptioned out for a while."

sailyn2

"I was born here," Kashara said. "More and more of us are getting to say that, but still not so many of us yet. I know a bit of Ista because of the volcano, but for the most part Arolos is all I know."

Aaron

"And what do you think so far?" Kashara asked, always curious about the way new people saw the Weyr where she'd been born and grown up. The only time she'd ever been away was when they'd had to abandon the Weyr for the volcano. She couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

"So far, so good!" said Sehrael. "It's different, pushing me a bit further than the road does, that's for sure, but it's not hurting my feelings. You from around here, then?"

sailyn2

"And what do you think so far?" Kashara asked, always curious about the way new people saw the Weyr where she'd been born and grown up. The only time she'd ever been away was when they'd had to abandon the Weyr for the volcano. She couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Aaron

"I might have," Kashara said. "I wasn't really looking and I got around but with a lot of help. Glad to have you here though. I guess that's not when you were Searched?"

"Not quite, but it wasn't too long after that," said Sehrael. "We were on our way back to the Hold to get ready for the next caravan. That's about how it goes. Spend a bit of time at home, a bit of time on the road. My da said I should take the opportunity to see the Weyr, so I took him up on it."

sailyn2

"I might have," Kashara said. "I wasn't really looking and I got around but with a lot of help. Glad to have you here though. I guess that's not when you were Searched?"

Aaron

"Basics," Kashara said. "I'm recovering from a broken leg and while I was still in the Infirmary I decided I wanted to switch to the dragonhealing craft from beastcraft. So I have a lot to learn. What's your craft? Where are you from?"

"Ah, sorry to hear that," said Sehrael with a wince. Broken leg seemed like quite the kink in the works. And switching to an entirely new craft? Well. She supposed there had to be some overlap there. "I'm a trader and a distiller," she said. "From a fair-to-middling-sized Hold a ways down the road. You might have seen us at the Gather last, though I suppose if you were laid up with that leg of yours, you might not have gotten out our way, eh?"

sailyn2

"Basics," Kashara said. "I'm recovering from a broken leg and while I was still in the Infirmary I decided I wanted to switch to the dragonhealing craft from beastcraft. So I have a lot to learn. What's your craft? Where are you from?"

Aaron

"Ah, real new then," Kashara said.  She gestured at her books. "These are for my craft class. Have you checked in with any of the ACM's yet? My uncle is on duty if you haven't."

***

"Oh, I've talked to the proper authorities and all that," said Sehrael. "Got assigned a bunk and the like. So, what are you learning?" she wondered.

sailyn2

"Ah, real new then," Kashara said.  She gestured at her books. "These are for my craft class. Have you checked in with any of the ACM's yet? My uncle is on duty if you haven't."

Aaron

"Hello," Kashara said from where she was curled up in the common room. Her dragonhealer homework was spread out before her. "You look lost. I assume you're new here?"

"That obvious, eh?" Sehrael laughed. "I suppose I'll have to work on my ‘I belong here’ saunter. I'm Sehrael. They sent me up on account of the clutch you all have on the Sands. Friendly fellow brought me over on a sweet blue dragon. What's all this, then?" She gestured to the homework. "If I'm meant to fill all that out, they haven't given me mine yet."

sailyn2