Topics

(Clutching) Why Kassia Missed Her Party atten: Foreth/Truenoth/Talith/Mendl #clutching Part 15 #clutching

sailyn2

“Foreth!” Mendl cried as the egg was laid. Briefly she wondered if that egg had zapped the queen, but that was impossible. “I can get some cold water for you--it sounds like there’s some swelling going on!”

She’d send both fathers to get buckets and buckets of snow for Foreth. “Kassia!” she called, not wanting to take liberties, but poised to take action.

Kassia came back out of the temporary weyr looking a little pale.

“Is everything okay?”

((It hurts,)) Foreth admitted, sounding tired. ((But nothing will stop me from laying my eggs.))

“That last one really hurt her,” Mendl said. “I was thinking that someone should go to the mountains and get some snow--I’m sure she’s swollen, and it would help bring the swelling down.” She thought a moment. “I’d like to give her numbweed, but if something went really wrong we wouldn’t know. The cold would help though.”

((Neither of the sires leave,)) Foreth said, laying down and catching her breath.

“I could send someone to find Ozayith and Kasheth,” Kassia said. “Let me go talk to one of the guards to send a note on.”