Topics

We're off to See the Weyrwoman atten: Kashara/Trifali/Andreya/Truenoth

sailyn2

Kashara sighed. "We're going to regret this," she said as they started off.

They headed for the long walk across the bowl until the Caverns came into view. Truenoth and Talith were settled outside, but that didn't necessarily mean anything since Foreth was rather demanding.

"All right, we can see if the boys will let us in. You two first since you're so insistent."

Jessica Freise

"Fine," came back Fali's response before she stepped up to the male dragons. She bowed, feeling they deserved respect.

"We're searching for the Weyrwoman, boys. she missed her own party. Might we go in?"

On Jul 19, 2020, at 10:09 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara sighed. "We're going to regret this," she said as they started off.

They headed for the long walk across the bowl until the Caverns came into view. Truenoth and Talith were settled outside, but that didn't necessarily mean anything since Foreth was rather demanding.

"All right, we can see if the boys will let us in. You two first since you're so insistent."

Rosiegirl

Reaching the Cavern entrance and seeing both of the Flight winners settled on the ground outside, Andreya raised an eyebrow in surprise at that but at Kashara saying for them to go first seeing if the males would let them pass, Andreya didn't even get a chance to glance at Trifali first to see which of them were going to speak first before her half-sister was stepping up and bowing to the two male dragons.

Stepping up right next to Trifali, giving an elegant curtsy in her dress, Andreya added her own voice to the request, even though it mostly mirrored what the first girl had said, and asked the two males "Fair skies, Truenoth and Talith." As she spoke their names, she nodded deeply to each one in turn before continuing with "As Trifali said, we were worried when she didn't appear at the party. May we go inside, to greet both Foreth and Kassia this evening?" Surely, Andreya wouldn't need to add that both she and Trifali were the Weyrwoman's assistants in order to pass.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 10:11 AM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Fine," came back Fali's response before she stepped up to the male dragons. She bowed, feeling they deserved respect.

"We're searching for the Weyrwoman, boys. she missed her own party. Might we go in?"
On Jul 19, 2020, at 10:09 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara sighed. "We're going to regret this," she said as they started off.

They headed for the long walk across the bowl until the Caverns came into view. Truenoth and Talith were settled outside, but that didn't necessarily mean anything since Foreth was rather demanding.

"All right, we can see if the boys will let us in. You two first since you're so insistent."

Aaron

"Fine," came back Fali's response before she stepped up to the male dragons. She bowed, feeling they deserved respect.

"We're searching for the Weyrwoman, boys. she missed her own party. Might we go in?"

***

Truenoth spread his wings and crouched low to the ground to block the cavern entrance as fully as he could. None were to pass him unless Foreth asked for them.

Kodah, one of Kassia's guards approached also with his brown wher beside him. He had been watching the big dragons guard the cavern entrance, as he also had not been allowed inside. But having this much help keeping people out made things rather easy on him.

"Sorry, ladies," he said. "Caverns are off-limits by Foreth's order."

Truenoth appreciated that the man who watched the Weyrwoman was there. It meant he would certainly not have to speak to any of these two-legs. He was loath to speak to any of them but his rider. And perhaps his rider's little from time to time.

sailyn2

Kashara turned to look at her cousins. "See, we're not getting in and if she's not here then who knows where she is. We should just go back to the party."

Jessica Freise

"Perhaps," Trifali said, drawing out the word. She turned to the guard. "She is okay, right, though? Both she and Foreth?"

On Jul 19, 2020, at 10:29 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara turned to look at her cousins. "See, we're not getting in and if she's not here then who knows where she is. We should just go back to the party."

Aaron

"Perhaps," Trifali said, drawing out the word. She turned to the guard. "She is okay, right, though? Both she and Foreth?"

***

"You've nothing to worry about," said Kodah. Sniffit, the brown wher, stretched out from where he crouched beside Kodah to sniff Trifali. He tilted his head and then sat back on his haunches, seemingly satisfied.

"Enjoy the party."

sailyn2

"See...nothing to worry about," Kashara said. "We should go." She gestured for the other two girls to join her as she started back off.

Then there was a loud, strained cry from Foreth inside and Kashara missed a step, wincing as she hit her healing leg wrong.

"Wait a minute...Foreth's Clutching isn't she?" she said, turning to face the bronze and the guard. "Of course she's choose today."

Jessica Freise

"Clutching," Trifali repeated, exchanging a look with Andreya. Only now did she step back, letting her stubbornness slide away. "I wouldn't wish to disturb them," she said, regretfully.

On Jul 19, 2020, at 11:11 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"See...nothing to worry about," Kashara said. "We should go." She gestured for the other two girls to join her as she started back off.

Then there was a loud, strained cry from Foreth inside and Kashara missed a step, wincing as she hit her healing leg wrong.

"Wait a minute...Foreth's Clutching isn't she?" she said, turning to face the bronze and the guard. "Of course she's choose today."

Rosiegirl

  At seeing the bronze get into position like that, spreading his wings and fully blocking the entrance to the Cavern, Andreya quickly dipped her head respectfully to the bronze saying with a soft smile "Apologies for disturbing you, Truenoth. You guard your Queen Gold well."

Then, as the guard spoke, Andreya turned toward him and nodded her head in understanding (who knows what's in the mind of an egg-heavy Queen) and offered to the guard  in a polite tone "Thank you for letting us know."

Trifali's concerned question, which had Andreya turning to the guard with concern on her own face was smoothed out by the guard's reassurance that there was nothing to worry about (and indeed, if the Weyrwoman was hurt or something the whole *Weyr* would know based on the noise Foreth would be making) . At his words to enjoy the party, Andreya dipped her head respectfully to the guard and said "Thank you sir."

Then, turning to both Kashara and Trifali, Andreya said "Unfortunately, that's all we can do to try and check on her...if the Cavern is off limits."

Andreya turned to follow Kashara when there was a cry from the Cavern and Andreya (who'd been watching Kashara) saw the other girl wince at a step. Reaching out with a quick "Are you ok?" to Kashara, then the other girl's words hit her and Andreya's eyes widened a bit in surprise. Of *course*! Now it made sense why both sires were guarding the Cavern just as it was off-limits. Why didn't she realize that before?

Nodding her head in agreement to Trifali at the look her sister gave her, Andreya agreed with "Exactly, don't want to interrupt them at all." Glancing back at the two males, Andreya did smile at them and say "Congratulations on the clutch!" It was clear that the words were meant for both males, as they had no idea who the actual sire of the two of them were.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:15 AM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Clutching," Trifali repeated, exchanging a look with Andreya. Only now did she step back, letting her stubbornness slide away. "I wouldn't wish to disturb them," she said, regretfully.

On Jul 19, 2020, at 11:11 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"See...nothing to worry about," Kashara said. "We should go." She gestured for the other two girls to join her as she started back off.

Then there was a loud, strained cry from Foreth inside and Kashara missed a step, wincing as she hit her healing leg wrong.

"Wait a minute...Foreth's Clutching isn't she?" she said, turning to face the bronze and the guard. "Of course she's choose today."

Jessica Freise

Trifali went to Kashara's side. Concerned replaced stubbornness and irritation, both of which had played across her features, she knew.

"Do you need a hand, Kashara?"

On Jul 19, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

[...]

Truenoth bowed his head to the polite ones. He appreciated their demeanor, even if he did wish they would go about their business and leave him alone.

Kodah was not going to confirm nor deny the girls' guess. It was not his business to give information, only to secure the entrance to the caverns.

"Do you need me to send for help?" he asked the hurt one.

sailyn2

"No, I just...need a minute." Excitement threatened to overwhelm the pain, but Kashara knew she had to be careful.

Just then Kassia slipped past the two male dragons and spotted Kodah and the girls.

"What are you all doing here?" she asked.

"We came to make sure you were okay," Kashara said, "but I'm guessing Foreth is Clutching."

Kassia frowned at them. "You really should have stayed away, but I could actually use you three. Kashara, you go find M'gal. Andreya, you find T'rifoshe. I need their dragons to bring ice here to the Caverns. Trifali, you can let everyone know that Foreth is Clutching. She has a gold egg already. No one is to come anywhere near here unless specifically invited. Now hurry."

Jessica Freise

Trifali's heart leapt. She nodded, though, and tore off for the party without a second thought. As she ran, her feet pounding the ground, she had one thought: a gold egg now laid upon the sands.

On Jul 19, 2020, at 11:36 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"No, I just...need a minute." Excitement threatened to overwhelm the pain, but Kashara knew she had to be careful.

Just then Kassia slipped past the two male dragons and spotted Kodah and the girls.

"What are you all doing here?" she asked.

"We came to make sure you were okay," Kashara said, "but I'm guessing Foreth is Clutching."

Kassia frowned at them. "You really should have stayed away, but I could actually use you three. Kashara, you go find M'gal. Andreya, you find T'rifoshe. I need their dragons to bring ice here to the Caverns. Trifali, you can let everyone know that Foreth is Clutching. She has a gold egg already. No one is to come anywhere near here unless specifically invited. Now hurry."

Rosiegirl

At Kashara's reassurances, Andreya still looked at the other girl with concern, putting her excitement over the clutching to the wayside for worry about Kashara.

And then Kassia was outside the Caverns with them asking why they were there. When Kashara replied for them, Andreya saw the frown on the weyrwoman's face as she said we should have stayed away. But then, Kassia asked them to do some things for her, find specific people to bring ice. Nodding her head at Kassia's direction, Andreya was already reaching out to her flits, pulling 'Zar away from the green he was trying to cuddle with and Ellysetta from the soft bundle of blankets she'd been curled up in on Andreya's bed. Already directing her flits to find T'rifoshe and then let her know where he was, the pair of flits (with the image of Trifoshe she had provided them) began going between looking for her father.

As she sent the flits off looking, she pulled herself back to what Kassia was saying to hear that there was a gold egg already. Tramping down on the excitement, Andreya couldn't help herself from smiling as she offered to Kassia "I'll find T'rifoshe. And congratulations to you and Foreth on another gold!" With that, Andreya slipped off her shoes (easier to move while not wearing those tall heels) and began to run from the Cavern just slightly slower than Trifali (being barefoot now), hoping her flits would soon find T'rifoshe and provide her with a direction on where to go, but she started with heading toward the party, thinking the best chance of spotting him would be there.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:46 AM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"Thanks and don't come back!" Kassia called after them as they all started off.

"Sorry, mom," Kashara said with a look of chagrin, and then she headed off to give M'gal.