Topics

Every Party Needs A Wallflower Att: Andronda/R'tal

Jerzy Tobin

R'tal had considered going after Kassia and Talith to check on the eggs but - especially if N'shen went too - that had problems attached. Leave the party with no Weyrleaders present and there was every chance it might slip out of control again. He wasn't feeling up to negotiating with Kassia over alcohol a second time.

Still, there was no need to do anything about that beyond actually existing, a visible reminder that maybe if people were drinking then private time belonged in their own weyrs. He hadn't intended to do much more than hover until he noticed the young goldrider quietly tucked away in a corner.

First impressions might be bad but they could possibly start again. He wandered towards her, offering a smile. "This seat taken?"
Andronda was pulled out of her thoughts by the question, and she
looked up to see the smiling face of R'tal. Oh. Maybe not the last
person she wanted to see, but given how their first meeting had gone,
she still had mixed feelings about him. But it wouldn't be fair not
to give him a second chance, would it? Just because she had tucked
herself into a corner to avoid attention didn't mean people weren't
going to come talk to her, so she might as well be pleasant. So she
smiled back and gave a small nod.

"Not at all, Weyrleader R'tal. Please, join me."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

Andronda was pulled out of her thoughts by the question, and she
looked up to see the smiling face of R'tal.  Oh.  Maybe not the last
person she wanted to see, but given how their first meeting had gone,
she still had mixed feelings about him.  But it wouldn't be fair not
to give him a second chance, would it?  Just because she had tucked
herself into a corner to avoid attention didn't mean people weren't
going to come talk to her, so she might as well be pleasant.  So she
smiled back and gave a small nod.

"Not at all, Weyrleader R'tal.  Please, join me."

R'tal sat facing the party rather than her, legs stretched out in front of him as he kept a careful eye out for signs of trouble. Truth be told he was just as happy not to have Kassia there; crowds were a difficult place to make safe. "You don't like parties?" he asked, mildly questioning.

Jerzy Tobin

R'tal sat facing the party rather than her, legs stretched out in front of him as he kept a careful eye out for signs of trouble. Truth be told he was just as happy not to have Kassia there; crowds were a difficult place to make safe. "You don't like parties?" he asked, mildly questioning.
"Usually, yes, I do, actually," Andronda answered, sipping at her
wine. "Sometimes, though, I don't much feel like being in the crush
of the crowd."

She wasn't going to outright say that she felt terrible, and had only
come because of a pestering gold and a faint notion that she *had* to
put in some sort of appearance. It was the Weyrwoman's birthday, and
Sarati's, after all.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Usually, yes, I do, actually," Andronda answered, sipping at her
wine.  "Sometimes, though, I don't much feel like being in the crush
of the crowd."

She wasn't going to outright say that she felt terrible, and had only
come because of a pestering gold and a faint notion that she *had* to
put in some sort of appearance.  It was the Weyrwoman's birthday, and
Sarati's, after all.

"And the crowd at the Gather and what happened there didn't help, I'd guess?" R'tal suggested, still watching the crowd rather than her.

Jerzy Tobin

"And the crowd at the Gather and what happened there didn't help, I'd guess?" R'tal suggested, still watching the crowd rather than her.
"Is it that obvious?" Andronda asked, a bit wryly. She hadn't thought
it had showed so clearly in her expression. But R'tal was right. A
good number of her nightmares had involved getting trapped in the
crowds, and knives flashing everywhere. She suppressed a shudder at
the thought, pushing it away resolutely.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"You're a goldrider and someone tried to stab the Weyrwoman. Less obvious, and more understandable caution I would say." He turned to smile at her and dropped his voice to a quieter tone. "For what it's worth, I'm just as glad Kassia isn't here. But she doesn't need to know that."

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:42 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> "And the crowd at the Gather and what happened there didn't help, I'd guess?" R'tal suggested, still watching the crowd rather than her.

"Is it that obvious?" Andronda asked, a bit wryly.  She hadn't thought
it had showed so clearly in her expression.  But R'tal was right.  A
good number of her nightmares had involved getting trapped in the
crowds, and knives flashing everywhere.  She suppressed a shudder at
the thought, pushing it away resolutely.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

"You're a goldrider and someone tried to stab the Weyrwoman. Less obvious, and more understandable caution I would say." He turned to smile at her and dropped his voice to a quieter tone. "For what it's worth, I'm just as glad Kassia isn't here. But she doesn't need to know that."
Andronda blinked, confused.

"Kassia isn't here? But it's her party!"

She honestly hadn't noticed it until R'tal had pointed it out.
Andronda had just assumed that she hadn't spotted the Weyrwoman
walking around yet because she wasn't really paying attention, and
that the other woman was actually socializing, since this was, after
all, her celebration. It hadn't occurred to her that Kassia hadn't
shown up at all.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

R'tal dropped his voice to a murmur now, hooking his chair slightly closer to the table. "Foreth is Clutching. She got called at the last minute."

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 12:08 AM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> "You're a goldrider and someone tried to stab the Weyrwoman. Less obvious, and more understandable caution I would say." He turned to smile at her and dropped his voice to a quieter tone. "For what it's worth, I'm just as glad Kassia isn't here. But she doesn't need to know that."

Andronda blinked, confused.

"Kassia isn't here?  But it's her party!"

She honestly hadn't noticed it until R'tal had pointed it out.
Andronda had just assumed that she hadn't spotted the Weyrwoman
walking around yet because she wasn't really paying attention, and
that the other woman was actually socializing, since this was, after
all, her celebration.  It hadn't occurred to her that Kassia hadn't
shown up at all.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

R'tal dropped his voice to a murmur now, hooking his chair slightly closer to the table. "Foreth is Clutching. She got called at the last minute."
"Oooh!" Andronda crooned excitedly, only just remembering to keep her
voice down. Obviously that wasn't something that you just blurted out
for everyone to hear. "How wonderful! I can't think of a better
birthday gift."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146