Topics

(Clutching) Why Kassia Missed Her Party atten: Foreth/Truenoth/Talith/Mendl #clutching Part 10 #clutching

sailyn2

“I wouldn’t expect that,” Mendl said. “I love Dytha’s Ponth, I mean, she’s so friendly and all, and her upkeep is way less than one of your offspring. But I want a dragon that,” she looked around to make sure Ponth or Dytha weren’t there. She didn’t want to hurt their feelings, “that can fly a full Fall, or most of a Fall. One that isn’t easy. One that, well, complements me.” She thought a moment about what she said, then grinned.

“Faranth, I sound egotistical, don’t I?” she asked.

“No, you sound fairly normal,” Kassia assured her.

Silence lapsed for a few minutes until Foreth got up again in the now familiar uncomfortable movements that another egg was on the way.

More minutes stretched on as Foreth grunted and groaned with her newest arrival. Finally it fell free and she repositioned it to the front to start working on it.

“Does that look like a tunnelsnake baring its fangs behind a green glass cage?” Kassia asked.