Topics

(Clutching) Why Kassia Missed Her Party atten: Foreth/Truenoth/Talith/Mendl #clutching Part 3 #clutching

Laurie

Mendl was in the Dragon Infirmary doing apprentice dragonhealer stuff when Eyesis came chittering up to her, followed by another flit.

"Awww, Eyesis, do you have a new boyfriend?" she asked. The look her green gave her spoke volumes. Maybe firelizards didn't communicate like people, but they could communicate.

The note the other flit handed her summoned her to the Hatching grounds. "Whoa! Foreth's Clutching? Yay!" But there was still cause for concern. The leg, the double...dipping? whatever.  This clutch wasn't going to be a normal one.

Grabbing anything and everything she thought she'd need, Mendl ran to the Caverns. It took some doing, but she was finally allowed in. Knowing better than to just go up to the gold, she stopped by Kassia.

"I'm glad you called. I've been kind of worried about when she started Clutching, myself. What's happening?"  Then she remembered her manners and tilted her head. "Good afternoon, Weyrwoman."

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 11:45 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

There was a short rest while Foreth caught her breath. Inwardly Kassia felt mixed feelings. Two eggs, but such weird looking ones. Was that a sign that something had gone wrong? A reflection of Foreth's personality? Or was she just being superstitious? She also wondered whether she should call in a healer, especially with Foreth's leg which was a lot better, but was still weak.

"Mine, can I call in a healer?" Kassia asked as the Queen fussed with her first two eggs.

((Why?)) Foreth asked, not bothering to look up.

"Just in case." Kassia knew there was no point in calling someone if the Queen objected unless there was a major issue. Queen's were very finicky about their privacy when they were Clutching. "I could call that Mendl, you liked her."

Foreth had taken a bit of a shine for the young dragonhealer while she helped keep her leg casted appropriately. Probably because Mendl was willing to coo over her and convince her that Kassia was the one being the meanie during their fights.

Foreth was quiet a long moment then, ((Her, no one else.))

"I'll be right back," Kassia got up to go ask her guard to send his flit to send for the girl.

By the time she came back Foreth was fussing over another egg. This one was a dark ominous blue with what looked like trees and branches. Kassia shivered. She could almost feel the cool, creepy air blowing over her while walking through that forest.

"Are all of these eggs going to be so creepy?" Kassia asked before she could stop herself.

Foreth's head came up sharply and she turned an irritated whirling eye on her lifemate. ((What's wrong with my eggs?)) Her tail slashed irritably.

Kassia put her hands up and shook her head. "Sorry, they're beautiful.  As always."

((Sharding right they are,)) Foreth snorted, pulling in the dark forest looking egg even as another started to emerge.

sailyn2