Topics

Happy Birthday to Me. Happy Party to Everyone Else atten: ALL 8.28.7.17

sailyn2

Kassia's birthday and Sarati's birthday were the same day. After the Gather Dance had been ruined and the weather had gotten so horrendous, Kassia wanted an excuse to boost morale with another party and their shared birthday seemed as good a reason as any. Word went out a few days ahead of time that there'd be a party and preparations were under way. A grand feast was planned and alcohol (doled out in moderation by Kassia's order) as well. There'd be music and a dance floor. Decorations went up around the Dining Hall and the Dining Hall was cleared early to give time for the rest of the preparations. Guards were posted to keep a close eye on the event.

The time for the party arrived and people started arriving. Sarati made her appearance from the beginning, but the other guest of honor had not yet arrived within the first candlemark.

OOC: Party time! Feel free for your characters to enjoy themselves. Alcohol consumption is being watched, so if your character will probably be cut off if they start getting too drunk or rowdy.

Date is 8.28.7.17

Jessica Freise

Trifali had expected the Weyrwoman to show up. After all, it was her birthday, too, as well as Sarati's. She enjoyed the food and avoided the drink, though she nearly ran down a concerned-looking young woman in the second half of the second candlemark of the party.

"I'm sorry," she said, then paused. The girl looked a lot like herself. She smiled. "You wouldn't happen to be a part of Lady Kassia's extended family would you?"

On Jul 16, 2020, at 4:54 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

[...]

Date is 8.28.7.17

sailyn2

"Yeah, you're Trifali, right?" Kashara hadn't spent as much time with this daughter of T'rif's as she had with Andreya, but she recognized the girl just the same. She had a plate with food in her hand and gestured around her with the fork. "Enjoying the party?"

Jessica Freise

"I am," she answered, killing two questions with one response. Her forehead creased, however, as she asked, "Have you seen Weyrwoman Kassia yet? I would have thought she'd have been here by now."

On Jul 18, 2020, at 1:42 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Yeah, you're Trifali, right?" Kashara hadn't spent as much time with this daughter of T'rif's as she had with Andreya, but she recognized the girl just the same. She had a plate with food in her hand and gestured around her with the fork. "Enjoying the party?"

sailyn2

"She's probably just held up," Kashara said, not particularly worried yet. Knowing her mom, she probably got caught in the dress by one of her weyrmates and they'd gotten...indisposed. "How are you doing, by the way?"

Jessica Freise

"A bit overwhelmed," she found herself mentioning as she found a seat and gestured to Kashara to sit. "There's so much excitement in the air I think I mihgt choak. And really, Lady Kassia should be here, along with Serati."

On Jul 18, 2020, at 1:55 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"She's probably just held up," Kashara said, not particularly worried yet. Knowing her mom, she probably got caught in the dress by one of her weyrmates and they'd gotten...indisposed. "How are you doing, by the way?"

sailyn2

"My mom will put in an appearance when she's ready," Kashara said, taking a sip of drink. "If this is too much, I'd be happy to join you just outside where it's not so noisy."

Jessica Freise

She hated to admit it, but- "Yes, let's do that. We can get to know one another better." She gave her  real smile, one that reached all the way to her gray eyes.

On Jul 18, 2020, at 2:06 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"My mom will put in an appearance when she's ready," Kashara said, taking a sip of drink. "If this is too much, I'd be happy to join you just outside where it's not so noisy."

sailyn2

Kashara couldn't hide a limp as she led the way through the party and outside to a nearby bench where things were a lot quieter, if hotter. She took a seat. "So how are you liking Candidacy here?"

Jessica Freise

"Are you alright?" Fali returned, before answering, "I enjoy it. It makes me feel like I have a purpose, like I'm useful. I've made friends and family here."

On Jul 18, 2020, at 2:17 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara couldn't hide a limp as she led the way through the party and outside to a nearby bench where things were a lot quieter, if hotter. She took a seat. "So how are you liking Candidacy here?"

sailyn2

"I'm still recovering from being trapped in the cave," Kashara explained. "You enjoying working for my mom, too? I hear you and Andreya are helping keep her sane."

Jessica Freise

"Oh yes," she said, smiling. "It's definitely a learning experience working with Kassia. But no unenjoyable."

On Jul 18, 2020, at 2:28 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"I'm still recovering from being trapped in the cave," Kashara explained. "You enjoying working for my mom, too? I hear you and Andreya are helping keep her sane."

sailyn2

"Better you than me," Kashara  said wryly. "I love her, but I'd never want to work for her. Glad it's working for you too, though. What are you looking forward to the most at this point?"

Jessica Freise

"I'd say Impressing, but doesn't everyone? I suppose I'm simply wishing to get to know my family, *our* family, and build from there." She toyed with a bit of cake on her plate. Almost a quarter candlemark had gone by.

"Look, I'm gonna go find her."

On Jul 18, 2020, at 2:43 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Better you than me," Kashara  said wryly. "I love her, but I'd never want to work for her. Glad it's working for you too, though. What are you looking forward to the most at this point?"

sailyn2

Kashara rolled her eyes. "I'm telling you that you don't want to find out what she's doing. She is allowed to have a life. And I'd prefer I only be involved in it when she's fully clothed."

Jessica Freise

"I'm going," she said, determination of steel carving her face into a determined mask as she rose and began to walk away. "Come if you like, stay if you like. Up to you."

On Jul 19, 2020, at 9:07 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara rolled her eyes. "I'm telling you that you don't want to find out what she's doing. She is allowed to have a life. And I'd prefer I only be involved in it when she's fully clothed."

sailyn2

"Okay." Kashara rolled her eyes. "But don't expect my mom to be happy at the intrusion. She has plenty of people to keep track and make sure she's safe. So if she's not here, it's because she doesn't want to be here. But I'll come because she might be less likely to yell at both of us."

Jessica Freise

Trifali made a noncommittal noise in the back of her throat and walked briskly towards her goal. If the Weyrwoman wasn't at her own part, she reasoned, she was with her gold. Unashamedly, she moved into the open mouth of the hatchincavens, then froze, calling for Kassia, but warey fof Foreth.
On Jul 19, 2020, at 9:42 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Okay." Kashara rolled her eyes. "But don't expect my mom to be happy at the intrusion. She has plenty of people to keep track and make sure she's safe. So if she's not here, it's because she doesn't want to be here. But I'll come because she might be less likely to yell at both of us."

Jessica Freise

"It's a plan, then," Fali said, ignoring the other girl's sarcasm. They began to walk, covering ground in almost perfect pace, though Kashara looked unhappy with Trifali.

On Jul 19, 2020, at 9:42 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Okay." Kashara rolled her eyes. "But don't expect my mom to be happy at the intrusion. She has plenty of people to keep track and make sure she's safe. So if she's not here, it's because she doesn't want to be here. But I'll come because she might be less likely to yell at both of us."

Rosiegirl

Coincidently, Andreya had been at the party and had been growing concerned by Kassia not having arrived yet. But she'd still waited...and waited...and finally she'd decided she should go and check on Kassia as she got worried about why the Weyrwoman hadn't shown up to her own party! Well, hers and Sarati's party anyway, but still. The Weyrwoman wasn't here and she should be.

So, still in the pretty, clingy blue dress that flared out at her hips to fall in folds a bit higher than her knee and her tall heels, the small folder with her sheet music of the song she'd prepared to sing as a present to Kassia and Sarati tucked under one arm, Andreya tossed her head to settle her hair back over her shoulder and left the party. She was walking toward the Hatching Cavern, surely the only place Kassia could be if she was missing her party was there with Foreth, suddenly also worried about Foreth, Andreya realized that she recognized the two forms walking in front of her.

Hurrying her steps as much as possible, Andreya called out as she waved "Kashara, Trifali! Wait up a second!" Hurrying, taking care not to twist an ankle in her heels as she walked, Andreya smiled as she came even with the other two girls and said with clear amusement "I guess we had the same idea. I was waiting in the party for her, no idea you both were contemplating coming to check on her too."