Topics

For Love of the Sea (Luicion, Macralan)

Ren

Humans had much to learn from dolphins, not least of which was the proper way to swim in the ocean to save energy and body heat. Macralan swam alongside Kos in his special swimming suit, body undulating like his dolphin friend as the warm water caressed them. Every now and then Kos would breach in a jump and squealed happily which Macralan tried with varying success to imitate. Kos always found such actions endearing, much like he would if a calf were trying. Humans were just a treat.

While swimming, something caught the dolphin's attention and he eagerly swam after it. Was it food?

A bit away, Morgisu was enjoying a pleasant bob in the warm water while his human swam laps using the bronze as a lap buoy. He had his wings spread slightly and floating on the surface to collect more of the sun and his inner eyelid was closed in pure bliss. Days they spent at sea were paradise to the bronze. Luicion loved it too as it gave him a phenominal chance to exercise plus reminded him of the better times back at his seahold.

Luicion's reverie was disrupted when he heard Morgisu shriek in outrage before disappearing between. What had set the firelizard off? Swimming cautiously closer, the boy gasped when he saw the dolphin.

"Hi there! Dolphin, shipfish!" Luicion called happily to it. Kos turned to the sound and clicked happily at the boy.

"Hihi!" Kos called with a wave of his pectoral fins. "Dolphin Kos! Human swim good! Swim like Macralan."

"Who's Macralan?" Luicion asked, still surprised to be talking to a lucky dolphin out of nowhere.

"I am!" The human surfaced with a broad grin and a wave. "Sorry about your firelizard, son- Kos thought it might have been food."

"Say, you from TIllek?" Luicion asked curiously. "Morgisu will be fine, he just didn't wanna get eaten."

"I am, how'd you guess, lad?" Macralan's grin was wide and good-natured, pleased to be picked out like that.

"Well, dolphin kind of gave it away, but mostly it was yer accent. I'm from Fort Seahold meself," Luicion stated proudly. "Came down here when shit went south an' been here ever since."

Macralan whistled impressively. "Say, you've had adventures, haven't you lad? I'm from Tillek Seahold where I met Kos and we just came here for our journeyman rotation. What's your rank, eh?"

"Seacraft apprentice, but I'm a candidate!" Luicion's pride was clear in that statement. "I've been so since Fort an' I was twelve. I'm gonna stay a candidate til I either Impress my bronze or age out."

"Bronze eh? You an' every other lad out there. Best set yer sights lower so you get yer chance, boy." Macralan didn't know much about dragons but he didn know it was bad to refuse a kind.

"Eh, if one really wants me then I ain't gonna tell him ta stop or go away," Luicion shrugged and dunked himself under the water briefly to cool off. "Nah, I'll take whoever talks ta me on the sands. But I know I'm gonna get a bronze or brown. I'm Luicion of Fort! It's just my nature."

That made Macralan laugh hard enough that Kos had to swim over and support him. "Ah, lad, with that nature, I must say that I would be surprised if you weren't Wingleader or Weyrleader or something. I don't know much about Weyr ranks. But one thing's for sure- if you don't never Impress, you'll be one great seacrafter."

"Hehe, thanks!" Luicion laughed and pushed the water towards Macralan.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, C'fan (Fort), D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer), Ozfini (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...