Topics

#stabbing If You Think You're Getting Away Attn Bl'by, Andronda, Cuylar, T'baran #stabbing


Laura Walker
 

It was all fun and games right up until someone got stabbed. And then suddenly it wasn't fun any more.

Bl'by might usually be the gentlest man you might be likely to meet but he was also big, an he'd spent long enough at Fort to know that sometimes big made a difference. When things kicked off, the big guy was far less likely to become collateral damage, and so by extension was anyone stood with him. Panicking crowds weren't a good place to be for smaller people, someone heavier could keep their feet if it turned to a stampede.

Not that that didn't mean that he wasn't getting the shells out of here regardless.

Trying to keep a tight lid on rising panic (did someone just say the Weyrwoman had been stabbed?) he kept an arm around the girl he'd been dancing with, trying to protect her from getting pulled away in the crowd and trampled. "Miss, I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to get you out of here safe, okay?" His voice sounded steadier than he felt, though he couldn't recall her name right now. Too busy scanning the crowd, using his size to let him push through it. He spotted a familiar mop of hair at last, and breathed a mental sigh of relief. "T'baran! Over here!" Get the people he cared about together, get everyone out and then Weyrleadership could do the crazy Weyrleadership thing somewhere they weren't. Didn't matter where you were, when Weyrwomen were getting hurt blue and greenriders were collateral damage. 

He scanned the crowd again, searching. Cuylar was--where the shells was Cuylar?

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Steelsilver
 

V'rex had been lingering near the edges of the dance, but as soon as the yelling started, the blue rider turned pale and glanced around in a panic. 

A moment later he was spotting Bl'by and bounding over. "What's going on? We have to get out of here!"


Jerzy Tobin
 

It was all fun and games right up until someone got stabbed. And then suddenly it wasn't fun any more.

Bl'by might usually be the gentlest man you might be likely to meet but he was also big, an he'd spent long enough at Fort to know that sometimes big made a difference. When things kicked off, the big guy was far less likely to become collateral damage, and so by extension was anyone stood with him. Panicking crowds weren't a good place to be for smaller people, someone heavier could keep their feet if it turned to a stampede.

Not that that didn't mean that he wasn't getting the shells out of here regardless.

Trying to keep a tight lid on rising panic (did someone just say the Weyrwoman had been stabbed?) he kept an arm around the girl he'd been dancing with, trying to protect her from getting pulled away in the crowd and trampled. "Miss, I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to get you out of here safe, okay?" His voice sounded steadier than he felt, though he couldn't recall her name right now. Too busy scanning the crowd, using his size to let him push through it. He spotted a familiar mop of hair at last, and breathed a mental sigh of relief. "T'baran! Over here!" Get the people he cared about together, get everyone out and then Weyrleadership could do the crazy Weyrleadership thing somewhere they weren't. Didn't matter where you were, when Weyrwomen were getting hurt blue and greenriders were collateral damage.

He scanned the crowd again, searching. Cuylar was--where the shells was Cuylar?
When you hear the words "Weyrwoman" and "Stabbed" the panic button got
slammed full force, even before the Harpers bellowed for everyone to
clear the floor. It sure did for Andronda. First instinct was to
look around and try to spot just where Kassia was, to see if it was
true, but people were already starting to scream and run all over.
Second instinct was to look for her own guards, and make herself not a
target. Get back to Nykantiath, get back to the Weyr and safety. The
strong arm around her shoulders helped calm her, but not by much.

"Need to get to my dragon!" Andronda said, her own voice filled with
fear. No way she was letting Nykantiath come *here* where she would
be a very, very large target.


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Laura Walker
 

"Getting you there." Bl'by's voice was grim; he was trying very hard to control his own panic right now.  "V'rex, get over here." He reached with the arm that wasn't around Andronda to grab V'rex, practically dragging him closer. He was still scanning the crowd, trying to find a path to get to T'baran, trying to work out where the shards Cuylar was in all this - he was tall enough that he *should* be able to see him and he couldn't. "Stick close, someone trips in this and they'll be trampled."

((Mine is looking for yours.)) Traynth didn't have to pretend to be calm; there was no-one looking at him to see if he looked scared so he could crouch and shiver and chew his tail all he needed to. He reached for Elphith, fear tinging his voice. ((He wants to get them out of here but he can't find him.))

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 10:32 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> It was all fun and games right up until someone got stabbed. And then suddenly it wasn't fun any more.
>
> Bl'by might usually be the gentlest man you might be likely to meet but he was also big, an he'd spent long enough at Fort to know that sometimes big made a difference. When things kicked off, the big guy was far less likely to become collateral damage, and so by extension was anyone stood with him. Panicking crowds weren't a good place to be for smaller people, someone heavier could keep their feet if it turned to a stampede.
>
> Not that that didn't mean that he wasn't getting the shells out of here regardless.
>
> Trying to keep a tight lid on rising panic (did someone just say the Weyrwoman had been stabbed?) he kept an arm around the girl he'd been dancing with, trying to protect her from getting pulled away in the crowd and trampled. "Miss, I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to get you out of here safe, okay?" His voice sounded steadier than he felt, though he couldn't recall her name right now. Too busy scanning the crowd, using his size to let him push through it. He spotted a familiar mop of hair at last, and breathed a mental sigh of relief. "T'baran! Over here!" Get the people he cared about together, get everyone out and then Weyrleadership could do the crazy Weyrleadership thing somewhere they weren't. Didn't matter where you were, when Weyrwomen were getting hurt blue and greenriders were collateral damage.
>
> He scanned the crowd again, searching. Cuylar was--where the shells was Cuylar?
>
When you hear the words "Weyrwoman" and "Stabbed" the panic button got
slammed full force, even before the Harpers bellowed for everyone to
clear the floor.  It sure did for Andronda.  First instinct was to
look around and try to spot just where Kassia was, to see if it was
true, but people were already starting to scream and run all over.
Second instinct was to look for her own guards, and make herself not a
target.  Get back to Nykantiath, get back to the Weyr and safety.  The
strong arm around her shoulders helped calm her, but not by much.

"Need to get to my dragon!" Andronda said, her own voice filled with
fear.  No way she was letting Nykantiath come *here* where she would
be a very, very large target.


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146





--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Aaron
 

((Cuylar is helping to save the one who was hurt,)) said Elphith. ((Where are you?)) she asked. ((I will come and be with you.)) She had a feeling that Traynth was in a bad way. Cuylar felt fine to her. He was in Healer mode.

***

((Mine is looking for yours.)) Traynth didn't have to pretend to be calm; there was no-one looking at him to see if he looked scared so he could crouch and shiver and chew his tail all he needed to. He reached for Elphith, fear tinging his voice. ((He wants to get them out of here but he can't find him.))


Laura Walker
 

((No, he shouldn't be there, that's dangerous.)) Traynth's voice had a squeak of panic in it; back in the crowd Bl'by had stopped for a moment, still anchoring V'rex and Andie, to swear quietly and fiercely. ((I am here--)) a quick flash of his location ((--but they have to go.))


On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 10:52 PM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
((Cuylar is helping to save the one who was hurt,)) said Elphith. ((Where are you?)) she asked. ((I will come and be with you.)) She had a feeling that Traynth was in a bad way. Cuylar felt fine to her. He was in Healer mode.

***

((Mine is looking for yours.)) Traynth didn't have to pretend to be calm; there was no-one looking at him to see if he looked scared so he could crouch and shiver and chew his tail all he needed to. He reached for Elphith, fear tinging his voice. ((He wants to get them out of here but he can't find him.))



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Steelsilver
 

Muikoth was awake now, and on alert, the blue creeping to Traynth's side, craning his neck to try and see where His was. Where was V'rex? What was going on?! ((We- we need to get out of here. Where are our riders? What's going on?)) Draconic memory was an odd thing, especially when his rider was in a full blown state of panic. 

Any moment now the dragons would start keening, V'rex thought, and nearly lost his footing when Bl'by stopped, the blue rider in a state of near shock. 


Rogue Kakashi
 

T'baran was never too far from Bl'by.  He gave the bluerider space, but T'baran couldn't help but be protective of the man, especially with his condition.  Not only that... he'd began to notice changes with him, too.  When the call went out the greenrider automatically sought out his friend, wading through the crowd of people until he reached him.  "Bl'by!  Are you okay?  Are you... " T'baran looked confused at the goldrider.  What was she doing dancing with Bl'by?  He didn't know Andronda, but the memory of Eilid was still too recent for T'baran.  Was it happening again?  "Goldrider Andronda, are you okay?"


Laura Walker
 

"I can't find Cuylar." You couldn't fight Fall if you let yourself lose your head and panic and Bl'by was trying hard to keep his, was trying to act as bulwark to stop the smaller two in front of him getting jostled. Everyone had their limits though. "I can't-- someone said the Weyrwoman was stabbed and Traynth says he headed back in there to help and-- shells, we have to get out but I can't find him--" His hands were tight on V'rex and Andromeda's shoulders, tight enough that there would be bruises later most like, and he was too much in a hurry to bolt the words out to actually listen to Tbaran.


On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:25 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
T'baran was never too far from Bl'by.  He gave the bluerider space, but T'baran couldn't help but be protective of the man, especially with his condition.  Not only that... he'd began to notice changes with him, too.  When the call went out the greenrider automatically sought out his friend, wading through the crowd of people until he reached him.  "Bl'by!  Are you okay?  Are you... " T'baran looked confused at the goldrider.  What was she doing dancing with Bl'by?  He didn't know Andronda, but the memory of Eilid was still too recent for T'baran.  Was it happening again?  "Goldrider Andronda, are you okay?"



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Aaron
 

Elphith landed beside Traynth and quickly snuggled up to him and wrapped a wing over him. And then gently put a paw on his tail to take it out of his mouth if he would let her.

((If your rider must flee, then he may flee. Cuylar is safe with guards and working to save a life. He cannot leave.))

***

"I can't find Cuylar." You couldn't fight Fall if you let yourself lose your head and panic and Bl'by was trying hard to keep his, was trying to act as bulwark to stop the smaller two in front of him getting jostled. Everyone had their limits though. "I can't-- someone said the Weyrwoman was stabbed and Traynth says he headed back in there to help and-- shells, we have to get out but I can't find him--" His hands were tight on V'rex and Andromeda's shoulders, tight enough that there would be bruises later most like, and he was too much in a hurry to bolt the words out to actually listen to Tbaran.


Laura Walker
 

((It's not safe--)) He could feel Bl'by's heart banging against his ribs, hear his rider's background panic, the chant of 'not safe, not safe, NOT SAFE' echoing at the back of his mind. Bl'by might be managing to appear like someone just about holding it together but Traynth was shivering, huddling closer to Elphith. ((He says if she dies it will all go wrong again. Everyone has to get out.))


On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
Elphith landed beside Traynth and quickly snuggled up to him and wrapped a wing over him. And then gently put a paw on his tail to take it out of his mouth if he would let her.

((If your rider must flee, then he may flee. Cuylar is safe with guards and working to save a life. He cannot leave.))

***

"I can't find Cuylar." You couldn't fight Fall if you let yourself lose your head and panic and Bl'by was trying hard to keep his, was trying to act as bulwark to stop the smaller two in front of him getting jostled. Everyone had their limits though. "I can't-- someone said the Weyrwoman was stabbed and Traynth says he headed back in there to help and-- shells, we have to get out but I can't find him--" His hands were tight on V'rex and Andromeda's shoulders, tight enough that there would be bruises later most like, and he was too much in a hurry to bolt the words out to actually listen to Tbaran.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Aaron
 

((Sometimes, Healing might not be safe,)) said Elphith. ((But it is his job, and he will do it. If everyone abandons her, she will die. If they stay with her and help her, she may live. Trust me. Trust Cuylar.))

***

((It's not safe--)) He could feel Bl'by's heart banging against his ribs, hear his rider's background panic, the chant of 'not safe, not safe, NOT SAFE' echoing at the back of his mind. Bl'by might be managing to appear like someone just about holding it together but Traynth was shivering, huddling closer to Elphith. ((He says if she dies it will all go wrong again. Everyone has to get out.))


Steelsilver
 

"We need to go. We need to get out of here." V'rex was mumbling, half to himself, and Muikoth was shifting uneasily, eyes whirling streaks of yellow and white, fully caught up in his rider's mood. 

((We need to go.)) the blue echoed, to both Elphith and Traynth, wings already half unfurled, shifting his weight from paw to paw nervously. ((We all need to go now.)) 


Aaron
 

((Go if you must,)) said Elphith to Muikoth. ((Cuylar is staying to help, and I won't leave him behind.)) She was, for once, the one holding onto Cuylar's calm. He was too far gone into Healer Mode to be panicking, and Elphith was glad for it.

***

"We need to go. We need to get out of here." V'rex was mumbling, half to himself, and Muikoth was shifting uneasily, eyes whirling streaks of yellow and white, fully caught up in his rider's mood. 

((We need to go.)) the blue echoed, to both Elphith and Traynth, wings already half unfurled, shifting his weight from paw to paw nervously. ((We all need to go now.)) 


Laura Walker
 

It made sense, it just didn't calm Traynth down. He pressed closer against Elphith's side, tail twitching anxiously. ((He's afraid that if we leave yours we might not find him again.)) You fled once and spent turns being surprised by which friends hadn't died in the confusion and it left you reluctant to leave anyone a second time. 


On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
((Sometimes, Healing might not be safe,)) said Elphith. ((But it is his job, and he will do it. If everyone abandons her, she will die. If they stay with her and help her, she may live. Trust me. Trust Cuylar.))

***

((It's not safe--)) He could feel Bl'by's heart banging against his ribs, hear his rider's background panic, the chant of 'not safe, not safe, NOT SAFE' echoing at the back of his mind. Bl'by might be managing to appear like someone just about holding it together but Traynth was shivering, huddling closer to Elphith. ((He says if she dies it will all go wrong again. Everyone has to get out.))



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Aaron
 

((If you can find me, you can find Cuylar. And if you can find Cuylar, your rider can find him. Stay here with me. Bring your rider and Muikoth's here to us,)) said Elphith. ((We are far enough away. And if we stand in a circle with your riders in the middle, we will see whomever approaches.))

***

It made sense, it just didn't calm Traynth down. He pressed closer against Elphith's side, tail twitching anxiously. ((He's afraid that if we leave yours we might not find him again.)) You fled once and spent turns being surprised by which friends hadn't died in the confusion and it left you reluctant to leave anyone a second time. 


Rogue Kakashi
 

"What we need to do is calm down.  Listen.  Listen!  Do you hear that?"  He paused pointing at the sky. T'baran grabbed both Bl'by and V'rex, one hand on each shoulder.  "No keening.  No dead dragon.  No dead Weyrwoman.  Let's get off the dance floor and figure out what's happening."

T'baran was doing his best to be the voice of reason.


Laura Walker
 

It helped. It helped because T'baran sounded calm and had a clear idea what to do at a point where Bl'by was caught between getting away and pushing back through to find Cuylar. Just..get out, work out what was happening.. and then maybe run. He nodded and swallowed back on the panic, starting to push Andie and V'rex forward again until they were out of the worst of the crowd, keeping a sharp eye to make sure T'baran didn't somehow vanish on the way.


On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 9:47 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"What we need to do is calm down.  Listen.  Listen!  Do you hear that?"  He paused pointing at the sky. T'baran grabbed both Bl'by and V'rex, one hand on each shoulder.  "No keening.  No dead dragon.  No dead Weyrwoman.  Let's get off the dance floor and figure out what's happening."

T'baran was doing his best to be the voice of reason.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Jerzy Tobin
 

It helped. It helped because T'baran sounded calm and had a clear idea what to do at a point where Bl'by was caught between getting away and pushing back through to find Cuylar. Just..get out, work out what was happening.. and then maybe run. He nodded and swallowed back on the panic, starting to push Andie and V'rex forward again until they were out of the worst of the crowd, keeping a sharp eye to make sure T'baran didn't somehow vanish on the way.
Andronda had been alarmed when the one rider had recognized her;
someone had stabbed one Weyrwoman, who was to say there weren't riders
involved, and without her knots and everyone panicking, was he
*looking* for her specifically? She couldn't manage to squeak out a
response, nor pull herself away from Bl'by's vice-like grip to slip
away. Instead she was pulled along with the other two, towards the
edges of the crowd. The mention that there was no keening of the
dragons did help calm some of Andronda's fear. No keening meant
Kassia was alive, if not well. But that didn't mean safe, by any
means. Especially if gold riders were being targeted.

The more the crowd thinned out, the easier it was to scan the edges of
the dance square, and just as they spotted her, Andronda spotted her
guards as well. A pair of large men, both tall and strongly built,
came striding over quickly to intercept the group of riders.

"Lady Andronda, are you hurt?" asked Mion.

"Sir, please unhand Gold rider Andronda," Tofin said, looking at Bl'by
sternly. Not threateningly, because he didn't yet see a threat, but
there was an authoritative tone to his voice that would brook no
argument from anyone.


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Laura Walker
 



Andronda had been alarmed when the one rider had recognized her;
someone had stabbed one Weyrwoman, who was to say there weren't riders
involved, and without her knots and everyone panicking, was he
*looking* for her specifically?  She couldn't manage to squeak out a
response, nor pull herself away from Bl'by's vice-like grip to slip
away.  Instead she was pulled along with the other two, towards the
edges of the crowd.  The mention that there was no keening of the
dragons did help calm some of Andronda's fear.  No keening meant
Kassia was alive, if not well.  But that didn't mean safe, by any
means.  Especially if gold riders were being targeted.

The more the crowd thinned out, the easier it was to scan the edges of
the dance square, and just as they spotted her, Andronda spotted her
guards as well.  A pair of large men, both tall and strongly built,
came striding over quickly to intercept the group of riders.

"Lady Andronda, are you hurt?" asked Mion.

"Sir, please unhand Gold rider Andronda," Tofin said, looking at Bl'by
sternly.  Not threateningly, because he didn't yet see a threat, but
there was an authoritative tone to his voice that would brook no
argument from anyone.

Bl'by hadn't been listening, hadn't really absorbed what T'baran had said before, was not in any way ready for a pair of guards to approach them. It was fortunate that his automatic action if approached by guards, well-trained by Fort, was to raise both hands into view releasing both Andronda and V'rex. He'd already been verging on panic, now he just stared at Andronda in utter shock because really he'd had nightmares that went this way.
 
--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.