Topics

Who Am I? Where Am I? What Are You Even Saying? (R'vbor, Healer)

Ren

Blue waves and rolled through his vision, then pink, then green. There was a voice calling out to him, but it sounded like it was a thousand miles away with how muffled it was. Everything hurt, so he went back to sleep.

When next he woke, things were much darker and quieter. He could still hear the voice and noted that it was closer. So they'd got smart and came nearer? No, not quite. The thick cotton in his head had lessened somewhat which allowed the man to hear some of what it was saying. It was... calling for him? Was it him? It kept saying a name but he didn't know if that was his name. Who was R'vbor?

{{You are!}} The voice insisted eagerly, glad it had come through. It sounded like such a nice fellow... {{I should hope that you think I'm nice since I'm your dragon.}} Now its tone was dry. A dragon? He had a dragon? {{You've had me for twenty-five Turns now. Hang on, I'll call a healer to you.}} Ignoring the little apprentice girl who couldn't hear him, even though she was nearby, Hircoth mentally nudged the second-closest healer.

{{Pardon, but my R'vbor has woken up. Can you check him please?}}

Turning his attention back to R'vbor, Hircoth kept nudging him with his consciousness to keep him awake. {{Yes, you are R'vbor and I am your Hircoth. I am a brown dragon, a stunning one, and you fell from me in Threadfall. You crashed into the water and a healer came to get you. You've been out almost a week.}}

Now his head hurt. R'vbor, if that really was his name, tried to crack open his eyes and found that he could in the blessed darkness. They were heavy and crusty but they worked a bit. His body was weighted down by bandages and stitches that itched and throbbed softly but with more and more insistence as he woke. R'vbor tried to call out to see if he could find the voice but all that came out was a whimper. Another shortly followed it as pain began to kick in.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Kouga

[...]

Rena couldn't help both perking up and shuddering a bit at the voice
in her head. She had grown slightly used to it over the turns as a
healer, but she would never be completely used to another dragon than
Hobath in her head and she would never know how K'ren could do it.
Still it was a name she knew well at this point after being allowed to
help try and put the other rider back together after his crash landing
in the ocean, though that may have only been because she was first to
respond. Still it was something and it had meant she had tried to
check on him at least once a shift when she was in the infirmary. It
still took her a few seconds to realize the odd voice was his dragon
past the oddity of the well odd dragon in her head. Once that was
sorted though she was moving quickly towards where the brownrider was
in his curtained off area.

She had actually been starting to worry about the brownrider because
there was honestly only so long he could stay out before things would
get bad so she was rather glad to hear he was awake. She paused only
briefly at the opening to the room to 'knock' and let the man know she
was there before entering. "Hircoth said you were awake?" she
questioned making her way towards the man watching him closely. He was
probably going to be weak at the very least because there was honestly
only so much the healers could do for someone who couldn't help them
with their own care and keeping them well fed and hydrated wasn't one,
they could only just do their best on it.

ooc: i know someone was going to reply but since they still hadn't
figured i would get Rena on it again .... hope ya don't mind

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Ren

OOC: No complaints on my end <3

R'vbor looked up at the healer who entered, eyes  blurry and confused. "Hircoth.... I know that name. Oh yeah, the voice in my head, the dragon."

{{He is out of it from being asleep so long,}} Hircoth supplied to Rena.

"I'm starting to hurt, healer," R'vbor almost whined, unable to control his tone. "I'm so itchy too..."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, C'fan (Fort), D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer), Ozfini (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Kouga

OOC: No complaints on my end <3
R'vbor looked up at the healer who entered, eyes blurry and confused.
"Hircoth.... I know that name. Oh yeah, the voice in my head, the
dragon."

{{He is out of it from being asleep so long,}} Hircoth supplied to Rena.

"I'm starting to hurt, healer," R'vbor almost whined, unable to
control his tone. "I'm so itchy too..."<<

Rena frowned at the first words, well that was not a very good sign,
he didn't remember his own dragon? "I will get a Journeyman over to
see about something for pain." she promised before mentally rolling
her eyes at the itching though not to R'vbor more just in amusement
that it seemed to be the first thing most people worried about so it
was a private amusement to her at this point "Well please do us a
favor and don't scratch R'vbor. Then how about you tell me the last
thing you remember."

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

TrueTricia

OOC: THANK YOU!  I was running totally late!

Ren

"I don't think I could scratch if I wanted to," R'vbor admitted with a sigh. "My body is so heavy. Um... Last thing I remember. Thread. Dragon." He screwed up his face in thought. I felt proud... straps were good, I was good. Dragon was ready to flame. Then falling. Fell forever. Did you know dragons can turn white from being brown? It's cool to see."

Hircoth snorted outside in disagreement. It certainly had not been 'cool' at the time for him.
--
[...]

"It's ok it will get better, but I thought it would be better to at
least mention just incase." Rena advised offering R'vbor a small
smile. Well so at least he remembered he /had/ a dragon even if he
wasn't connecting Hiroth's name to said dragon just now, that was
slightly less concerning just some associations that needed
reorienting in his head it sounded like, but she would make sure to
tell the JM when she went to get them for some the pain the brownrider
had. "Thread got to the main straps holding you to Hiroth and you fell
into the water. Hobath and I were the first ones who got to you." she
explained "It wasn't a 'cool' fall or a 'cool' landing. I think you
nearly scared poor Hircoth between." she added frowning as she still
remembered the ache in her head she had ended up with from his
shouting.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Ren

{{Damn right you did,}} Hircoth replied with a huff. {{I thought we were both going to go between that day.}}

"Man, I'm sorry," R'vbor groaned while rubbing his head. 'I'm still trying to remember what happened and where I am, cut me some slack for thinking a color-changing dragon is cool. You don't see that every day."

{{No you don't because dragons aren't supposed to be white,}} Came the sharp rebuttal. {{If we're white, we're terrified. White eyes are bad enough, but to make our hides white is a level of bad.... It took that gold MINUTES to calm me down!}}

R'vbor frowned at the window where a red dragon eye glared in at him. "Geez, Hircoth... I really... I'm sorry. Thanks for getting someone to take care of me."

Placated, the red changed back to a worried yellow and the whirling slowed down.