Topics

Mm, Whatcha Say? (R'vbor, Healers) #healer-needed

Ren

Threadfall was going great for R'vbor and Hircoth. Their gear was solid and sturdy, their flame was hot and strong, and Hircoth's stamina was holding up splendidly. Really it was an ideal 'Fall and one that every rider longed for. Nothing had gone wrong so far.

And then it did.

One single stray strand of Thread landed right on a crossection of highly critical straps, severing every single connection the rider had to his brown so that the next time Hircoth had to turn oh so high up in the air, R'vbor went tumbling off of his dragon. He rolled in the air until he was falling face-up and looking at his terrified dragon as Hircoth bugled in terror and dove for his partner. The brown hide was streaking with grey as stress overtook Hircoth, but R'vbor found himself remarkably calm. So, was this how he died? Well at least he knew what it was to fly on his own before he died.

{{YOU ARE NOT FLYING, YOU ARE FALLING!}} Hircoth screamed in terror as his rider fell. R'vbor was aware of the ground coming up but still the fear didn't enter him.  In no time and in an eternity, R'vbor crashed into the water and lost his breath. Pain shot through his body and eliminated the comfort of his near death and now he was cold, wet, and in so much pain. Fear filled R'vbor now and he tried to thrash but every movement of his legs brought fresh pain and agony to his shocked brain. Another eternity passed and water entered R'vbor's lungs before a massive paw scooped him up and held him close. R'vbor was only vaguely somewhat sure maybe who it could be as he lay near dead in his dragon's paws.

Hircoth, meanwhile, screamed at the top of his physical and mental lungs so that everyone not dragondeaf in the vicinity could hear. {{HELP, HELP! MY R'VBOR DIES! SOMEONE HELP HIM!}}
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Kouga

[...]

Rena cringed at the sound of the voice watching others do the same and
glad when Hobath had enough flame to save their replacement from a
scoring due to the sudden scare. She was torn for a brief moment
between wanting to have Hobath scold the other dragon and to just find
out what was happening and could tell he was in truth feeling the
same. In the end they waited just long enough to make sure their
replacement was ok then moved to find the owner of the voice which
guessing by the roar was from below once Rena had enough time to
actually realize what the voice said not just be annoyed at the
volume.

Hobath feel into a dive to get to the source as quickly as possible
while still being careful of the fact that he himself was tired. Which
also sadly meant that he had to be more shallow that he usually could
due to not being sure of being able to pull from a full dive. Still it
was enough and it got them down where Hobath spotted the other male in
the ocean and landed as close to the brown as he dared glad for the
give the sand had.

Rena barely waited for Hobath to be settled before she was undoing her
straps and sliding down his shoulder all while wishing she had any
supplies with her. [[Get them out of there and see what the dragon
says. Then see if you can catch anyone from back at the Weyr and get
them out here with basic things.]] it was the downfall to well flying
fall. She didn't bring her healer bag to Fall because it would be too
much extra to worry about and she was sure others were the same.

Hobath reached out to Hircoth {{Bring yours out there where Rena can
get to him.}} he stated moving back some to make sure Rena has plenty
of space {{Also *dieing* is not a proper thing for how yer rider is.
We need you to tell us what is wrong. Where is he hurting? What
happened?}} the blue asked possiably a little harsh sounding, but he
needed the brown to calm down so they could help and they needed
information. It was as simple as that to Hobath and also probably a
good reason they were healers and not dragonhealers, he had no bedside
manner.

ooc: hope this works

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Ren

Hircoth whimpered as he slowly and carefully waded through the water to lower his paw on the sand near Rena. {{We flew well, but then Thread ate his straps and he fell. He fell and he fell and he fell and I thought he was going to die! He's still dying now!}} Hircoth let out another wail as his tail slapped against the water. {{When he hit the water, I felt pain pain pain! His legs are gone and his back is bitten.}} They weren't, of course, but the brown was describing the pain in the best way that he knew how.

ooc: Beautiful, darling
--
[...]

Hobath mentally grumbled at the description, but passed on what the
brown said to his chosen. He knew he was probably 'spoiled' as Rena
was want to say because she was a healer and knew how best to describe
things, but /still/. {{Concentrate}} The blue demanded once Rena was
moving {{Is it sharp or stabby or burney or squirmy? Is it all the
time or just if something makes him move? Can you feel yours
breathing? Is he feeling hot or cold? Is he talking to you?}} he
prodded trying to get Rena more information from the brown and in his
own way keep the brown from panicking.

Once the man was on the sand Rena moved as quickly as she could to
R'vbor's side careful not to move him at first and instead just trying
to look him over. She could tell his legs weren't right which agreed
with what Hobath had gotten from the brown. She couldn't make out
anything about his back from this angle, but she didn't want to move
R'vbor until help got there just because an injured back was never
good and it sounded like the brown was saying he hurt it too. Still
she did after a short pause move forward to running hands over arms,
shoulders, chest, legs and anything else to try and check for what
injuries she could feel without moving him and though riding leathers.
She would need a kit to get the leathers off and wasn't sure she
wanted to even do that until they could get him back depending on how
bad things were.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric