Topics

Twisted Logic (ATTN: Nyzara/Zy'fen)

Jessica Freise

"One day there will be," she replied quietly. "Or if not 'normal', then comfortable. One day, given time, you will adjust."

On Sep 5, 2020, at 11:39 AM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Zy'fen looked down at the sleeping baby in his arms, wondering when Illeana would be back to get him. "I'm not sure what that word means anymore. There is no normal." He was simply confused now.

Amy Frazey

Zy'fen looked down at the sleeping baby in his arms, wondering when Illeana would be back to get him. "I'm not sure what that word means anymore. There is no normal." He was simply confused now.

Jessica Freise

"Excellent senses," she said, deciding to let his self-criticism lie for now. "I've worked very hard to accommodate and adjust to a lack of sight, though Flare helps of course. I don't see it so much as I am disabled as I am my own personal definition of normal."

On Aug 28, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

(OOC- sorry it took me so long to answer)

Zy'fen gave a bitter chuckle. "I can't eve take care of myself. I can't take care of Nerenth. Other people have to bathe and oil him now. How would I take care of a demanding new flit hatchling?"

Then Zy'fen shifted the conversation off himself, to Nyzara. "How do you cope with your...disability?" He was interested in her answer, thinking maybe it would help him.

Amy Frazey

(OOC- sorry it took me so long to answer)

Zy'fen gave a bitter chuckle. "I can't eve take care of myself. I can't take care of Nerenth. Other people have to bathe and oil him now. How would I take care of a demanding new flit hatchling?"

Then Zy'fen shifted the conversation off himself, to Nyzara. "How do you cope with your...disability?" He was interested in her answer, thinking maybe it would help him.

Jessica Freise

SHe didn't have to see the pain. She heard it. She thought for a moment, debating with herself, then wondered why she was. Part of her job was to help rehabilitate this man, and it might help him to take an egg from Flare's clutch. Still, she tread.

"Not all the eggs are spoken for," she said gently.

On Jul 31, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Zy'fen nodded. "Alright. And congratulations on the clutch." He paused, "My blue flit is gone. He disappeared the day I got hurt." There was a mix of emotions in Zy'fen's voice and on his face, though Nizara couldn't see it. Regret that the firelizard had *betweened*, anger at the Thread that had forever changed his life, bitterness over that change, relief and gratitude that he was still alive, and that it hadn't been Nerenth who was lost. Confusion over what would happen to him now.

On Wed, May 20, 2020, 5:09 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Nyzara scented the smell of the infirmary far before she entered it. She might be a Mindhealer, but she'd never cared for the scent itself. Today she moved with the assistance of a Healer Apprentice and her cane, as her golden Flare was busy overseeing her clutch. THe thought made her smile.

With that smile in place, she entered Zy'fen's room. The cane swept back and forth until she found a seat presumably beside the bed.

"Good morning," she said.

Amy Frazey

[...]

OOC Can you repost this in full, it is being difficult with my screenreader. Thanks!

On Jul 4, 2020, at 7:04 AM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

(OOC Repost)

[...]

"That's wonderful, congratulations," Nizara said, lowering her own voice in deference to the little one. "I'd have brought my little Queen, Flare, to meet you, but she is currently brooding over her first clutch. As such, I will do my best to interpret what I hear in your voice correctly. If I am mistaken, please, at any time, stop me and we will discuss things until we're on the same page."

On May 27, 2020, at 1:05 PM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Zy'fen was still mostly unresolved about his situation, but welcomed the visit anyway, for the sake of company, if nothing else. And he had a new respect for the work the healers did. Yes, his leg was gone, but it could have been much, much worse if not for their quick thinking and even quicker actions.

"I have a baby with me. I guess he's my son," Zy'fen spoke quietly, looking down at the sleeping baby, "His name is Tianmar." He had no reason to doubt that Ileana was telling the truth about him being the boy's father.

Amy Frazey

Zy'fen was still mostly unresolved about his situation, but welcomed the visit anyway, for the sake of company, if nothing else. And he had a new respect for the work the healers did. Yes, his leg was gone, but it could have been much, much worse if not for their quick thinking and even quicker actions.

"I have a baby with me. I guess he's my son," Zy'fen spoke quietly, looking down at the sleeping baby, "His name is Tianmar." He had no reason to doubt that Ileana was telling the truth about him being the boy's father.

Jessica Freise

"Hello," Nyzara's answer was soft, understanding. "I don't have my gold hear to act as my eyes today, so I'll ask, who else is here?"

On May 21, 2020, at 8:37 AM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Zy'fen had a slight frown concentration on his face as he held Tianmar carefully, rocking him from side to side as instructed by th creche worker who had brought the baby to him for a visit. He felt off balance, both emotionally and physically, at the sight of the baby that was most likely his son. The pretty Harper girl, the boy's mother, had visited him a time or two during the past weeks, bringing Tianmar with her, and Zy'fen was of two minds about that. On one hand, it was nice to see a pretty face. On the other hand, he didn't want her to think of him as not being a whole man. He didn't want -anyone- to think of him that way. Contrarily, he thought of himself as not being whole.

But the person who now entered his recovery tent wasn't who he was expecting. This was a person he only knew barely knew of. But upon seeing her, Zy'fen stopped rocking Tianmar and watched while the blind Mindhealer sat down in the chair beside his cot. "Hello." That single word sounded wary, and weary, with undertones hinting at unease and anger.

Amy Frazey

[...]

"Good morning, Zy'fen," Nyzara said crisply as the man in question took a seat across from her and her very gravid gold. Flare, always at her human's beck and call, regarded him with brightly jeweled eyes.

"I see you brought someone with you."