Topics

Revelations (ATTN: T'rif/Trifali/Rassia)


sailyn2
 

"There's lots of classes," Rassia said. "All about dragons and dragon riding. About being in a Weyr. You'll see. Some of it's interesting...some of it not so much. Once you've been here two turns, you'll have had most of the classes multiple times and you can go full time into a craft at that point if you want. Assuming you don't Impress before then."


Jessica Freise
 

Impress.

The one word sent shivers down her spine. To Impress would be the panicle of success. She chewed her lower lip, thoughtfully, then asked, "How long have you been here?"

On May 18, 2020, at 9:47 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"There's lots of classes," Rassia said. "All about dragons and dragon riding. About being in a Weyr. You'll see. Some of it's interesting...some of it not so much. Once you've been here two turns, you'll have had most of the classes multiple times and you can go full time into a craft at that point if you want. Assuming you don't Impress before then."


sailyn2
 

"I was born here," Rassia said proudly. Few could say that. "I Stood as soon as I was old enough. So...I've been Standing a while. I stayed in the Barracks though instead of going full time into my craft. I'm a beastcrafter."


Jessica Freise
 

"Huh," Fali murmured, taking that in. She couldn't say she'd imagined herself Impressing straight off, nor could she say she didn't feel the allure. Smiling at the other girl she asked, "How did you choose a craft?"

On May 18, 2020, at 11:45 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"I was born here," Rassia said proudly. Few could say that. "I Stood as soon as I was old enough. So...I've been Standing a while. I stayed in the Barracks though instead of going full time into my craft. I'm a beastcrafter."


sailyn2
 

Rassia shrugged. "Mine was kind of expected. In my family it's tradition to be beastcrafters, especially to work with the runners. So I'm doing that. I'm hoping to Impress, so there's no point in looking into anything else. And if I don't, it's an okay enough craft to be in. But for those that don't know, they let do a rotation between crafts."


Jessica Freise
 

Fali nodded her understanding. "I'm going to be the type who enjoys rotations," she commented. "My....*mother*...didn't believe in crafts. At least, not if it didn't benefit her."

On May 18, 2020, at 12:17 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Rassia shrugged. "Mine was kind of expected. In my family it's tradition to be beastcrafters, especially to work with the runners. So I'm doing that. I'm hoping to Impress, so there's no point in looking into anything else. And if I don't, it's an okay enough craft to be in. But for those that don't know, they let do a rotation between crafts."


sailyn2
 

"Really?" Rassia asked, raising her eyebrow. What kind of woman was T'rif's daughter's mother? "That's weird. But we'll change that here. Okay? You need something to do in case you don't Impress. But believe it or not, there are Weyrs that believe like your mom. You're lucky you ended up here."


Jessica Freise
 

"Weird does not even begin to cover it," Fali responded. "Lucky is certainly how I feel."

On May 19, 2020, at 5:54 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Really?" Rassia asked, raising her eyebrow. What kind of woman was T'rif's daughter's mother? "That's weird. But we'll change that here. Okay? You need something to do in case you don't Impress. But believe it or not, there are Weyrs that believe like your mom. You're lucky you ended up here."


sailyn2
 

"I hope you continue to feel that way," Rassia said. They reached the area where they kept the extra Candidate robes. "We'll go in here. Did you learn how to sew at least? If not, I'm okay at it, but you're better off asking some of the others who are better, if not. We can just get you something that's close for the time being."


Jessica Freise
 

"I can sew, yes. Mother, dear woman," there was bitterness in her tone, "Had no use for a daughter that couldn't sew."

On May 24, 2020, at 10:54 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"I hope you continue to feel that way," Rassia said. They reached the area where they kept the extra Candidate robes. "We'll go in here. Did you learn how to sew at least? If not, I'm okay at it, but you're better off asking some of the others who are better, if not. We can just get you something that's close for the time being."