Topics

Revelations (ATTN: T'rif/Trifali)

Jessica Freise

Excitement thrummed through Fali as she knocked on the closed office door. Nerves were right behind the excitement, underlying the buoyancy of the first feeling with a greasy, belly-chirning sensation. Head held high, red hair braided down her back, clear gray eyes direct, she opened the door when told to come in and felt her heart pound as if it might escape her chest.

"I was told to come see you," she said, voice surprisingly calm, but eyes wide and alight. "I've been Searched."

sailyn2

"Come in, come in," T'rif called from behind his desk. "You're a new Candidate?"

Jessica Freise

Trifali, or Fali as she preferred to be called, stepped inside and closed the door at her back. She stood for a long moment, studying T'rif before she answered, "Just Searched."

On May 13, 2020, at 7:46 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Come in, come in," T'rif called from behind his desk. "You're a new Candidate?"

sailyn2

T'rif gave her a welcoming smile and gestured for her to sit in a chair across from him. He noted the red hair and grey eyes that could have had her fitting in with his own family, but didn't think much of it as he said, "Please, come in. Tell me your full name and where you're from."

Jessica Freise

"Trifali, formerly of Arolos Hold."

Her intense grey eyes studied him as she took a seat. She mulled over what to say, how to act. Her heart beat so loudly she swore he could hear it.

On May 14, 2020, at 11:14 AM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif gave her a welcoming smile and gestured for her to sit in a chair across from him. He noted the red hair and grey eyes that could have had her fitting in with his own family, but didn't think much of it as he said, "Please, come in. Tell me your full name and where you're from."

sailyn2

"Trifali, of Arolos Hold," T'rif started to note down on the paper he had in front of him, then he stopped and looked up and stared. No, it couldn't be. After all these turns? "Trifali? Is...is that really you?"

Jessica Freise

Her mother hadn't stinted on details about T'rif. She'd known as soon as she'd stepped inside who and what he was. Her hands closed into fists, grey eyes stormy as she thought of the woman she hated and the man she'd come here to find.

Throat tight, she squeezed out one word: "Yes."

On May 14, 2020, at 1:00 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Trifali, of Arolos Hold," T'rif started to note down on the paper he had in front of him, then he stopped and looked up and stared. No, it couldn't be. After all these turns? "Trifali? Is...is that really you?"

sailyn2

T'rif came to his feet and came around for a hug whether she wanted one or a not. "Trifali! I've missed you! You've grown up! I can't believe it."

Jessica Freise

"Why didn't you come?" she challenged softly, a little stiff in his embrace, but not aposed to returning it. "You left me with Satali."

On May 14, 2020, at 1:24 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif came to his feet and came around for a hug whether she wanted one or a not. "Trifali! I've missed you! You've grown up! I can't believe it."

sailyn2

T'rif stiffened, but for a different reason, and his eyes widened. "I...I didn't know where you were," he said, words dripping with pain. "I looked. But she ran off with you in the night with a note that she was taking you to another Weyr and I'd never see you again."

Jessica Freise

"Sounds like," Fali breathed. Slowly, inch by inch, she let herself relax, let herself fully embrace him. Her throat was still tight, her eyes hot. She would *not* cry.

"I really was Searched," she mumbled some moments later, surprised to realize she was doing so against the Assistant Candidate Master's chest. *her father's* chest.

On May 14, 2020, at 1:36 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif stiffened, but for a different reason, and his eyes widened. "I...I didn't know where you were," he said, words dripping with pain. "I looked. But she ran off with you in the night with a note that she was taking you to another Weyr and I'd never see you again."

sailyn2

T'rif continued to hold her, rubbing her back. "You're a Weyrborn, you don't need to be Searched anyway. You were only at the Hold because your mom took you there. And I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." He pulled back. "Do want to sit over on the sofa? You might feel more comfortable?"

Jessica Freise

She eased out a breath, nodding her assent. She sat down, shivering slightly. This was going far better than she could have hoped, but she almost expected the other boot to drop any minute.

"Was she better?" she asked in a small voice. "With you, before me, was she better? Because she was a born bitch all my life."

On May 14, 2020, at 1:46 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif continued to hold her, rubbing her back. "You're a Weyrborn, you don't need to be Searched anyway. You were only at the Hold because your mom took you there. And I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." He pulled back. "Do want to sit over on the sofa? You might feel more comfortable?"

sailyn2

T'rif took a deep breath as he sat down next to her. " She wasn't always...the woman that took you from me," he said carefully. "I don't know what she was like after she took you away. I'm so sorry to have love you. I'm sorry for whatever you went through. I did look. I just...I never thought to look so close."

Jessica Freise

Fali dug in her beltpouch and pulled out a well warn book. "Her diary. Read it, burn it, whatever. But I thought you deserved to have a chance to know me."

On May 14, 2020, at 2:01 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif took a deep breath as he sat down next to her. " She wasn't always...the woman that took you from me," he said carefully. "I don't know what she was like after she took you away. I'm so sorry to have love you. I'm sorry for whatever you went through. I did look. I just...I never thought to look so close."

sailyn2

T'rif's eyes widened but he didn't take the book. "I'm glad to get to know you. Here. You want to Stand, I assume?"

Jessica Freise

"I wnat to stand," she agreed. "I want to be apart of this Weyr. And your life, if you'll have me. I'm not easy to live with, I'll admit it."

On May 14, 2020, at 2:26 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif's eyes widened but he didn't take the book. "I'm glad to get to know you. Here. You want to Stand, I assume?"

sailyn2

He snorted. "Believe me, I'm used to it," he said. "I'm not bothered about the idea at all. And if you think you're difficult, I should introduce you to the Weyrwoman, who is your cousin."

Jessica Freise

Her lips parted in astonishment. "MY cousin?" she repeated, dumbfounded.

On May 14, 2020, at 2:34 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

He snorted. "Believe me, I'm used to it," he said. "I'm not bothered about the idea at all. And if you think you're difficult, I should introduce you to the Weyrwoman, who is your cousin."

sailyn2

T'rif nodded. "You have a number of second cousins and a half-sister running around as Candidates as well," he said. "You've come back to a family, not just me."