Topics

Changing Loyalties (Diagir/Ziya/Vainglory, V'drare)


Ren
 

It wasn't often that Diagir went for a long walk with both Ziya and Vainglory. Vainglory's bond with her mother's handler had always been weak at best and Ziya seemed to resent the green for that. But under Diagir's influence, the two would get along enough for a walk to the Weyr proper. They didn't go there very often in case Vainglory and Ziya got into it, but Diagir had a good feeling about today. 

With his green and gold on their own harnesses, Diagir walked them along the Weyr wall at dusk.


Jessica Freise
 

V'drare shaded his eyes against the setting sun as he stood near the lake where Deltaith bathed. The glint of gold caught his eye and he approached, haling the wherhandler with a grin.

"You've got a pretty pair, there."

On May 8, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

It wasn't often that Diagir went for a long walk with both Ziya and Vainglory. Vainglory's bond with her mother's handler had always been weak at best and Ziya seemed to resent the green for that. But under Diagir's influence, the two would get along enough for a walk to the Weyr proper. They didn't go there very often in case Vainglory and Ziya got into it, but Diagir had a good feeling about today. 

With his green and gold on their own harnesses, Diagir walked them along the Weyr wall at dusk.


Ren
 

In their hated goggles, Ziya and Vainglory saw the rider and paused with a warning growl to let Diagir know someone was there. He couldn't see well in the setting sun so he was grateful for the warning.

"Thank you," Diagir replied to the other, pride thrumming in his chest. "The green is the gold's daughter."


Jessica Freise
 

"I've met a few watchwhers in my time, but none so well-formed," V'drare said, careful to keep his distance.

On May 8, 2020, at 6:50 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

In their hated goggles, Ziya and Vainglory saw the rider and paused with a warning growl to let Diagir know someone was there. He couldn't see well in the setting sun so he was grateful for the warning.

"Thank you," Diagir replied to the other, pride thrumming in his chest. "The green is the gold's daughter."


Ren
 

"I appreciate the compliment," Diagir replied sincerely. "My queen, Ziya, is a full-blooded Callamere gold, while her daughter Vainglory is crossbred with a wher with Northern blood."

Ziya sat without interest since this new human didn't pose a threat to her human. Vainglory, however, stretched forward to sniff out her interest in this stranger.


Jessica Freise
 

"What should I do?" V'drare inquired, studying the green wher who seemed so interested in him.

On May 8, 2020, at 7:18 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"I appreciate the compliment," Diagir replied sincerely. "My queen, Ziya, is a full-blooded Callamere gold, while her daughter Vainglory is crossbred with a wher with Northern blood."

Ziya sat without interest since this new human didn't pose a threat to her human. Vainglory, however, stretched forward to sniff out her interest in this stranger.


Ren
 

Diagir was intrigued at Vainglory's response to this absolute stranger. She wasn't being aggressive at all- if anything, he received the sensation of curiosity and eagerness from her.

"If you're willing, you can come greet them. If you're adverse to whers, don't worry about it- you can stay there. But if you'd like, walk over slowly, one hand extended for her to sniff and the other at your side where she can see," Diagir instructed. "She won't bite. Her name is Vainglory."


Jessica Freise
 

"I admit, I'm entrigued," V'drare said, easing forward step by step. His right hand was held out, his other loose at his side. "I can't say I know much about whers. Care to educate me?"

On May 9, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Diagir was intrigued at Vainglory's response to this absolute stranger. She wasn't being aggressive at all- if anything, he received the sensation of curiosity and eagerness from her.

"If you're willing, you can come greet them. If you're adverse to whers, don't worry about it- you can stay there. But if you'd like, walk over slowly, one hand extended for her to sniff and the other at your side where she can see," Diagir instructed. "She won't bite. Her name is Vainglory."


Ren
 

"Quite happily!" Diagir's eyebrows rose and he grinned. This was his favorite subject. "Normally it's ill-advised to approach a wher that you don't know, so when you'd like to, address their handler and ask. The handler will appreciate that anyway since it shows you have a sense of self-preservation. To do otherwise could get you bit or worse. My girls here are full Callamere and half Callamere," he gestured to Ziya and then Vainglory, "which can affect their size and temperment. Callameres are smaller and significantly lighter than their Northern cousins. Either way, meat is always an acceptable greeting for them."

As he spoke, Ziya held back sitting beside her human and giving Vainglory an odd look for how she eagerly went to sniff the rider's hand and even moreso when she butted her head up into it for pettings.


Jessica Freise
 

Startled, but game, V'drare scratched the rough, hard hide beneath his fingers. "This girl seems very friendly," he observed.

On May 12, 2020, at 12:53 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Quite happily!" Diagir's eyebrows rose and he grinned. This was his favorite subject. "Normally it's ill-advised to approach a wher that you don't know, so when you'd like to, address their handler and ask. The handler will appreciate that anyway since it shows you have a sense of self-preservation. To do otherwise could get you bit or worse. My girls here are full Callamere and half Callamere," he gestured to Ziya and then Vainglory, "which can affect their size and temperment. Callameres are smaller and significantly lighter than their Northern cousins. Either way, meat is always an acceptable greeting for them."

As he spoke, Ziya held back sitting beside her human and giving Vainglory an odd look for how she eagerly went to sniff the rider's hand and even moreso when she butted her head up into it for pettings.


Ren
 

"She's normally very standoffish," Diagir informed the other, still flummoxed. He tried to ask her what was going on but found himself ignored. He turned then to Ziya with even more questions.

{Green like new'un,} Ziya answered, almost worryingly not using Vainglory's name. {Green no hear 'gir none.}

"Wait then.. who?" Diagir asked her with some growing alarm. Ziya was unmoved, though, and just shrugged before laying down. Diagir was thoroughly confused as he looked back to V'drare. "I... wish that I could tell you what she's thinking, but I can't hear my green anymore. Ziya says that she doesn't hear me, either."

Vainglory herself purred and nuzzled up into V'drare's hand. She looked up to see his eyes and hummed lovingly. {This wher 'rare's. This wher Vaidrarsk yes.}

Ziya snorted in amusement, having known this was coming.

ooc:
Vaidrarsk, based on Serperior from Pokemon

The green that emerges from the Smug Satisfaction egg will herself be the picture of Smug satisfaction. The way Vaidrarsk's mouth is formed has it constantly shaped like a little grin and the way her eyeridges arch up naturally only add to that. Her lines are smooth and even, adding even more grace to her form. It almost sickens Ziya how downright good her daughter looks, especially for a green. Vaidrarsk's hide is the same even green all over as was on her egg, that beautiful spring green that makes one thinks of beautiful warm days. She has a keen nose that, should V'drare put it to use, could easily pick out bad gas in a mine or a general “wrongness” in an area.

Personality: It usually follows that the beautiful are the most arrogant and stuck-up. Vidrarsk is absolutely an example of that. She’s arrogant and haughty and is so sure that she’s the most beautiful wher ever shelled. Those thoughts usually mean she and her dam are butting heads with the gold winning after asserting herself. Away from these contests, though, and distracted from her vanity, she’s sweet. She understands that her nose is a helpful thing and (ignoring her proud look) enjoys helping when she can.

--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Jessica Freise
 

V'drare's chocolate brown gaze widened. He did some quick thinking to his bronze, who seemed unperturbed. Then he looked down into its -- her -- eyes.

"I think we'd better talk," he said faintly. "She- She says- Her name is Vaidrarsk."

On May 14, 2020, at 9:38 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"She's normally very standoffish," Diagir informed the other, still flummoxed. He tried to ask her what was going on but found himself ignored. He turned then to Ziya with even more questions.

{Green like new'un,} Ziya answered, almost worryingly not using Vainglory's name. {Green no hear 'gir none.}

"Wait then.. who?" Diagir asked her with some growing alarm. Ziya was unmoved, though, and just shrugged before laying down. Diagir was thoroughly confused as he looked back to V'drare. "I... wish that I could tell you what she's thinking, but I can't hear my green anymore. Ziya says that she doesn't hear me, either."

Vainglory herself purred and nuzzled up into V'drare's hand. She looked up to see his eyes and hummed lovingly. {This wher 'rare's. This wher Vaidrarsk yes.}

Ziya snorted in amusement, having known this was coming.

ooc:
Vaidrarsk, based on Serperior from Pokemon

The green that emerges from the Smug Satisfaction egg will herself be the picture of Smug satisfaction. The way Vaidrarsk's mouth is formed has it constantly shaped like a little grin and the way her eyeridges arch up naturally only add to that. Her lines are smooth and even, adding even more grace to her form. It almost sickens Ziya how downright good her daughter looks, especially for a green. Vaidrarsk's hide is the same even green all over as was on her egg, that beautiful spring green that makes one thinks of beautiful warm days. She has a keen nose that, should V'drare put it to use, could easily pick out bad gas in a mine or a general “wrongness” in an area.

Personality: It usually follows that the beautiful are the most arrogant and stuck-up. Vidrarsk is absolutely an example of that. She’s arrogant and haughty and is so sure that she’s the most beautiful wher ever shelled. Those thoughts usually mean she and her dam are butting heads with the gold winning after asserting herself. Away from these contests, though, and distracted from her vanity, she’s sweet. She understands that her nose is a helpful thing and (ignoring her proud look) enjoys helping when she can.

--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Ren
 

"What..." Diagir stared at the green who was sitting down staring at V'drare like he was the best thing since rare steak. Turning to Ziya, he received no real help from her other than the fact that the green couldn't hear him. Diagir turned back to the bronzerider in a daze. "Vaidrarsk... Well. Hm, starts with the same leter and has the same number of syllables as her last name. Oh! We haven't even introduced ourselves yet. I am Senior Journeyman Whercrafter Diagir and this is my queen Ziya. Perhaps you'd like to come sit down?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Jessica Freise
 

"I think I'd better," he murmured, walking towards the pair with the attentive green at his side. His hand kept on her neck, fingers rubbing the rough hide slowly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, but I'm araid I don't understand."

On May 15, 2020, at 2:37 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"What..." Diagir stared at the green who was sitting down staring at V'drare like he was the best thing since rare steak. Turning to Ziya, he received no real help from her other than the fact that the green couldn't hear him. Diagir turned back to the bronzerider in a daze. "Vaidrarsk... Well. Hm, starts with the same leter and has the same number of syllables as her last name. Oh! We haven't even introduced ourselves yet. I am Senior Journeyman Whercrafter Diagir and this is my queen Ziya. Perhaps you'd like to come sit down?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Ren
 

"Well, this is a world of a way to do a crash course..." Diagir rubbed his face with a sigh. "Whers are different than dragons or firelizards in that they can either Impress or bond. A bond is done after the Impression window shuts when they've had their first meal. In firelizards, that makes them feral. In dragons, well... you know. But whers can still bond successfully with humans after they can no longer Impress. That's what Vain- Vaidrarsk did with me. Ziya kept her from Impressing to me by keeping her away from me while she ate. Now, for whatever reason that I doubt I'll ever know, she's chosen to bond with you. Good news- you don't have to feed her like a hatchling right now and I bathed her this morning. Tell me, what do you know about whers?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Jessica Freise
 

"Not a lot," he admitted. "I've heard they make wonderful guards, however. She's actually *talking*," he added, distractedly. "Just like Deltaith only with more feelings and images to supplement words."

On May 15, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Well, this is a world of a way to do a crash course..." Diagir rubbed his face with a sigh. "Whers are different than dragons or firelizards in that they can either Impress or bond. A bond is done after the Impression window shuts when they've had their first meal. In firelizards, that makes them feral. In dragons, well... you know. But whers can still bond successfully with humans after they can no longer Impress. That's what Vain- Vaidrarsk did with me. Ziya kept her from Impressing to me by keeping her away from me while she ate. Now, for whatever reason that I doubt I'll ever know, she's chosen to bond with you. Good news- you don't have to feed her like a hatchling right now and I bathed her this morning. Tell me, what do you know about whers?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Ren
 

"Aye, they do," DIagir nodded with a smile. "A well-trained wher will keep you as safe as can be. They will only disobey you if you don't train them well. Your new green here is already very well-trained from me, so she shouldn't give you trouble. I'd say you would have to prove yourself to her, but she did just choose you so I doubt that will be an issue." V'drare's surprise about Vaidrarsk speaking with her mind actually made Diagir laugh. "Yes she is! Whers can speak like dragons but it's more stilted."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Jessica Freise
 

}} Pet here- No, there! Yes! Good pet! {{

"I think she chose me for pet privileges," V'drare commented. "In all of this, I'm not sure *I* introduced myself. Wingrider V'drare, Impressed of bronze Deltaith. I have to say, she's fastinating." 

On May 15, 2020, at 6:03 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Aye, they do," DIagir nodded with a smile. "A well-trained wher will keep you as safe as can be. They will only disobey you if you don't train them well. Your new green here is already very well-trained from me, so she shouldn't give you trouble. I'd say you would have to prove yourself to her, but she did just choose you so I doubt that will be an issue." V'drare's surprise about Vaidrarsk speaking with her mind actually made Diagir laugh. "Yes she is! Whers can speak like dragons but it's more stilted."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Ren
 

Diagir had to laugh. "That's her normal state alright. She's very demanding and vain, like a miniature gold. She was like training my Ziya all over again, except I had her mother to impose her influence when I needed it. I've only been bespoken by one dragon and it's oh so different than whers. Like a cloudy day and a clear one."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)


Jessica Freise
 

"Deltaith likes her," V'drare commented. "What sorts of accomidations should i make in my wher to house her?"

On May 16, 2020, at 10:42 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Diagir had to laugh. "That's her normal state alright. She's very demanding and vain, like a miniature gold. She was like training my Ziya all over again, except I had her mother to impose her influence when I needed it. I've only been bespoken by one dragon and it's oh so different than whers. Like a cloudy day and a clear one."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)