Topics

GREENFLIGHT: Let's Make a New Legend (W'rian/Rorrecath, any) #green

Ren

ooc: Set a few days after Mareeth's flight

Bright, warm, breezy, why this place was just like hom! Those were Rorrecath's first thoughts upon emerging over Arolos. She was extremely happy about this move since her rider was calmer, and now with this sun and the weather, oh it was too much!

On her back, W'rian stared in shock as he watched her hide start to glow brighter and brighter. "Oh... oh no... nononononno don't do this not now!" he begged his green to no avail. Rorrecath at least had the thoughts to dive down and dump W'rian on the ground and let him remove her straps before shooting up with a scream.

{{I am Rorrecath, and I am here! Who has a bold heart to come for me?}}

"Rorrecath, what- where am I- I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO!" W'rian shouted up at his uncaring dragon. He stood there whimpering and holding her harness and his luggage, looking lost. "Oh man, this is bad, uh... Man do I just wait here for someone or..." W'rian's head looked back and forth as he felt a familiar heat starting in his guts. "Well I can't just stand here in the middle of the Weyrbowl." He began to drag his load off to the wall, praying someone would come find him and assist him to a flightroom, a closet, a dark hole to bury himself in. You know. Sensible places.

{{I am Rorrecath!}} The bright green screamed again. {{Which of you pretty boys wants to go toe-to-toe with me?!}}

Steelsilver

Sunstreath had been minding his own business, sunning himself on a particularly nice ledge, when the green appeared and dove down, calling for challengers.

((Mine. A green rises.)) -Yeah, they do that all the time.-

((Mine.)) -Yeesh! Okay, okay, headed to the flight rooms. Bossy.-

((Rorrecath!)) Sunstreath bellowed, rose to his full height and shook his wings out, to display his elegance. ((I am bronze Sunstreath, and I will catch you!))

-----

Sekerth uncurled from his resting place by the Lake, the brown's eyes whirling with interest, and S'nen looked up as well, rolling up the hide he'd been contemplating selling, tucking it under his arm and approaching, the brownrider's gaze flickering over W'rian. "You need help?" the brown rider asked, solicitously.

What better way to cement his arrival than by winning a green?

Sekerth said nothing, only watched Rorrecath, and waited.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 3:30 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
[...]

W'rian nodded with a dazed look to S'nen. "Um... y-yeah I just transferred in to Arolos and, uh... that's my green." He gestured a slim hand up to Rorrecath as she rose through the sky. "She just, uh, dropped me and her stuff. I... flight room?" He winced internally at his blundering speech but it was getting harder and harder to think straight.

Rorrecath, meanwhile, saw the bronze and brown already interested in her and screeched her approval and challenge. {{Sunstreath! Brown! If you think you'll catch me, come on then. Can't catch me if you don't chase me.}}

Steelsilver

"This way. I'll show you where you need to be." S'nen responded , smoothly, able to control himself a little bit better than W'rian, for the moment. "I'm S'nen."

Sunstreath needed no further urging, wings snapping downwards as the bronze powered straight up, aiming for the green challenger. ((We shall be glorious together, you and I!))

Sekerth, refusing to be outdone, followed with a roar. ((I am Sekerth and I will chase you and win you!))

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

W'rian nodded with a spaced out look starting to cross his face. "Okay...Um... I.. Rorrecath." His mind was so attached to his dragon's now that he couldn't even remember his own name.

Pleased that the two were coming after her, Rorrecath didn't even mind that there were only two. A bronze and a brown made for great quality which always outdid quantity. Soaring up through the bright skies, she took the moment to feel the hot sun and cool wind twine together on her hide to make a balance and chaos at the same time. {{Arolos is my new queendom, and I shall rule the skies!}}

Steelsilver

I'des arrived to find no one there.

"This way." S'nen replied, and moved to take W'rian by the arm, escort him toward a hopefully unoccupied flightroom.

Sunstreath continued to power after her, the bronze growling slightly at the audacity of this brown to fly against *him*. ((You are truly amazing, and we will be the best among pairs!))

((Beautiful Rorrecath, I will fly to the ends of Pern for you!)) Sekerth countered.

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

Rorrecath growled in approval of the two males in her wake, spinning as she ascended higher and higher. {{None can match me, for I am the master of the air. If you want me, then you'd better be willing to prove that you're the best dragon too!}} Her eyes were fixed on the sun as an eagerness flowed through her.

W'rian went with S'nen, sweat and heat soaking his clothes and riding leathers and making his mind spin. The halls were super-imposed with visions of the sky above as seen by his dragon. "A-ah..."

Steelsilver

((I am the best, Rorrecath- I am bronze, and my very name reflects my glory!)) Sunstreath trumpeted his challenge to the green in turn.

((He will abandon you the moment a gold rises!)) Sekerth countered. ((I will pledge myself to you!))

 "Just a little bit further." S'nen wheedled, and then gave up, struggling to focus long enough to just get to an empty room.

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

Both of her chasers made very valid points, but  Rorrecath wasn't about to hear that just yet. Using a thermal, she surged upwards swiftly with a hiss to those behind her. {{How do I know that either of you will stay with me? You both can chase gold, after all. I require a mighty hero! Who shall be a hero to create a legend with me?}}

W'rian went with S'nen, following him into a side closet obediently, mind gone to his green.

Steelsilver

Sunstreath might not have been as completely *fast* as Rorrecath, but his increased stamina more than made up for it, ascending after her. ((Rorrecath, I will catch you and keep you, and we will weave a new legend together! Stories will be told of your beauty and grace, my might and glory!))

((He picks words to appeal to you, beautiful Rorrecath, but I will be the one to catch you!)) Sekerth tossed back, challenge given and accepted, beating strongly after Sunstreath. ((How can one even foretell the grandeur of the stories that will be ours?))

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 3:13 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Both of her chasers made very valid points, but  Rorrecath wasn't about to hear that just yet. Using a thermal, she surged upwards swiftly with a hiss to those behind her. {{How do I know that either of you will stay with me? You both can chase gold, after all. I require a mighty hero! Who shall be a hero to create a legend with me?}}

W'rian went with S'nen, following him into a side closet obediently, mind gone to his green.

Ren

Rorrecath liked all of one of those answers. She shrieked her displeasure at Sekerth and whipped around in her rage to actually tell him off. {{What sort of legend is that?! No one wants to hear "you decide!" when they ask someone to tell them a story! You're terrible!}} She didn't notice how close Sunstreath was or how he was able to grab her now.

Steelsilver

Sunstreath saw his chance, then, and surged forward with one last powerful downbeat of his wings, reaching out to do his best and try and catch the green just a little bit farther away. ((I will fly with and for you!)) he trumpeted.

Sekerth tried as well, beating upward, one last desperate surge and reaching as well. ((I only seek to honor you!))

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 3:41 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Rorrecath liked all of one of those answers. She shrieked her displeasure at Sekerth and whipped around in her rage to actually tell him off. {{What sort of legend is that?! No one wants to hear "you decide!" when they ask someone to tell them a story! You're terrible!}} She didn't notice how close Sunstreath was or how he was able to grab her now.

Ren

Rorrecath's attention was distracted by Sunstreath's claws catching her. Immediately their necks and tails twined together as he claimed her in her first flight at Arolos.

Down below, W'rian clung desperately to S'nen, body only acknowledging that he was there and wanted him too.

Steelsilver

Sunstreath bugled his pride and flared his wings, falling entwined with the lovely green.

---

Down below, I'des groaned as his bronze's pleasure overtook him.

Sekerth wheeled, rejected, and began the flight, if leisurely, back to the Weyr. Let His sate himself.

OOC: Black curtain.