Topics

Wher To Begin? (atten: Kassia)

Steelsilver

Armed with a fresh pair of bubblie pies in a commandeered basket, I'des made his way to the Weyrwoman's office, hoping that it had been long enough that the goldrider was hopefully free.

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

A guard stopped him at the door. "Can I help you, sir?"

Steelsilver

"Is Weyrwoman Kassia available?" I'des asked, formally.

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
A guard stopped him at the door. "Can I help you, sir?"

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

"Who may I say is here to visit?" The guard's attention never wavered off of the bronzer.

Steelsilver

"Bronze rider I'des, requesting a few moments of her time." I'des answered immediately, straightening a bit further. "I've brought her bubblie pies."

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"Who may I say is here to visit?" The guard's attention never wavered off of the bronzer.

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

Was there a hint of a smirk on the guard's face? Surely not.

"Wait here," he said before disappearing into the office. He came back out a moment later and stepped back. "Go on in."

Kassia looked up from her paperwork as I'des approached and smiled. "Bubblies? What's the special occasion?"

Steelsilver

"They're for you." I'des answered, held up the basket. "I got them fresh, they're still hot." He grinned. "Consider them a tithe of sorts." A pause. "Honestly, though, I did have a question. The bubblie pies have nothing to do with it though." He added hastily. "I've talked to a whercrafter, and a few riders with whers now, and I was just wondering- The next time you're free, would you be interested in going to Callamere with me?" The words tumbled free. "Just to look around. I don't want to rush into this. But Sunstreath told me that if I was to get another draconic, he'd rather it be a wher than a flit."

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

Kassia gestured for him to come on in. "A trip to Callamere? Sure. It's been a while since I've talked to Revai. What are you hoping for? Or are you wanting to talk to Revai first?"

Steelsilver

"I want to talk to Revai. But- honestly, I'm hoping for a brown, if I wind up actually getting a wher egg. Something with a personality, but not overly emotional. No greens or bronzes. Sunstreath wouldn't stand for something with the same color hide." I'des answered willingly, entering fully and offering the basket again.

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kassia gestured for him to come on in. "A trip to Callamere? Sure. It's been a while since I've talked to Revai. What are you hoping for? Or are you wanting to talk to Revai first?"

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

"That'll be up to you, Revai, and how many marks you can afford," Kassia said. "But a brown is probably doable. Let's have those bubblies, then we can take our trip. I was wanting a break anyway."

Steelsilver

"Right now?" I'des responded, startled, but after only a moment, set the basket and its contents on the Weyrwoman's desk. "Here you go. And I should be able to afford a brown. I just won't have much left over. Maybe I'll sell some of my wine rations."

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"That'll be up to you, Revai, and how many marks you can afford," Kassia said. "But a brown is probably doable. Let's have those bubblies, then we can take our trip. I was wanting a break anyway."

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

"You can always save up," Kassia pointed out as the bubblies were divided between them. "There's no rush. She might not even have anything for you today. We'll just have to see."

Steelsilver

I'des nodded. "That's true." He conceded. "I can be patient."

((No you can't.))

"Oh, hush."

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"You can always save up," Kassia pointed out as the bubblies were divided between them. "There's no rush. She might not even have anything for you today. We'll just have to see."

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

Kassia didn't waste any time eating her portion of the bubblies. She'd been at her office desk all morning and was glad for an excuse to get away.

"So, do you just want to come on Foreth, or do you want to follow on Sunstreath?" she asked as she wiped her hands.

Steelsilver

I'des ate his portion quickly as well. "I'll follow on Sunstreath." He responded. "If Foreth would give him the visual?"

He called his bronze down to wait for him by the offices.

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kassia didn't waste any time eating her portion of the bubblies. She'd been at her office desk all morning and was glad for an excuse to get away.

"So, do you just want to come on Foreth, or do you want to follow on Sunstreath?" she asked as she wiped her hands.

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

"Sure, see you there."
Kassia harnessed Foreth and then added the straps for Foreth to be able to safely carry Foreth ~between~. She mounted and they took off. Foreth sent over the image to I'des and then landed near the entrance to Callamere to wait for I'des.

Steelsilver

Sunstreath ducked out of ~between~ only a moment later, I'des giving the bronze neck a pat before sliding down to approach Foreth and Kassia, giving the golden queen a bow.

"This is Callamere, huh?"

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

Kassia nodded as the hold spread before them. "This way..."
She led the way, waving at people she recognized and a few new ones she didn't. After a bit of asking around she was directed to Revai's office.

"Good afternoon, Revai, I'd like you to meet Bronzer I'des. I'des, meet Revai, the owner of Callamere."

Steelsilver

"Fair skies, and it's a pleasure to meet you." I'des greeted, promptly, with an incline of his head. "I have a few questions about Callamere whers, if you have a moment."

On Friday, April 10, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kassia nodded as the hold spread before them. "This way..."
She led the way, waving at people she recognized and a few new ones she didn't. After a bit of asking around she was directed to Revai's office.

"Good afternoon, Revai, I'd like you to meet Bronzer I'des. I'des, meet Revai, the owner of Callamere."

--
Sent from my phone!

sailyn2

Revai gestured. "Have a seat. How can I help you?"

Kassia took a seat, but stayed unobtrusive as she allowed the Callamere owner take over.