Topics

It Followed Me Home atte: Sh'ain/Kassia

sailyn2

After Brogan's tail was claimed by the new kitten, Kassia took it back to her office and let it run around there. But that evening she bundled it up in a pinic basket, got a nice bottle of wine and headed back to the weyr she shared part time with Sh'ain.

"I brought home dinner," Kassia called out. Brogan padded into the weyr ahead of her while the night guard stopped outside to guard the weyr.

Kevin M

Sh'ain put down the Candidate report he'd been reading and went over to give Kassia a quick kiss. "Hey, love.  What'd you bring?" he asked, sniffing to try to get a hint.
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

Kassia returned the kiss and then held the picnic up higher. There was a squeaky meow.

"Take a look," she said, holding out the basket to him.

Kevin M

Sh'ain blinked in surprise at the noise, and then cautiously lifted the lid of the basket.  "...I hope you don't expect me to cook that," he said dryly.
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

"Nah," Kassia grinned as the odd kitten popped its head out. One half of its face was red along with much of the opposite side of the body, the other areas were black. Odd, but beautiful. "You keep asking for a kitten and Brogan didn't eat this one even when she climbed up his tail, so I thought we had a winner."

Kevin M

"Strangely enough, I don't seem to remember that..." Sh'ain mused, even as he reached in for the kitten.  "Where'd you find her?"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

"Someone found a litter with a dead mum," she said, setting the basket aside but snagging the wine from inside first. "He dragged one out of the crack where they were hidden and she latched onto Brogan as we came to investigate. Brogan didn't eat her, so I assumed that meant that we now own a kitten."

Kevin M

"Aww, poor babies," Sh'ain said, cuddling the kitten.  He'd had canines pretty much all his life, but had never thought about having a feline.  However, it was evident that he was quickly becoming owned by a feline. He tickled her and was rewarded with several sharp little claws dug into his hand and fingers.  "Ow!  Don't do that, little one," he told her, in a voice that suggested that he wasn't in the least bit angry with her.
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

"Good, so we're keeping her," she said, as if there was any choice. "I'll get everything we need sent up from the stores. Now she needs a name. What do you think?" She reached out to scritch between the kitten's ears.

Kevin M

"Half-and-Half," was the instant reply.  "Unless you have another idea?"

OOC: Inspired by my grandmother's tri-colored cat whom family legend described as "half one color, half another color, and half a third color"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

Kassia giggled. "I like it. Though I suspect it'll probably be more like 'Trouble'." That the kitten was currently trying to climb down to go exploring might have had something to do with her guess.

Kevin M

"Well, you did bring it, so you're probably right," Sh'ain teased, bending over so the kitten could jump down without hurting herself.  "Although 'Not-Food' has a ring to it," he added, giving a pointed look at Brogan.  "It worked for Rhyth and Artaq..."
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

Brogan, officially off duty for the night, watched the kitten with interest.

"Don't you dare eat it," Kassia growled at him in her 'I mean it' tone.

Brogan lowered his head and then walked around to curl up in his bed.

Kassia turned back to Sh'ain. "So, dinner?"

Kevin M

"Sounds good," Sh'ain said, keeping a wary eye on the kitten and an even warier one on the wher.  "...Did you actually bring any?"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

"Well...no...it's coming actually." She held up the wine bottle. "I got us started on the wine, though."

Kevin M

"Wine's a good start.   Go sit down, and grab us some glasses."  Sh'ain quickly did so and joined her on the couch, taking the bottle to open it.  "How was your day?"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

sailyn2

Kassia sat and sagged against their couch. She shrugged. "Not too bad, I suppose. Found the kitten.  Had lunch with the guy who found it. Work wasn't too bad. What about yours?"

Kevin M

"Pretty quiet.  I'm kind of worried, actually, something's bound to happen soon," Sh'ain joked, unaware as to the oncoming storm the Barracks was currently in the calm before.  He watched the kitchen exploring and pouncing.  "What happened to the mama?"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord