Topics

Let's Not and Say We Did (ATTN: Yiyu/Garatt)

Jessica Freise

One eye opened.

Then two.

Yiyu looked around, brain fuzzy, thoughts slow. She stretched -- or tried to. It appear, upon further examination of her situation, that she was weighted down by another body.

Oh sweet Faranth.

She hadn't.

Had she?

Laura Walker

Signs this had not in fact been anything particularly interesting included the fact that the body lying partially on top of her was both fully dressed and on top of the bedding. He was however fully asleep, face mashed into the pillows and thumb inserted into his mouth like a lost five turn old.

Garatt grunted as his mattress apparently took it into its head to start fidgeting and shifted his weight off her slightly.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:25 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
One eye opened.

Then two.

Yiyu looked around, brain fuzzy, thoughts slow. She stretched -- or tried to. It appear, upon further examination of her situation, that she was weighted down by another body.

Oh sweet Faranth.

She hadn't.

Had she?

Yiyu got a good grasp on the situation after another two deep breaths. She poked the familiar-by-now-faced Candidate in the side, hoping to move him further off her.

"Excuse me," she tried quietly. Louder. Louder still.

On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:33 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Signs this had not in fact been anything particularly interesting included the fact that the body lying partially on top of her was both fully dressed and on top of the bedding. He was however fully asleep, face mashed into the pillows and thumb inserted into his mouth like a lost five turn old.

Garatt grunted as his mattress apparently took it into its head to start fidgeting and shifted his weight off her slightly.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:25 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
One eye opened.

Then two.

Yiyu looked around, brain fuzzy, thoughts slow. She stretched -- or tried to. It appear, upon further examination of her situation, that she was weighted down by another body.

Oh sweet Faranth.

She hadn't.

Had she?

"Ow," Garatt complained, and opened his eyes, sitting up confusedly.

"Why're you in my bed?" he asked with some indignation, rather hastily removing thumb from mouth and then sitting on his hand for good measure as though to deny it had ever been there. Despite all available evidence it had to be his bed, because where else would he be asleep?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:36 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"Not in a bed," she pointed out, dark brows coming together so that worry lines furrowed her face. She did a quick mental inventory as well as physical. Despite all the evidence, they hadn't-

"We were at the party," she remembered. "I left the main part of it and got a book to read. People were doing....things...."

On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:41 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

Garatt blinked at her for a moment and then looked around as though remembering something. A minute's search and he held up his own book, automatically trying to flatten out the pages where he had been lying on them. "We were reading?" he offered uncertainly. He could at least remember the party, and the vague feeling that people were being social in a way he couldn't keep up with so it was better to sneak away.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:54 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"Yes," she agreed decisively, though in her dark brown eyes lived uncertainty. Obviously, with clothes still on, they hadn't gotten up to much, but she still wondered if she'd done *something*.

Shifting carefully, she stretched, yawned. There was a mild headache behind her eyes that made thinking difficult.

"We can't be seen together," she decided finally. "They'll think we, you know...."

On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:58 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

"That we-- oh!" Garatt was still drowsy and it took a minute before he blushed red. "We didn't-- I mean, we're still *dressed*." he said uncertainly, clutching his book like an alibi.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:02 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"No no no," she swiftly shook her head. "We didn't. But..."

She glanced around, a little desperately, "Will people think we did?"

On Apr 7, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

Garatt glanced around, fighting the urge to cover himself up even though he was actually still wearing clothes. "No-one's here," he reported, "but--" he swallowed "we'll have missed Barracks lights out time, won't we?"

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"No no no," she swiftly shook her head. "We didn't. But..."

She glanced around, a little desperately, "Will people think we did?"

"We will have," she agreed, heart sinking. She climbed to her feet, then stood there, obviously torn.

"We should tell someone we fell asleep and just missed curfew. It *is* the truth."

On Apr 7, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt glanced around, fighting the urge to cover himself up even though he was actually still wearing clothes. "No-one's here," he reported, "but--" he swallowed "we'll have missed Barracks lights out time, won't we?"

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"No no no," she swiftly shook her head. "We didn't. But..."

She glanced around, a little desperately, "Will people think we did?"

"Or.. they might not have missed us?" Garatt said hopefully. He looked down at himself, still sitting on the floor, and tried in vain to smooth out his shirt and look a little less rumpled. It did nothing at all to make him look less like someone who had been doing something distinctly disreputable.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:21 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"We will have," she agreed, heart sinking. She climbed to her feet, then stood there, obviously torn.

"We should tell someone we fell asleep and just missed curfew. It *is* the truth."
On Apr 7, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt glanced around, fighting the urge to cover himself up even though he was actually still wearing clothes. "No-one's here," he reported, "but--" he swallowed "we'll have missed Barracks lights out time, won't we?"

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"No no no," she swiftly shook her head. "We didn't. But..."

She glanced around, a little desperately, "Will people think we did?"

Yiyu's glance assessed her own appearance and found it lacking. Even so, she offered him a hand up, heart pounding. What if they kicked her out? Sent her home? Could they? Would they?

On Apr 7, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

"Your hair is kinda--" Awkwardly Garatt reached to try to straighten it a little, oblivious to the fact that his own was sticking out at all angles.

OOC: Jeeeeess, do we want the Weyrwoman to stumble across our babies looking mussed and suspicious?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:35 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu's glance assessed her own appearance and found it lacking. Even so, she offered him a hand up, heart pounding. What if they kicked her out? Sent her home? Could they? Would they?

Yiyu returned the favor at first, then awkwardly dropped her hands. She linked them in front of her in her familiar nervous gesture.

"Maybe..."

OOC: Definitely!

On Apr 7, 2020, at 4:43 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"Your hair is kinda--" Awkwardly Garatt reached to try to straighten it a little, oblivious to the fact that his own was sticking out at all angles.

OOC: Jeeeeess, do we want the Weyrwoman to stumble across our babies looking mussed and suspicious?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:35 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu's glance assessed her own appearance and found it lacking. Even so, she offered him a hand up, heart pounding. What if they kicked her out? Sent her home? Could they? Would they?

sailyn2

It had taken a long time to get things sorted, but finally Kassia could go to sleep. She hadn't even finished the paperwork that she was supposed to be dealing with. It'd have to wait until the morning. As would dealing with Sarati and Shalia. She didn't want to deal with that headache just yet. With Brogan at her side, she yawned as she walked down the hall and came around a corner.

~ Many two-legs there~ Brogan sent, his better eyesight spotting the people farther down the dimly lit halls. Kassia tensed and put her hand on the Silk Dagger. Whers, of course, couldn't count. So 'many' could be 'two' or 'ten', though probably no more than three in this instance.

"Who is there?"

Laura Walker

Garatt's eyes went very wide. It definitely wasn't cool to reach to grab Yiyu's hand but it was possible afterwards that he had done so to reassure her. Which was clearly the case. Trying to protect her and stuff. "Uhm--" It came out as a squeak and he stared at Yiyu hoping she might have a good answer.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:57 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

It had taken a long time to get things sorted, but finally Kassia could go to sleep. She hadn't even finished the paperwork that she was supposed to be dealing with. It'd have to wait until the morning. As would dealing with Sarati and Shalia. She didn't want to deal with that headache just yet. With Brogan at her side, she yawned as she walked down the hall and came around a corner.

~ Many two-legs there~ Brogan sent, his better eyesight spotting the people farther down the dimly lit halls. Kassia tensed and put her hand on the Silk Dagger. Whers, of course, couldn't count. So 'many' could be 'two' or 'ten', though probably no more than three in this instance.

"Who is there?"

Yiyu hung on to his hand as the Weyrwoman's voice came to to them. She swallowed once, hard, then said into the darkness, "It's Yiyu and Garatt, Lady- Weyrwoman."

On Apr 7, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

This...meant nothing to a woman who had a Weyrful of people to take care of other than they both looked relatively young. Brogan pushed forward just the same, suspicious of people hiding in the dark.

"What the feck are you doing there on the floor?" Kassia was just not in the mood. She stepped closer and noticed the Candidate knots. "And *not* in your beds wherever they're supposed to be?" Feck, she wanted to be in *her* bed.

Laura Walker

"We were reading?" Garatt was blushing in the dark, conscious of just how poor an excuse this sounded. "And we fe-- oh!" That was a squeak of alarm as he noticed the wher. He backed up, pulling Yiyu with him, fairly sure he'd had nightmares that went this way.