Topics

Stolen Words (ATTN: Erena/Kashara/Candidates)

sailyn2

Kashara was nearby.

"Looking for something?" she asked.

Jessica Freise

Uneasily, Erena regarded her closely. It might be a genuine question. Then again, it might be malicious.
 Torn, she gave a curt nod.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:28 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara was nearby.

"Looking for something?" she asked.

sailyn2

"What's wrong?" Kashara asked. She looked around. Everything seemed to be okay.

OOC: You're a member of the discord right? Not familiar with everyone and want to make sure we're not missing everyone.

Jessica Freise

"Someone took something of mine," she answered finally, recognizing belatedly that her mistrust was, for the moment, misplaced. "Papers that belonged to me."

OOC: Yes, this is LorienDarenya on wizzy/discord.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:33 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"What's wrong?" Kashara asked. She looked around. Everything seemed to be okay.

OOC: You're a member of the discord right? Not familiar with everyone and want to make sure we're not missing everyone.

sailyn2

"I'm sorry to hear that." Kashara frowned. "I can help you look for them, if you want."

Jessica Freise

Still warey as the cat she owned, Erena nodded and straightened, stepping aside. "You won't find them. I'm convinced someone took them."

Her heart beat fast as she thought of some of her most recent dreams-put-to-paper. She felt a blush creep up to color her cheeks.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:43 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"I'm sorry to hear that." Kashara frowned. "I can help you look for them, if you want."

sailyn2

"Okay, maybe," Kashara said soothingly and hiding her own doubts, "but let's just look around first, okay? If they are gone, we can talk to my uncle, ACM T'rifoshe and he can help us. Okay?"

Jessica Freise

"I'm sorry, it's just, they're very important...to me," she finised lamely even as she looked around. "Moments like this I wish I had a firelizard. They could look places for us that we'd never fit."

On Apr 5, 2020, at 1:53 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Okay, maybe," Kashara said soothingly and hiding her own doubts, "but let's just look around first, okay? If they are gone, we can talk to my uncle, ACM T'rifoshe and he can help us. Okay?"

sailyn2

Kashara joined her in the search, looking high and low.

"Don't worry, if they're here we'll find them. If not, we can get someone with a flit who can help us. I highly doubt anyone's stolen them. People aren't that like around here. Have you been here long?" There were so many Candidates that Kashara didn't bother keeping up with all of them.

Jessica Freise

"A while," Erena muttered, examining another Candidate's cot. "I *know* I didn't misplace tem."

She looked up at her search partner. "And *everyone* can be like *that*." In my experience, it's better not to trust anyone.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 3:32 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara joined her in the search, looking high and low.

"Don't worry, if they're here we'll find them. If not, we can get someone with a flit who can help us. I highly doubt anyone's stolen them. People aren't that like around here. Have you been here long?" There were so many Candidates that Kashara didn't bother keeping up with all of them.

sailyn2

Kashara resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"You're going to have a hard time in life if you believe that," she said. "It's not like we live in Fort. Or what my mom says Fort was like. Anyway, if you're that worried, lets go talk to my uncle and have him help. What would anyone care about your papers for anyway?"

Jessica Freise

She *felt* herself bristle. Knew she looked just a little murderous, but thankfully she had her back to the other Candidate and gave herself a few moments to compose her expression before she turned around.

"I don't know why. It was some scribbling down of day dreams," she admitted grudgingly. "Lead the way."

On Apr 5, 2020, at 3:43 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"You're going to have a hard time in life if you believe that," she said. "It's not like we live in Fort. Or what my mom says Fort was like. Anyway, if you're that worried, lets go talk to my uncle and have him help. What would anyone care about your papers for anyway?"

sailyn2

Kashara led the way to T'rif's office door and knocked.

"Come in," he called.

Kashara gestured. "Go ahead, you can tell him."

Jessica Freise

She swallowed hard and tried not to cringe. She was not weak, damn it.

"I'm missing some papers. Writings of mine that I kept under my cot."

On Apr 10, 2020, at 1:17 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kashara led the way to T'rif's office door and knocked.

"Come in," he called.

Kashara gestured. "Go ahead, you can tell him."

sailyn2

T'rif nodded. "Okay, when did you last see them?"

Jessica Freise

"Yesterday morning," she relaxed a little and tried to keep her tone respectful in spite of inward panic. "I swear I put them there, and they're really of no importance to anyone but me."

On Apr 10, 2020, at 1:26 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

T'rif nodded. "Okay, when did you last see them?"

sailyn2

"Then most likely they're around," T'rif said soothingly. "Let me borrow a flit and we'll see if we can track them down."

Jessica Freise

Erena looked skeptical. Flits were flighty, useless things in her opinion, but of course she swallowed that opinion and nodded, giving the expected, "Thank you, sir."

On Apr 10, 2020, at 1:31 PM, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"Then most likely they're around," T'rif said soothingly. "Let me borrow a flit and we'll see if we can track them down."

sailyn2

Actually, T'rif would have agreed to her, but he new a few who did had a talent of finding things hidden in small places. After a quick stop he had the help of a flit to work with them. "All right, let's get to looking again. Erena, right?"

Jessica Freise

Unaccountably, she flushed. "Yes, sir," she answered promptly. She glanced over at her search partner who still trailed them for a moment then turned back, awaiting directions not so patiently.