Topics

I'm Not Pregant Party atten: Sarati/any

sailyn2

One of the goals of the wife of the heir to Arolos Hold, even as a rider, was that she was supposed to be getting pregnant. Unfortunately for said Hold, she had a different idea. Sure, maybe she'd want to have children one day, but she'd watched her mother birth out child after child and want nothing to do with them enough to not want to rush to the endeavor. So when a scare turned out to be that she wasn't pregnant she was elated and wanted to celebrate. One evening when Paly was tied up, she told him that she was going to stay at the Weyr for the evening with her mother, but really had plans for quite the party.

Sarati kept a small weyr at the Weyr for when she stayed there and had a stash of her own funds from both being the daughter of the Weyrwoman and Lord Heir's wife. She also kept her more risque dresses there. She pulled on a tight blue dress with a deep neckline and a slit up the side. She wore a necklace that drew attention to her neckline as well. Palysso would lose his mind if he saw, but she needed to be the rider and not the wife some days.

Heading to the Dining Hall, she took her marks and easily found the person in charge for the night. The marks and her station opened the cubboards to the best alcohol they had.

"Rounds on the house for everyone," she announced.

Yvonne

Nadia sat in the corner of the Dining  Hall, absently twisting a lock of her long Auburn hair. She loved to come in and just people watch when she had the free time. She was dressed in a pair of breeches and a top that  complimented her eyes and figure.

The small golden-eyed rider watched Sarati, a curious expression on her face. What was about to happen was a great deal more interesting then the cup in front of her on the table.

When she heard the call for drinks, she broke into a grin.

Jenna Cunningham

"Fuck yes," Sahari said to herself, sitting alone at one of the tables, already nursing her second cup of wine. "Finally."

Ren

The instant those cabinets opened, Luicion's head snapped around eagerly. Sarati's words were music to his ears and the young man cheered as he grabbed his first round.

"Cheers to ya, Sarati! Health to yer dragon an' Threadless skies to ya!" With that, he knocked back his drink with a grin.

Rennitz had been delighted to see her old friend when Sarati had walked in looking like a firework. She was still so happy for Sarati at having Impressed even while she still Stood waiting. Green eyes tracked the young woman curiously as she had the alcohol opened to everyone, eyebrows raising in surprise at Sarati's generosity. Everyone? Rennitz watched Luicion predictably take Sarati up on the offer and down a glass of booze and shook her head. That boy... As for herself, Rennitz opted for a glass of white wine and sat back to watch.

Meanwhile, Sonnellion looked at Luicion more with distaste and a bit of shock. That boy! He was a candidate, why didn't he act like one? Ah for shame. Sonnellion opted to keep to his juice, not wanting to risk his place in the Weyr, thank you.

Kevin M

Shalia had just entered the Dining Hall when she heard the familiar voice making an offer.  Her initial smile turned into a highly approving grin as she saw how her near-sister was dressed, and she rushed over.  She'd reverted to her old wardrobe - having twins played havoc with the figure, especially on a frame as small as hers - and was wearing a loose shirt, though her legs were on good display below the high hemline of her skirt.  "Hey Sar!  What's the occasion?" she asked, throwing her arms around the other woman.
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

My main characters: Shalia (Candidate) | Sh'ain (Bluerider, ACM) | Larissa (Headwoman) | Mathern (Smithcrafter, HAW) | J'lar (Direflame brownrider, Infirmary Assistant) |  D'gad (Wind-dance Fury bronzerider) | Bl'in (Greenrider) |

sailyn2

Sarati hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm not pregnant!" she said joyously and lifted her glass of rich wine as she pulled back. She glanced over and spotted Rennitz. "Rennitz. Get over here and join us. Have some wine! Wine all around."

OOC: Meant to mention to everyone that this is unusually high proof alcohol, use at your own risk. *G*

Ren

Unable to stop herself from laughing at Sarati's happiness, Rennitz went over and lifted her glass with a grin. "Congratulations, then, since you're happy about it!" She took a drink of her white with her smile still in place. "Unusual for a future Lady Holder to be thrilled about not being pregnant, but you've always been your own self."

Kevin M

"Well, congratulations, then!"  Shalia laughed and grabbed a glass, and took a swig.  "Whoo, this is the good stuff, huh?"
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

My main characters: Shalia (Candidate) | Sh'ain (Bluerider, ACM) | Larissa (Headwoman) | Mathern (Smithcrafter, HAW) | J'lar (Direflame brownrider, Infirmary Assistant) |  D'gad (Wind-dance Fury bronzerider) | Bl'in (Greenrider) |

TrueTricia

Kika was sitting off to the side, studying in the Dining Hall while finishing her evening meal.  It had been a long day, and the female Candidate had learned in her short time here at Arolos, that while she might be good with animals, there was much more to Weyrlife than that.  She felt overwhelmed, and her shyness didn't help with any of that.

She looked up when the commotion started by a girl who didn't look terribly older than herself came in and started buying drinks.  Some guy pushed one in her hand and she sipped it, making a face.  It was much stiffer than she was used to, and she knew a drink like this usually came with trouble.  But she was not her father, she reminded herself, before taking another sip.

"Thank you, m'lady." she said to the young woman courteously, oblivious to who she was, but hearing the 'Lady Holder' part.  "And congratulations..."

sailyn2

Sarati looked at her friends and at the new people gathered around. "Don't tell my husband that I'm so excited," she said, though she was still grinning. She hadn't been as open with him how much she didn't want to have children. At least not yet. She turned to Kika. "You're welcome. Drink up. No m'lady's here. I'm just a dragonrider here. What's your name? You a beastcrafter of some sort? Nice to meet you."

TrueTricia

Kika looked around at the others that had started gathering.  She knew of Shalia and Rennitz, even if she didn't know them personally, from the Candidate Barracks.  She gave a small shy smile at the both of them.  Both were so much more experienced in the Weyr than she was and more outgoing.  And this new woman was a dragonrider and a Lady Holder?  Kika was confused by this, but then, she knew Arolos was different than what she expected based on her experience up North.

"I'm Candidate Kika, m'...." she stopped herself.  "I'm new here, recently Searched from Keroon and the Beastcrafter Hall there."

Yvonne

Sarati's words amused Nadia to no end. The golden-eyed rider smiled before  breaking into a laugh. Gracefully she got up and moved to retrieve a glass of wine.

She recalled when she stepped into the weyr for the first time and how in awe she had been of the place and the people.

Picking up her glass, she looked around the room before she retook her seat.

sailyn2

"Well, good to  have you. Careful drinking as a Candidate," she warned. "They kick out Candidates for that." She was at least smart enough not to corrupt Candidates. "Do you like it here?"

sailyn2

Sarati spotted the other rider.

"Hey, come join us. The more the merrier!" The wine might have already been going to Sarati's head. Or maybe just the happiness of freedom. Or maybe she was just enjoying the wild side of being Kassia's daughter.

Jerzy Tobin

He was going to kick himself for this later, but free alcohol was free
alcohol. And it was the good stuff, at that. One glass wasn't going
to hurt him too much, right?

"Well, thanks for being so generous," T'ryn said, throwing a wink at
Sarati. Harmless bit of flirting, nothing more.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

sailyn2

Sarati grinned, recognizing the man instantly. Her mother talked about him often enough. And not in a pleasant light. He seemed nice enough though. "Drink up!" She tipped her glass towards him.

Jerzy Tobin

Sarati grinned, recognizing the man instantly. Her mother talked about him often enough. And not in a pleasant light. He seemed nice enough though. "Drink up!" She tipped her glass towards him.
T'ryn tipped his glass towards her in return, smile brightening.
"Just the one, though. My walking's wobbly enough as it is."

Partially a joke, though there was enough truth to it. Which was why
he didn't drink much to begin with.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

sailyn2

Sarati nodded. "As you like. How about food." She turned to one of the servers. "Food, too, please. Meats and cheeses. Ooo, and cakes."

TrueTricia

Kika had forgotten that rule, and the moment the woman said something, she blushed darkly, thrusting the drink away on the table.  "I'd forgotten.... I'm not a big drinker anyways. My da was, and he wasn't any better for it."  She shrugged, wondering why the woman was paying any attention to her at all.  She fiddled with bracelet made of runner's tail on her wrist, her klah colored skin showing more golden tones than normal in the Southern heat.  Her blue eyes looked around before answering.  "The Weyr is nice ma'am.  It's not quite what I expected."  What had she expected?  Based on her brother's descriptions, a wild party and an orgy?  She wasn't sure.  "But I'm sure I'll settle in with time," she added quickly, not wishing to cause offense.

As a young bronzerider joined them, Kika blushed even deeper.  This wasn't at all like the Beastcrafter's Hold at Keroon, and her timidness made her want to slowly fade out.

sailyn2

"It's not what most holders and crafters expect from what I've heard over the turns," Sarati said. "You'll get used to it." She looked down at the bracelet. "You worked with runners, I take it? I used to be a jockey. I still would be, if they'd let me be."