Topics

Am I A Joke To You?! Att: R'tal

Jerzy Tobin

The Fall had been exhausting, like every other Fall. Unlike every
other Fall he'd flown so far, ferrying firestone stacks to the Wings
above, this one had had Lanceth pulling off a fantastic twisting dive,
catching a clump that had slipped through before it could fall into
the path of another Weyrling! L'eo could still feel the strain from
it in his own legs and back, and he was definitely going to give his
blue some pampering after everything was settled and taken care of.
The pair landed heavily in the Weyr Bowl with the rest of the Weyrling
Wing, waiting with those who hadn't sustained any injuries for any
further instructions before being dismissed.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

R'tal wasn't Weyrleader any more, not even WeyrSecond, and he was heartily grateful for that fact. Not having to have his eyes on the entirety of the Weyr when it rose to fight Fall made his life a lot easier.

Still, when someone executed something impressive right in front of him it was difficult not to notice. He wasn't blind after all, and it would be petty to deny a compliment to a youngster just because it didn't have the weight of rank behind it.

"Hey, hey you," he called, jogging up to the kid who was still masked in his Fall gear. "That was some move you managed there."

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:10 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
[...]

L'eo turned at the call, and seeing just who it was speaking to him,
stood up just a little bit straighter. Hearing the comment, that
nugget of praise coming from his father, well, that had L'eo beaming
under his gear. He pulled it off quickly, so that R'tal could see his
face, and know that it was his own son and his dragon who had done
what they had.

"Thank you, Sir! Lanceth and I just happened to be in the right place
at the right time."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Good man!" There was no sign of recognition from R'tal, though he clapped L'eo on the shoulder approvingly. "That would have been a tough move for an experienced pair, and the pair of you pulled it off brilliantly. Feeling okay? No pulled muscles?"

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 5:57 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> R'tal wasn't Weyrleader any more, not even WeyrSecond, and he was heartily grateful for that fact. Not having to have his eyes on the entirety of the Weyr when it rose to fight Fall made his life a lot easier.
>
> Still, when someone executed something impressive right in front of him it was difficult not to notice. He wasn't blind after all, and it would be petty to deny a compliment to a youngster just because it didn't have the weight of rank behind it.
>
> "Hey, hey you," he called, jogging up to the kid who was still masked in his Fall gear. "That was some move you managed there."

L'eo turned at the call, and seeing just who it was speaking to him,
stood up just a little bit straighter.  Hearing the comment, that
nugget of praise coming from his father, well, that had L'eo beaming
under his gear.  He pulled it off quickly, so that R'tal could see his
face, and know that it was his own son and his dragon who had done
what they had.

"Thank you, Sir!  Lanceth and I just happened to be in the right place
at the right time."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

"Good man!" There was no sign of recognition from R'tal, though he clapped L'eo on the shoulder approvingly. "That would have been a tough move for an experienced pair, and the pair of you pulled it off brilliantly. Feeling okay? No pulled muscles?"

L'eo beamed under the approval, though he was still waiting expectantly for R'tal to remember him.  He was his son after all!  But it *had* been a tiring Fall, and even L'eo could forgive his father for taking a bit longer than he'd like to remember just who he was.  After all, R'tal had to keep track of so many people and dragons during the Fall; if L'eo was exhausted, it had to be a thousands times so for his dad.

"We're feeling sore, but Lanceth doesn't think he pulled anything.  We'll have the Healers check him over after all the people and dragons who *really* need them get seen to first."

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted, and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Get yourselves checked over and then I'll stand you a drink in the Riders' Hall," R'tal suggested. "Stunt like that deserves a glass of wine or two."

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:11 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:

[...]

Vague disappointment flittered across L'eo's face, but quickly
vanished. R'tal was tired, that was all. Shards, they all were.
Surely he'd remember once they were rested, and having that drink.

"Thank you, Sir. We'll do that, and look forward to that glass."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146