Topics

Rise and Shine (ATTN Diagir, Larenne)

Ren

Sitting lakeside with his trio, Diagir saw someone coming from the Wherhold and looked to see who it was. With aid from Ziya, he identified blue Larensk walking ahead of the human, so that meant it was Larenne. Vainglory heard there was a blue and arched her head out of the water to curiously eye the other and whistled at what she saw. He was huge! Diagirsk snorted in derision- the blue was big, sure, but the brown was much, much bigger. Ziya cast a disapproving glance over both of them and rustled her wings before turning her attention back to the approaching pair. Diagir himself stood and called out to the pair.

"Hello! Senior Apprentice Larenne, isn't it? Out with your Larensk?" He greeted them in a cheerful tone, pleased to see one of his apprentices out and about.

Jessica Freise

Larenne returned his cheerful greeting with one of her own, hand raised to rest on Larensk neck, stilling him gin hte midst of his ground-eating trot. She never got enough of the trio she now studied closer than she ever had before.

"It is indeed," she answered. "We seem to be the only ones out so early today." Curiously, she watched Larensk sidal towards the green wher.

On Apr 3, 2020, at 10:20 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Sitting lakeside with his trio, Diagir saw someone coming from the Wherhold and looked to see who it was. With aid from Ziya, he identified blue Larensk walking ahead of the human, so that meant it was Larenne. Vainglory heard there was a blue and arched her head out of the water to curiously eye the other and whistled at what she saw. He was huge! Diagirsk snorted in derision- the blue was big, sure, but the brown was much, much bigger. Ziya cast a disapproving glance over both of them and rustled her wings before turning her attention back to the approaching pair. Diagir himself stood and called out to the pair.

"Hello! Senior Apprentice Larenne, isn't it? Out with your Larensk?" He greeted them in a cheerful tone, pleased to see one of his apprentices out and about.

Ren

Ziya kept a firm eye on both the blue and her daughter, suspicious of each's intent but also a bit jealous the attention didn't immediately go to her. Diagirsk stayed alert mostly because it was his job, even if this was one of theirs. The fool that was Vainglory just wanted to receive the attention Larensk was offering.

Diagir chuckled. "Not going to get much there, Larensk. She's spayed." He turned his attention to Larenne. "Aye, but give it time. Some still like to go out in daylight with their goggles, but for me it's just easier to bring my three out at night. It gets a bit overwhelming for them to be around full Weyr traffic during the day. Sounds everywhere and people all wanting to see whers, especially Ziya." Not that he could blame them. "How's your studies going?"

Jessica Freise

Her smile widened. "Great. I think I'd marry the craft if I could. It's certainly more rewarding than any relationship I've ever entertained."

Pausing, she thought of her sister. She who was lost to her for turns and then of Larensk. Snapping her fingers, seh called the wher back to her.

"I imagine I'll think differently if I find my sister."

On Apr 3, 2020, at 10:40 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Ziya kept a firm eye on both the blue and her daughter, suspicious of each's intent but also a bit jealous the attention didn't immediately go to her. Diagirsk stayed alert mostly because it was his job, even if this was one of theirs. The fool that was Vainglory just wanted to receive the attention Larensk was offering.

Diagir chuckled. "Not going to get much there, Larensk. She's spayed." He turned his attention to Larenne. "Aye, but give it time. Some still like to go out in daylight with their goggles, but for me it's just easier to bring my three out at night. It gets a bit overwhelming for them to be around full Weyr traffic during the day. Sounds everywhere and people all wanting to see whers, especially Ziya." Not that he could blame them. "How's your studies going?"

Ren

"Aye, I recall you saying something about that when you signed on with us," Diagir affirmed with a nod. "Though I'm very pleased to hear you think so highly of the craft. Your training with Larensk is certainly coming along very well. He listened to you spectacularly just now."

Ziya was quite pleased as well to see the blue obey his human. Whers who listened always were "good 'uns" in her book, so this Larensk was a good one.

Jessica Freise

"Is it wrong that he listens only to me? If you were to order, or even ask, he would not be so accomodating."

On Apr 3, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Aye, I recall you saying something about that when you signed on with us," Diagir affirmed with a nod. "Though I'm very pleased to hear you think so highly of the craft. Your training with Larensk is certainly coming along very well. He listened to you spectacularly just now."

Ziya was quite pleased as well to see the blue obey his human. Whers who listened always were "good 'uns" in her book, so this Larensk was a good one.

Ren

"It could be a problem, aye," Diagir agreed, "But he would have to listen to a queen just based on nature, so you could rest assured that, should he decide to not listen to you, he would be compelled to listen to an order from Ziya, Citruse, Rain, Wildfire, or Gleam. If you don't recognize some of those names, they're all of the gold whers currently at Arolos, though they're not all in the craft." He gave Larensk a pensive look. "Though, honestly he does seem to be quite well behaved. Keep yourself known as the queen in his eyes and I don't see a problem."

Ziya snorted in agreement. She knew that she certainly would not hesitate to put the blue in his place should he get out of hand.

Jessica Freise

Relief flashed in her eyes, replaced by warmth for the older wherhandler. She glanced at Ziya and smiled.

"She is quite beautiful," she complemented, scritching Larensk head so he didn't feel left out.

On Apr 3, 2020, at 12:10 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"It could be a problem, aye," Diagir agreed, "But he would have to listen to a queen just based on nature, so you could rest assured that, should he decide to not listen to you, he would be compelled to listen to an order from Ziya, Citruse, Rain, Wildfire, or Gleam. If you don't recognize some of those names, they're all of the gold whers currently at Arolos, though they're not all in the craft." He gave Larensk a pensive look. "Though, honestly he does seem to be quite well behaved. Keep yourself known as the queen in his eyes and I don't see a problem."

Ziya snorted in agreement. She knew that she certainly would not hesitate to put the blue in his place should he get out of hand.

Ren

"Thank you." Diagir meant it, both in regards to the compliment to Ziya and in how she accepted his words. "Whers are delightful and challenging but any color can be trained properly with time and patience. You're fortunate in that Larensk is a blue. Blues are very steadfast fellows and highly inclined to take direction from their handlers. You are his world, but considering his name you know that. Diagirsk is the same with me."

Jessica Freise

"What is it like," she asked curiously, "to have three, one of them a Queen?"

On Apr 3, 2020, at 10:32 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Thank you." Diagir meant it, both in regards to the compliment to Ziya and in how she accepted his words. "Whers are delightful and challenging but any color can be trained properly with time and patience. You're fortunate in that Larensk is a blue. Blues are very steadfast fellows and highly inclined to take direction from their handlers. You are his world, but considering his name you know that. Diagirsk is the same with me."

Ren

"Very difficult," Diagir answered honestly. "As you know, whers require a massive amount of your will to keep in line. Take that and multiply it by three but add another since one wher is a queen. Granted, I could just pour all of my effort and strength into keeping Ziya in line. As with dragons and firelizards, if you control the queen, you control them all. If I were to let my grip on Ziya falter, then it could mean all three whers could run amok in the hall or Weyr."

Jessica Freise

She listened intently, nodding at all the right places. She liked him, respected him, and thought for certain sure she'd learn a lot from him. Beside her, Larensk grew restless as dawn began to streak the sky with beauty.

"If I may ask," she inquired as she slid his goggles over his eyes and patted the blue, "how did you come by all of them?"

On Apr 4, 2020, at 9:17 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Very difficult," Diagir answered honestly. "As you know, whers require a massive amount of your will to keep in line. Take that and multiply it by three but add another since one wher is a queen. Granted, I could just pour all of my effort and strength into keeping Ziya in line. As with dragons and firelizards, if you control the queen, you control them all. If I were to let my grip on Ziya falter, then it could mean all three whers could run amok in the hall or Weyr."

Ren

Echoing Larenne's actions with Ziya, Diagir was only too happy to oblige her with an answer. "My father gave me Diagirsk's egg when I finally showed enough aptitude in the craft and was allowed to talk the tables to Journeyman. Ziya, I was graciously given as a reward by Master Athesta for my contribution in founding the Whercraft. Vainglory is Ziya's daughter from her first run."

Jessica Freise

"What is a run like?" she asked curiously. She had no flit or dragon to give her even a whisper of knowledge, and Larensk had so far had no reason to participate in a green's run, seeing as they were often spayed.

On Apr 4, 2020, at 1:03 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Echoing Larenne's actions with Ziya, Diagir was only too happy to oblige her with an answer. "My father gave me Diagirsk's egg when I finally showed enough aptitude in the craft and was allowed to talk the tables to Journeyman. Ziya, I was graciously given as a reward by Master Athesta for my contribution in founding the Whercraft. Vainglory is Ziya's daughter from her first run."

Ren

"It depends on which side you're on. Since you have a blue, of course you'd be a chaser. Chasing fills you with incredible power and makes you feel invincible. You feel like a strong hunter, though it's not as powerful and all-consuming as a dragonflight. It's still stronger than a firelizard flight, which just gets one hot and bothered at times." Diagir tried to keep his words civil and appropriate while still telling the truth. "As the female, it's entirely different. I only know from a gold's perspective, but then it's like you rule the world, you can run forever and ever and no one can stop you. It's... incredible, actually."

Jessica Freise

"Your brown has never chased?" she asked, turning a little to receive the warmth of the rising sun, but still making eye contact with him.

On Apr 4, 2020, at 8:54 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"It depends on which side you're on. Since you have a blue, of course you'd be a chaser. Chasing fills you with incredible power and makes you feel invincible. You feel like a strong hunter, though it's not as powerful and all-consuming as a dragonflight. It's still stronger than a firelizard flight, which just gets one hot and bothered at times." Diagir tried to keep his words civil and appropriate while still telling the truth. "As the female, it's entirely different. I only know from a gold's perspective, but then it's like you rule the world, you can run forever and ever and no one can stop you. It's... incredible, actually."

Ren

Diagir had to laugh and shake his head. "No, no he's chased plenty! There's whers both down here and up north begat by this fellow. I just meant I don't know how a green run feels, just a gold. I'm very familiar with how it feels to be the chaser."

Jessica Freise

Larenne nodded, studying the man and his trio. She gave him a real smile that reached up to her eyes.

"Perhaps you'd like to speak more over breakfast?" she dared to offer.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 2:04 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Diagir had to laugh and shake his head. "No, no he's chased plenty! There's whers both down here and up north begat by this fellow. I just meant I don't know how a green run feels, just a gold. I'm very familiar with how it feels to be the chaser."

Ren

"That sounds great, actually!" Diagir eagerly accepted her offer. "Breakfast would do anyone good. Is Larensk alright to go into the Weyr dining hall, or should we go back to the hold?"

Ziya whistled at Larensk curiously. {'Rensk good? 'Rensk eat in dragon home or wher home?}

Jessica Freise

"He'll be steady enough for me to eat in the dining hall here," she said firmly. "Won't you, my blue friend?"

The wher bobbed his head and sent silent reassurence to his partner. she smiled fondly down at him, then focused on the gold Ziya.

"Will all three of these pretties be coming, too?"