Topics

Tail-Bone of a Person ( Kyrel/Aruithil )

Kyrel's annoyed expression hadn't lessened any by the time they exited the conversation, though in the few moments spent walking alongside Aru, his face had lost some of its heat.

"You don't say?" He asked, unsurprised given her reaction to the rider. "Shells, how does Cremsden stand the man? He talks like a splinter feels." Kyrel's upper lip curled as if he had smelled something rotten, though it was only brief. The next words came out a disgruntled sigh, "I really do need lessons if I'm expected to put up with /that/ shit on the regular."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 1:32 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Indeed. And to you, who clearly uses only the language expected of the finest Harpers," Cremsden agreed gravely. "Clearly I had to send them away before your ears caught fire from such horrors."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:28 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Aru glanced over from Kyrel to Z'go and finally looked to Cremsden and nodded, "If you need anything just let me know."  As if an apprentice could do much.  She stepped away and beckoned Kyrel to follow her to the classroom in question.  Once they were out of earshot, the young woman let out a heavy sigh, "I hate that guy."

Z'go remained with his arms crossed, waiting for the apprentices to leave, doing his best to ignore the pain emanating from his backside.  When they were finally gone he turned to Cremsden, "The mouths on those two."

- Aruithil and Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

"Z'go is a special case," Aruithil replied, entering the classroom with the candidate.  "I don't care if he is rude; there are a lot of rude people, especially when they are suffering.  Z'go, though..." she paused, making sure there was no one around them before continuing,  "He kidnapped a child once.  Luckily everything was okay in the end.  The boy ended up impressing and everything but... still.  I hate people like that."

A golden firelizard appeared from between and settled on the young woman's shoulder and nuzzled her, trying to comfort Aruithil's heightened feelings.

- Aruithil and Myri

"He WHAT?" Kyrel sputtered in startled surprise, honey-colored eyes wide and accompanied by a jaw-drop. This news was clearly fresh to the boy and just further evidence that his first impression of Z'go was the right one. "Who the feck does that? And to a kid?! Faranth be praised, how is he still walking around free?" By his vehemence, Kyrel's protective sensibilities were thoroughly offended.

He couldn't stand still anymore, frustration driving him to begin pacing across the small classroom, clearly antsy. The arrival of Aru's queen gave him pause, a hesitant look cast at the gold, before he resumed stalking around. He wasn't entirely comfortable around the flying lizards after the injury that had introduced him to Aru. "Sharding prick, I hope whatever he's got is as embarrassing as it is painful," Kyrel muttered. "Think Cremsden will be okay without us?"

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020, 12:40 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"Z'go is a special case," Aruithil replied, entering the classroom with the candidate.  "I don't care if he is rude; there are a lot of rude people, especially when they are suffering.  Z'go, though..." she paused, making sure there was no one around them before continuing,  "He kidnapped a child once.  Luckily everything was okay in the end.  The boy ended up impressing and everything but... still.  I hate people like that."

A golden firelizard appeared from between and settled on the young woman's shoulder and nuzzled her, trying to comfort Aruithil's heightened feelings.

- Aruithil and Myri

Rogue Kakashi

"Oh, he got his due!" Aruithil continued, very much pleased that Kyrel shared her opinion.  She too could not believe that he was walking around freely but it had been three turns and if anything were to be done in that regard it would have.  "He was confined to his weyr for months, and on daily latrine duty for twice as long, and not allowed to miss a single Drill not Fall.  If he wasn't a dragonrider, I'd say exile him to some island, but it isn't his dragon's fault his rider is a total wherry brained mud eater!"

As she spoke she opened one of the drawers and pulled out a case.  She picked one of the many glass vials holding samples of different plants.  After glancing threw them for a few seconds she pulled one out, "Do you know this one?"

- Aruithil

- Aruithil

"Sounds like he got off pretty lucky," Kyrel admitted once Aru revealed her desire to abandon Z'go on a deserted island were it not for his innocent dragon. "I don't get it, I thought riders were supposed to be heroes. What would be worth kidnapping some kid?" Shaking his head while he spoke, the question could have seemes rhetorical, though he was probing gently for an answer.

Honey-colored eyes followed Aru and her shoulder-dragon, lingering on her a moment longer than necessary. "Hm?" He a blinked, realizing she had asked a question and finally glanced toward the jar. Unable to make it out from afar, he crossed the room to stand by her side - but remained an arm's-length away, well out of the nonthreatening gold's reach.

"Oh, is that.. seaweed?" It was clearly a guess, the smirk developing on his lips evidence of that.