Topics

Tail-Bone of a Person ( Cremsden / Z'go )

Rogue Kakashi

"I was harper trained, I'll have you know, and speak like a fecking bitran poet," retorted the brownrider, a tad bit more relaxed now that he was alone with Cremsden.  They had had their problems in the past; even gotten into a fist fight, but the man was one of the few with thick enough skin to deal with Z'go for more than a few moments at a time.

Z'go began to shift uncomfortably from one foot to another.  He knew what was coming next.  "So... is there a private room we can go to... or something?"

- Z'go

Laura Walker

"Yeah, yeah, come on then." And even for Z'go Cremsden gentled his tone a little when he was speaking to him as a patient, switching to the same soothing note he might have used on a scared or injured animal. "You all right walking or you need a hand?"

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:44 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"I was harper trained, I'll have you know, and speak like a fecking bitran poet," retorted the brownrider, a tad bit more relaxed now that he was alone with Cremsden.  They had had their problems in the past; even gotten into a fist fight, but the man was one of the few with thick enough skin to deal with Z'go for more than a few moments at a time.

Z'go began to shift uncomfortably from one foot to another.  He knew what was coming next.  "So... is there a private room we can go to... or something?"

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

"I got it, I walked all the way here, right?"  he replied and with a heavy sigh he followed the healer into the private room.  He saw a cot and a couple of chairs and decided to go for the cot.  Big mistake.  Almost as soon as he sat down the pain got much worse and with a growl he shot straight up, standing stiff.  "I..."  he didn't even know what to say or how to begin, just that he could not admit that Elowyn had thrown him like a ragdoll.

- Z'go

Laura Walker

Cremsden had watched the uncomfortable walk and winced in sympathy as Z'go tried to sit down, making his own quick judgement about what Z'go might be in for. "Steady there." And now his tone was almost a sing-song, soothing and calm, not at all the usual rough banter Z'go might usually expect from him. Some things were just habit. "Not a problem, you can stand, or you can lie or your stomach, whichever is more comfortable for talking."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:55 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"I got it, I walked all the way here, right?"  he replied and with a heavy sigh he followed the healer into the private room.  He saw a cot and a couple of chairs and decided to go for the cot.  Big mistake.  Almost as soon as he sat down the pain got much worse and with a growl he shot straight up, standing stiff.  "I..."  he didn't even know what to say or how to begin, just that he could not admit that Elowyn had thrown him like a ragdoll.

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

The choice was obvious, for Z'go at least.  "I'll stand," he replied.

The blonde man watch Cremsden for a moment, completely unaccustomed to be treated this way by the Journeyman but willing to chalk it up to professionalism.  He had to admit that, if Cremsden was going to be professional, then he could relax a little.  "Well, you see, what happened was that... I was drinking and I got into an argument with someone.  Someone huge."  He held  him arm up, giving Cremsden the measurement of someone at least a foot taller than Z'go.  "Anyways long story short, I got body slammed, landed on me a...behind.  Or my lower back.  Since then my tailbone is killing me.  I can't sit down, I can't ride Gamyth..."

- Z'go

Laura Walker

"Ah." Well, not quite what he'd expected but not a completely out-of-the-park occurrence for this particular patient. Cremsden nodded. "How long ago was the fight?" he asked. "Any other injuries resulting?"

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:18 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
The choice was obvious, for Z'go at least.  "I'll stand," he replied.

The blonde man watch Cremsden for a moment, completely unaccustomed to be treated this way by the Journeyman but willing to chalk it up to professionalism.  He had to admit that, if Cremsden was going to be professional, then he could relax a little.  "Well, you see, what happened was that... I was drinking and I got into an argument with someone.  Someone huge."  He held  him arm up, giving Cremsden the measurement of someone at least a foot taller than Z'go.  "Anyways long story short, I got body slammed, landed on me a...behind.  Or my lower back.  Since then my tailbone is killing me.  I can't sit down, I can't ride Gamyth..."

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

"Just happened, right before I got here," he replied and shook his head, "No, none.  Do you think it's broken?  I could use some numbweed I think"

- Z'go

Laura Walker

He'd been drinking, and yet it was also right before he got there and yet he didn't appear drunk? Cremsden made a listening-type noise, acknowledging that statement and his pen moved as though noting something down but he was looking Z'go up and down will a long-practised eye, looking for certain signs.

After a moment he set the paper and pen down and moved, visibly and obviously checking the door was shut - *demonstrating* it was shut, perhaps - before turning back to Z'go.

"Z'go," he started carefully. "You need to know that while you are in this room I am your Healer and nothing you say leaves this room except in the very rare case where it is necessary for your or someone else's safety - in which case it would be passed up to K'ren and *he* would take all the care in the world to ensure it remained private." This was a long-practised speech, and Z'go was not the first and would not be the last to need to hear it. "If it is something embarrassing then you will never hear about it except when I am dealing with it *as* your Healer, and otherwise it will not exist. But.. I cannot help you without knowing truthfully what the injury is."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:29 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"Just happened, right before I got here," he replied and shook his head, "No, none.  Do you think it's broken?  I could use some numbweed I think"

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

Z'go watched at Cremsden secured the door and then listened to his speech about privacy.  The large blonde man wanted to believe it but a lifetime of getting screwed over by those he trusted had made him extremely wary... even in a professional capacity.  His story hadn't been far from the truth anyways... He sighed and decided what the feck.  "Fine.  It wasn't some gigantic guy.  It was a newly arrived harper.  She's like this tall."  He measured her out with his hand.  "We hit it off.  One thing led to another and I thought it was going you know where... but then she went crazy and threw me off of her faster than a wild runner at a Gather."

- Z'go

Laura Walker

Cremsden eyed him a moment and then sighed. "Z'go. If that's-- if you had a bad flight the injury will be in a different place," he said, tone still very steady and matter-of-fact. "And we can deal with either, it's not a problem, but I do need to know so that I'm treating the right thing."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:51 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Z'go watched at Cremsden secured the door and then listened to his speech about privacy.  The large blonde man wanted to believe it but a lifetime of getting screwed over by those he trusted had made him extremely wary... even in a professional capacity.  His story hadn't been far from the truth anyways... He sighed and decided what the feck.  "Fine.  It wasn't some gigantic guy.  It was a newly arrived harper.  She's like this tall."  He measured her out with his hand.  "We hit it off.  One thing led to another and I thought it was going you know where... but then she went crazy and threw me off of her faster than a wild runner at a Gather."

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

Z'go stared at Cremsden, "I just told you what happened. No, I wasn't fecked too hard, I was only fecked over.  I'm not lying!"  He was starting to get annoyed.  First this happens, then those brats, and now he was being told... "Shards, Cremsden!  This was no flight!  Keep those fantasies to yourself."

- Z'go

Laura Walker

Cremsden raised his hands in placation. "Hey, look, you turn up five minutes after a drunken fight and are demonstrably not drunk, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask," he said patiently. "This isn't for the fun of it, this is to make sure you get the right treatment, you understand?"

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:45 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Z'go stared at Cremsden, "I just told you what happened. No, I wasn't fecked too hard, I was only fecked over.  I'm not lying!"  He was starting to get annoyed.  First this happens, then those brats, and now he was being told... "Shards, Cremsden!  This was no flight!  Keep those fantasies to yourself."

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

"I understand, and I'm telling you it wasn't a flight," Z"go insisted.  He let out a frustrated sigh, "It was what I told you, the second thing.  Little harper bitch body slammed me," which admitted sounded just as bad as a bad flight.

Laura Walker

"Okay." And this time Cremsden at least appeared to accept that. "Well. If it was literally just now you've probably jarred it, and you've likely got some bruising." He moved to the cupboards, habit making his movements slow, careful and deliberate despite Z'go's protests. If you had someone in a room with you who had just been hurt you minded yourself not to appear threatening. "Honestly, I could give you an exam to make sure nothing is broken but it is unlikely and would be added discomfort to no real purpose so what we'll do is get you some painkillers, write a note to your wingleader excusing you for a few days and if nothing improves within a few days then we'll look at it further."

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 1:55 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"I understand, and I'm telling you it wasn't a flight," Z"go insisted.  He let out a frustrated sigh, "It was what I told you, the second thing.  Little harper bitch body slammed me," which admitted sounded just as bad as a bad flight.

Rogue Kakashi

Z'go nodded as Cremsden spoke, liking what he was hearing.  Just jarred, just some bruising, not broken, no need to drop his pants.  He was agreeable to everything until Cremsden mentioned his Wingleader, "That all sounds about right... but what are you going to write on that note?  I'm not trying to get in trouble for fighting."

- Z'go

Laura Walker

Cremsden looked startled he had even asked. "It's a generic Healer note," he said with a shrug. "Says you've visited the Infirmary and I advise that you avoid drills and rest up for four days with review after that. I've used it for anything down to someone needing to rest due to overwork or a fever." He looked at Z'go for a moment, finding the right words. "Look, whatever I do in my free time, here, I know my job, yeah? And that.. I've had just about decades of *not* telling anyone anything a patient might not want them to know, I'm fairly good at it by now."

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 9:00 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Z'go nodded as Cremsden spoke, liking what he was hearing.  Just jarred, just some bruising, not broken, no need to drop his pants.  He was agreeable to everything until Cremsden mentioned his Wingleader, "That all sounds about right... but what are you going to write on that note?  I'm not trying to get in trouble for fighting."

- Z'go

Rogue Kakashi

"Look, I know you're damn good at your job," Z'go replied quickly.  "Why do you think I came do you?"

He watched the man carefully for a moment.  "Thank you, for your help," Z'go said, his voice sincere.  "I know I can be an asshole sometimes."

- Z"go

Laura Walker

Cremsden sighed. "Truth is, wouldn't matter *what* you'd done, you step in this room and you get the same treatment," he said, applying himself to writing the note. He considered that statement and then glanced up. "Only exception being if you hurt a Healer or one of the apprentices while they're on duty or *because* of what they did while on duty," he said, stressing that part. "Then it all gets referred to K'ren and things get complicated." And it never ever hurt to ensure that was in people's heads, not when protection of his kids was concerned.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:08 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"Look, I know you're damn good at your job," Z'go replied quickly.  "Why do you think I came do you?"

He watched the man carefully for a moment.  "Thank you, for your help," Z'go said, his voice sincere.  "I know I can be an asshole sometimes."

- Z"go

Rogue Kakashi

"Your apprentices don't seem to feel the same way," Z"go replied coolly.  "Especially that boy.  Or perhaps he didn't know where the cots were."

- Z"go

Laura Walker

"And I'm sure you didn't provoke him in *any way*." Cremsden gave him a hard look. "Apprentices are still apprentices and still learning. That's kinda the point. I'll be having a chat later. However, if you poke them with a stick you're liable to get bitten." He held out the note. "Are you able to apply your own numbweed or do you need help? I'll give you some willowbark as well. It's not as area-specific but it should help. Just add as much sweetener as you can stand."