Topics

A little too far ( Ysolde / Desille )

Rogue Kakashi

When the tunnels of the Crafthalls were designed, they were designed with the idea that it would be necessary to draw in carts full of materiel, so they had had the foresight to make the tunnels in this area taller and especially wider to accommodate the necessities that the crafts may need.  What they did not foresee was that a stubborn 2nd pass blue dragon would feel the need to enter them on his own and uninvited.

He couldn't help it!  There was something inside of him, a primal urge that said, "There is something here that you must find and you must find it NOW!"  He had absolutely no clue what it was but Doryth was determined; more determined than he had been in his entire life, and he was going to... make... it... through!

Lucky for him, he was a 2nd pass blue, which meant that he was considerably smaller in comparison to his 8th pass brethren.  In his own time, Doryth would've been average size, though somewhat on the thinner and more flexible side of the spectrum, which was why he was able to traverse said tunnels.  Because of his wind it was a tighter squeeze than he would've liked, and he hadn't put much thought into how he was going to get out, but... he was almost there!

The blue stopped at the entrance of what he would later be told was the gemcrafting area of the crafthall and pushed his head against the door, trying to get in.

Meanwhile Desille had just finished eating a late breakfast in the Dining Cavern when she realized that Doryth was being oddly quiet.  [[ Love? ]] she queried but received no answer.  Suspicious.  [[ Love!? ]]

{{ I'm here!  Shh, I'm busy, }} he replied.

[[ Busy doing what, my love? ]]

{{ I'm looking for something.  Someone, I think.  I can smell her, but... I can't go any further! }}

Desille started to get a bad feeling, [[ What do you mean you can't go... Where exactly are you, Doryth? ]]  She received a mental image from the blue and the girl's mouth hung open, [[ What... how... why... DORYTH!  Get out of there right this instant! ]]

With waiting a moment more she took off at full speed, recognizing the craft hall from her visits to ther older brother Delowen, a smith.

- Doryth and Desille

Nutmeg

Oh, how she loved her crafting time. Not only did it mean time with her father but Ysolde adored the intricate, precise handling that jewelcrafting required. It suited her perfectionist nature. She was happy as a dragon in sunshine as she bobbed through the tunnels, hair pulled tightly out of her eyes and partially covered with a brightly covered scarf. She had been running errands all morning for her father, scampering back and forth through the tunnels to supply rooms, customers and anywhere in between. She was having the time of her life and later on, would no doubt collapse happily into an exhausted sleep.

She was on her way back from one of the supply rooms to collect some more polish, cleaning solvents, tumbling sand and rags, the large basket tucked safely on her arm. This was one of the larger tunnels that allowed for the carts to be brought in and she enjoyed a little skip, letting her good mood sweep over her.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 4:51 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
[...]

Florcott on AIM.

Rogue Kakashi

Desille was having a bit of a moment as she dashed towards the crafthalls, freaking out over how she was going to get Doryth out without anyone seeing him  Faranth!  How had he even got into their in the first place?  Without being caught!  She loved him but he was too much at times.  Crazy little blue!

Doryth on the other hand was much too occupied to worry about what was running through his rider's head.  He sensed someone approaching, could it be?... yes, he could feel it!  Whipping his head to the right he tried to crane his neck into that passage, since his body could not longer fit.  {{ Hello? }} he asked the approaching young woman.

- Desille and Doryth

Nutmeg

What Ysolde did not expect to see in a tunnel, was a dragon. Or more specifically, a dragon's head. A.. small dragon's head. Okay then. She had rounded a corner, thinking to her next errand when she had come face to muzzle with a blue face. "You're not meant to be in here." It came out of her mouth unexpectedly, before her brain had proper chance to process just what it was she was looking at.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:10 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Desille was having a bit of a moment as she dashed towards the crafthalls, freaking out over how she was going to get Doryth out without anyone seeing him  Faranth!  How had he even got into their in the first place?  Without being caught!  She loved him but he was too much at times.  Crazy little blue!

Doryth on the other hand was much too occupied to worry about what was running through his rider's head.  He sensed someone approaching, could it be?... yes, he could feel it!  Whipping his head to the right he tried to crane his neck into that passage, since his body could not longer fit.  {{ Hello? }} he asked the approaching young woman.

- Desille and Doryth

Florcott on AIM.

Rogue Kakashi

Doryth seemed to be just as taken aback with finding a girl as the girl had with finding a dragon.  Her comment confused the blue, who quickly replied to her, {{ If I wasn't, then why I am I here?  }}

Desille heard Doryth speaking to somebody and her nerves grew only worse.  She blitzed into the craft halls, turning familiar tunnels until she came upon exactly what she was looking for, "Doryth!" she exclaimed, nearly out of breath.  "You big blue lump!   You're not supposed to be in here!"

{{ But!  I am!  I know, I can feel it, it's soooooo close,}}  he began sniffing the air, first up hear the ceiling and then down towards teh floor, then the girl's feet, her legs.  Something about her drew him, {{ Who are you!?  }}

"I'm sorry, he's never acted like this before!" Desille called out from the other side of Doryth.

- Desille and Doryth

Nutmeg

If the dragon had been full sized, chances were that Ysolde would feel a lot more trepidation than she did. But this one was so small... they hadn't had a recent Hatching... plus, the proportions were all wrong. No, she would never say she was some sort of dragon expert, but she could tell that this one had the proportions of an adult. Which meant... "Wait, you're one of those dragons that landed in the wedding cake!"

She stared at Doryth, her pretty eyes glinting in the light of the glow baskets, unable to not giggle as he snuffled at her, the hot air of his breath tickling her legs. "I'm Ysolde! Who are you?" His voice had filtered into her mind and she had revelled in it. Is this what it would be like? To hear another presence in her own thoughts?

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 12:23 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
[...]

{{ I'm Doryth, }} the blue replied, his sniffing finished.  Lifting his head slightly he seemed to be trying to make eye contact.

"I'm Desille," answered the dark haired girl, who had finally managed to climb over the blue and slide over.  She was able to fit herself through the gap between Doryth's neck and the wall.  "Finally!  What possessed you, Doryth?!"

The blue craned his neck just enough to see his rider, {{ Desi!  Look what I found!  We should bring her with us, for Razelth's clutch! }}

"Bring her with us?" Desille arched an eyebrow.  "For the clutch.  Doryth... are you searching her?"

{{ I'm what now? }}

"Searching her!"

{{ Searching who?  Why are we here anyways.  Doesn't seem like this place was meant for dragons... }}

"... You don't say."  Desille turned apologetically towards Ysolde.  "Look, I'm sorry... he's just really curious... I hope he didn't scare you?  If you don't mind maybe we can keep this between us..."

- Desille and Doryth

Nutmeg

OoC: I'm assuming she's in on the dragonspeak :)

The behaviour of the blue was intriguing that was for sure and very endearing - in a clumsy sort of way. When he spoke of Searching her, her eyes widened and she glanced sheepishly at her Candidate knots already sitting on her shoulder. The conversation was peculiar, like the blue kept forgetting what he was supposed to be doing.

"I appreciate the gesture, but I'm already a Candidate here."

She smiled awkward at the rider in a "it's okay" sort of expression, not entirely sure what she was meant to do or say now. She didn't want to upset the blue, that was for sure, he had seemed so excited to have found her.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 2:50 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
[...]

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Rogue Kakashi

"Really?"  the girl finally noticed Ysolde's knots.  Could it be... ?  "We only recently graduated.  Maybe he's a search dragon?"

{{ Yes, yes, I think I am! }} Doryth agreed, still broadcasting towards both girls.   {{ I think this one should stand. }}

"I think she already is, Doryth,"  Desille sighed, exasperated but she still lovingly stroked the blue.  "Anyways, time to get you out..."  She turned to Ysolde, with a huge grin, "Mind helping?  If you're not too busy... we did double search you after all!"

- Desille and Doryth

Nutmeg

Desille got something of a snort of laughter. "Don't you worry about it, I insisted on getting myself Searched three times before I believed it myself. I'll take this as proof I'm in the right place!" She smiled brightly, quiet amusement tickling her eyes. "I don't know much about how the Searching works, but maybe this is a sign that there's something to your blue that means he's got it in him too. I'd be talking with some other Searchriders if it were me." She stepped forwards, and then hesitated as she peered at the dragon.

"Of course I can help. I think. Tell me what you think I need to do!"