Topics

The Beast that Sleeps Below ( Yiyu / Leodred )

Rogue Kakashi

Leodred's patience had been cut short that day.  Some dumbfeck kid called Sorho had decided that it would be funny to put paint on the chairs of some of the first year candidates.  As soon as Leodred had sat down he felt the cold paint seep in through his lighter, personalized clothes.  Feck, he felt the cold paint on his privates.  As soon as Leodred felt it he was up and gone and had spent most of the rest of the day planning how he'd take revenge on the idiot.

He'd wandered into the Lower Caverns, looking for something a little more private, and found one of the rooms where they kept the extra pillows and blankets.  He'd not been the first in the room, judging by the little nest he'd found so he decided to stay a while and nap.

When he awoke he was unaware of how many hours had passed.  His torch had gone out and he was completely in the dark, "Uh... feck me."  Groggily he stood up and stretched, belting out an extra long, extra loud, extra satisfying yawn.  Done stretching he started to look for the wall in an attempt to use to guide himself back.  It was down ten ten passages, then left, right, left and left right?

"Great, I'm going to die down here," he muttered to himself.

About fifteen minutes later panic started to set in.  He was breathing heavily, trying to control himself but it was nigh impossible in the dark.  That's when he started to hear things... something heavy, dragging itself, it's breathing humid... No, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real... And then he saw a light in the distance, someone walking through one of the tunnels.

"Hey!  Wait!  Hey!" he tried to call out, starting to run in that direction.

- Leodred

Jessica Freise

The more time she spent here, the more she loved the Weyr. The more she loved the Weyr, the more she refused to think about leaving, failing, and/or not belonging. Because of course she did belong. Albeit to a few people only.

But that didn't mean her timidness had fled completely, or that she wasn't scared out of her whits to find someone in one of the tunnels Tyne had showed her. Footsteps slowly then stopping, she tilted her basket of glows to try to see-

"Who- Who's there?"

On Mar 29, 2020, at 9:57 PM, Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:

[...]

Leodred erupted out of the darkness, arriving through one of the tunnel maybe six feet up ahead.  He tried to stop himself but not only ended up skidding but crashing into the wall as well.  Picking himself up off the floor he looked at her, his steel gray eyes wide open, and his chest lunging as his lunged sucked up air.  It took him a moment, but Leodred managed to get himself under control, "Thanks, lost my torch, though I was going to... die down there..."

He decided against mentioning the strange sounds he'd heard.  Could there really be something living deep underneath the Weyr?  No, imposible, someone would know, for sure.  Right?  "Name's Leodred.  What are you doing down here?"

- Leodred

Jessica Freise

Yiyu squeaked as she emerged, startled by his tallness, his lankiness, his *maleness*. Recovering quickly, she tilted the basket of glows to better look at hims while she thought up an answer: fast.

"Exploring. What about you?"

On Mar 30, 2020, at 3:25 AM, Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:

Leodred erupted out of the darkness, arriving through one of the tunnel maybe six feet up ahead.  He tried to stop himself but not only ended up skidding but crashing into the wall as well.  Picking himself up off the floor he looked at her, his steel gray eyes wide open, and his chest lunging as his lunged sucked up air.  It took him a moment, but Leodred managed to get himself under control, "Thanks, lost my torch, though I was going to... die down there..."

He decided against mentioning the strange sounds he'd heard.  Could there really be something living deep underneath the Weyr?  No, imposible, someone would know, for sure.  Right?  "Name's Leodred.  What are you doing down here?"

- Leodred

Rogue Kakashi

"Exploring?  Exploring!?"  Leodred repeated the word, incredulous of her answer after his experience.  He gave her a quick look over--if there was something down there she was going to get eaten for sure.  The candidate shook his head, "I wouldn't explore too much down here.  You never know what you might find.  Which is the way out?"

He walked a few steps past her, looking down the dark hall that he guessed that she had come from.  "Look, girl, I--"  He was about to say something else when he was interrupted by a sound.  Something heavy had fallen over, spilling it's contents,  an assortment of metallic.... things.  Whatever it was it echoed through the hall ways, "Feck."

- Leodred

Jessica Freise

"I.... What was that?" Her eyes widened with fear, her heart beat quickening.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:14 AM, Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:

"Exploring?  Exploring!?"  Leodred repeated the word, incredulous of her answer after his experience.  He gave her a quick look over--if there was something down there she was going to get eaten for sure.  The candidate shook his head, "I wouldn't explore too much down here.  You never know what you might find.  Which is the way out?"

He walked a few steps past her, looking down the dark hall that he guessed that she had come from.  "Look, girl, I--"  He was about to say something else when he was interrupted by a sound.  Something heavy had fallen over, spilling it's contents,  an assortment of metallic.... things.  Whatever it was it echoed through the hall ways, "Feck."

- Leodred

Rogue Kakashi

"I... have no idea..." Leodred replied, looking into the darkness from where the sound had come.

Then, out of the darkness, from where that dreadful sound had come... a form of something began to emerge... and it turned out to just be a cat, who stopped just shy of them and meowed.  Leodred let out a sigh of relief.

- Leodred

Jessica Freise

"Friend of yours?" Yiyu queried softly, studying the graceful animal.