Topics

Walk In Applications ( Nayari / R'bor )

Rogue Kakashi

It had been years (though not as many as he liked to think) since R'bor had been in the candidate barracks but he still knew his way around them.  A couple of candidates spotted the bronzerider knots on his shoulder and gave him space to pass.  He knew exactly where he was going:  The candidate master's office.

He had been thinking about this for quite some time.  He enjoyed the life of a dragonrider, but as of late he'd felt that there was a lull... like, too much free time, sometimes.  R'bor liked being active, he liked feeling like he was progressing towards some goal.  So a few days ago he'd had Vukoth bespeak Marith on his behalf and set up this meeting for today.

The bronzerider approached the door and knocked, still a few minutes early.

- R'bor

Nutmeg

Surprise, surprise, Nayari was in her office. Doing paperwork. Again. Sometimes it seemed like there was a never ending stream of paperwork to do. Unfortunately with a new clutch on the sands, that meant her paperwork load look like it quadrupled and there were large piles of files, Candidate files, sitting on her shelves. New eggs meant new dragons. And that meant making sure the Candidates were up to scratch in every possible way. As it was getting on a bit on the day, she was letting herself wind down, sipping from a goblet of wine as she perused her notes. Hmm. That needed chasing up.

When Marith quietly bespoke her, murmuring into her thoughts that Bronzerider R'bor was coming to see her, Nayari's first instinct was that no doubt, someone had been up to no good. Why wasn't that surprising. And then Marith reminded her that the meeting had been prearranged and Nayari remembered, checking her schedule to see her own neat writing telling her as such.

When the knock came, she was ready. Settled on her cushioned perch behind Nayari's desk, Vecna looked up with an inquisitive chirrup, rustling her golden wings.

"Come in!" Nayari called out, setting her papers to one side.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:20 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
It had been years (though not as many as he liked to think) since R'bor had been in the candidate barracks but he still knew his way around them.  A couple of candidates spotted the bronzerider knots on his shoulder and gave him space to pass.  He knew exactly where he was going:  The candidate master's office.

He had been thinking about this for quite some time.  He enjoyed the life of a dragonrider, but as of late he'd felt that there was a lull... like, too much free time, sometimes.  R'bor liked being active, he liked feeling like he was progressing towards some goal.  So a few days ago he'd had Vukoth bespeak Marith on his behalf and set up this meeting for today.

The bronzerider approached the door and knocked, still a few minutes early.

- R'bor

Florcott on AIM.

Rogue Kakashi

R'bor entered and offered her a quick salute before closing the door behind him.  His dark eyes settled on the Candidate master after a quick glance around the room; it was almost as he remembered it, except for a Nayari's own personal modifications and only briefly acknowledge the golden fire-lizard's presence in the room.  "I am R'bor, Vukoth's rider," he said as a way of formally introducing himself, his deep voice attempting to be as polite as posible.  "I would like to apply for the position of Assistant Candidate Master."

- R'bor

Nutmeg

Well at least he wasn't one of those that dithered getting through the door. That was something at least. And it appeared he didn't beat about the bush, getting right to the point. "Well then," Nayari said, gesturing for him to take a seat as she returned to her own. "Why don't you take a seat and tell me why you want the job."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:05 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
R'bor entered and offered her a quick salute before closing the door behind him.  His dark eyes settled on the Candidate master after a quick glance around the room; it was almost as he remembered it, except for a Nayari's own personal modifications and only briefly acknowledge the golden fire-lizard's presence in the room.  "I am R'bor, Vukoth's rider," he said as a way of formally introducing himself, his deep voice attempting to be as polite as posible.  "I would like to apply for the position of Assistant Candidate Master."

- R'bor

Florcott on AIM.

Rogue Kakashi

R'bor nodded as she offered him a seat and slid into it.  It still felt the same as the last time he'd sat in it.  "Thank you, ma'am" he said as he positioned himself, remembering his manners in front of whom may very well be his next superior soon.  Either that or he had still not shaken off the habit from when he'd been a candidate not too many turns ago.

"I feel that aiding candidates prepare for impression will not only sharpen my own skills but provide valuable insight in my continuing career as a dragonrider," R'bor explained as soon as he was ready.  He looked directly at the Candidatemaster as he spoke to her.  He'd expected her would be asked something similar so he'd done his best to come prepared with an answer.

- R'bor

Nutmeg

Totally not an answer that had been practised multiple times before coming to the office. "Might I offer you something to drink?" she asked politely, taking a drawn out moment to visually inspect R'bor. He held himself well but then again, most Bronzeriders did. "So, what do you see yourself doing in ten turns time?" It wasn't trick question. She had noticed only too quickly that his response had contained something very important - it had been all about how it would help further his own career.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 10:00 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
R'bor nodded as she offered him a seat and slid into it.  It still felt the same as the last time he'd sat in it.  "Thank you, ma'am" he said as he positioned himself, remembering his manners in front of whom may very well be his next superior soon.  Either that or he had still not shaken off the habit from when he'd been a candidate not too many turns ago.

"I feel that aiding candidates prepare for impression will not only sharpen my own skills but provide valuable insight in my continuing career as a dragonrider," R'bor explained as soon as he was ready.  He looked directly at the Candidatemaster as he spoke to her.  He'd expected her would be asked something similar so he'd done his best to come prepared with an answer.

- R'bor

Florcott on AIM.

Rogue Kakashi

"Perhaps some water, thank you," R'bor accepted the Candidatemaster's offer.  Had he done well?  He'd find out soon enough.  Perhaps his response had been too planned out.  There was no point worrying now, it was in the past.  All he could do is attempt to keep improving his odds, "In ten turns?  That is rather far away... but in a perfect Pern... I would like to become a Wingleader, but I know that I am still young and have much to learn before I can reach such a position."  He pursed his lips for a moment.  A slight smile appeared on his lips, "I Imagine that I seem like another overly ambitious young bronzerider."

- R'bor