Topics

A Favorite Topic With a New Face (Diagir/Ziya, Maglor/Glaurung)

Ren

Dusk was calming for any wher whether Callamere or not. While Diagir was more used to his brown wanting to go out in this quiet time, he certainly wasn't adverse to his gorgeous Queen wanting to go on an outing all by herself. Well, with Diagir as an accompaniment, but without the other two whers. The queen had her goggles on still just in case some spare sunbeams got into her eyes. Ziya had no harness on, such things being regulated to lesser whers like Vainglory or even Diagirsk. Diagir followed behind her as she walked towards the lake, taking the time away from the wherhold since she was getting snappy at the other whers there despite their copious living space and the space afforded them due to Ziya's size. Diagir figured that she was going to run soon, judging by her color and attitude.

{Ziya run when Ziya like,} she snipped back at her handler, sensing his thoughts. {Ziya no run long time, have more egg. No keep this time!}

"Aye, highness, I won't be keeping another of yours. I don't know where I'd be keeping it anyway. Already got three dens carved out, and you know how Diagirsk is already getting, hm? Vainglory's going to make him smack her down when her first run happens." Diagir groaned at that thought.

{Gir take 'Glory to Good Place, 'Glory get special time, 'Glory no make eggs,} Ziya surmised sensibly. Diagir was surprised at her description of the way that Callamere sterilized their greens and blues along with anyone who asked for it. That she should suggest sterlizing Vainglory on her own had Diagir a little stunned.

"I... could talk to them about it, aye. I never considered that, but you've a grand idea. You know she'll still run, yes?"

{Run ok, egg no. Only Ziya make egg.} The queen punctuated her statement with a little growl. Ziya's attention was taken by the sight of a bronze also at the lake. His large size had her attention even before the deep gleam hidden in the dark color cemented it. Bounding towards the bronze but stopping at the safe distance she'd been trained, Ziya whistled at the stranger happily. {'Lo! This queen Ziya. Who bronze?}

Steelsilver

Maglor always made sure that Glaurung's harness was on and his leash secure before he'd open the door and allow the bronze where out for walks. As much as he liked the big lug, it was always better to be safe than sorry where whers were concerned.

He hummed, idly, as he walked, thoughts drifting, before his attention was caught by the gleam of gold and he looked up, aware once more. "Greetings."

{I 'Rung!} The bronze asserted, interest caught and held. {Meet queen Ziya gud!} His stubby tail wagged excitedly.

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

"Hello, apologize if she's being a bit overwhelming." Diagir came up and gave the other man a smile. "I'm Diagir and this is Ziya. I promise that she won't attack him even though she's off a lead."

{Yis gud,} Ziya agreed with a sensible nod. Of course it was good to meet her. {Meet 'Rung good. 'Rung big, 'Rung not from 'Mere?}

Steelsilver

"It's no matter. If it's all the same, I'll keep this big lug on leash for now." Maglor answered with a smile of his own. "I'm Maglor, and this one's Glaurung." He added with a pat to bronze hide.

{'Rung not 'mere, 'Rung big strong!} The bronze asserted. {Gud, meet Ziya. Prett' Ziya!}

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

"Of course, he's your wher. Glaurung, you said? Well, a pleasure to meet you, Glaurung, and you as well, Maglor." Diagir's expression was relaxed and welcoming. "It's always nice to see people with whers, especially when they seem so well-trained and relaxed like yours. How old is he?"

{'Rung big strong like 'Girsk, then. 'Girsk born up North.} At the compliment, Ziya hummed and fluttered her wings. {Ziya big pretty! Ziya run, have many eggs. Ziya do again soon.}

Steelsilver

"I didn't want to risk any trouble with him." Maglor admitted. "He's wildbred, even if I Impressed him." A pause. "He'd be just over five Turns."

{'Rung not know Girsk. 'Rung biggest strongest!} The bronze wher boasted. {'Rung chase pretty Ziya, bigstrong eggs!}

 ooc it happened in 2015 so I'm going to say he's five.

On Saturday, March 28, 2020, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"Of course, he's your wher. Glaurung, you said? Well, a pleasure to meet you, Glaurung, and you as well, Maglor." Diagir's expression was relaxed and welcoming. "It's always nice to see people with whers, especially when they seem so well-trained and relaxed like yours. How old is he?"

{'Rung big strong like 'Girsk, then. 'Girsk born up North.} At the compliment, Ziya hummed and fluttered her wings. {Ziya big pretty! Ziya run, have many eggs. Ziya do again soon.}

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

"Ah, I see. My oldest is a Northbred brown I Impressed to back in Crom. I trained whers there for the mines with good success." There may or may not have been pride in Diagir's tone. "I've been bonded to a few personally but they all went on to serve others. My brown, Diagirsk, was the first one to be personally mine. Our bond is quite strong. He's about fifteen Turns I shouldn't guess. Ziya just turned seven, and Vainglory is about... Hm how old is that green... five? Ish? Ah then she'd be about the same age as Glaurung! Vainglory is Ziya's daughter from her first clutch."

Purring happily at the praise, Ziya fluffed her wings. {Ziya perfect eggs. Ziya lay many, all Hatch with strong little'uns. Ziya not mind 'Rung chase.}

Steelsilver

"Your Ziya is quite lovely." Maglor responded. "The only other gold wher I've seen was Glaurung's dam, and, well..." He trailed off. "You're from the North too?"

 {'Rung chase good, you see!} The bronze asserted. {Prett' Ziya, gud bigstrong lilun!}

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

"I am, born and raised in Crom," Diagir confirmed with a nod. "My father was one of the beastcrafters there whose primary job it was to take care of whers. He taught me what i know. What about you? Way you said it, you're from up there, too. Glaurung's dam must have been a gorgeous queen to lay a bronze like him."

{Ziya run soon,} the gold cautioned, {'Rung chase with many many big 'uns! Ziya 'Mere, many chase 'Mere queen.} She raised her head proudly with a charming turn of her paw.

Steelsilver

"Aye. Whole family's northern bred, and riders." Maglor's expression shadowed, just a little, before he seemed to shake it off. "I wouldn't know. She was- There was a rockfall. She saved the eggs by shielding them, or else no one would have been able to get close to the nest enough to Impress."

{'Rung best runner, big strong.} The bronze answered, simply. {Ziya gud, smart. Gud run.}

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

Diagir's expression sombered and he lowered his head briefly in respect. "Ah, she passed a hero then. A queen to be remembered. Her legacy is strong in Glaurung certainly. He's a gorgeous bronze and you seem to have done quite well with him."

Ziya warbled and sat with a noble and proud pose. {'Rung smart, 'Rung speak good to Ziya. Good bronze, good for queen Ziya.}

Hearing that, Diagir gave his gold a curious look. "Oh? It seems like Ziya has taken to your Glaurung."

Steelsilver

"Thank you." Maglor responded with a nod of gratitude. "He's a good boy, aren't you, Glaurung?" He added, and the bronze wher's chest puffed out in delight. {'Rung gud boy!}

A pause.

"My thanks to your lovely queen, then. Glaurung seems taken with her as well. He doesn't often meet other whers."

On Thursday, April 2, 2020, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Diagir's expression sombered and he lowered his head briefly in respect. "Ah, she passed a hero then. A queen to be remembered. Her legacy is strong in Glaurung certainly. He's a gorgeous bronze and you seem to have done quite well with him."

Ziya warbled and sat with a noble and proud pose. {'Rung smart, 'Rung speak good to Ziya. Good bronze, good for queen Ziya.}

Hearing that, Diagir gave his gold a curious look. "Oh? It seems like Ziya has taken to your Glaurung."

--
Sent from my phone!

Ren

Diagir chuckled with a wide grin. "Well... He should chase her when she runs next, then. I know she'll run soon and chasers like Glaurung would be welcome, especially since Ziya has already given him her approval. If you two want, I'll let you know when her run gets near."

Ziya pranced her front paws happily. {'Rung good boy, big and strong! Ziya run, 'Rung chase. Many, many egg.}

Steelsilver

"Really?" Maglor looked pleased. "Glaurung'd be honored. And I as well. Callameres are fine looking whers." A respectful nod of his head, once more, to the queen wher.

{Ziya prett' queen.} Glaurung rumbled back, happily, and plopped down to sit as well, peering at the gold with undisguised interest. {'Rung like 'iya. Gud chase, gud strong, many egg.}

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 2:20 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Diagir chuckled with a wide grin. "Well... He should chase her when she runs next, then. I know she'll run soon and chasers like Glaurung would be welcome, especially since Ziya has already given him her approval. If you two want, I'll let you know when her run gets near."

Ziya pranced her front paws happily. {'Rung good boy, big and strong! Ziya run, 'Rung chase. Many, many egg.}

Ren

"Absolutely they are. Callamere is an incredible Hold and masterful at their craft. They're the ones who helped start the Whercraft along with donating a good portion of land to house it. I'm still honored to have been considered to be a part of it since its inception."

Ziya was incredibly flattered, more than she'd been in quite some time if ever. It was tot he point that she did something that had Diagir's jaw dropping- she reached out her head and groomed Glaurung's shoulder. {'Rung chase then yes. Ziya like 'Rung and want 'Rung chase. Give many egg for wher place.}

Steelsilver

"They provided me with tips on how to train Glaurung, and I'm grateful for it. I've heard how feral whers can act." Maglor nodded, gaze going to his bronze wher fondly. "He's as close to dragon as I'm inclined to get."

Glaurung sat straight up, the bronze's body practically quivering and goggled eyes scintillating in surprise-delight. The queen liked him! {Ziya like 'Rung, 'Rung like Ziya too!!} he enthused, and bent his head, ever so carefully, daringly even, to nuzzle the golden hide, before giving her a grooming lick as well. {Ziya smart, gud, many egg for 'Mere.}

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 5:03 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"Absolutely they are. Callamere is an incredible Hold and masterful at their craft. They're the ones who helped start the Whercraft along with donating a good portion of land to house it. I'm still honored to have been considered to be a part of it since its inception."

Ziya was incredibly flattered, more than she'd been in quite some time if ever. It was tot he point that she did something that had Diagir's jaw dropping- she reached out her head and groomed Glaurung's shoulder. {'Rung chase then yes. Ziya like 'Rung and want 'Rung chase. Give many egg for wher place.}

Ren

Surprised by the feelings he received from his gold, Diagir looked down at the pair. "Well... Ziya has really taken to Glaurung. I've never seen her act like that to another wher. This is really something!"

Pleased and content with Glaurung's acceptance of her approval, Ziya was more than happy to allow the lick and nuzzle. She even deigned to return the nuzzle with a little hum. {Rung give Ziya many egg, many time. 'Rung run often when Ziya run, yes?}

Steelsilver

"I always thought that whers were more solitary." Maglor responded, his own befuddlement at the scene showing on his face and in his tone alike. "But I'm glad he's making the acquaintance of other whers."

{'Rung chase, gud, when 'Glor says.} the bronze answered contentedly. {Gud run, catch 'iya, many gudstrong egg.} He rumbled, pleased, deep in his stocky chest.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 5:40 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Surprised by the feelings he received from his gold, Diagir looked down at the pair. "Well... Ziya has really taken to Glaurung. I've never seen her act like that to another wher. This is really something!"

Pleased and content with Glaurung's acceptance of her approval, Ziya was more than happy to allow the lick and nuzzle. She even deigned to return the nuzzle with a little hum. {Rung give Ziya many egg, many time. 'Rung run often when Ziya run, yes?}

Ren

"They are, that's the curious thing," Diagir confirmed. "Usually only greens really choose to stick around and make nice with males. Queens are solitary by nature unless they lay another queen. They'll then raise her and teach her what they know, casting her off at the dam's next run. But occasionally a wher with a human will chose another wher as their mate. I can't say that's what's happening here, but it sure looks like it."

Steelsilver

"Huh. Well then." Maglor turned his attention back to regard the pair of whers with some surprise. "Who knew Glaurung had that kind of charm? Though he is a bronze, I suppose."

He paused, then added, "Maybe it's because she's going to be running soon."

--
Sent from my phone!