Topics

Missing In Action (ATTN: Fabio, Any)

Jessica Freise

Yiyu had been shocked at the bathing arrangements in the Candidate barracks. Not only was there little to no privacy, but they were expected to bathe together when they can, leaving time alone at a drastic minimum. At her hold, one of the few joys she'd had had been baths.

But in her second week of Candacy, she was adjusting. So well, in fact, that she found herself momentarily alone in the pool's cradling warmth when she came up from washing her long hair and headed for the edge to climb out and dry off. Her gaze was caught by something -- or the lack of something, really.

Her clothes....were gone.

Alyx

Fabio, well this wasn't the first time he'd been something of a nuisance. Why he still liked hanging about the candidate's barracks when his pet, a rider had long since moved on was anyone's guess. Sometimes he even still curled up on the cot that had at one point belonged to D'vik. Maybe those early memories were clearer to the unfortunate flit. No one would ever know for sure Why, suffice it to say that he did.

Today would be yet another misadventure for the unfortunate flit. He'd popped into the bathing room, intent on having a splashing good time. But someone had been there, for some reason, this dumb flit had decided that meant time for..hiding? While the young woman wasn't looking, he'd reached up, and stolen her clothing, hiding under it and scuttling about the room. Unseen, unheard. Well, unheard until he walked face first into a wall. Because of course he couldn't see where he was going. He let out a rather indignant squack, at what? Who knows, but this bronze flit was very offended that something had walked into his face! His wings began to thrash, spewing a shirt over in that corner, a pair of pants the other way. Unfortunately he was brought up short by his old nemesis...a bra. The loop for the shoulder caught up one of his wings, the other got snagged on a small outcropping of rock, and when Fabio attempted to move away from the wall, well he was well and truly caught. This led to several frightened squeaks and squeals and a large, very handsome looking bronze flit frantically clawing at the wall, the bra, and anything else that might be unfortunate enough to get in close.

Yiyu had stood, immobilized, for several seconds. Then the squawk had erupted from the opposite end of the barracks and she'd turned to spy the metallic firelizard trapped. Oh, by the egg of Faranth. if she moved, she'd risk censure for walking around naked, perhaps before she could explain. If she didn't....

Yiyu sighed softly and moved....

Only to slip and fall flat on her ass.

On Mar 29, 2020, at 7:00 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

[...]

Fabio was immediately distracted from his screeching calls for help. There was a lady present afterall. He went from scattershell to flirt in and instant. Preening himself at the young woman, completely forgetting for the moment that he was trapped. He arched his neck and trilled at the girl, and tried once again to spread his wings, to show off what a fine specimen he was. However his wings were still caught and this brought his predicament back to him.  He started squirming, glaring at the bra that had him trapped and thus thwarted his flirting.

Yiyu studied the bronze flit closely. She'd learned while dealing with Tyne's group that she could look, but not quite touch. Still, it -- he -- needed help.

Rubbing her behind ruefully, she climbed to her feet. She picked her way to her pants first, then her tunic, pulling each article of clothing on as she moved. That left the firelizard and his predicament.

"Can I help you?" she asked, not really expecting an answer.

On Mar 29, 2020, at 7:26 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

Fabio was immediately distracted from his screeching calls for help. There was a lady present afterall. He went from scattershell to flirt in and instant. Preening himself at the young woman, completely forgetting for the moment that he was trapped. He arched his neck and trilled at the girl, and tried once again to spread his wings, to show off what a fine specimen he was. However his wings were still caught and this brought his predicament back to him.  He started squirming, glaring at the bra that had him trapped and thus thwarted his flirting.

Alyx

As she came closer he struggled harder, until the girl stopped and talked to him. As if some switch went off, he was once again seemingly calm. The flit turned his head from one side to the other. Then he simply sat down, and watched her as if he was patently expecting help. Which of course he was. Some of the candidates were so used to him, that they untangled him and sent him on his way, much as his rider did. But this was a new pet...would she cooperate? Fabio gave an encouraging little trill, watching the girl's every move.

Sighing softly, Yiyu took her life into her own hands and stepped forward. Her fingers were swift and deft, releasing the bronze in a matter of seconds. Stepping back, she regarded him as he did her.

"Better?"

On Mar 29, 2020, at 10:02 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

As she came closer he struggled harder, until the girl stopped and talked to him. As if some switch went off, he was once again seemingly calm. The flit turned his head from one side to the other. Then he simply sat down, and watched her as if he was patently expecting help. Which of course he was. Some of the candidates were so used to him, that they untangled him and sent him on his way, much as his rider did. But this was a new pet...would she cooperate? Fabio gave an encouraging little trill, watching the girl's every move.

Alyx

The beautiful bronze seemed to consider for a moment before making a happy cheep and flexing his wings. This time nothing was hurt, and he didn't almost drown, all in all an excellent outcome. After being freed he hopped forwards, looking at her hands inquisitively, hoping perhaps for a treat. Up close one could tell this flit has seen his share of trouble. Small scars covered a large portion of his body. Most looked as if they had been very well taken care of. Barely leaving a mark, but there sure were a lot of them. On his neck was a small collar, with two names Fabio, and D'vik. One was obviously a ride, the other probably his name.

Yiyu caught sight of the collar even as she extended one hand for him to sniff. She considered her current state of being: wet beneath the outfit she wore, hair dripping water down her back, and decided she had time to return this bronze to this D'vek.

"Hmm, D'vek much be your owner," she said quietly. "Would you know where he might be, pretty boy?"

On Mar 30, 2020, at 2:03 AM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

The beautiful bronze seemed to consider for a moment before making a happy cheep and flexing his wings. This time nothing was hurt, and he didn't almost drown, all in all an excellent outcome. After being freed he hopped forwards, looking at her hands inquisitively, hoping perhaps for a treat. Up close one could tell this flit has seen his share of trouble. Small scars covered a large portion of his body. Most looked as if they had been very well taken care of. Barely leaving a mark, but there sure were a lot of them. On his neck was a small collar, with two names Fabio, and D'vik. One was obviously a ride, the other probably his name.

Alyx

For a moment it appeared that the flit was thinking, very very hard. Then with a cheep of distraction he imaged a BIG blue dragon, and water. A bit of imagery that gave a general place by the lake. That was about as clear as Fabio ever got with his images. But one thing he could do was find his pet.

Yiyu nodded once, decisively. "Let's return you, shall we? Maybe your owner will ignore that I'm sopping wet and missing my underthings."

She extended an arm carefully, just in case this flit decided to bite.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 5:50 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

For a moment it appeared that the flit was thinking, very very hard. Then with a cheep of distraction he imaged a BIG blue dragon, and water. A bit of imagery that gave a general place by the lake. That was about as clear as Fabio ever got with his images. But one thing he could do was find his pet.

Alyx

Fabio regarded the outstretched arm for a moment,, gave a happy cheep and fluttered his wings, with two flaps he was sitting on her shoulder looking far too pleased with himself. He leaned in and rubbed his wedge shaped head against her cheek in apparent affection, thinking happy thoughts about the rider that was his pet.

She had to smile. For a moment, she stood still, enjoying the feel of the soft hide against her cheek. Then she left the Candidate barracks and headed for the lake, spotting the blue she'd been sent after almost immediately, but not, at first, seeing his rider.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 6:05 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

Fabio regarded the outstretched arm for a moment,, gave a happy cheep and fluttered his wings, with two flaps he was sitting on her shoulder looking far too pleased with himself. He leaned in and rubbed his wedge shaped head against her cheek in apparent affection, thinking happy thoughts about the rider that was his pet.

Alyx

Trometh was a very large blue, possibly even the largest in the weyr, he rivaled some of the smaller browns for size, and often used this to his advantage. He was standing part way into the lake, deep enough that nothing below his shoulders and hips could be seen. Just a great, broad blue back, and wings lightly floating on the water as the big fella relaxed. Somewhere on the other side, hidden by the great blue bulk one could hear splashing, and the sounds of a man humming in the bass register. It wasn't harper great, but didn't sound too bad. Though he'd never sung around others since his seemingly long ago lessons with the harper.

A male. That strange species she was only now learning might like her. She rounded the blue, following the humming and politely cleared her throat.

"I....found...someone who says he belongs to you," she said with a weak smile.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

Trometh was a very large blue, possibly even the largest in the weyr, he rivaled some of the smaller browns for size, and often used this to his advantage. He was standing part way into the lake, deep enough that nothing below his shoulders and hips could be seen. Just a great, broad blue back, and wings lightly floating on the water as the big fella relaxed. Somewhere on the other side, hidden by the great blue bulk one could hear splashing, and the sounds of a man humming in the bass register. It wasn't harper great, but didn't sound too bad. Though he'd never sung around others since his seemingly long ago lessons with the harper.

Alyx

The humming abruptly stopped. It was generally something he only really did when no one was around. Well no one but his dragon and flits anyhow. In an instant D'vik knew that Fabio'd found himself in trouble, yet again. Elon never got up to mischief. D'vik used a hold on Trometh's neck and pulled himself up where he could see for a moment. The blue dragon seemed for the moment content to ignore the world, seemingly half asleep in his bath.

"Fabio found you eh? He's a right little trouble maker, aren't you lad?" At the moment, off shore it was hard to tell just how tall he was, but it was easily apparent that his shoulders were broad. D'vik was a large man.

Fabio, still sitting on the girl's shoulder merely cheeped happily, wiggling in place a bit and sticking his wing out which, of course got stuck in the girls hair.

"Shards," she said, though amusement lit her gaze. As the recent possesser of a kitten, she was becoming adept at disentangling things from her hair. Even so, she found it hard to reach the firelizard, who managed only to make things worse.

"I'm....Yiyu," she said, still struggling with the flit. "I found him- He found me- Well, he took my clothes and-"

On Apr 6, 2020, at 6:36 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

The humming abruptly stopped. It was generally something he only really did when no one was around. Well no one but his dragon and flits anyhow. In an instant D'vik knew that Fabio'd found himself in trouble, yet again. Elon never got up to mischief. D'vik used a hold on Trometh's neck and pulled himself up where he could see for a moment. The blue dragon seemed for the moment content to ignore the world, seemingly half asleep in his bath.

"Fabio found you eh? He's a right little trouble maker, aren't you lad?" At the moment, off shore it was hard to tell just how tall he was, but it was easily apparent that his shoulders were broad. D'vik was a large man.

Fabio, still sitting on the girl's shoulder merely cheeped happily, wiggling in place a bit and sticking his wing out which, of course got stuck in the girls hair.

Alyx

D'vik shook his head at Fabio's predicament and disappeared again, pulling himself along the far side of the dragon till he could stand, he pulled himself out of the water, knowing that any second Fabio would begin to panic. Then they'd really have a mess. As he came out of the water it quickly became apparent that not only was he wide, he was tall too. He topped out about 6'5. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and only shorts below. Some distance away on a rock was the rest of his things.

"Nice to meet you, Yiyu was it?" His voice was soft and non-threatening. And somehow he managed to make himself look a bit smaller. It was an affect of character. As he got closer he addressed the flit who was quickly getting afraid of being tangled, and grabbed at. "Easy there lad, we will have you free in just a moment Fabio, Calm, be calm."

The slight tention that had thrumbed through her automatically faded. She offered a cautious smile to the tall, wide bluerider.

"Yiyu, yes. I have a kitten, myself, and he often gets tangled. Don't- Hey, take it easy, sweetheart," she chided the bronze firelizard in exactly the tone she'd learned worked best on Sifha.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 7:10 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:

[...]

As D'vik got within range Fabio cheeped and went still. The large man reached towards her hair cautiously, saying "Just hold on a moment, I can see where he's caught a bit better than you can behind your head and all yea?" He still kept his voice soft, his whole body language as unthreatening as it was possible for a man of his stature to manage. But it didn't take him long at all to free Fabio from her hair, the little flit crawled up his naked arm, leaving tiny scratches that he didn't even seem to notice. Before seeming to notice Trometh in the lake. The little flit popped between, and began attacking random suds bubbles, all thoughts of fear vanished, just like that.

"Sorry about that, Fabio...he's a dear but he's not long on brains."