Topics

Speaking To The Sun (atten: Kassia, Foreth)


Steelsilver
 

Sunstreath had spotted the gold almost immediately when he'd flown up to perch on the Rim, silent for a long few moments as he considered what to do. ((I'des. I'des, there is a gold.)) 

(Course there is, Sun-sun. It's a Weyr, isn't it?)

((Mine. It is a gold.)) 

(So go say hi. Wait, which gold is it?) 

Sunstreath didn't deign to reply, instead swooping to snatch and kill a herdbeast from the pens, and then angling to drop it before the gold, landing just beyond and immediately lowering his head. 

((I have never seen a gold as magnificently beautiful as you.)) 


sailyn2
 

Foreth had been lounging in her favorite spot. Her head came up and eyes startled to whirl orange in irritation, but they mellowed slightly at the offering and the pretty words.

 

((That's because there is no on else as magnificent as me,)) she said. Even as she took a big bite out of the herd beast, she said, ((But I prefer fish.))


Steelsilver
 

Sunstreath didn't quite dare to look up, but the bronze's own eyes whirled faster in delight as he was acknowledged. ((Mine says it is only right, to admire beauty- and you are the most beautiful queen I have spoken to.)) he offered. ((I am Sunstreath, and I will fetch you as many fish as you desire.)) A subtle puff of his own chest, the bronze posing in what he felt was his own best angle. 

"Shardit, Sunny, where are you?" I'des demanded, finally emerging from the Dining Hall and hurrying toward the bronze's last location by the Lake. 

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:27 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Foreth had been lounging in her favorite spot. Her head came up and eyes startled to whirl orange in irritation, but they mellowed slightly at the offering and the pretty words.

 

((That's because there is no on else as magnificent as me,)) she said. Even as she took a big bite out of the herd beast, she said, ((But I prefer fish.))


sailyn2
 

Foreth snorted and lashed her tail. A sure sign of displeasure?

 

(Th most beautiful that you 'have talked to'? No. I'm the most beautiful on Pern.)) She drew herself up self-importantly. ((But yes, I will take fish. That is only my due.))


Steelsilver
 

((Of course I would choose only the most beautiful of golds to speak to first!)) Sunstreath asserted. ((And I will bring you fish, whenever you wish!)) A pause. ((Mine comes, to also meet you.))


On Monday, March 30, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Foreth snorted and lashed her tail. A sure sign of displeasure?

 

(Th most beautiful that you 'have talked to'? No. I'm the most beautiful on Pern.)) She drew herself up self-importantly. ((But yes, I will take fish. That is only my due.))



--
Sent from my phone!


sailyn2
 

((You are good at choosing things,)) Foreth said. ((Bring me a big fish. Yours may come and you can direct him where to get my itchy places.)) She flared her wings, the sun shining off of them, and then settled again.


Steelsilver
 

Sunstreath could not have puffed up any more, and with renewed zeal, the bronze began surveying the Lake for a properly sized fish. 

I'des arrived only a minute later, and Sunstreath, even distracted, sent Foreth an image of what His looked like.


On Wednesday, April 1, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
((You are good at choosing things,)) Foreth said. ((Bring me a big fish. Yours may come and you can direct him where to get my itchy places.)) She flared her wings, the sun shining off of them, and then settled again.



--
Sent from my phone!


sailyn2
 

Sunstreath had caught Foreth in a particularly good mood. I'des, too, as she didn't immediately send him away. Or rather have Kassia send him away as she was sitting at the shoreline with Brogan. The wher alerted to his presence and she looked up with a smile.

"Hello. Is that your bronze?"


Steelsilver
 

I'des halted so abruptly that he nearly tripped over his feet, eyes going wide as he registered first the wher- and then, with difficulty, shifted his gaze to the woman. It took him a moment more to identify the knots the woman wore, and then that she'd spoken- asked him a question. 

"...Aye, Weyrwoman." he answered, careful of each word and formal in a way that just didn't feel right. "I'm I'des, and my bronze is Sunstreath. Honored to meet you- and Foreth." 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 4:29 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Sunstreath had caught Foreth in a particularly good mood. I'des, too, as she didn't immediately send him away. Or rather have Kassia send him away as she was sitting at the shoreline with Brogan. The wher alerted to his presence and she looked up with a smile.

"Hello. Is that your bronze?"


sailyn2
 

"Nice to meet you," Kassia said. "How are you today? And don't mind Brogan, he won't hurt you."


Steelsilver
 

Was this a prank? Or was he really just standing here, talking to the Weyrwoman like it was no big deal? None of the golds at Ista had ever shown an interest in Sunstreath, after all. I'des gulped, trying and failing to relax. "Yes, Weyrwoman." he answered, and then promptly kicked himself inside for sounding like an idiot. 

"I'm lovely- I mean, it's lovely- I mean, ah, I'm well. Thank you, Weyrwoman." I'des was pretty sure his blush was visible, even under tanned skin, at this point. 

"That's a wher, right?" he added, with a nod toward the beast. "I keep seeing'em, and flitters, all over the place. I kind of want one- a flitter, I mean. At least, if Sunny would let my attention go anywhere else." 

{{You're Mine.}} the bronze only huffed, splashing back to shore to lay a large fish down in front of the golden queen. 


sailyn2
 

Kassia smiled, but was kind enough not to laugh at his nervousness. It was kind of cute.

"Yeah, that's Brogan. He's my guard. Don't try to hurt me and he won't hurt you." She glanced around at the plethora of flits. "If you want a flit and your dragon doesn't mind, it won't take much to get one. If you wait for a Gather you can always buy a smarter one from Callamere, too."

 

Foreth accepted the fish with a grunt, but her eyes whirled with pleasure.


Steelsilver
 

"Hurt *you*?" I'des was shaking his head in a negative almost before the Weyrwoman had finished speaking. "No way in Faranth." 

He paused, nodded to the wher, if awkwardly. "Hello Brogan." A pause, and then he was sighing, shaking his head. "I think Sunny would mind."

{{My name is Sunstreath.}} the bronze responded, deliberately broadcasting to both his rider and Foreth's. 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 5:36 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kassia smiled, but was kind enough not to laugh at his nervousness. It was kind of cute.

"Yeah, that's Brogan. He's my guard. Don't try to hurt me and he won't hurt you." She glanced around at the plethora of flits. "If you want a flit and your dragon doesn't mind, it won't take much to get one. If you wait for a Gather you can always buy a smarter one from Callamere, too."

 

Foreth accepted the fish with a grunt, but her eyes whirled with pleasure.


sailyn2
 

"I wasn't particularly worried about you," Kassia assured him.

Brogan rumbled at him in acknowledgement.

 

"Nice to meet you, Sunstreath. I like your name."

Foreth just grunted, less impressed.


Steelsilver
 

"I'm... flattered?" I'des tried. Yeah, that sounded right. "Ah, Weyrwoman? Do you mind if I- I sit nearby?" Not next to her. He had hardly enough rank or daring for *that*. 

He grinned, then, subconsciously relaxing at the praise to his bronze. "Sunstreath is the best bronze. 'Pologies if we interrupted anything though." 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 6:34 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

"I wasn't particularly worried about you," Kassia assured him.

Brogan rumbled at him in acknowledgement.

 

"Nice to meet you, Sunstreath. I like your name."

Foreth just grunted, less impressed.


sailyn2
 

She snorted. "Of course not. Go ahead. Apologies to your bronze if Foreth is being a brat to him. She's...not the nicest of golds."


Steelsilver
 

I'des plopped down in the sand nearby, with a shrug and another glance at the Weyrwoman. "It's all right. Sunstreath isn't the nicest bronze, but I think he's in awe of Foreth." He answered. "She hasn't been mean yet, from what I can feel, either."



--
Sent from my phone!


sailyn2
 

"A lot of dragons can't help but get taken in by golds. And Foreth, despite her behavior, gets lots of admirers, somehow." Kassia shrugged. "I don't question it. She's behaving, that's all I care about."


Steelsilver
 

"Between you and me, Sunstreath is usually the one scolding me to behave." I'des joked. "I think him volunteering to fish for her is supposed to be an example or something."



--
Sent from my phone!


sailyn2
 

"If I let Foreth scold me, she'd run all over me," Kassia said. "Not that she doesn't try." She shook her head. "She just scolds and runs all over everyone else. She likes having them at her beck and call."