Topics

#green One Short Day In The Emerald City ATTN ANY/ALL #green #attnany #attnall

Laura Walker

The Arolos Lake was a huge thing, easily big enough that what happened at one end might not be observable at the other. But water was water and made to mix and mingle no matter whether people understood the root cause.

A couple of sevendays ago a massive herd of wild herdbeast had chosen it as their place to stop just up past the Weyr, enjoying the lush vegetation that was only allowed a decent distance from human habitation. They stopped there for several days until the delight of dragons who discovered that dinner had chosen to come right to their doorstep convinced them to move on.

But what is eaten must come out -- and with herdbeast frequently into the water they bustled around. Into the water and down the waterfall into the main Arolos Lake. There algae feasted on it, growing and spreading on their new ample foodsource.

And fish feasted just as happily on the algae, swarming to it in great shoals, fighting for it at the surface of the water.

It meant that when the Weyrfolk woke it was to a Lake which had unexpectedly turned emerald green, and to dragons who were beside themselves at the teaming fish. After all, such feasts were not to be wasted!

OOC: Anyone who goes swimming, human, firelizard, or dragon, is getting turned green for a few days. Be warned!

sailyn2

Foreth stared at the water. It looked gross and surely not up to par for the finicky Queen. She needed a bath and to wallow and this would just not do. As she told Hers over and over and over. The first day things were starting to look bad Kassia gave in and agreed to a trip to their favorite and generally private lake. The next morning Foreth badgered her into a quick trip to the beach. But that afternoon when the demanding gold started her whining all over again, and then temper tantruming (which was always a fun thing for people and dragons around her to endure), Kassia refused to budge. Finally the need to submerge overwhelmed her and Foreth reluctantly headed for the green tinged lake.

Once she was there, Foreth, much like a cat, acted like it was her decision after all and strode head held high into the water, more and more of her sinking below the surface. The sight of the red-gold Queen slowly turning green under the algae was surely a sight.

Alyx

Nearby where Foreth was being so very dignified walking into the water. A tall man, D'vik was arguing with his blue Trometh about getting into the water.

"Come on Trometh, you know we've all heard it from the healers, the water is safe, and I've not got time to take you somewhere else this time." The man sounded tired, as if he'd made this point more than once already. Sitting on his shoulders were two bronze flits. Ready to help bath their big 'brother'. But Trometh, though he took a couple steps forwards and  looked into the slimy swirls, stopped just short of the water's edge.

((This does not look Right mine. Water should be clear, not green.)) It was clear that the big blue was pouting. He wanted clean water. Sparkling and pure. Not...this.

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 8:50 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
[...]

Foreth looked over and grumbled. If she could have made a face, she would have. If she had to put up with the green muck, then so would everyone else.

((You need to get into the water,)) she said matter-of-factly, not quite an order (whether compulsory or not), but her feelings on the issue were clear in her mindvoice, whirling eyes, and flick of her tail. The flick spread water around and a small amount splashed on Trometh's side.

Alyx

Trometh jumped, almost as if he'd been shocked. His first reaction of annoyance quickly gave way however, one just did not disrespect a queen. But that did not mean he had to enjoy things. Trometh heaved a great sigh, and gingerly walked into the green slime. He held his wings up as he waded in, not wishing to feel the slime on them.

((As you wish, Great One.)) It was clear that while respectful, he much rather would not have been here.

D'vik, watching the scene shook his head at Trometh's attitude. It wasn't often his dragon was so very stubborn. But he was grateful for the queen's help. As D'vik waded out with the bucket of brushes His younger bronze flit Elon took to the skies and hovered over the far side of Trometh from the queen. Unfortunately, Fabio wasn't so bright and was draped down the large man's back, staring at the green slime in fascination. Staring so hard in fact, that he didn't notice how close he was getting to the water, until his little head dipped into it. He jerked it back with a long trail of green slime hanging from his tiny wedge head.

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:43 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
Foreth looked over and grumbled. If she could have made a face, she would have. If she had to put up with the green muck, then so would everyone else.

((You need to get into the water,)) she said matter-of-factly, not quite an order (whether compulsory or not), but her feelings on the issue were clear in her mindvoice, whirling eyes, and flick of her tail. The flick spread water around and a small amount splashed on Trometh's side.

sailyn2

((Wings, too,)) Foreth  added, clearly not pleased at the roundabout flaunting of her semi-order. She shook her whole body irritably, sending a wave of green-tinged slime crashing against him and unfortunately D'vik. D'vik had committed no crimes other than being lifemate to the Blue. Come to think of it, that was crime enough. The flits committed far worse crimes for being there, but for the moment she refrained from chasing them off. On rare occasion the tiny pests were useful.

mglady3@...

((Wings, too,)) Foreth  added, clearly not pleased at the roundabout flaunting of her semi-order. She shook her whole body irritably, sending a wave of green-tinged slime crashing against him and unfortunately D'vik. D'vik had committed no crimes other than being lifemate to the Blue. Come to think of it, that was crime enough. The flits committed far worse crimes for being there, but for the moment she refrained from chasing them off. On rare occasion the tiny pests were useful.

Razelth sat on the shore nearby, her already green tinged hide proof that she, unlike some, had felt no reluctance at sampling the waters. In fact, in that relationship, it had been Delysia who had been leery. But Delysia was busy and not in a position to intervene, so as far Razelth was concerned, that was as good as granting permission. {{Look!}} She said cheerfully. {{I can make pictures with my tail!}} She announced proudly as she swirled greenish slime across a nearby rock surface with said appendage. An extra energetic swirl sent green slime airborne, where it had the potential to catch an unlucky passerby.

sailyn2

Nearly anyone would have been missed, but Foreth had a semi-secret soft spot for her granddaughter though their temperaments were vastly different. She waded a little closer, and stretched out her long, red-gold (or previously before the green coating was added) out to have a look.

((What are you making?))

mglady3@...

Nearly anyone would have been missed, but Foreth had a semi-secret soft spot for her granddaughter though their temperaments were vastly different. She waded a little closer, and stretched out her long, red-gold (or previously before the green coating was added) out to have a look.

((What are you making?))
_._,_._,_
~~~~~~

Razelth paused and, as if it'd only just then occurred her that she ought to be making *something*, leaned forward to peer at the now green-splattered rock. {{I think that's a dragon there.}} She pronounced confidently, pointing one claw at one green blob. {{And that there can be a fish.}} She added, pointing at another, slightly smaller green blob.

Alyx

Trometh sighed deeply as he settled into the water. The younger of his rider's flits settled on his head cheeping in a sympathetic manner. Fabio, still clinging to D'vik's shoulder now had a greenish head, though the rest of him was clean so far. Not that it would last, not with Fabio.

D'vik himself wasn't too happy about being green either, but one did what one had to. He watched the queens sloshing around and patted his large blue on the shoulder saying "See Trometh, you aren't alone. Looks like everyone will be green."

Trometh simply grunted at his rider, though when Razelth splashed some of the gunk up on a rock, despite himself he was intrigued and watched the show. While he didn't see the 'dragon' in the muck, the smaller blob did indeed look like a fish. ((That is a nice fish Razelth. It is very pretty.))

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:57 PM <mglady3@...> wrote:

Nearly anyone would have been missed, but Foreth had a semi-secret soft spot for her granddaughter though their temperaments were vastly different. She waded a little closer, and stretched out her long, red-gold (or previously before the green coating was added) out to have a look.

((What are you making?))

Amy Frazey

Nerenth had, of course, heard that the fish were to be found in the lake, in huge schools that were just waiting to be caught and eaten. And of course, being that he was always so in need of a bath to get the dust off his hide, he decided that killing two wherries with one bite was a *very good idea*. And so, into the lake he went, not having heard or seen yet the effect it was having on the other fishing dragons.

Of course, he had to contend with others who were fishing and bathing as well, including the gold Foreth. But the fish were so abundant that there should be plenty for everyone, even a horde of hungry dragons, right?

sailyn2

((I don't think that looks much like a dragon,)) Foreth replied overly honestly. No being diplomatic, though she wasn't rude about it. Just matter-of-fact.

She peered at the other blob. ((That could be a fish, I guess.))

mglady3@...

 {{No?}} Razelth asked, her mental tones cheery and not at offended as she leaned forward for another look. {{I suppose not. Perhaps it can be a fish as well. A very large fish.}} She reached out a claw and sliced the large blob down the middle, forming two smaller blob. {{Or two sibling fishes.}} She amended cheerfully.

{{You should give it a try, too.}} She urged Foreth. {{See if you can make a fish as well.}}