Topics

I made this. Honest. (Attention: Ishkana

Laura Walker

"Thanks. Two minutes and I'll join you," Cremsden promised. Another glance about and this time he found what he was looking for. He beckoned to Ishkana. "Hey kid. Over here a minute, couple of jobs for you."

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:
Ishi was just finishing up some notes when she heard her name and the question that followed.  Standing she stretched and then smiled over at  Cremsden, "of course, I'd be happy to help."  She probably wouldn't even have to do anything. Some people where just happy to have another person in the room if they were nervous.

Walking into the room she smiled softly at Tareg, "hello I'm Ishixi."

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:55 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Well, you'll find it's different for most people here -- Healers included!" Cremsden turned to offer him a quick grin. "Not many places have Infirmaries this big -- the major holds you might find a few Healers working together but Infirmaries this size are pretty much Weyr only. More injuries in Weyrs, see, comes from fighting Fall. Good for us, means we get better equipment and the facilities to train people but a bit intimidating if you're not used to it, yeah?" He dried his hands briskly on the nearby towel. "Now let's see who we've got out here. Two minutes and I'll be back," he promised, stepping out.

A complete lack of female Senior Apprentices was what they had. Bad timing in terms of shift patterns. Cremsden grimaced, and went to the next best option.

"Hey, Ishixi, you free for a bit?" he called over. "Would you mind sitting in with me for a patient? Got a kid and I think he'd be less scared with a female in the room."

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Cassandra Coogan <Aroloscass@...> wrote:
Tareg frowned slightly before giving a nod. “Been ages since I had some Klah.” He admitted. He looked at the ground, giving a shrug. “I ain’t- I never actually seen a Healer before.” He admitted. “Was always tol’ta stay clear of’em.” He forced himself to exhale. “I don- I don’t mind iffen you need help. No sure I c’n get comfortable ‘ere. It’s too different.” He froze, lips pursing. Too much- he said tooshardin much. They would figure it out and send him back. Healers were clever. Almost as clever as Harpers. He well and truly fecked up.

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Okay."  Cremsden looked at him for a moment. "What I'd like to do, lad, is invite one of the senior apprentices in here. That helps me for note-taking and means that you've got a little assurance that if you think I'm about to do anything you don't like at any point their job is to make sure I stop. Do you think that would make you a little more comfortable?" He turned to wash his hands as he spoke, speaking over his shoulder. "And that is a guarantee in here. Doesn't matter if you're ten or twenty, you yell out that you don't want me to do a thing, I back off. I don't do that and I can get in a good deal of trouble. Would *you* like a klah, by the by?"

Lindsay

Ishkana looked up, trying not to bristle at being called kid. Well, she supposed that Cremsden *was* much, much older than her. "Yes sir?" She was happy to be given any jobs at the minute, it broke up the intensive studying she was doing.

On 21 August 2018 at 11:08, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
[...]

"First job, grab -- eh, make it three klahs and a tray of whatever snacks the breakroom has to offer and bring them through to that room there, you see?" Cremsden gestured. "Better  add a bowl of sweetener too or we'll poison the poor kid. After that you'll find a bluerider in the waiting room -- easy to find, bad leg and a stick. Go double-check with him that he doesn't want a klah and then get a patient history from him for the kid he just brought in, got it? We need to know all about the kid and what happened to him -- ask everything you think relevant, take notes and we'll go through later to see if there's anything you missed. That okay?"

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
[...]

Blinking a little at the rapid instructions, Ishkana processed them. Three klahs and snacks, and sweetener first. Then bluerider, klah, patient history. Take notes. "Yes sir, got it." She hurried off and poured three mugs of the steaming strong klah they generally had in the infirmary, putting the mugs, a bowl of sweetener and a spoon on a tray. Next she loaded a plate with small meatrolls, fruit and a small piece of cheese before adding them to the tray and carrying the whole lot to the room Cremsden had indicated. As her hands were full she knocked on the door with the ball of her foot.