Topics

Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble

Rhosgen liked the stew.
He hoped that it would be a regular dish in the dining hall, and ate it all down quickly.
He leaned against a tree as he nibbled on a bread roll, nose wrinkling as someone near him started cuddling their friend.
And then started undressing their friend.
Rhosgen stared, expecting one of the Masters to yell at them.
That stuff wasn't supposed to be in public!
And now he was starting to feel ...weird.
His hand tightened around the bread roll, and he looked around, starting to feel anxious.
What was happening?!
He turned and ran into the trees.

Rhosgen woke up in the morning, a ruined bread roll still in his hand, and sat up, looking around at all the trees.
He couldn't hear anyone.
"Hello?" He said, hoping someone would answer.
Nothing.
He remembered everyone cuddling each other back at the camp, and...doing other things.
He'd run away, and now he was lost.
His lip wobbled, and he started to cry.

(OOC: Rhosgen is 12, looks way older so wasn't shooed away from the stew. He's not very far from the camp but doesn't know that.)

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018, 12:57 PM Rabble Rabble, <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Ikol understood why guards got sent along with foraging groups.
It was necessary, even if hearing excited comments about yet another leaf was really dull, so as he kept an eye out he thought about what to have his next Gather dress made out of.

Plants. Ugh.
And yet more plants. How exciting.

It seemed that nothing exciting was likely to happen today, so when he spotted familiar berries as the smell of a nearly cooked stew was calling to him, he didn't hesitate to drop them in.
Everyone would be happier after some passionberries, after all.

Laura Walker

[...]

The good thing about being at a camp in the woods, as far as Tyren was concerned, was that he needed neither R'tal or K'ren to be feeling cooperative to take himself on a walk in the early hours. Usually such walks were big treats, allowed only when K'ren was getting back late from an Infirmary shift and feeling awake enough to manage it. For a wher who much preferred being active in the dark hours being able to take himself away on a hunting expedition was a delight.

He was padding back with the remnants of a young wherry still locked in his jaws when he heard something and switched his path to wander towards it. Might be more food, or something small and wriggly to chase and play with or-- or a person. People were good fun; people who were making that strange sobbing noise probably needed help. Or possibly food which, luckily, he had. He dropped the half-wherry at Rhosgen's feet and sat down with a thump. ((Hello.))

Rabble Rabble

Movement caught Rhosgen's attention as the wherry dropped to the ground, and he tried to stop crying.
He was too big for that, what if the Candidate Master's decided he wasn't grown up enough for a dragon?
Some of the Candidate Master's were a bit scary.
"Hello," he managed back, still sniffing, and vaguely wondering why the voice sounded odd.

Laura Walker

Movement caught Rhosgen's attention as the wherry dropped to the ground, and he tried to stop crying.
He was too big for that, what if the Candidate Master's decided he wasn't grown up enough for a dragon?
Some of the Candidate Master's were a bit scary.
"Hello," he managed back, still sniffing, and vaguely wondering why the voice sounded odd.
_._,_._,
((Hello!)) Tyren repeated, a cheerful echo as he nudged the wherry closer. ((Hungry? Bring food!)) And never mind that half a raw wherry probably wasn't everyone's cup of klah; particularly when brought by a brown wher the size of a small pony.

Rabble Rabble

Rhosgen finished rubbing at his face, and realised that there was a WHER talking to him.
"Ah," he said eloquently.
He looked at the wherry, wondering what he was supposed to do with it.
He'd cooked fish on the beach with other seacraft brats, but how did you prepare a wherry?
"Thank you," he said, wishing he wasn't lost and was back at the camp.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018, 4:35 AM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

_._,_._,
((Hello!)) Tyren repeated, a cheerful echo as he nudged the wherry closer. ((Hungry? Bring food!)) And never mind that half a raw wherry probably wasn't everyone's cup of klah; particularly when brought by a brown wher the size of a small pony.

Laura Walker

Rhosgen finished rubbing at his face, and realised that there was a WHER talking to him.
"Ah," he said eloquently.
He looked at the wherry, wondering what he was supposed to do with it.
He'd cooked fish on the beach with other seacraft brats, but how did you prepare a wherry?
"Thank you," he said, wishing he wasn't lost and was back at the camp.

((Ty good boy,)) Tyren explained happily. He lunged forward - a slightly terrifying gesture, though it was only meant to give the boy the kind of friendly head-butt that frequently had R'tal sitting down hard.

Rabble Rabble

Rhosgen was still a bit addled, and the head butt pushed him onto his back. He stared up at the tree canopy in surprise and then started to laugh.
Good thing it wasn't a caprine, he thought, remembering his roommate's story about his ribs.
"Ty very good boy." He replied, feeling better somehow.

Laura Walker

Rhosgen was still a bit addled, and the head butt pushed him onto his back. He stared up at the tree canopy in surprise and then started to laugh.
Good thing it wasn't a caprine, he thought, remembering his roommate's story about his ribs.
"Ty very good boy." He replied, feeling better somehow.
_._,_._,_
The wher grunted, apparently satisfied with that, and shifted back. Rhosgen clearly wasn't eating the wherry right now so he picked it back up, hefting it easily in his jaws. ((Follow,)) he directed firmly.

Rabble Rabble

Follow?
Rhosgen turned on his side to look at the wher.
"You know where the camp is?" He asked, getting excited as he scrambled to his feet, a few leaves stuck in his hair.

Laura Walker

((Follow, follow,)) Tyren agreed. ((Find Tal.)) He dropped the wherry and took a firm hold of the boy’s arm - firm enough to feel teeth but gentle enough not to hurt. He could pull him - but that would mean leaving the wherry. It was easy to see him hesitate, thinking that through. ((You carry meat?))

On 16 Aug 2018, at 10:23, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:

Follow?
Rhosgen turned on his side to look at the wher.
"You know where the camp is?" He asked, getting excited as he scrambled to his feet, a few leaves stuck in his hair.

Rabble Rabble

Rhosgen looked at the dead face of the wherry for a moment before nodding.
It wasn't a fish but if it got the wher to get him un-lost then he'd do it.
He picked the dead wherry up and let the wher guide him, trying not to think about how the wherry felt in his grasp.

Laura Walker

Rhosgen looked at the dead face of the wherry for a moment before nodding.
It wasn't a fish but if it got the wher to get him un-lost then he'd do it.
He picked the dead wherry up and let the wher guide him, trying not to think about how the wherry felt in his grasp.
_._,_._,_

And Tyren led him back to camp, stepping calmly over and between sleeping partially dressed and undressed bodies that in some cases were still curled around each other. ((Find Tal?)) he suggested brightly.

Rabble Rabble

Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity.
Eeew.
And was THAT the...
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized.
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right?