Topics

Surely That Is What Numbweed Smells Like Attn Any #medhunt

Laura Walker

If you were going to volunteer for a Healer trip without any real skills, you couldn't really complain about what job you were given. And as R'tal had mostly come along to ensure K'ren didn't accidentally get himself eaten by whers he didn't really mind what they actually set him to do.

Still, from the way K'ren had talked about it you would have thought that watching numbweed stew was one of the most unpleasant jobs on earth.He'd talked of it in a way that suggested that if he'd tried to do it near the Weyr there might be a barrage of complaints at the very least. R'tal sniffed and shrugged. It didn't smell too badly to him, but then what did he know?

"This is an easier job than I expected," he commented to those tasked with watching with him, giving the pot an idle stir. "Is there anything we're meant to do other than watch it for burning?"

Jerzy Tobin

> "This is an easier job than I expected," he commented to those tasked with watching with him, giving the pot an idle stir. "Is there anything we're meant to do other than watch it for burning?"

"Dunno," L'eo replied, watching his own pot.  "I only ever handled the finished stuff."

When he'd been assigned this job, the young blue rider had been as annoyed as anyone would be, given all the stories about how bad it smelled, but this?  This wasn't too bad.

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted, and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Dunno," L'eo replied, watching his own pot.  "I only ever handled the finished stuff."

When he'd been assigned this job, the young blue rider had been as annoyed as anyone would be, given all the stories about how bad it smelled, but this?  This wasn't too bad.

"Maybe we should have asked more questions." R'tal got up to stir the pot, getting the numbweed a half-hearted prod before he sat back down. "So. What got you all the way out here?"

Jerzy Tobin

"Maybe we should have asked more questions." R'tal got up to stir the pot, getting the numbweed a half-hearted prod before he sat back down. "So. What got you all the way out here?"
"Could do that. But then we might get put on something that really
does stink," L'eo said with a shrug and a grin. This wasn't so bad a
job, and he'd hate to get put on something worse if it sounded like he
was complaining about this task.

"Ah, well, they needed volunteers, yeah? Kinda boring, stuck in the
Weyrling Wing all the time."

One of the downfalls of Impressing at a young age; you couldn't just
graduate to one of the actual Wings until you were at least 16, and
L'eo had another turn to go before that happened. At least he'd have
plenty of basic experience before then. And, though he wouldn't say
it out loud, and certainly not to R'tal, it was a chance to spend time
with his dad, however indirectly. Being assigned to the same chore as
him at least gave L'eo a chance to chat with R'tal. At least here he
would be noticed, even if just a bit.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Could do that.  But then we might get put on something that really
does stink," L'eo said with a shrug and a grin.  This wasn't so bad a
job, and he'd hate to get put on something worse if it sounded like he
was complaining about this task.

"Ah, well, they needed volunteers, yeah?  Kinda boring, stuck in the
Weyrling Wing all the time."

One of the downfalls of Impressing at a young age; you couldn't just
graduate to one of the actual Wings until you were at least 16, and
L'eo had another turn to go before that happened.  At least he'd have
plenty of basic experience before then.  And, though he wouldn't say
it out loud, and certainly not to R'tal, it was a chance to spend time
with his dad, however indirectly.  Being assigned to the same chore as
him at least gave L'eo a chance to chat with R'tal.  At least here he
would be noticed, even if just a bit.

Though R'tal was giving him looks that suggested he at least vaguely recalled that he *should* remember him even if he couldn't quite remember why.

"You one of the kids they've got helping the Healers then? I remember K'ren saying something about there being more of them about after that clutch of little dragons."