Topics

Oops, sorry... (attn F'gan / Ishkana)

Lindsay

Ishkana was starting to settle into Weyr life but she still had trouble remembering where everything was. For this reason she went to breakfast early so there was time in case she got lost to get to the infirmary. She was on her way out of the Dining Hall at a scurry when she ploughed into a man. Looking up she glanced quickly at his knots.

"I'm very sorry, bluerider sir. My duty to your dragon." she quickly stammered, embarrassment colouring her face.

Yvonne

F'gan moved towards the dining hall at a near run. He was starving. He had gotten up at the sunrise to sketch. He liked watching the sunrise over the Weyr and that quiet time gave him a part of his dad where he could ground himself and get ready for the day. Sunrise was usually quiet and peaceful, unless it was one of those rare days where the Fall came to intrude on that ritual.

At this moment though he needed some good Klah and breakfast. He was so focused that he did not see the girl that he almost ran over like a Dragon in a mating frenzy.

He looked down at her and then reached out to steady her. He looked down at her and smiled. "Are you all right and I should be apologizing." he said softly. He was going to say something else but the necklace she ware around her neck stopped him. It could not be possible!

Lindsay

"I'm fine sir, thank you." Ishkana managed a smile in return, which faded into puzzlement as the bluerider was staring at something. Had she dropped crumbs down her tunic front? She glanced quickly down and raised a hand to brush them off, just in case. Hopefully not some fruit preserve! She'd have to go change if so.

On 4 August 2018 at 13:41, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:

F'gan moved towards the dining hall at a near run. He was starving. He had gotten up at the sunrise to sketch. He liked watching the sunrise over the Weyr and that quiet time gave him a part of his dad where he could ground himself and get ready for the day. Sunrise was usually quiet and peaceful, unless it was one of those rare days where the Fall came to intrude on that ritual.

At this moment though he needed some good Klah and breakfast. He was so focused that he did not see the girl that he almost ran over like a Dragon in a mating frenzy.

He looked down at her and then reached out to steady her. He looked down at her and smiled. "Are you all right and I should be apologizing." he said softly. He was going to say something else but the necklace she ware around her neck stopped him. It could not be possible!

Yvonne

F'gan smiled at her. "I should have been minding where I was going, so I should be apologizing." he said calling on all his powers as a Harper to keep his voice in check.

His blue eyes caught sight of the seashell around her neck and it was almost as if all of Pern had been shifted on its axis. He recognized that shell. He had given the shell to Kanali after one of their many meetings and swims in the lake. He had made it a habit to give her one at every meeting.

He blinked. If this girl had the shell, the last shell from their last meeting, it could only mean one thing. This was his daughter. He blinked again.

Lindsay

"It's not necessary sir, but thank you." Ishkana made to step past the rider, but he was blinking in a strange way. "Sir, are you okay? You seem a little... well, confused. Is something the matter?"

On 4 August 2018 at 14:04, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
F'gan smiled at her. "I should have been minding where I was going, so I should be apologizing." he said calling on all his powers as a Harper to keep his voice in check.

His blue eyes caught sight of the seashell around her neck and it was almost as if all of Pern had been shifted on its axis. He recognized that shell. He had given the shell to Kanali after one of their many meetings and swims in the lake. He had made it a habit to give her one at every meeting.

He blinked. If this girl had the shell, the last shell from their last meeting, it could only mean one thing. This was his daughter. He blinked again.

Yvonne

He smiled at her. "Where were you headed in such a ruse?"

Her next question made him blink. "Yes. Your necklace reminded me of someone and of home is all." he told her still smiling.

Shards! Had she seen his surprise and shock? He hoped not.

Lindsay

Ishkana blushed and looked at the floor. "I still get lost sometimes," she admitted, keeping her eyes down. "I give myself extra time to get to the infirmary so I'm not late." She looked up then in surprise. "My necklace?" Her hand curved protectively around it. As the only thing she had from her mother, it was very precious to her. It reminded him of home how? "Where's home? Not here, sir?" Oh, that was nosey of her. She dropped her eyes again, another blush staining her face. "Sorry sir, I should let you get your breakfast, not ask you personal questions."

On 4 August 2018 at 14:23, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
He smiled at her. "Where were you headed in such a ruse?"

Her next question made him blink. "Yes. Your necklace reminded me of someone and of home is all." he told her still smiling.

Shards! Had she seen his surprise and shock? He hoped not.

Yvonne

F'gan chuckled. "Ah a Healer then?" he asked.

He smiled more. "Ista was home originally but Arolos gets that pleasure. C'mon then, I will walk you to the infirmary to see that you do not get lost, though I think everyone gets lost in new places."

Lindsay

"Just an apprentice, and a new one at that." Ishkana sighed. She really hadn't been able to learn much at her old hold, but she was getting on reasonably well here. "There's lots to learn. But what about your breakfast, sir?" She didn't know very much about Ista. It was an island Weyr, that was about as far as it went in her head. And she wasn't important enough to be taking up his time.

On 4 August 2018 at 14:47, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
F'gan chuckled. "Ah a Healer then?" he asked.

He smiled more. "Ista was home originally but Arolos gets that pleasure. C'mon then, I will walk you to the infirmary to see that you do not get lost, though I think everyone gets lost in new places."

Yvonne

"Ahh I see. I remember being your age and new at Harper Hall. I have no idea how many times I got lost looking for classrooms. Breakfast can wait a bit longer, I don't mind." he told her. "As to learning, there always is when its something new to you be it a Hall or Weyr."

Lindsay

Ishkana shrugged. It still seemed a pretty strange place, if a bluerider would delay his breakfast to talk to her. "As you wish, sir," she said. "What was it like at the Harper Hall, sir?" She'd heard of it, of course, but apart from the harper at her old hold, she didn't know anyone who'd been.

On 4 August 2018 at 15:11, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
"Ahh I see. I remember being your age and new at Harper Hall. I have no idea how many times I got lost looking for classrooms. Breakfast can wait a bit longer, I don't mind." he told her. "As to learning, there always is when its something new to you be it a Hall or Weyr."

Yvonne

"Well that way you do not get lost." he said with a smile. He slowly steered her in the direction of the infirmary as they talked. "It is busy and very many classes, though what you take depends on the path you are taking in the Hall. My drawing skills found me being trained to be an archivist."

Lindsay

"An archivist... that's someone that keeps records, sir?" Ishkana queried. It wasn't quite to her taste, but she knew she'd have to keep records in the infirmary. "Did you learn how to write well? I need more practice..."

On 5 August 2018 at 09:08, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
"Well that way you do not get lost." he said with a smile. He slowly steered her in the direction of the infirmary as they talked. "It is busy and very many classes, though what you take depends on the path you are taking in the Hall. My drawing skills found me being trained to be an archivist."

Yvonne

"It is. Record keeping is important. And indeed I did and I draw and paint. I could help you in your free time, if you would like."

Lindsay

Ishkana's brows drew together. Why would he offer to help her? Before she could think about being discreet, she'd blurted it out. "Why would you help me, sir? I've never met you before today."

On 5 August 2018 at 10:09, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
"It is. Record keeping is important. And indeed I did and I draw and paint. I could help you in your free time, if you would like."

Yvonne

F'gan blinked at the outburst and was, for some inner reason, amused at the display. He was sure that she had gotten it from him. "Why? You're in the weyr dear girl, and I doubt you will find someone that is Archivist trained." He took a breath and then said softly. "That and.... I knew your mother."

Lindsay

Ishkana stopped dead in her tracks. The archivist training, she could accept, but the other thing? She clasped her necklace protectively, as if shielding it from him. "How could you know her?"

On 5 August 2018 at 10:51, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:

F'gan blinked at the outburst and was, for some inner reason, amused at the display. He was sure that she had gotten it from him. "Why? You're in the weyr dear girl, and I doubt you will find someone that is Archivist trained." He took a breath and then said softly. "That and.... I knew your mother."

Yvonne

"Did she ever speak of knowing a ride from Ista?" he asked her watching her face.

Lindsay

Ishkana's face suddenly closed up, like a shut book. "No," she said shortly. It seemed rude but she couldn't help it. She couldn't remember her mother saying anything to her at all. All she had was the mental image of her mother's hands putting the necklace over her head, and that was becoming fuzzy with time.

On 5 August 2018 at 11:02, Yvonne <kaliangelkat@...> wrote:
"Did she ever speak of knowing a ride from Ista?" he asked her watching her face.

Yvonne

"I see. I did not mean to upset you dear. I am sorry." he said to her, meaning it as he watched her.