Topics

Nothing to see here #medhunt @re@everyone #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble

Ikol understood why guards got sent along with foraging groups.
It was necessary, even if hearing excited comments about yet another leaf was really dull, so as he kept an eye out he thought about what to have his next Gather dress made out of.

Plants. Ugh.
And yet more plants. How exciting.

It seemed that nothing exciting was likely to happen today, so when he spotted familiar berries as the smell of a nearly cooked stew was calling to him, he didn't hesitate to drop them in.
Everyone would be happier after some passionberries, after all.

Mya L. R.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Ikol understood why guards got sent along with foraging groups.
It was necessary, even if hearing excited comments about yet another leaf was really dull, so as he kept an eye out he thought about what to have his next Gather dress made out of.

Plants. Ugh.
And yet more plants. How exciting.

It seemed that nothing exciting was likely to happen today, so when he spotted familiar berries as the smell of a nearly cooked stew was calling to him, he didn't hesitate to drop them in.
Everyone would be happier after some passionberries, after all.

Jorgana didn't leave the Weyr often.  Of course all this medicine jiggery-pokery went well over her head too, but she'd recognized that an expedition like this would need some music to keep people going in-between their chores.  So she'd came along, along with her flute.  There was a nice area in the center eating area that'd be perfect for playing everyone a few little tunes...once her stomach wasn't rumbling so eagerly like it had started doing the moment she'd gotten close enough to catch a whiff of the food.  The 33 Turn old woman made her way over to get herself a bowl and took 2 ladles out of the pot.  After which she moved away to find herself a place to settle in while eating.

--------

It'd been a fairly active day so far and K'gra left Citruse to be napping under Tambrath's watchful eye.  The smell drew K'gra in pretty quick the moment he caught the scent of it and didn't hesitate to head over to get himself his meal.  It looked about as good as it smelled, at least it did for someone that'd been out foraging rather than hovering over numbweed pots.  He got himself a fairly good serving before moving away, reluctantly to give the next person room to get their meal.

--------

Food was neccessary for life to flurish.  One could go without it for a while...but why would they bother when there was food readily available?  K'dayr thought, lagging behind those who'd been first to arrive for their food.  It'd taken him a little extra time to finish what he'd been doing and even then he'd thought about double checking everything to make sure everything looked okay...but the food.  He inhaled a deep breath as he approached the stew pot, smiling brightly as he dished out some for himself then walked away.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Jenna Cunningham

Asheran picked around the base of a narrow tree, sifting through tangled clumps of weeds, prickly bushes, rotting leaves and fallen branches. He was trying to stick to the shade without drifting too far from the rest of the group, with mixed results. This put him squarely on the other side of the camp from the numbweed pots - which was fine by him - but not too far from the stew pot, which was a temptation in and of itself. It had been a few hours now since they'd started, and all he had to show for it were a few new nicks on his already tannercraft-scabbed hands where thorns had cut and tugged at his skin during a careless moment.

He straightened with a wince and rubbed his torn knuckles again, looking about. His stomach was starting to growl, and he again eyed the stew pot - but the heat that way was miserable, and there seemed to be a line up anyway. He'd go after it died down, despite the growing gnaw in his belly, and --

As his gaze slid away, his attention caught on something else: a little white flower struggling gamefully to grow beneath the soft, mushy part of a fallen bit of bark. It sort of looked like a flit, curling around a cracked pebble down there, and the conversation he'd overheard a week or two ago between two of the other Candidates jumped immediately to mind. He wasn't generally one to believe in that sort of thing, but that was back in the barracks - and now here he was, and it couldn't hurt to hedge his bets, could it?

With a pinch and twist, he popped the flower from its stem and, without a second's hesitation, stuffed it into the worn leather satchel he'd brought along. Then, hedging his bets further, he tugged the stem out with the root still attached, shook off the dirt, and tucked that away too. There were a lot of Candidates, after all. He didn't want to miss out when the time came.

He looked toward the stew pot again, quieted another growl of his stomach, then bent over and began scrabbling through the bush with a bull-headed determination. He'd find more of those flowers. Maybe he'd even pass extras out to his friends - though when he thought of who he might give a flower to, his mind came up blank.

He paused, smoothing down his short beard. It had taken him an entire Turn of shaving and grooming and fussing over it for it to come back in this way, without any patchy bare spots. He was as proud of it as a clutching dragon of her eggs.

Which brought him back full circle to the little white flowers.

So he redoubled his efforts, grinning like a dragon among the wherries.

Jerzy Tobin

Ikol understood why guards got sent along with foraging groups.
It was necessary, even if hearing excited comments about yet another leaf was really dull, so as he kept an eye out he thought about what to have his next Gather dress made out of.

Plants. Ugh.
And yet more plants. How exciting.

It seemed that nothing exciting was likely to happen today, so when he spotted familiar berries as the smell of a nearly cooked stew was calling to him, he didn't hesitate to drop them in.
Everyone would be happier after some passionberries, after all.
Stewing numbweed was a necessary chore, but one that Yla - like most
people - despised. But it had to be done, and given that she was
still technically recovering from her bout of the measles and was on
relatively 'light' duty, stewing the medical plant was the chore she'd
been assigned. So the young green rider was more than happy when her
chance for a break came up, and she could get away from the stinking
pots and find some fresher air.

That fresher air also carried the scent of delicious stew, and while
it wasn't as hard as say, chopping and gathering the numbweed or wood
or whatnot, stewing was still hungry work, and Yla was happy to help
herself to a heaping bowl of stew to fill the empty space in her
belly.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Alyx

While D'vik hardly knew one plant from another, he was a large, strong man, and  a good worker. The Healers had mostly put him to work clearing brush, moving heavy bundles and such labor heavy, but uncomplicated tasks. Not that he wasn't smart enough to do more. But he'd signed up on this lil trip just for things like this. A chance for sun, fresh air, and losing himself in simple tasks.

Simple, maybe, but these things were hard work indeed. By the time he was ready to take a break, it looked like someone had set up a pot of stew. The smell was almost intoxicating to a man who'd been working hard all day long. So on the way over to get something to eat, D'vik stopped at a small stream, took off his shirt, dunked it into the water and used it to wipe himself off some. One thing he'd always hated was being too dirty to enjoy a good meal. Thus refreshed, D'vik grabbed a bowl from the pile and served himself up a generous helping of stew, and grabbed a couple of the rolls that some kind soul had left in a covered basket near the pot. D'vik looked around, for a shady spot to get out of the sun. With his shirt over one shoulder, and food in each hand he made his way to a tall redfruit tree and kicked away a few rocks as he picked a spot to settle in.