Topics

Surely That Is What Numbweed Smells Like Attn Any #medhunt

Laura Walker

If you were going to volunteer for a Healer trip without any real skills, you couldn't really complain about what job you were given. And as R'tal had mostly come along to ensure K'ren didn't accidentally get himself eaten by whers he didn't really mind what they actually set him to do.

Still, from the way K'ren had talked about it you would have thought that watching numbweed stew was one of the most unpleasant jobs on earth.He'd talked of it in a way that suggested that if he'd tried to do it near the Weyr there might be a barrage of complaints at the very least. R'tal sniffed and shrugged. It didn't smell too badly to him, but then what did he know?

"This is an easier job than I expected," he commented to those tasked with watching with him, giving the pot an idle stir. "Is there anything we're meant to do other than watch it for burning?"

Yvonne

"As I recall I think we just need to stir it and keep the heat even." Said F'gan joining his assigned group.

sailyn2

"It gets worse as it cooks," Kashara piped up and made a face. It wasn't the first time she'd "volunteered" for such things. And by "voluntereed" it meant "They were short on people, someone complained about it in Kassia's direction, and word had come up of some infraction Kashara had been involved with". That Sarati had never been subjected to such things wasn't the point. Kassia liked to pretend that such punishments were keeping things fair.

At least there was some satisfaction at being along side the man who was often Weyrleader or WeyrSecond. And partly she enjoyed that she did know the man.

Feeling grown up, though she far from qualified next to the venerable man, she asked him, "How are you doing?" There was a hint of her mother in her voice, though she wasn't nearly the spitting image Sarati was.