Topics

What will I be? (Attn: Cremsden, Jerronila)

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila looked into the infirmary, a thin braid falling in front of her left eye as she leaned forward.
The infirmary was quiet at the moment, and she plucked up her courage and entered, heading towards the first person who had Healers knots on their shoulder.

"Um, Hello, sir." Jerronila said, her fingers tapping nervously on her leg dispite the rest of her showing nothing but confidence.

OOC: Set a day or two before her cousin shows up.

Laura Walker

Jerronila looked into the infirmary, a thin braid falling in front of her left eye as she leaned forward.
The infirmary was quiet at the moment, and she plucked up her courage and entered, heading towards the first person who had Healers knots on their shoulder.

"Um, Hello, sir." Jerronila said, her fingers tapping nervously on her leg dispite the rest of her showing nothing but confidence.

"Tch!" Cremsden was friendly enough, but counting pills was counting pills and if you stopped mid-way that was a lot of counting to start again from the beginning. He made a quick 'hush' gesture with one hand, eyes on his task. "Two minutes."

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila didn't catch what the journeyman said, but the hand gesture seemed pretty self explanatory.
She shut up, and looked around for someone else to introduce herself to, the fake confidence on her face starting to slip as she wondered if she'd already made a mistake.

Laura Walker

It took a few minutes for Cremsden to finish what he was doing and then he turned to see who had interrupted him, his expression gentling a little as he realised how very young his interrupter was. "Now then, sweetheart, you needing a Healer?" he asked, deftly adding the lid to the bottle.

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila was peering down the length of the room, wondering who to approach when she heard something, and turned to see what it was.
The journeyman was looking at her now, and had said... something.
"What?" She said, forgetting to say an entire sentence as she kept tapping her fingers.

Laura Walker

Jerronila was peering down the length of the room, wondering who to approach when she heard something, and turned to see what it was.
The journeyman was looking at her now, and had said... something.
"What?" She said, forgetting to say an entire sentence as she kept tapping her fingers.

Cremsden wasn't a tall man anyway, but this time he crouched down to her as he might have to a younger child, pill-pot still in one hand as he went down to one knee to look her in the eyes. "Are you poorly?" he asked directly. "Or have you hurt yourself?"

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila blinked in surprise. Adults never talked to her on an equal height, they always talked down at her.
"Um, no. I..."
Ugh, she thought, trying to work out what to say without sounding pathetic. Pathetic-er.
"I need to decide what craft to 'prentice in, sir, and I don't know anyone here. Except for Aunt, but she's busy."
It was really odd to have an adults face level while talking to them.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:48 AM,

Cremsden wasn't a tall man anyway, but this time he crouched down to her as he might have to a younger child, pill-pot still in one hand as he went down to one knee to look her in the eyes. "Are you poorly?" he asked directly. "Or have you hurt yourself?"

Laura Walker

Jerronila blinked in surprise. Adults never talked to her on an equal height, they always talked down at her.
"Um, no. I..."
Ugh, she thought, trying to work out what to say without sounding pathetic. Pathetic-er.
"I need to decide what craft to 'prentice in, sir, and I don't know anyone here. Except for Aunt, but she's busy."
It was really odd to have an adults face level while talking to them.

"And you're thinking you might like it in here?" Cremsden smiled at her, even as he glanced over her, mentally weighing her up. "How old are you, sweetheart?"

Rabble Rabble

"My father's a healer." She said, hoping that information might help her case. She wished her aunt had time to speak to the Masters for her.
She missed the second question entirely, and so didn't answer it.

Laura Walker

"My father's a healer." She said, hoping that information might help her case. She wished her aunt had time to speak to the Masters for her.
She missed the second question entirely, and so didn't answer it.

"Mmmhm," Cremsden nodded, though it was hard to tell if that made any difference. He glanced up and around the Infirmary. "Lucky for you we're quiet today. Hang about there a minute, let me just finish with the patient who needs these and we'll nip off for a word, yeah?"

Rabble Rabble

Hang about? She could do that.
She relaxed a little.
She hadn't been told to go away, so this was good, right?

Laura Walker

Hang about? She could do that.
She relaxed a little.
She hadn't been told to go away, so this was good, right?
_._,_._,_

It was indeed only five or ten minutes before Cremsden finished with the patient who had been in need of the pills and came bustling back out. "Still here? Good lass," he said cheerfully. "Right. You old enough to drink klah or is that a bit strong for you yet?"

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila caught the "old enough" part, and nodded.
"Yes, sir, I'm 11 turns old." She said, not realising she was being asked about klah.

Laura Walker

Jerronila caught the "old enough" part, and nodded.
"Yes, sir, I'm 11 turns old." She said, not realising she was being asked about klah.

"Well, infirmary klah is like to put hairs on your chest, but I guess the sooner you get used to it the better," Cremsden said. "Come on now, we'll use the apprentice classroom -- I don't reckon there'll be anyone in it at this time and if there is they can tell you what horrible things to expect." He grinned at her; new apprentices always put him in a good mood. "Besides, there's usually klah left in the pot in there."

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila nodded, sure she'd get used to-

...whatever it was he'd just been saying.
She smiled at him, happy to do chores if it would get her an apprenticeship that would make father proud of her.

Laura Walker

Jerronila nodded, sure she'd get used to-

...whatever it was he'd just been saying.
She smiled at him, happy to do chores if it would get her an apprenticeship that would make father proud of her.
_._,_._,_

And luckily for her, Cremsden was paying about as much attention to what he was saying as she was. The idle chat as he strolled along was mostly to put her at ease rather than anything truly valuable. "--and we'll do a proper tour later but for now this is the room where I occasionally try to grab you all for a lesson on the rare occasion it's quiet, and where you can come study if you have free time. There'll be a lot of studying, get used to that. You take sweetener in your klah? Never mind, you probably should in this, it's too strong for you otherwise. Here now, try not to spill it, don't feel like doing a lesson on scalds." He pushed the mug into her hands and gestured to a chair. "Sit down."

Rabble Rabble

Jerronila was focusing hard on what the journeyman was saying, but it kept slipping away from her with every extra bit of information.
When a mug was handed to her, she wondered if she needed to take it to someone for a moment before the journeyman gestured for her to sit. She sat, the strong scent of klah drifting up to her face.

Laura Walker

Jerronila was focusing hard on what the journeyman was saying, but it kept slipping away from her with every extra bit of information.
When a mug was handed to her, she wondered if she needed to take it to someone for a moment before the journeyman gestured for her to sit. She sat, the strong scent of klah drifting up to her face.
_._,_._,_

"Now," Cremsden said, hangs around his own mug as he sat down. "Tell me why you think you want to be a Healer."

Rabble Rabble

Luckily for Jerronila, she looked up from the mug of klah in time to see what the journeyman was saying, and it was quieter in the room they were now in.
"Um."
Unluckily for Jerronila, she didn't know what the journeyman would want to hear, and so was silent as she tried to think of what she should say.
"Um, because, um, my father, he's a healer, and..." she trailed off,
Realising that "because mother couldn't teach me to read music properly" didn't seem like it would make someone want her as an apprentice.

Laura Walker

Luckily for Jerronila, she looked up from the mug of klah in time to see what the journeyman was saying, and it was quieter in the room they were now in.
"Um."
Unluckily for Jerronila, she didn't know what the journeyman would want to hear, and so was silent as she tried to think of what she should say.
"Um, because, um, my father, he's a healer, and..." she trailed off,
Realising that "because mother couldn't teach me to read music properly" didn't seem like it would make someone want her as an apprentice.

"And?" Cremsden prompted gently. "Don't get me wrong, it's a good start, but keep going."