Topics

Hi, hi, hi! Wanna Play?(Teyra/Tyren/R'tal) #medhunt

Alyx

 It was a nice morning, and the healers had put out a call for help transporting people and things out to where they wanted to gather things. Teyra usually didn't have a whole lot to do on days that weren't Fall days. Where she was usually stuck ferrying firestone up to those fighting thread.

Though she didn't mind too much. This time she had signed up early, she loved getting out and about doing things. She might be small, but liked being useful. And well exploring, and Stakarth didn't mind at all. Was perfectly willing to walk through the mud with her in fact. Finally the last load was done, and the petite woman slid down the skinny green's shoulder and looked around. She helped the healer apprentice unload the last bit, then turned to her green and asked.

"Alright love what should we do? I don't feel like heading back to the weyr unless you want to."

Stakarth considered for a long moment, there were other dragons here to play with, there was sun. ((It is good here, you should have fun and look around. I want to sun, I will find a small stream and take a mud bath I think.))

Before her rider could protest, Stakarth launched herself back into the air, off to look for mud, leaving Teyra on the ground, wondering what to do. For lack of better idea, and to not get looped into working with numbweed, Teyra ducked onto a small path between the trees, likely made by wild heardbeasts, and wandered off into the brush. She knew if needed Stakarth would be with her in an instant.

[...]

Usually R'tal attempted to keep Tyren at least vaguely close in the Weyr, conscious a wher bounding through narrow corridors could easily upset people.

But they were out miles from anywhere with forests full of good hunting to explore. It would have felt unfair if he *hadn't* freed the wher to go exploring. And Tyren bounded off delightedly, off in a world of fascinating smells, even as R'tal went to volunteer for more work-like things.

One of the fascinating smells had been a plant, and Tyren had -- for reasons he did not himself understand -- much enjoyed rolling over and over in it, crushing it beneath him.

He jumped up quickly at footsteps nearby, ready to greet whoever it was. ((HELLO,)) he offered, volume and enthusiasm making it a rather deafening shout.

Alyx

By now, Teyra knew all about the voices in the head, rather than ears, however it did not stop the instinctive urge to cover her ears and wince. She froze in place and looked around for the source of the mental voice. Peeking through the brush though wasn't the easiest thing. It wasn't until she turned around and looked behind her that she noticed that the voice could not have belonged to a dragon, and that put her on alert. Very cautiously she called out in reply.

"Hello?"

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

((Hello!)) Not a firelizard, the crashing through the trees was far too heavy for that -- closer to a Hatchling dragon size than a firelizard. Tyren bounded towards the whoever-it-was happily, eager to welcome them. ((Ty good boy! Ty treats?)) he suggested, demolishing a few saplings as he pushed towards her.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
By now, Teyra knew all about the voices in the head, rather than ears, however it did not stop the instinctive urge to cover her ears and wince. She froze in place and looked around for the source of the mental voice. Peeking through the brush though wasn't the easiest thing. It wasn't until she turned around and looked behind her that she noticed that the voice could not have belonged to a dragon, and that put her on alert. Very cautiously she called out in reply.

"Hello?"

Alyx

The crashing through the brush alerted her more than anything else, then a flash of brown hide. Teyra's heart felt like it dropped out of her chest and she looked wildly about the area for a tree that she could climb her face was white as a sheet, as she scrambled for the first branch, pulling herself up with the grace earned over turns of riding a dragon. She wanted to be out of reach, just in case.

She never had gotten used to whers, especially after witnessing one that was poorly trained rip a child apart while she was a candidate. Stakarth wasn't here to warn the creature off either. So she scrambled up the tree to get away. In doing so, she ripped a great tear in her leggings that was hardly noticed, nor was the scratch under.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 3:04 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
[...]

Friendly as he was, Tyren couldn't climb a tree. He sat down at the bottom of it instead, squinting up. His nose told him she was up there, even if his eyes couldn't confirm it.

((Is it a game?)) he asked hopefully.

Alyx

Teyra looked down at the bottom of the tree and swallowed hard. The wher didn't seem upset, but she had no idea what it would take to set the beast off. Game? What was the darned thing thinking? Teyra thought fast..maybe it would work..

"Uh yea, a game, hide and seek, good job you found me, now it's your turn to Go Hide."

Maybe that would give her a chance to get away.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

((Come down?)) The wher sounded a little plaintive now. The tree creaked and swayed as he scrabbled at the trunk looking for purchase and finding none. ((Play with Ty?))

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 10:49 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
[...]

Okay, now what? The young green rider was thinking to herself, she held onto the branch she was on. Thankfully she was pretty agile, and didn't much mind getting banged up.

"Uh, no, thanks though, maybe you ought to find your person to play with?"

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:59 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
[...]

((Tal busy,)) Tyren explained, sounding plaintive about it. He scrabbled again at the tree, actually managing to get a few inches off the ground this time. The tree made an unhappy cracking noise.

Alyx

Teyra clutched at the tree as it creaked and groaned under the assault. This tree wasn't sturdy enough to climb further up, to where Stakarth could pick her up, and there was no where open enough for the green to land. And the wher's person was 'busy' great..just great. Teyra took a deep breath, trying not to panic, panic didn't solve anything. But she really wished the wher would just go. Wait...Tal?

"What's your person's name again?"

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

((Tal!)) Tyren proclaimed happily. ((Tal and Ren. Busy with smells-bad.)) He wrinkled his nose in remembered disgust. ((Said 'go play Ty'.))

Alyx

Teyra racked her brain for anyone named 'Tal' that was associated with a wher. She knew of most of the people in the weyr that had whers, and generally did not associate much with them. It was easy enough to know who had them. Wait...

"You mean R'tal?" It was the only one she could think of, and the young woman reached out to Stakarth who was sunning on a sandy  spot near the river. (Stakarth, speak to Talith, please. Ask him to have his rider call of his wher?)

Stakarth, barely awake for the message, yawned greatly and sleepily passed on the request, with some additional information. ((Talith? Your's wher had my rider up a tree. She is...afraid of them.))