Topics

Nice to meet you, to meet you nice. (Ysolde/Margana/Zlorenth)

Nutmeg

OoC: Set in and around the measles outbreak but before the windy Fall. The Harper in question is just a made up NPC, feel free for Margana to know of him or have no idea at all xD

IC: With the package under her arm, Ysolde had set off from the Crafter quarters in search of their patron. It had been a generous commission, nothing overly fancy but a large order of buckles monogrammed and inscribed for a Harper who, in his elder years, decided that he needed a new look and apparently engraved belt buckles was it.

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely, positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl. So, right section, just not quite.

Time to start knocking on doors and asking for directions.

Luckily, Ysolde wasn't so proud as to refuse to acknowledge that she needed a bit of help. One by one it would have to be. Striding up to the first door she came to, she rapped loudly on it, hoping someone was home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Laurie

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard the knock.  It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't knocked in several months now.  She wasn't expecting any laundry deliveries, or...

{{Just answer the door,}} Zlorenth said grumpily.  {{That knocking is annoying me.  Or send Celestia out to see who it is.}}

Sending Celestia out sounded like a good idea, but Margana felt she was being paranoid.  Instead, she went and opened the door.  "Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

OoC: Set in and around the measles outbreak but before the windy Fall. The Harper in question is just a made up NPC, feel free for Margana to know of him or have no idea at all xD

IC: With the package under her arm, Ysolde had set off from the Crafter quarters in search of their patron. It had been a generous commission, nothing overly fancy but a large order of buckles monogrammed and inscribed for a Harper who, in his elder years, decided that he needed a new look and apparently engraved belt buckles was it.

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely, positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl. So, right section, just not quite.

Luckily, Ysolde wasn't so proud as to refuse to acknowledge that she needed a bit of help. One by one it would have to be. Striding up to the first door she came to, she rapped loudly on it, hoping someone was home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Nutmeg

She'd heard the sound of approaching footsteps and prepared herself, setting her brightest, most polite smile onto her face. A very fast once over and she was satisfied that she was neat and presentable as well. As the door opened, for half a second, she couldn't help but hope that she'd actually found the right quarters after all. "Sorry to bother you ma'am," she said politely as the door opened. "I'm trying to find Master Zorian, he placed an order with my papa and I think we took down his living quarters wrong."

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard the knock..  It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't knocked in several months now.  She wasn't expecting any laundry deliveries, or...

{{Just answer the door,}} Zlorenth said grumpily.  {{That knocking is annoying me.  Or send Celestia out to see who it is.}}

Sending Celestia out sounded like a good idea, but Margana felt she was being paranoid.  Instead, she went and opened the door.  "Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely, positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl.. So, right section, just not quite.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

"Zorian?" Margana asked, puzzled.  The name sounded familiar, but not quite right.  Celestia flew over and landed on Margana's shoulder, interested in what was going on. 

"Can you describe him to me?"  If the man lived anywhere near here, she should be able to figure out who he was.

(OOC: Is it OK if Margana realizes it's a different name?)

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

She'd heard the sound of approaching footsteps and prepared herself, setting her brightest, most polite smile onto her face. A very fast once over and she was satisfied that she was neat and presentable as well. As the door opened, for half a second, she couldn't help but hope that she'd actually found the right quarters after all. "Sorry to bother you ma'am," she said politely as the door opened. "I'm trying to find Master Zorian, he placed an order with my papa and I think we took down his living quarters wrong."

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard the knock..  It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't knocked in several months now.  She wasn't expecting any laundry deliveries, or...

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely, positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl.. So, right section, just not quite.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

OoC: That works for me! :D

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... " Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard...."

She paused, her face crumpled up as she tried to think if there were any other details. Unfortunately she was distracted by the arrival of the green firelizard and she beamed at the new arrival. "Oh, she's adorable! Hello there sweetling.You're beautiful, you are!"

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Zorian?" Margana asked, puzzled.  The name sounded familiar, but not quite right.  Celestia flew over and landed on Margana's shoulder, interested in what was going on. 

"Can you describe him to me?"  If the man lived anywhere near here, she should be able to figure out who he was.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

Celestia preened at the compliment, and extended her head to be petted.  Margana automatically moved forward, while thinking.  Older harper, mustache, chubby...oh!

"Oh, I think you mean Master Matizon," she said suddenly.  "He has an interior weyr, about, oh," she counted in her head, "three dragon weyrs and two interior weyrs down that way."  She pointed, the way Ysolde had been walking.  "But he's not there right now - I think he's at the creche teaching the littlest littles.  They love his mustache."  She grinned.

"If you want, you can stay in here with me until he gets back.  It shouldn't be too long - the kids' attention spans really aren't that long."

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... " Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard...."

She paused, her face crumpled up as she tried to think if there were any other details. Unfortunately she was distracted by the arrival of the green firelizard and she beamed at the new arrival. "Oh, she's adorable! Hello there sweetling.You're beautiful, you are!"

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

That she had been allowed to pet a firelizard just ranked on Ysolde's list of "best things ever" and probably, for now, quite near the top. Delightedly she had gently rubbed the top of the tiny head and managed to rein in the urge to squeal with joy. Maybe later. In private. Where no one could judge her.

"Matizon.... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it clicked into place. "You're totally right! Oh shells, I feel so silly." And the red colour on her cheeks that currently complimented her hair was a good testament to her current embarrassment. And then Margana was offering to let her wait there and the girl almost melted with relief. "Oh are you sure? I would hate to be any sort of inconvenience."

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Celestia preened at the compliment, and extended her head to be petted.  Margana automatically moved forward, while thinking.  Older harper, mustache, chubby...oh!

"Oh, I think you mean Master Matizon," she said suddenly.  "He has an interior weyr, about, oh," she counted in her head, "three dragon weyrs and two interior weyrs down that way."  She pointed, the way Ysolde had been walking.  "But he's not there right now - I think he's at the creche teaching the littlest littles.  They love his mustache."  She grinned.

"If you want, you can stay in here with me until he gets back.  It shouldn't be too long - the kids' attention spans really aren't that long."

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... " Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard....."

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

"No inconvenience at all," Margana said with a smile.  "I've finished my daily harness check, Zlorenth is currently happily sunning himself on the Rim, and drills aren't for another two hours.  I'm just taking some time to relax."  Granted, she could have gone to R'tal's office and done some cleanup, but the office was still clean from when she and Cremsden had their fight.

"So, instead, why don't you tell me about yourself?"

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

That she had been allowed to pet a firelizard just ranked on Ysolde's list of "best things ever" and probably, for now, quite near the top. Delightedly she had gently rubbed the top of the tiny head and managed to rein in the urge to squeal with joy. Maybe later. In private. Where no one could judge her.

"Matizon.... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it clicked into place. "You're totally right! Oh shells, I feel so silly." And the red colour on her cheeks that currently complimented her hair was a good testament to her current embarrassment. And then Margana was offering to let her wait there and the girl almost melted with relief. "Oh are you sure? I would hate to be any sort of inconvenience."

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... " Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard....."

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"No inconvenience at all," Margana said with a smile.  "I've finished my daily harness check, Zlorenth is currently happily sunning himself on the Rim, and drills aren't for another two hours.  I'm just taking some time to relax."  Granted, she could have gone to R'tal's office and done some cleanup, but the office was still clean from when she and Cremsden had their fight.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

Laurie

Most riders didn't have visitors often, and Margana was no exception.  Who had time for visitors, when you were busy with something a hundred types your own body weight?

{{Are you calling me fat?}} Zlorenth asked with some amusement.

Margana didn't deign to answer.  "Actually, I think the only difference is the exterior entry where the dragon's part is," she said, beckoning Ysolde to follow her.  Pushing the interior curtain aside, she gestured.  "This is where Zlorenth sleeps.  And that little tunnel that's covered with that heavier curtain is how he gets outside."  She held the curtain up so Ysolde could get a good look at Zlorenth's couch, and the items in his quarters.  One who did not have a dragon might think that the quarters would be bare, but that was not the case.  Zlorenth liked patterns - or, rather patterns that were not patterns.  Paintings or pictures that were abstract.  Blankets or quilts that had no order to them.  Even sculptures that did not look like...anything, yet were pleasing to the eye.  Someone once called it abstract art.  Margana called it 'stuff Zlorenth likes'.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

Nutmeg

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine. Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all.. his?" She gestured at the collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say the least. 

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:06 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Most riders didn't have visitors often, and Margana was no exception.  Who had time for visitors, when you were busy with something a hundred types your own body weight?

{{Are you calling me fat?}} Zlorenth asked with some amusement..

Margana didn't deign to answer.  "Actually, I think the only difference is the exterior entry where the dragon's part is," she said, beckoning Ysolde to follow her.  Pushing the interior curtain aside, she gestured.  "This is where Zlorenth sleeps.  And that little tunnel that's covered with that heavier curtain is how he gets outside."  She held the curtain up so Ysolde could get a good look at Zlorenth's couch, and the items in his quarters.  One who did not have a dragon might think that the quarters would be bare, but that was not the case.  Zlorenth liked patterns - or, rather patterns that were not patterns.  Paintings or pictures that were abstract.  Blankets or quilts that had no order to them.  Even sculptures that did not look like...anything, yet were pleasing to the eye.  Someone once called it abstract art.  Margana called it 'stuff Zlorenth likes'.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

Margana nodded, grinning.  It wasn't often that she got to surprise someone.  "Dragons - aren't animals.  They are fully sentient beings, and they can have the same likes and dislikes as you or me.  And Zlorenth likes - well, this kind of stuff."  She gestured.

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness.  There was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted.  If you ever get the chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders.  You'll be surprised.  And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to paint their walls."  She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and gestured at the table, where her cards were still displayed.

"Would you like some water? Klah? Anything?"  

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine. Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all... his?" She gestured at the collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say the least. 

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:06 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

Ysolde was fascinated to say the least. "I don't think I've ever really stopped to think about how they think," she admitted, looking around all the things around her with wide eyes. "I mean, I know they're a part of you.. on the inside..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to explain that she sort of knew that the bond between Rider and dragon was intricate to say the least", ".... And I know that they speak to you and can speak to others. But I don't think I've ever stopped to think about them having personalities of their own. But then, even other animals have basic characteristics, so why can't a more complicated creature like a dragon have a far more complicated and diverse personality?" Ysolde stopped, looking a little sheepish as she realised she was beginning to waffle.

But then something the Rider said caught her attention and brought her hastily back to the forefront. "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm just Apprenticing to my papa. We were passing through but there was a need for a jewelcrafter here and well.... here we are." She beamed at Margana, her green eyes twinkling cheerfully.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Margana nodded, grinning.  It wasn't often that she got to surprise someone.  "Dragons - aren't animals.  They are fully sentient beings, and they can have the same likes and dislikes as you or me.  And Zlorenth likes - well, this kind of stuff."  She gestured.

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness.  There was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted.  If you ever get the chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders.  You'll be surprised..  And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to paint their walls."  She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and gestured at the table, where her cards were still displayed.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine. Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all... his?" She gestured at the collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say the least. 

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside.. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

"Jewelcrafter, eh?" Margana said, thinking.  "My...I guess you'd call her my foster...had these harnesses made for her firelizards, and I really liked them.  Maybe you know who made them? I'd like one for Celestia."  And maybe even a couple for Bitey's two flits.  

"What kind of things do you make?" 

(OOC: I think we had a Thread where Karla commissioned some harnesses.  Not sure ICly how long ago it was, though.  Can't remember if she got one for Celestia - I know she had one made for Delysia's Aeode.)

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Ysolde was fascinated to say the least. "I don't think I've ever really stopped to think about how they think," she admitted, looking around all the things around her with wide eyes.. "I mean, I know they're a part of you.. on the inside..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to explain that she sort of knew that the bond between Rider and dragon was intricate to say the least", ".... And I know that they speak to you and can speak to others. But I don't think I've ever stopped to think about them having personalities of their own. But then, even other animals have basic characteristics, so why can't a more complicated creature like a dragon have a far more complicated and diverse personality?" Ysolde stopped, looking a little sheepish as she realised she was beginning to waffle.

But then something the Rider said caught her attention and brought her hastily back to the forefront. "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm just Apprenticing to my papa. We were passing through but there was a need for a jewelcrafter here and well.... here we are." She beamed at Margana, her green eyes twinkling cheerfully.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness.  There was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted.  If you ever get the chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders.  You'll be surprised..  And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to paint their walls."  She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and gestured at the table, where her cards were still displayed.

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside.. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

OoC: I think you're right, we did. It was a good while ago ICly, must be
around a year if not longer. I don't think she did have one for Celestia,
just Aeode and her own flits.

IC: Ysolde frowned in thought. She and her father had made some harnesses
some time back, but she also knew that she and her father were not the only
jewelcrafters in the Weyr. "What's your foster's name?" If she was good at
anything in life, she had an uncanny ability for recalling names. Well, you
had to show skill at something, right? And randomly remembering names would
surely be good for something. At some point.

"Me and my father make all sorts. Truth be told not much is out of the
realm of possibility for him and if you have ideas, he's always happy to go
through them to see if it's feasible or how it can be adapted if not."
Ysolde beamed, clearly very, very proud of her father. If anyone called her
a daddy's girl, well, she probably wouldn't correct them.

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn
[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Jewelcrafter, eh?" Margana said, thinking. "My....I guess you'd call her
my foster...had these harnesses made for her firelizards, and I really
liked them. Maybe you know who made them? I'd like one for Celestia." And
maybe even a couple for Bitey's two flits.

(OOC: I think we had a Thread where Karla commissioned some harnesses.
Not sure ICly how long ago it was, though. Can't remember if she got one
for Celestia - I know she had one made for Delysia's Aeode.)

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

Ysolde was fascinated to say the least. "I don't think I've ever really
stopped to think about how they think," she admitted, looking around all
the things around her with wide eyes.. "I mean, I know they're a part of
you.. on the inside..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to
explain that she sort of knew that the bond between Rider and dragon was
intricate to say the least", ".... And I know that they speak to you and
can speak to others. But I don't think I've ever stopped to think about
them having personalities of their own. But then, even other animals have
basic characteristics, so why can't a more complicated creature like a
dragon have a far more complicated and diverse personality?" Ysolde
stopped, looking a little sheepish as she realised she was beginning to
waffle.

But then something the Rider said caught her attention and brought her
hastily back to the forefront. "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm
just Apprenticing to my papa. We were passing through but there was a need
for a jewelcrafter here and well.... here we are." She beamed at Margana,
her green eyes twinkling cheerfully.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn

Margana nodded, grinning. It wasn't often that she got to surprise
someone. "Dragons - aren't animals. They are fully sentient beings, and
they can have the same likes and dislikes as you or me. And Zlorenth likes
- well, this kind of stuff." She gestured.

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness. There was
a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted. If you ever get the chance,
check out the dragon weyrs of other riders. You'll be surprised.. And
then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to
paint their walls." She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and
gestured at the table, where her cards were still displayed.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a
child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and
aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine.
Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then
stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the
Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all... his?" She gestured at the
collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say
the least.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:06 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn

Most riders didn't have visitors often, and Margana was no exception.
Who had time for visitors, when you were busy with something a hundred
types your own body weight?

Margana didn't deign to answer. "Actually, I think the only
difference is the exterior entry where the dragon's part is," she said,
beckoning Ysolde to follow her. Pushing the interior curtain aside, she
gestured. "This is where Zlorenth sleeps. And that little tunnel that's
covered with that heavier curtain is how he gets outside." She held the
curtain up so Ysolde could get a good look at Zlorenth's couch, and the
items in his quarters. One who did not have a dragon might think that the
quarters would be bare, but that was not the case. Zlorenth liked patterns
- or, rather patterns that were not patterns. Paintings or pictures that
were abstract. Blankets or quilts that had no order to them. Even
sculptures that did not look like...anything, yet were pleasing to the
eye. Someone once called it abstract art. Margana called it 'stuff
Zlorenth likes'.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated.
Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her
gratitude as she stepped inside.. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to
meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look
around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was
very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm
looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how
they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't
wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks @Avalyn
[ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

"No inconvenience at all," Margana said with a smile. "I've
finished my daily harness check, Zlorenth is currently happily sunning
himself on the Rim, and drills aren't for another two hours. I'm just
taking some time to relax." Granted, she could have gone to R'tal's office
and done some cleanup, but the office was still clean from when she and
Cremsden had their fight.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

That she had been allowed to pet a firelizard just ranked on
Ysolde's list of "best things ever" and probably, for now, quite near the
top. Delightedly she had gently rubbed the top of the tiny head and managed
to rein in the urge to squeal with joy. Maybe later. In private. Where no
one could judge her.

"Matizon.... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it
clicked into place. "You're totally right! Oh shells, I feel so silly." And
the red colour on her cheeks that currently complimented her hair was a
good testament to her current embarrassment. And then Margana was offering
to let her wait there and the girl almost melted with relief. "Oh are you
sure? I would hate to be any sort of inconvenience."

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn
[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

Celestia preened at the compliment, and extended her head to be
petted. Margana automatically moved forward, while thinking. Older
harper, mustache, chubby...oh!

"Oh, I think you mean Master Matizon," she said suddenly. "He has
an interior weyr, about, oh," she counted in her head, "three dragon weyrs
and two interior weyrs down that way." She pointed, the way Ysolde had
been walking. "But he's not there right now - I think he's at the creche
teaching the littlest littles. They love his mustache." She grinned.

"If you want, you can stay in here with me until he gets back. It
shouldn't be too long - the kids' attention spans really aren't that long."

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...
[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that
Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the
woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had
such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls
bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps
getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... "
Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it
was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not
massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me
see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with
some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well
kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard....."

She paused, her face crumpled up as she tried to think if there
were any other details. Unfortunately she was distracted by the arrival of
the green firelizard and she beamed at the new arrival. "Oh, she's
adorable! Hello there sweetling.You're beautiful, you are!"

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks
Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

"Zorian?" Margana asked, puzzled. The name sounded familiar,
but not quite right. Celestia flew over and landed on Margana's shoulder,
interested in what was going on.

"Can you describe him to me?" If the man lived anywhere near
here, she should be able to figure out who he was.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@...
<nutmeg.witch@gmail...com> [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@... <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com>>
wrote:

She'd heard the sound of approaching footsteps and prepared
herself, setting her brightest, most polite smile onto her face. A very
fast once over and she was satisfied that she was neat and presentable as
well. As the door opened, for half a second, she couldn't help but hope
that she'd actually found the right quarters after all. "Sorry to bother
you ma'am," she said politely as the door opened. "I'm trying to find
Master Zorian, he placed an order with my papa and I think we took down his
living quarters wrong."

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Laurie Hicks
@Avalyn [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...
wrote:

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard the
knock.. It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't knocked
in several months now. She wasn't expecting any laundry deliveries, or...

{{Just answer the door,}} Zlorenth said grumpily. {{That
knocking is annoying me. Or send Celestia out to see who it is.}}

Sending Celestia out sounded like a good idea, but Margana
felt she was being paranoid. Instead, she went and opened the door.
"Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...
[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...
<ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com>> wrote:

OoC: Set in and around the measles outbreak but before the
windy Fall. The Harper in question is just a made up NPC, feel free for
Margana to know of him or have no idea at all xD

IC: With the package under her arm, Ysolde had set off from
the Crafter quarters in search of their patron. It had been a generous
commission, nothing overly fancy but a large order of buckles monogrammed
and inscribed for a Harper who, in his elder years, decided that he needed
a new look and apparently engraved belt buckles was it.

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted
through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely,
positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had
knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master
Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which
she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more
likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until
she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was
in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd
managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs
which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl.. So, right section, just not
quite.

Luckily, Ysolde wasn't so proud as to refuse to acknowledge
that she needed a bit of help. One by one it would have to be. Striding up
to the first door she came to, she rapped loudly on it, hoping someone was
home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times,
so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so
don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't
hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

"Her name's Karla. She rides green Eglanth," Margana said. "She has a
gold flit - Zari, and a bronze - Ranger. Her brother Tamalak has Flash,
and his harness looked more like a wher's harness than your usual flit. I
think she had wanted to get me one for Celestia for Turn's End, but things
got busy and she never contacted you." Celestia stood on the table and
looked like she was nodding to Margana's words. "So, yes. I would like
one. I'll have to ask my weyrmate if he thinks one of his flit's flits
would wear one - not sure how helpful they are in the Infirmary." And
since Bitey couldn't fly, well, he wouldn't be wanting one. Unless for
vanity's sake.

(OK - thread was called "Gemstones are a Girl's (or Flit's) Best Friend".
And she did three - for Zari, Flash and Ranger. And - she had told Ysolde
that she could message Karla through Margana and that Margana worked for
R'tal.)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr]
<ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Jewelcrafter, eh?" Margana said, thinking. "My....I guess you'd call
her my foster...had these harnesses made for her firelizards, and I really

waffle.

hastily back to the forefront.. "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness. There was
a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted. If you ever get the chance,
check out the dragon weyrs of other riders. You'll be surprised.. And
then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to
paint their walls." She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...
[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@... <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com>>
wrote:

Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all... his?" She gestured at the
the least.

Most riders didn't have visitors often, and Margana was no
exception. Who had time for visitors, when you were busy with something a
hundred types your own body weight?

Zlorenth likes'.

they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't

[ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

one could judge her.

"Matizon.... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks
@Avalyn [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

"Oh, I think you mean Master Matizon," she said suddenly. "He
has an interior weyr, about, oh," she counted in her head, "three dragon
weyrs and two interior weyrs down that way." She pointed, the way Ysolde
had been walking. "But he's not there right now - I think he's at the
creche teaching the littlest littles. They love his mustache." She
grinned.

"If you want, you can stay in here with me until he gets back.
It shouldn't be too long - the kids' attention spans really aren't that
long."

Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com <ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

<nutmeg.witch@gmail...com> [ArolosWeyr] <
wrote:

living quarters wrong."

@Avalyn [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard
the knock.. It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't
knocked in several months now. She wasn't expecting any laundry
deliveries, or...

"Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

quite.

home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

Ironically it was the name of the firelizards that rang the bell of
remembrance. "Ranger.... Zari....." Ysolde rolled the name around as her
mind rifled through its files. "Ah! Yes! I think I remember now! Goodness,
that *was* a while ago but they were awfully fun to make!" She beamed at
Margana and bounced a little on the balls of her feet, making her hair
bounce along with her. "Papa likes the really fine work, you'd not think it
considering he's so tall. People think he's just a forgeworker when they
first see him. But I know he'll be happy to come up with something new for
Celestia. We do less fancy ones too, with clips and pouches so they're more
utility than decoration. I know I prepared one for a Healer that could be
fitted with different sized pouches as she used her flit to deliver custom
treatments around the Weyr."

As she spoke, she had a hand tucked into a pocket on her tunic, her smile
turned into a bit of a furrow as she felt something and rummaging about,
she pulled something out and inspected it. "Oh, I'd forgotten I'd found
this!" Holding it up for Margana to see, it was a strange piece of....
something. It looked almost metallic but with a rainbow like sheen. And
most strangely was the fact that although it was obvious natural (as
testified by the stone the metal was "growing" out of), but the shapes were
almost too perfectly square. But at the same time, not. "I've not a clue
what it might be, but..." Ysolde stopped and it was apparent an idea had
just kicked in. "Hey, do you think that this is something your blue would
like? You said he liked things that looked a bit.. well, different."

OoC: Basically it's a chunk of natural bismuth she's found :P

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 12:58 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn

one.. I'll have to ask my weyrmate if he thinks one of his flit's flits
would wear one - not sure how helpful they are in the Infirmary." And
vanity's sake.

(OK - thread was called "Gemstones are a Girl's (or Flit's) Best Friend".
And she did three - for Zari, Flash and Ranger. And - she had told Ysolde
that she could message Karla through Margana and that Margana worked for
R'tal.)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

waffle.

hastily back to the forefront.. "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness. There
was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted. If you ever get the
chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders. You'll be surprised..
And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you
to paint their walls." She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@...
<nutmeg.witch@...> [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...

Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all.... his?" She gestured at the
the least.

Zlorenth likes'.

they're different to..... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't

[ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups....com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

one could judge her.

"Matizon..... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it

<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

grinned.

long."

ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com <ArolosWeyr@...>>
wrote:

<nutmeg.witch@gmail....com> [ArolosWeyr] <
wrote:

living quarters wrong."

@Avalyn [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

deliveries, or...

"Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg
nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@... <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com>>
wrote:

quite.

home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Laurie

(OOC: Sounds like my sister. She'll remember people's dog's breed and
name, but not the dog.)

IC:

Zlorenth took that moment to poke his head through the curtain leading to
his couch. {{Ooooh, I like that,}} he said. {{I'll take it.}} Celestia
hopped onto his nose and creeled in agreement.

"Did you hear him?" Margana asked. She was used to Zlorenth trying to talk
to Crem, but he didn't always hear. "If not, he said he likes that stone.
I do, too. I like the way it shimmers and changes color."

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:49 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr]
<ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Ironically it was the name of the firelizards that rang the bell of
remembrance. "Ranger.... Zari....." Ysolde rolled the name around as her
mind rifled through its files. "Ah! Yes! I think I remember now! Goodness,
that *was* a while ago but they were awfully fun to make!" She beamed at
Margana and bounced a little on the balls of her feet, making her hair
bounce along with her. "Papa likes the really fine work, you'd not think it
considering he's so tall. People think he's just a forgeworker when they
first see him. But I know he'll be happy to come up with something new for
Celestia. We do less fancy ones too, with clips and pouches so they're more
utility than decoration. I know I prepared one for a Healer that could be
fitted with different sized pouches as she used her flit to deliver custom
treatments around the Weyr."

As she spoke, she had a hand tucked into a pocket on her tunic, her smile
turned into a bit of a furrow as she felt something and rummaging about,
she pulled something out and inspected it. "Oh, I'd forgotten I'd found
this!" Holding it up for Margana to see, it was a strange piece of....
something. It looked almost metallic but with a rainbow like sheen. And
most strangely was the fact that although it was obvious natural (as
testified by the stone the metal was "growing" out of), but the shapes were
almost too perfectly square. But at the same time, not. "I've not a clue
what it might be, but..." Ysolde stopped and it was apparent an idea had
just kicked in. "Hey, do you think that this is something your blue would
like? You said he liked things that looked a bit.. well, different."

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 12:58 AM, Laurie Hicks @Avalyn

one.. I'll have to ask my weyrmate if he thinks one of his flit's flits
would wear one - not sure how helpful they are in the Infirmary.." And
vanity's sake.

(OK - thread was called "Gemstones are a Girl's (or Flit's) Best
Friend". And she did three - for Zari, Flash and Ranger.. And - she had
told Ysolde that she could message Karla through Margana and that Margana
worked for R'tal.)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@...

just Aeode and her own flits..

IC: Ysolde frowned in thought. She and her father had made some
harnesses some time back, but she also knew that she and her father were
not the only jewelcrafters in the Weyr. "What's your foster's name?" If she
was good at anything in life, she had an uncanny ability for recalling
names. Well, you had to show skill at something, right? And randomly
remembering names would surely be good for something. At some point.

Ysolde was fascinated to say the least. "I don't think I've ever
really stopped to think about how they think," she admitted, looking around
all the things around her with wide eyes.. "I mean, I know they're a part
of you.. on the inside..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to
waffle.

hastily back to the forefront... "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness. There
was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted. If you ever get the
chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders. You'll be surprised..
And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you
to paint their walls." She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@...
<nutmeg.witch@...> [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...

Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all.... his?" She gestured at the
the least.

Zlorenth likes'.

they're different to..... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't

[ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups.....com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

[ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com
<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

one could judge her.

"Matizon..... Matizon....." Ysolde rolled the name around and it

<ArolosWeyr@...>> wrote:

grinned.

long."

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for
that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on
the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had

She paused, her face crumpled up as she tried to think if
there were any other details. Unfortunately she was distracted by the
arrival of the green firelizard and she beamed at the new arrival. "Oh,
she's adorable! Hello there sweetling.You're beautiful, you are!"

ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com <ArolosWeyr@...>>
wrote:

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg
nutmeg..witch@... <nutmeg.witch@gmail....com>
<ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com>> wrote:

living quarters wrong."

@Avalyn [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

deliveries, or...

"Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg
nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <
ArolosWeyr@... <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com>>
wrote:

IC: With the package under her arm, Ysolde had set off
from the Crafter quarters in search of their patron. It had been a generous

quite.

Luckily, Ysolde wasn't so proud as to refuse to
acknowledge that she needed a bit of help. One by one it would have to be.
Striding up to the first door she came to, she rapped loudly on it, hoping
someone was home.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at
times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

Nutmeg

OoC: Sorry! This one got lost!!

IC: The sudden voice in her head made her jump. The fact that Margana asked if Ysolde could hear "him" placated her that she hadn't suddenly lost all semblance of sanity. "Was..." she started, her eyes the size of dinner plates. "... Was that your dragon?" she managed to squeak, her face a picture of rapturous awe. As the nose poked through the curtains, Ysolde held up her hand. It was trembling slightly but not entirely through nerves. "You're welcome to have it for your collection.I'm sure I'll find more."

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

(OOC: Sounds like my sister.  She'll remember people's dog's breed and name, but not the dog.)

IC:

Zlorenth took that moment to poke his head through the curtain leading to his couch.  {{Ooooh, I like that,}} he said.  {{I'll take it.}}  Celestia hopped onto his nose and creeled in agreement.

"Did you hear him?" Margana asked.  She was used to Zlorenth trying to talk to Crem, but he didn't always hear.  "If not, he said he likes that stone.  I do, too.  I like the way it shimmers and changes color."

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:49 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

Ironically it was the name of the firelizards that rang the bell of remembrance. "Ranger.... Zari....." Ysolde rolled the name around as her mind rifled through its files. "Ah! Yes! I think I remember now! Goodness, that *was* a while ago but they were awfully fun to make!" She beamed at Margana and bounced a little on the balls of her feet, making her hair bounce along with her. "Papa likes the really fine work, you'd not think it considering he's so tall. People think he's just a forgeworker when they first see him. But I know he'll be happy to come up with something new for Celestia. We do less fancy ones too, with clips and pouches so they're more utility than decoration. I know I prepared one for a Healer that could be fitted with different sized pouches as she used her flit to deliver custom treatments around the Weyr."

As she spoke, she had a hand tucked into a pocket on her tunic, her smile turned into a bit of a furrow as she felt something and rummaging about, she pulled something out and inspected it.. "Oh, I'd forgotten I'd found this!" Holding it up for Margana to see, it was a strange piece of.... something. It looked almost metallic but with a rainbow like sheen. And most strangely was the fact that although it was obvious natural (as testified by the stone the metal was "growing" out of), but the shapes were almost too perfectly square. But at the same time, not. "I've not a clue what it might be, but...." Ysolde stopped and it was apparent an idea had just kicked in. "Hey, do you think that this is something your blue would like? You said he liked things that looked a bit.. well, different."

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 12:58 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Her name's Karla.  She rides green Eglanth," Margana said.  "She has a gold flit - Zari, and a bronze - Ranger.  Her brother Tamalak has Flash, and his harness looked more like a wher's harness than your usual flit.  I think she had wanted to get me one for Celestia for Turn's End, but things got busy and she never contacted you."  Celestia stood on the table and looked like she was nodding to Margana's words.  "So, yes. I would like one..  I'll have to ask my weyrmate if he thinks one of his flit's flits would wear one - not sure how helpful they are in the Infirmary..."  And since Bitey couldn't fly, well, he wouldn't be wanting one.  Unless for vanity's sake.

(OK - thread was called "Gemstones are a Girl's (or Flit's) Best Friend".  And she did three - for Zari, Flash and Ranger..  And - she had told Ysolde that she could message Karla through Margana and that Margana worked for R'tal.)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

OoC: I think you're right, we did. It was a good while ago ICly, must be around a year if not longer. I don't think she did have one for Celestia, just Aeode and her own flits..

IC: Ysolde frowned in thought. She and her father had made some harnesses some time back, but she also knew that she and her father were not the only jewelcrafters in the Weyr. "What's your foster's name?" If she was good at anything in life, she had an uncanny ability for recalling names. Well, you had to show skill at something, right? And randomly remembering names would surely be good for something. At some point.

"Me and my father make all sorts. Truth be told not much is out of the realm of possibility for him and if you have ideas, he's always happy to go through them to see if it's feasible or how it can be adapted if not." Ysolde beamed, clearly very, very proud of her father. If anyone called her a daddy's girl, well, she probably wouldn't correct them.

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

"Jewelcrafter, eh?" Margana said, thinking.  "My....I guess you'd call her my foster...had these harnesses made for her firelizards, and I really liked them.  Maybe you know who made them? I'd like one for Celestia."  And maybe even a couple for Bitey's two flits.  

(OOC: I think we had a Thread where Karla commissioned some harnesses.  Not sure ICly how long ago it was, though.  Can't remember if she got one for Celestia - I know she had one made for Delysia's Aeode.)

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 6:23 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Ysolde was fascinated to say the least. "I don't think I've ever really stopped to think about how they think," she admitted, looking around all the things around her with wide eyes.. "I mean, I know they're a part of you.. on the inside..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to explain that she sort of knew that the bond between Rider and dragon was intricate to say the least", ".... And I know that they speak to you and can speak to others. But I don't think I've ever stopped to think about them having personalities of their own. But then, even other animals have basic characteristics, so why can't a more complicated creature like a dragon have a far more complicated and diverse personality?" Ysolde stopped, looking a little sheepish as she realised she was beginning to waffle.

But then something the Rider said caught her attention and brought her hastily back to the forefront... "A dragon? Oh no, I'm not a Candidate. I'm just Apprenticing to my papa. We were passing through but there was a need for a jewelcrafter here and well.... here we are." She beamed at Margana, her green eyes twinkling cheerfully.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine. Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all.... his?" She gestured at the collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say the least. 

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside.. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to..... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups......com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

"Matizon..... Matizon....." Ysolde rolled the name around and it clicked into place. "You're totally right! Oh shells, I feel so silly." And the red colour on her cheeks that currently complimented her hair was a good testament to her current embarrassment. And then Margana was offering to let her wait there and the girl almost melted with relief. "Oh are you sure? I would hate to be any sort of inconvenience."

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Laurie Hicks <laurie.lynne@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

__,_._,___

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.