Topics

Calling On An Artist Attn Torezu

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

Torezu chuckled there. "Ah... the power I used to weild is no longer at my
fingertips is perhaps a better way to phrase it."
"So it's not as easy anymore, so you're giving up?" Deyar raised his
eyebrows.

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

Well, he'd said he'd call on torezu next time he was in the Weyr and had
time and...here he was, and between a few chats with children, he actually
had time. And hopefully Torezu would too, and would be feeling more himself
today. He knocked politely, waiting for an answer

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

Well, he'd said he'd call on torezu next time he was in the Weyr and had
time and...here he was, and between a few chats with children, he actually
had time. And hopefully Torezu would too, and would be feeling more himself
today. He knocked politely, waiting for an answer.

THe answer he got this time was sleepy, lazily voiced. "Who is it?"

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

THe answer he got this time was sleepy, lazily voiced. "Who is it?"
"Deyar." He tried the doorhandle to see if it was locked, "You asked me to
call."

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"Deyar." He tried the doorhandle to see if it was locked, "You asked me to
call."

"Oh, yes. Deyar..." The doorhandle gave when the man tried it. "Come in, by
all means..."

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"Oh, yes. Deyar..." The doorhandle gave when the man tried it. "Come in,
by
all means..."
"How've you been?" He was smiling as he came in, and shut the door behind
him. "Had some free time so I figured I'd drop by."

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"How've you been?" He was smiling as he came in, and shut the door behind
him. "Had some free time so I figured I'd drop by."

"I've been doing moderately well..." Torezu was lounging on his sofa, a book
idly held in one hand. He looked rumpled, but not the stressed, ruined sort;
it was casual as the sprawl he was sitting up from, as if he'd been caught
napping.

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"I've been doing moderately well..." Torezu was lounging on his sofa, a
book
idly held in one hand. He looked rumpled, but not the stressed, ruined
sort;
it was casual as the sprawl he was sitting up from, as if he'd been caught
napping.
"Been reading anything interesting?" Deyar nodded towards the book. By
contrast to Torezu's relaxed posture, the RedStar almost seemed *too*
alert - not in a nervous way, but fidgety like someone who'd heavily
overdosed on caffeine.

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"Been reading anything interesting?" Deyar nodded towards the book. By
contrast to Torezu's relaxed posture, the RedStar almost seemed *too*
alert - not in a nervous way, but fidgety like someone who'd heavily
overdosed on caffeine.

"Oh, just a bit of fiction." A rare enough thing, and Torezu closed the book
idly as he rose to his feet. "How're you today?"

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"Oh, just a bit of fiction." A rare enough thing, and Torezu closed the
book
idly as he rose to his feet. "How're you today?"
"Not bad - it's not been a bad few weeks." Deyar admitted cheerfully.

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"Not bad - it's not been a bad few weeks." Deyar admitted cheerfully.

"Had much sucess?" Torezu asked him, half retorically.

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"Had much sucess?" Torezu asked him, half retorically.
Deyar laughed, and nodded, and sat down on the couch without being invited,
his fingers unconciously fiddling with the material. "Anything interesting
been happening here?"

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

Deyar laughed, and nodded, and sat down on the couch without being invited,
his fingers unconciously fiddling with the material. "Anything interesting
been happening here?"

"As mush as I personally wish and wish, no," he sighed, pacing to pour
himself a glass of wine. "Nothing *major* at least."

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"As mush as I personally wish and wish, no," he sighed, pacing to pour
himself a glass of wine. "Nothing *major* at least."
"And the minor interesting things were?"

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"As mush as I personally wish and wish, no," he sighed, pacing to pour
himself a glass of wine. "Nothing *major* at least."

"And the minor interesting things were?"

"Oh, just little things, the things you fail to notice when you're not
really alive," Torezu drawled idly. "Things that I'm sure you take for
granted, hmn?"

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"Oh, just little things, the things you fail to notice when you're not
really alive," Torezu drawled idly. "Things that I'm sure you take for
granted, hmn?"
"Well, it's hard to tell with that much detail." Deyar grinned at him, "Give
me an example?"

Idle fingers had somehow located a loose thread in the blanket over the
couch, and he tugged at it without thinking, unconciously beginning to
unravel it.

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"Well, it's hard to tell with that much detail." Deyar grinned at him, "Give
me an example?"

Idle fingers had somehow located a loose thread in the blanket over the
couch, and he tugged at it without thinking, unconciously beginning to
unravel it.

"Oh, just daily trivalities. I haven't had the sense about me to pay much
attention to anything, let along that life has trudged on without me." He
poured himself that glass of watery win, then pivoted back to look at Deyar
again.

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

"Oh, just daily trivalities. I haven't had the sense about me to pay much
attention to anything, let along that life has trudged on without me." He
poured himself that glass of watery win, then pivoted back to look at
Deyar
again.
"You're being very vague." Deyar noted, "Anyway, you said you wanted to draw
me?"

Kat Reitz <kreitz@...>

"You're being very vague." Deyar noted, "Anyway, you said you wanted to draw
me?"

Torezu laughed quietly then. "You'll have to forgive me -- I've just woken
up from a nap, and haven't quite finished gathering my thoughts? Yes, I'd
like to draw you, and would you like a glass of wine?"

Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...>

Torezu laughed quietly then. "You'll have to forgive me -- I've just woken
up from a nap, and haven't quite finished gathering my thoughts? Yes, I'd
like to draw you, and would you like a glass of wine?"
Deyar shook his head, "I'll take a glass of water if you've got any though?"
he asked, still playing with that thread, winding the end round his fingers.