Date   

Re: What Did You Accuse Me Of? atten: Kassia/Ysolde

Nutmeg
 

Released from the Guard's grip, Ysolde leapt back a foot or two out of his reach. Her abject horror was fighting tooth and claw with the blazing fury that was still trying to win the day. Even under Nayari's withering glare. "You did too!" This time it was not so much of a squeak and more like her usual voice. "I saw you looking at my cot and then you reached in and picked up my amber dragon!"

Nayari glanced at Kassia, her cue to give her version of events. "Ma'am? Would you like to take this to my office, or are you happy to discuss it here?"

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 9:19 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"I did no such thing," Kassia said, putting her hands on her hips. She looked at her guard. "You may release her."

The guard grunted and loosened his grip. He kept a close eye on the girl, though.



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


Re: A little too far ( Ysolde / Desille )

Rogue Kakashi
 

Desille was having a bit of a moment as she dashed towards the crafthalls, freaking out over how she was going to get Doryth out without anyone seeing him  Faranth!  How had he even got into their in the first place?  Without being caught!  She loved him but he was too much at times.  Crazy little blue!

Doryth on the other hand was much too occupied to worry about what was running through his rider's head.  He sensed someone approaching, could it be?... yes, he could feel it!  Whipping his head to the right he tried to crane his neck into that passage, since his body could not longer fit.  {{ Hello? }} he asked the approaching young woman.

- Desille and Doryth


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise
 

The extent of Yiyu's personable nature was exhausted. She simply shook her head and resumed ehr book, deciding she was beating her head against a stone wall.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"I mean, sure, but everyone says things like that at first and the Searchrider only met me for about an hour if that so.." Garatt gestured to show that really, that could mean nothing. "Anyone can look fine for an hour, particularly with their father and tutor standing right behind them to show them how to behave right. It's later it turns out you were actually not that good anyway." He didn't even sound particularly sad about it, just world-weary as though he had already had time to think this through and come to terms with it.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:54 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu blinked. She thought much the same way sometimes. Her hands clasped in front of her, a nervous gesture, even as she murmured, "They picked me to come here. I believe that means we're worhy each in our own way."

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt shrugged again, clearly searching for words. "You don't get - I mean, the searchrider was kind and all but people don't pick me for things like that," he said matter-of-factly. Things like that went to other people, people who were good at things. 

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.

-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.





-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Laura Walker
 

"I mean, sure, but everyone says things like that at first and the Searchrider only met me for about an hour if that so.." Garatt gestured to show that really, that could mean nothing. "Anyone can look fine for an hour, particularly with their father and tutor standing right behind them to show them how to behave right. It's later it turns out you were actually not that good anyway." He didn't even sound particularly sad about it, just world-weary as though he had already had time to think this through and come to terms with it.


On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:54 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu blinked. She thought much the same way sometimes. Her hands clasped in front of her, a nervous gesture, even as she murmured, "They picked me to come here. I believe that means we're worhy each in our own way."

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt shrugged again, clearly searching for words. "You don't get - I mean, the searchrider was kind and all but people don't pick me for things like that," he said matter-of-factly. Things like that went to other people, people who were good at things. 

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise
 

Yiyu blinked. She thought much the same way sometimes. Her hands clasped in front of her, a nervous gesture, even as she murmured, "They picked me to come here. I believe that means we're worhy each in our own way."

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt shrugged again, clearly searching for words. "You don't get - I mean, the searchrider was kind and all but people don't pick me for things like that," he said matter-of-factly. Things like that went to other people, people who were good at things. 

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Laura Walker
 

Garatt shrugged again, clearly searching for words. "You don't get - I mean, the searchrider was kind and all but people don't pick me for things like that," he said matter-of-factly. Things like that went to other people, people who were good at things. 


On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise
 

"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.


On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"Uh. Berford Hold. I *said*," Garatt said, looking a little baffled by the questioning. "A few days ago? And.. I'm probably not going to Impress, am I?" He shrugged his shoulders, not particularly happy or sad about this, just accepting. "I mean, there's how many of us and how many eggs? So.. that's probably not going to happen."

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:27 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Where did you come? How long have you been here? What color do you hope to Impress?" He was infuriating, Yiyu decided on the spot.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling as though searching for the answer to that question. None became apparent. "Like.. what?" he said after a moment's awkward silence, unable to disguise that even as he asked he was sneaking little glances at the open page.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I'm not going to take it," she explained, wondering if anyone could really be this infuriating. "I just thought we might talk, too If I'm sharing books and space with you, I'd like to know who you are. More than just a name, please."

On Mar 30, 2020, at 5:41 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at her blankly, and then down at the book, apparently misunderstanding her request. He clutched it a little closer protectively. "But I'm reading it!"


Shards, he had her there. Even so, she felt strange. Somehow as though he'd invaded her privacy, in spite of the simple fact that she shouldn't have expected this place to remain her own. Sighing, she leaned back against the wall and studied him.

"I suppose you're right, but might I at least get more than your name?"
-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.





-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.





-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Laura Walker
 

"Uh. Berford Hold. I *said*," Garatt said, looking a little baffled by the questioning. "A few days ago? And.. I'm probably not going to Impress, am I?" He shrugged his shoulders, not particularly happy or sad about this, just accepting. "I mean, there's how many of us and how many eggs? So.. that's probably not going to happen."


On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:27 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Where did you come? How long have you been here? What color do you hope to Impress?" He was infuriating, Yiyu decided on the spot.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling as though searching for the answer to that question. None became apparent. "Like.. what?" he said after a moment's awkward silence, unable to disguise that even as he asked he was sneaking little glances at the open page.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I'm not going to take it," she explained, wondering if anyone could really be this infuriating. "I just thought we might talk, too If I'm sharing books and space with you, I'd like to know who you are. More than just a name, please."

On Mar 30, 2020, at 5:41 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at her blankly, and then down at the book, apparently misunderstanding her request. He clutched it a little closer protectively. "But I'm reading it!"


Shards, he had her there. Even so, she felt strange. Somehow as though he'd invaded her privacy, in spite of the simple fact that she shouldn't have expected this place to remain her own. Sighing, she leaned back against the wall and studied him.

"I suppose you're right, but might I at least get more than your name?"
-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.





-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise
 

"Where did you come? How long have you been here? What color do you hope to Impress?" He was infuriating, Yiyu decided on the spot.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling as though searching for the answer to that question. None became apparent. "Like.. what?" he said after a moment's awkward silence, unable to disguise that even as he asked he was sneaking little glances at the open page.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I'm not going to take it," she explained, wondering if anyone could really be this infuriating. "I just thought we might talk, too If I'm sharing books and space with you, I'd like to know who you are. More than just a name, please."

On Mar 30, 2020, at 5:41 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at her blankly, and then down at the book, apparently misunderstanding her request. He clutched it a little closer protectively. "But I'm reading it!"


Shards, he had her there. Even so, she felt strange. Somehow as though he'd invaded her privacy, in spite of the simple fact that she shouldn't have expected this place to remain her own. Sighing, she leaned back against the wall and studied him.

"I suppose you're right, but might I at least get more than your name?"
-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.





-- 

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Laura Walker
 

Garatt looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling as though searching for the answer to that question. None became apparent. "Like.. what?" he said after a moment's awkward silence, unable to disguise that even as he asked he was sneaking little glances at the open page.


On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I'm not going to take it," she explained, wondering if anyone could really be this infuriating. "I just thought we might talk, too If I'm sharing books and space with you, I'd like to know who you are. More than just a name, please."

On Mar 30, 2020, at 5:41 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at her blankly, and then down at the book, apparently misunderstanding her request. He clutched it a little closer protectively. "But I'm reading it!"


Shards, he had her there. Even so, she felt strange. Somehow as though he'd invaded her privacy, in spite of the simple fact that she shouldn't have expected this place to remain her own. Sighing, she leaned back against the wall and studied him.

"I suppose you're right, but might I at least get more than your name?"
--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: A Senior Request (Cremsden/Aruithil)

Laura Walker
 

"Call it that," Cremsden agreed. "What we need to take sure of is that one day, in the middle of a crisis, if someone bellows a request for a dosage in your ear you don't have to think before replying." For a moment an odd expression crossed his face and he gave a little shudder as though recalling something unpleasant.

And then, like magic, there was a firelizard in his lap. Bitey, who had apparently up until that moment been half-asleep, stood up, stretched and leaped. Cremsden grunted at the impact but automatically steadied him. 

"You need to go on a diet, my lad," he told the blue, petting him at the chirruped command and it seemed that the odd moment had passed.

"Eh, yes. Dosages. The herbs which interact with other herbs in unpleasant ways. Come an emergency you'll have no time to look things up in books and you'll be too tired to think so you need to make sure it's held in the part of your brain that doesn't require thinking."

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 2:20 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
She understood his point and while she would always resist any kind of transfer away from the Weyr, she had always known it was a possibility. She put some thought into what he was asking her, "I suppose that it would be the other side of the coin.  I have all the practical knowledge but I lack some of the.. theoretical?"



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Housewarming Presents! (Dytha/Cremsden)

Laura Walker
 

"At this point I would wager the majority of them have been sitting five turns or more," Cremsden said reassuringly, heaving up the next box. "I mean, I'm not saying there *isn't* a lost Lady Holder's fortune sitting at the bottom of one of them but it seems unlikely." 


On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 6:18 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Hah. Lets make a punishment room for them filled with boxes containing Faranth only knows what. Expired numbweed in mysterious jars. Suspiciously stained sheets." Sure, a good amount of them pulled their weight and were content to do what was asked. But there had been more than one that turned up their nose at getting their hands dirty. "You sure they won't mind? I kinda feel like I should be making some sort of list if I'm going to be getting it out of here." It felt an awful lot like cutting a corner, even if what he was saying did make a lot of sense. 

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:18 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"No, believe me, if there had been food Bitey would have been after it," Cremsden assured her. He rolled his sleeves up and set to work lifting down the most wobbly looking of the higher boxes. "The Infirmary might want a bit of this - empty numbweed jars, that kind of crap - but I promise you are not expected to inventory it. Let's just make sure it's dumped somewhere else safely and the next time I get a batch of Candidate apprentices who think we're their 3 hour a day playtime that can be their job."

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:58 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Ah hah! So you're to blame! You know, when I first came up a few days ago, I couldn't even get the door open because stuff had fallen down behind it. Now I know I can blame someone for it." There was a cheeky mirth to her words as she gleefully grabbed hold of a new, non dust-filled rag and bottle of cleaning agent. "I did think about doing that. But figured I should at least open the top to make sure it's not valuable or filled with something useful I can pilfer. Like crates of biscuits so I can hide them as emergency rations should we ever run out of food."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:39 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
Cremsden laughed. "You know it is just *slightly* possible that I dumped half of these here unopened when I cleared out the training rooms," he admitted. "Which is to say unless you desperately want to check all of them in case you find something useful I wouldn't bother. Not your job to find out where things *should* live. Just have to find some other conveniently empty space to dump them in and make them someone else's problem."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:40 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
The "pshaw" and wave of her hand suggested that she didn't think that would be happening to her any time soon. Maybe in a week. "I'm starting to think they lied to me. There isn't a weyr under all of this. Just more mountains of boxes." She looked around as if wondering where to start first. That was part of the problem, there was so much in the way that she couldn't decide what needed to be done. "I got Ponth's ledge cleared first so she could sleep there. And I managed to get my bed in around that corner." The "weyr" was an unusual shape in that the door entering it entered into a narrow hallway first. The short wall had evidently come down at some point but had then allowed for a smaller cave-like section to be revealed which she was hoping she would be able to put a curtain across in order keep her bed from sight.At some point, she suspected that her "sleeping area" had in fact been some form of adjoining cupboard or similar. It then opened out into a smaller area where the stove could just about be seen in the corner. All being well, there would be just enough room for a couple of chairs and low table. 

Through all of this was a narrow trail that led to the way to Ponth's new ledge and somewhere, somewhere behind all of the rubbish, was a door to what she hoped was a still functioning bathing pool. But at this rate, she had already consigned herself to the possibility that it would be nothing more than a glorified hole in the ground.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Virus-free. www.avg.com



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: What Did You Accuse Me Of? atten: Kassia/Ysolde

sailyn2
 

"I did no such thing," Kassia said, putting her hands on her hips. She looked at her guard. "You may release her."

The guard grunted and loosened his grip. He kept a close eye on the girl, though.


Re: Tail-Bone of a Person ( Kyrel/Aruithil )

 

Kyrel's annoyed expression hadn't lessened any by the time they exited the conversation, though in the few moments spent walking alongside Aru, his face had lost some of its heat. 

"You don't say?" He asked, unsurprised given her reaction to the rider. "Shells, how does Cremsden stand the man? He talks like a splinter feels." Kyrel's upper lip curled as if he had smelled something rotten, though it was only brief. The next words came out a disgruntled sigh, "I really do need lessons if I'm expected to put up with /that/ shit on the regular."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 1:32 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Indeed. And to you, who clearly uses only the language expected of the finest Harpers," Cremsden agreed gravely. "Clearly I had to send them away before your ears caught fire from such horrors."

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:28 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
Aru glanced over from Kyrel to Z'go and finally looked to Cremsden and nodded, "If you need anything just let me know."  As if an apprentice could do much.  She stepped away and beckoned Kyrel to follow her to the classroom in question.  Once they were out of earshot, the young woman let out a heavy sigh, "I hate that guy."

Z'go remained with his arms crossed, waiting for the apprentices to leave, doing his best to ignore the pain emanating from his backside.  When they were finally gone he turned to Cremsden, "The mouths on those two."

- Aruithil and Z'go



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Taking Advantage ( Namieh / Leodred )

 

Namieh raised an eyebrow at how casually he spoke about what would have amounted to theft, even if it was just speculation. "Are you calling me a fool?" She asked, turning the jar in her hands nearly as far as she twisted his words. "That doesn't seem very friendly."

Though she hadn't truly needed his encouragement, his egging had the intended effect. From her pockets she produced a small metal rasp, one end a blunted point, and jammed it between the lid and pot to break the wax seal. Off popped the top, clattering onto the floor. The unmistakable fragrance of fellis suffused the air. Namieh sniffed, pursing her lips thoughtfully. 

"I bet these won't be out here for long," she predicted in a considering tone. The other candidate received a narrow-eyed stare from her, far from trusting. "What's your name?"


On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 12:32 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"Only a fool wouldn't at least think about it, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt," he replied, conjuring the fakest smile he could muster.  Watching carefully, he let her go back into the box, his interest piqued enough to be curious and happened to notice the F on the jar as well. "Well?" Leodred looked at her, expectantly.  "Pop one, right?"

He had a guess at what it could be, as in his limited knowledge he could only recall one medical term that started in F.  Not only that, but all these boxes had the stink of redwort on them, so they had to be some healer's stash.  

- Leodred


Re: What Did You Accuse Me Of? atten: Kassia/Ysolde

Nutmeg
 

Whilst Ysolde may not know who her "assailant" was, Nayari was under no similar delusion.

"Weyrwoman Kassia!" The greenrider was shocked, even more so as the woman's words sank in. "Assaulted you? What do you mean?" Her icy gaze landed on Ysolde who was looking less furious and more stunned. "What does the Weyrwoman mean, Ysolde?" If she was angry, the only thing that gave it away was the hard edge to her stern voice.

Ysolde had heard one word. Weyrwoman. In an instant her fury had disappeared like ice under boiling water and a horrible cold sensation made the bottom of her stomach lurch. "But... I... she... my things.... she took them!" She squeaked, trying to explain what she had seen. But in her agitation, all it sounded like was another accusation.


On Tue, 31 Mar 2020, 00:34 sailyn2, <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Kassia whirled on Nayari, her eyes still blazing. If she'd been a dragon, they would have been a deep red.

 

"Your Candidate assaulted me and keeps calling me a thief." She turned back to the girl. "Hold still and shut up if you know what's good for you."


Re: Walk In Applications ( Nayari / R'bor )

Nutmeg
 

Well at least he wasn't one of those that dithered getting through the door. That was something at least. And it appeared he didn't beat about the bush, getting right to the point. "Well then," Nayari said, gesturing for him to take a seat as she returned to her own. "Why don't you take a seat and tell me why you want the job."


On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:05 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
R'bor entered and offered her a quick salute before closing the door behind him.  His dark eyes settled on the Candidate master after a quick glance around the room; it was almost as he remembered it, except for a Nayari's own personal modifications and only briefly acknowledge the golden fire-lizard's presence in the room.  "I am R'bor, Vukoth's rider," he said as a way of formally introducing himself, his deep voice attempting to be as polite as posible.  "I would like to apply for the position of Assistant Candidate Master."

- R'bor  



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


Re: A little too far ( Ysolde / Desille )

Nutmeg
 

Oh, how she loved her crafting time. Not only did it mean time with her father but Ysolde adored the intricate, precise handling that jewelcrafting required. It suited her perfectionist nature. She was happy as a dragon in sunshine as she bobbed through the tunnels, hair pulled tightly out of her eyes and partially covered with a brightly covered scarf. She had been running errands all morning for her father, scampering back and forth through the tunnels to supply rooms, customers and anywhere in between. She was having the time of her life and later on, would no doubt collapse happily into an exhausted sleep.

She was on her way back from one of the supply rooms to collect some more polish, cleaning solvents, tumbling sand and rags, the large basket tucked safely on her arm. This was one of the larger tunnels that allowed for the carts to be brought in and she enjoyed a little skip, letting her good mood sweep over her.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 4:51 AM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
When the tunnels of the Crafthalls were designed, they were designed with the idea that it would be necessary to draw in carts full of materiel, so they had had the foresight to make the tunnels in this area taller and especially wider to accommodate the necessities that the crafts may need.  What they did not foresee was that a stubborn 2nd pass blue dragon would feel the need to enter them on his own and uninvited.  

He couldn't help it!  There was something inside of him, a primal urge that said, "There is something here that you must find and you must find it NOW!"  He had absolutely no clue what it was but Doryth was determined; more determined than he had been in his entire life, and he was going to... make... it... through!

Lucky for him, he was a 2nd pass blue, which meant that he was considerably smaller in comparison to his 8th pass brethren.  In his own time, Doryth would've been average size, though somewhat on the thinner and more flexible side of the spectrum, which was why he was able to traverse said tunnels.  Because of his wind it was a tighter squeeze than he would've liked, and he hadn't put much thought into how he was going to get out, but... he was almost there!

The blue stopped at the entrance of what he would later be told was the gemcrafting area of the crafthall and pushed his head against the door, trying to get in.

Meanwhile Desille had just finished eating a late breakfast in the Dining Cavern when she realized that Doryth was being oddly quiet.  [[ Love? ]] she queried but received no answer.  Suspicious.  [[ Love!? ]]

{{ I'm here!  Shh, I'm busy, }} he replied.

[[ Busy doing what, my love? ]]

{{ I'm looking for something.  Someone, I think.  I can smell her, but... I can't go any further! }}

Desille started to get a bad feeling, [[ What do you mean you can't go... Where exactly are you, Doryth? ]]  She received a mental image from the blue and the girl's mouth hung open, [[ What... how... why... DORYTH!  Get out of there right this instant! ]]

With waiting a moment more she took off at full speed, recognizing the craft hall from her visits to ther older brother Delowen, a smith.


- Doryth and Desille 



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


Re: Housewarming Presents! (Dytha/Cremsden)

Nutmeg
 

"Hah. Lets make a punishment room for them filled with boxes containing Faranth only knows what. Expired numbweed in mysterious jars. Suspiciously stained sheets." Sure, a good amount of them pulled their weight and were content to do what was asked. But there had been more than one that turned up their nose at getting their hands dirty. "You sure they won't mind? I kinda feel like I should be making some sort of list if I'm going to be getting it out of here." It felt an awful lot like cutting a corner, even if what he was saying did make a lot of sense. 


On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:18 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"No, believe me, if there had been food Bitey would have been after it," Cremsden assured her. He rolled his sleeves up and set to work lifting down the most wobbly looking of the higher boxes. "The Infirmary might want a bit of this - empty numbweed jars, that kind of crap - but I promise you are not expected to inventory it. Let's just make sure it's dumped somewhere else safely and the next time I get a batch of Candidate apprentices who think we're their 3 hour a day playtime that can be their job."

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:58 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Ah hah! So you're to blame! You know, when I first came up a few days ago, I couldn't even get the door open because stuff had fallen down behind it. Now I know I can blame someone for it." There was a cheeky mirth to her words as she gleefully grabbed hold of a new, non dust-filled rag and bottle of cleaning agent. "I did think about doing that. But figured I should at least open the top to make sure it's not valuable or filled with something useful I can pilfer. Like crates of biscuits so I can hide them as emergency rations should we ever run out of food."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:39 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
Cremsden laughed. "You know it is just *slightly* possible that I dumped half of these here unopened when I cleared out the training rooms," he admitted. "Which is to say unless you desperately want to check all of them in case you find something useful I wouldn't bother. Not your job to find out where things *should* live. Just have to find some other conveniently empty space to dump them in and make them someone else's problem."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:40 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
The "pshaw" and wave of her hand suggested that she didn't think that would be happening to her any time soon. Maybe in a week. "I'm starting to think they lied to me. There isn't a weyr under all of this. Just more mountains of boxes." She looked around as if wondering where to start first. That was part of the problem, there was so much in the way that she couldn't decide what needed to be done. "I got Ponth's ledge cleared first so she could sleep there. And I managed to get my bed in around that corner." The "weyr" was an unusual shape in that the door entering it entered into a narrow hallway first. The short wall had evidently come down at some point but had then allowed for a smaller cave-like section to be revealed which she was hoping she would be able to put a curtain across in order keep her bed from sight.At some point, she suspected that her "sleeping area" had in fact been some form of adjoining cupboard or similar. It then opened out into a smaller area where the stove could just about be seen in the corner. All being well, there would be just enough room for a couple of chairs and low table. 

Through all of this was a narrow trail that led to the way to Ponth's new ledge and somewhere, somewhere behind all of the rubbish, was a door to what she hoped was a still functioning bathing pool. But at this rate, she had already consigned herself to the possibility that it would be nothing more than a glorified hole in the ground.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Virus-free. www.avg.com



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


Re: Tail-Bone of a Person ( Cremsden / Z'go )

Laura Walker
 

"Okay." And this time Cremsden at least appeared to accept that. "Well. If it was literally just now you've probably jarred it, and you've likely got some bruising." He moved to the cupboards, habit making his movements slow, careful and deliberate despite Z'go's protests. If you had someone in a room with you who had just been hurt you minded yourself not to appear threatening. "Honestly, I could give you an exam to make sure nothing is broken but it is unlikely and would be added discomfort to no real purpose so what we'll do is get you some painkillers, write a note to your wingleader excusing you for a few days and if nothing improves within a few days then we'll look at it further."


On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 1:55 PM Rogue Kakashi <snail.on.speed@...> wrote:
"I understand, and I'm telling you it wasn't a flight," Z"go insisted.  He let out a frustrated sigh, "It was what I told you, the second thing.  Little harper bitch body slammed me," which admitted sounded just as bad as a bad flight. 



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.