Date   

Re: Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Jerzy Tobin
 

"Ach, he's fine." Bl'by was more than up for wrestling with the young wher. The owner he might have been nervous around, but Pochi was just fine and he spent a happy minute or so greeting Pochi with a rough and thorough caress before remembering that he was indeed wary of the owner.

"Sorry, Goldrider," he apologised belatedly. "I'm distracting you from your walk."
"Not at all!" Andronda said airily, waving her hand dismissively. For
his part, Pochi rumbled with delight at Bl'by's caress, butting his
head gently against the man's legs for more. "I'm just enjoying the
glorious weather, actually. It's *wonderful*!"

There was no mistaking the delight in her voice, and the excited smile
on her face made her look very young indeed.

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Re: Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Laura Walker
 

"Ach, he's fine." Bl'by was more than up for wrestling with the young wher. The owner he might have been nervous around, but Pochi was just fine and he spent a happy minute or so greeting Pochi with a rough and thorough caress before remembering that he was indeed wary of the owner.

"Sorry, Goldrider," he apologised belatedly. "I'm distracting you from your walk."

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:15 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> She wasn't the only one enjoying the lack of heat. Between having tentative permission to return to drills and the change in the weather Bl'by was feeling positively bouncy and full of energy in a way he hadn't in a long while. A walk around the Lake felt positively obligatory, or even a jog. Or a run, revelling in the feeling of his body moving, properly moving, of actually being properly tired enough to stop and not just wheezing so much that he couldn't keep going.
>
> Steady. Get carried away and the Healers would snatch him off drills as quickly as they allowed him on there. Still he was moving with more ease and speed than he had since he had arrived and reacted on pure instinct seeing the young wher, forgetting for a second who owned it and crouching to call it.
>
For a long moment, Pochi went on guard when someone other than his
human called out his name.  Andronda had been working a great deal on
his training, and with their bond to strengthen it, so he didn't bound
up to just anyone anymore.  But then the breeze carried the scent of
the man to him, and it was one that the blue wher recognized well.  It
was the man that His left him with from time to time, the one who
sometimes had treats in his pockets for Pochi.

~~See friend!~~ Pochi told Andronda.  ~~Go see?!~~

With a laugh, Andronda agreed, and walked forward with Pochi, who
pulled eagerly towards Bl'by.

"Be gentle, Pochi," Andronda made certain to order.  She knew that the
blue rider was always nervous around her, she didn't want to make it
worse because her wher roughed him up.




--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146







--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Jerzy Tobin
 

She wasn't the only one enjoying the lack of heat. Between having tentative permission to return to drills and the change in the weather Bl'by was feeling positively bouncy and full of energy in a way he hadn't in a long while. A walk around the Lake felt positively obligatory, or even a jog. Or a run, revelling in the feeling of his body moving, properly moving, of actually being properly tired enough to stop and not just wheezing so much that he couldn't keep going.

Steady. Get carried away and the Healers would snatch him off drills as quickly as they allowed him on there. Still he was moving with more ease and speed than he had since he had arrived and reacted on pure instinct seeing the young wher, forgetting for a second who owned it and crouching to call it.
For a long moment, Pochi went on guard when someone other than his
human called out his name. Andronda had been working a great deal on
his training, and with their bond to strengthen it, so he didn't bound
up to just anyone anymore. But then the breeze carried the scent of
the man to him, and it was one that the blue wher recognized well. It
was the man that His left him with from time to time, the one who
sometimes had treats in his pockets for Pochi.

~~See friend!~~ Pochi told Andronda. ~~Go see?!~~

With a laugh, Andronda agreed, and walked forward with Pochi, who
pulled eagerly towards Bl'by.

"Be gentle, Pochi," Andronda made certain to order. She knew that the
blue rider was always nervous around her, she didn't want to make it
worse because her wher roughed him up.




--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Re: Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Laura Walker
 

She wasn't the only one enjoying the lack of heat. Between having tentative permission to return to drills and the change in the weather Bl'by was feeling positively bouncy and full of energy in a way he hadn't in a long while. A walk around the Lake felt positively obligatory, or even a jog. Or a run, revelling in the feeling of his body moving, properly moving, of actually being properly tired enough to stop and not just wheezing so much that he couldn't keep going.

Steady. Get carried away and the Healers would snatch him off drills as quickly as they allowed him on there. Still he was moving with more ease and speed than he had since he had arrived and reacted on pure instinct seeing the young wher, forgetting for a second who owned it and crouching to call it.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:49 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
When Andronda had woken up that morning, it was decidedly much cooler
than was normal for Arolos weather.  After so long in the sweltering
Southern heat - even in the cooler season they were currently in - the
cool down was absolutely delightful.  The young goldrider went about
her day with a lot more energy and a much better mood than she'd had
in a long while.  With as cool as it was, Andronda wasn't intending to
spend the whole day cooped up in her office, either.  After her lunch,
she harnessed Pochi up and took the young wher down towards the lake
for a walk.  The exercise would do them both good, and she could enjoy
the weather, even if most of the people around her had been
complaining about it all day.  To her, it was just grand!

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146







--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Jerzy Tobin
 

When Andronda had woken up that morning, it was decidedly much cooler
than was normal for Arolos weather. After so long in the sweltering
Southern heat - even in the cooler season they were currently in - the
cool down was absolutely delightful. The young goldrider went about
her day with a lot more energy and a much better mood than she'd had
in a long while. With as cool as it was, Andronda wasn't intending to
spend the whole day cooped up in her office, either. After her lunch,
she harnessed Pochi up and took the young wher down towards the lake
for a walk. The exercise would do them both good, and she could enjoy
the weather, even if most of the people around her had been
complaining about it all day. To her, it was just grand!

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


By Why Have All The Cakes Gone? Attn Insaya

Laura Walker
 

Cremsden wasn't really working. If he had been, he wouldn't have had Arden with him, the baby cradled carefully in one arm. No, he was offshift and hovering over a pot that was where the klah pot used to be in the breakroom. Frowning in concentration he added one ingredient and then another, stirring the dark liquid carefully.

He turned at footsteps coming in and  then relaxed seeing who it was. "Oh. It's you."

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hey, You! Stablehand! atten: Garatt/Sarati

sailyn2
 

Midnight walked along quietly. He was usually good at being led. It was the before and after that he was a pain in the arse.

"There you are," Sarati said, waiting next to the crossties, the tack already waiting.


Re: In Over His Head atten: Tyren/Sleek/Kalain/any

sailyn2
 

Sleek lowered herself, tail waving slowly as she watched him approach. She was ready for the wrestling.

~Sleek get Ty~ she said, not quite catching on that he wasn't paying attention to her anymore.


Re: Who, Me? Attn Valder

Laura Walker
 

"Me?" Garatt looked up at that suggestion, his eyes rounding. He might have -- very frequently -- daydreamed about running away and hiding in someone's stables and becoming a BeastCrafter, but whercraft had been a thing that passed him by, even in his daydreams.


On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:57 PM Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:
Sig preened under the kind touch, nudging Garatt's hand if she thought he wasn't scratching fast enough. Valder shook his head. "Nah, Sig's a little over two turns old. She's not a pup by any means." He gave Garatt an appraising look, "Ya have a way with her. Ever thought about being a whercrafter?"



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Matchmaker! Matchmaker! Att: Nykantiath/Primith

Laurie
 

O'lar chuckled at that. "We tend to forget that dragons have minds of their own," he said, as if he'd been a rider for longer than he had. But, having Weyrleader parents had given him insight into many aspects of dragonriding, including dragons manipulating events how they'd like them to go.

"So, is there any truth to what Nykantiath thinks? I know you're a recent transfer here--have you been missing friends you may have left behind? I know that as a rider, it would be easy to hop on your dragon and go visit, but have you not made any friends here yet?"

{{His stories were interesting when I was still a Weyrling,}} Primith said, {{and I do still enjoy them. But I'm looking forward to making my own stories.}} He nuzzled her neck, so she'd know he'd especially like to make stories with her.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 4:50 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> [[PRIMITH!]] O'lar mind-shouted. [[She did not request me to come here.]]
>
> {{No, Nykantiath requested that you go see her,}} Primith said...primly. {{Nykantiath says that hers needs company. Now, leave me alone. I'm busy.}}  He went back to lavishing attention on the gold.
>
> {{Our riders are clueless,}} he said. {{And mine, a little more so. He came from a long time ago. His dam was Weyrwoman then--}} Primith continued to tell Nykantiath some of the images he saw in O'lar's head from when he lived in the Second Pass.
>
> Meanwhile, in Andronda's office, O'lar bowed his head. "Many apologies, weyrwoman. Primith told me that your Nykantiath was the one who sent me here. You don't seem to be in any distress, so why would she do that?"
>
"Oh, Faranth help me," Andronda muttered, flushing with embarrassment.
"My apologies, rider O'lar.  My lady seems to think that my social
life has been lacking lately, and has taken it to mind that she should
be doing something about that, whether I ask her to or not."

For her part, Nykantiath was very, very smug.  With the other dragons
she'd spoken too, she had only gotten Andronda to meet with one other
so far, so the fact that Primith had taken initiative to send his
rider to meet her own delighted her.  She shouldn't have to do all the
work, after all!

((From so long ago?  Fascinating!  He must have many interesting
stories to tell.))


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146






Re: Hey, You! Stablehand! atten: Garatt/Sarati

Laura Walker
 

Carefully Garatt clipped it on and then nearly bounced himself out of the sheer triumph of succeeding in that. Only the thought that giving in to the surge of triumph at getting that far might destroy all his good work allowed him to keep his voice calm and his movements steady. "Come on then, good lad, good lad, off we go, let's go.." he prattled, voice soothing as he led the way, grin nearly splitting his face in half.


On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:59 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
The runner flicked his tail and tossed his head, but settled so he could attach the leadrope.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: In Over His Head atten: Tyren/Sleek/Kalain/any

Laura Walker
 

And Tyren was happy enough to play as long as Sleek didn't use her gold powers to compel him into obedience. R'tal's office was dull and R'tal had been drained from Talith's emotions lately, not as inclined to do anything other than walk and return. The wher needed someone to bounce around with and wrestle and Sleek did beautifully.

He started to stalk the younger wher, body lowered into a crouch, sidling towards her and then froze suddenly, raising his head at an intriguing hint of something on the wind.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:58 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
Kalain stood inside the area designated for wher playing as he watched Tyren and Sleek play together. He could remember the wher from his childhood and when R'tal had needed someone to exercise him, Kalain had jumped at the chance.

~Ty no catch Sleek~ the young gold growled, wiggling her butt and waving her tail happily. Some of the other whers wouldn't play with her because she was unusual, but she didn't share the feelings. She'd play with any wher.



--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: Hey, You! Stablehand! atten: Garatt/Sarati

sailyn2
 

The runner flicked his tail and tossed his head, but settled so he could attach the leadrope.


In Over His Head atten: Tyren/Sleek/Kalain/any

sailyn2
 

Kalain stood inside the area designated for wher playing as he watched Tyren and Sleek play together. He could remember the wher from his childhood and when R'tal had needed someone to exercise him, Kalain had jumped at the chance.

~Ty no catch Sleek~ the young gold growled, wiggling her butt and waving her tail happily. Some of the other whers wouldn't play with her because she was unusual, but she didn't share the feelings. She'd play with any wher.


Re: Do You Hear What I Hear? Attn Any Adult Healer

kepheren
 

There was no doubt about it; this was a particularly difficult shift. Dathyn. For most of it he had been tending to a rider who had been badly burned while fighting thread. There were a few in the burn ward but this one was the worst off of the lot. He had been changing their dressing and the ointments being used to treat them for hours now...and needed still more to complete the job.

That was why he found himself now leaving one of the supply closets with a heavy burden. Several rolls of wrapping, jars of ointments and creams stuffed under his arms at odd angles and more than a little pain killer for the lot of them. The healer was totally unaware of the figure he cut, especially in silouette with his normally scarecrow like frame, beak of a nose and disheveled hair. His shadow cast down the hall ahead of him looked like a mishappen horror of some sort.

Add to the image the low grumbling and cursing as he struggled with his unwieldy bundle. From a distance he looked, and sounded, like something no one would want to meet in a dark corridor. And unbeknownst to him he was on an interception course with Cremsden....


Re: Who, Me? Attn Valder

Amy Frazey
 

Sig preened under the kind touch, nudging Garatt's hand if she thought he wasn't scratching fast enough. Valder shook his head. "Nah, Sig's a little over two turns old. She's not a pup by any means." He gave Garatt an appraising look, "Ya have a way with her. Ever thought about being a whercrafter?"


Re: Bronze Speed Bump. Attn I'des / B'ryn

kepheren
 

Imlearth was mildly torn. Not because he cared much what Sunstreath thought. In his own mind he was superior to any other bronze out there. His ego really was that massive. But His seemed to object to his dominance display and that did bother the dragon.

((Fine. I'll move. A little.))

Begrudgingly he shifted over a bit to allow some room for the other two. It was plain however he only did it for his lifemates sake.

"He takes the stubborn part of being a bronze seriously," B'ryn said in an apologetic tone. Being bonded to Imlearth was always a challenge to keep the big fellow in line and not throwing his rather considerable weight around. None the less he loved him and wouldn't trade him for anything. "If the two of you want to stay your more than welcome and we'll make enough room. I'm B'ryn and this big fellow is Imlearth. Nice to see you both."

He nodded politely to I'des and Sunstreath both.

(Ooc: Sorry for the delays. I've been out of sorts lately.  :(  )


Re: Runner From the Barracks (Attn: Sh'ain/Garatt)

Kevin M
 

Sh'ain nodded.  "Yeah, had him for several Turns before coming to the Weyr.  Carried me across two continents before I met Rhyth.  Also carried Cathern to a win in the Arolos Cup," he added proudly, assuming that Garatt would at least recognize the Telgar Weyrwoman's name.


On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 05:59 PM, Laura Walker wrote:
Garatt reached to stroke the runner's neck, more timid of the man than the beast. "The other one you mentioned, his sire, was he yours as well?"

 
--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord


Taking a break (Attn Zy'fen/I'des/any)

Amy Frazey
 

Zy'fen sat down hard on the bench just outside his weyr, and put the crutches beside him. The past few months of physical therapy was paying off, but it was hard work. He was worn out from that day's round of physical activity, and wished for something cool to drink, since it was afternoon and the sun was beating down. Unfortunately, the pitcher in the weyr was empty.

Zy'fen wiped his hand across his sweaty forehead and looked around to see if there was someone nearby whose attention he could catch, to ask them for a favor.


Re: Tag-team (DWC 11/8 Attn: any)

Amy Frazey
 
Edited

Scally didn't resist when Garatt pulled her away. She was a *good girl*, and the thing was mostly dead anyway. The little black dog licked her chops again, then turned to rub one of her forepaws over an itchy spot on her muzzle where the tunnelsnake had bitten her.

Mystery, meanwhile, grabbed the unresisting body of the snake and started to drag it away, heading for his girl's old room in the candidate barracks.

441 - 460 of 529442