Date   
Re: (WIND) It's Raining Flits (Attn: Tyne) R'zzon

Laurie
 

{{Great. She'll probably want to share food with me,}} Panagath grumbled, but he didn't sound as unhappy about it as R'zzon expected.

"She doesn't eat much, you big goof," R'zzon said aloud, for Tyne's benefit.  Windy seemed to have finally had enough food, though she was still guzzling water.

"I'm surprised she didn't go between too," R'zzon admitted to Tyne. "I'm sure she knows how.  They all know how, right?" 

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Tyne sat back and beamed at R'zzon. "She likes you. That's one of their happy noises." It didn't take long to dab away the rest of the ichor staining her flanks and it looked like the more serious bleeding was slowing to a halt. Bobbin continued providing food, as much as was necessary.

"She isn't very long, I would say she hasn't hatched long ago at all. I'm amazed she didn't just between away the moment she hit you. I'll be surprised if she goes anywhere now though, at the very least you likely have a green shadow following you around."

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 5:11 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Dragonhealer meant Master Larsin. Who may or may not yell at him for the state Windy was in when he brought her to him, but who would surely understand the situation once it was explained.

Windy, for her part, was gobbling the meat as soon as it was given to her, though it seemed that it wasn't fast enough.  But she was a green, and Bobbin was a gold, so she wasn't going to say anything.  In between chunks of dried wherry she drank a lot of water.

"Yes, I will definitely take her to the dragonhealers. With it being Fall, though, I know they were concentrating on fixing dragons, not flits."  He scratched Windy's head and she made a sound that almost seemed like a purr.  Or a breeze blowing through the trees.

"Thank you."

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 5:30 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
If anyone were to ask her, tomorrow maybe, it felt like pushing a huge boulder up a steep hill. At times it felt like she was slipping down again, but she was determined to push it over the summit. Her jaw clenched with the effort of maintaining the emotional onslaught she doused the tiny flit with. Tyne's face was contorted with the intensity of her concentration and Bobbin's own humming seemed to magnify.

She was so tiny, and it felt as though, at times, that she was a mere breath away from vanishing altogether.

Eventually though, the calm seemed to break through and with it came a torrent of relief as she all but collapsed into the chair behind her. It felt as though the worst was past and Bobbin scurried across to the green, warbling and crooning with worried affection.

"She'll need to see a Dragonhealer," Tyne managed, wiping away the sweat the felt as though it was streaming into her eyes. "If you grab some of those clean cloths and press them to her wounds, you want to try and slow down any bleeding." Fumbling in the box, she pulled out a small pouch and pushed it to Bobbin. "You'll need to help her, sweeetling." And Bobbin did, pulling out the thick, meaty chunks of dried wherry and pushing bits towards the little green.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Panagath did his own flit-whispering, talking little Windy through the pain.  {{It will stop hurting soon, little one,}} he kept saying over and over.

R'zzon gently held the little green as she greedily drank the water.  Loosing as much blood as she probably had, she definitely needed the drink.  She looked at Bobbin pitifully, radiating hunger.  The queen fire lizard was, to her, her best bet for getting fed.

"OK sweetie, you're not going to like this," R'zzon said.  Panagath echoed him, still holding onto calm healing thoughts as R'zzon poured the redwort over her.  

She shrieked in pain, but settled down again at all the calm being projected her way.  Maybe it didn't hurt as badly as she thought it did, she seemed to be telling herself.  R'zzon patted her dry, then pulled his had back noting the scratches she had given him.  How often did someone get scratched and at the same time treated with the antiseptic as they were being injured?

Windy craned her neck out again towards the water and warbled pitifully, so R'zzon moved the water dish closer to her so she could drink once again.

"So, what do you think?" he asked Tyne, impressed with her flit-talking abilities.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

At Tyne's own encouragement, Bobbin kept up her calming, thrumming croon. It was pleasant sound to hear, even for human ears. "The water stings, that's why they struggle. Like when we wash out a cut, it hurts. Let her drink what she needs then pat her dry with this." Tyne passed over a small, soft rag. "You'll be just fine, lovely - we're going to get you some food when all of this is over and you can have a nice sleep." And then they'd figure out what to do with her, but that would come later. Sitting next to R'zzon she poured a little redwort into a jug of water before submerging a cloth in it. Safe, safe here. Good. She continued to push out that feeling, that reassurance. Later she would no doubt have a headache but that could be dealt with.

"When you're done with that, sit her in the clean dish, you're going to need to pour this over her. She won't like it, it will hurt and she will probably lash out. She's got teeth and claws and she won't be afraid to use them - but I will be here and Bobbin is calming her too. Hopefully you won't be too bloodied." Her voice was calm and matter of fact, no trace of caution or whispery quietness. She was going to need to push hard and push she did, Bobbin doing the same as she used her gold's ability to stop the flit from betweening away.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

R'zzon held the little flit - he'd started calling her Windy in his head - and also radiated calm and safety to her while watching Tyne efficiently gather things together.  He wondered if she'd be willing to work in the Dragon Infirmary - Master Larsin was constantly complaining about how inefficient his apprentices and journeymen were.  He wondered what he would think of Tyne.  Windy turned her head to watch the goings on, then looked back at R'zzon as if she trusted him.  When Bobbin began to croon, she visibly relaxed.

"Come on, little Windy, let's get you cleaned up," he said as he lowered her into the water.  She started to struggle a bit, then stopped again at Bobbin's and Cairn's urgings..  Being a rider, R'zzon was used to cleaning scores, but firelizards were so tiny.  He was also hard put to keep her from trying to drink the dirty bathwater.  When she was clean and he'd toweled her off, he pulled over another small bowl and poured water in it.  "She's thirsty," he explained sheepishly.  "Probably hungry too."



On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"Table." She pointed at the small table she and Idri shared to eat at. The tiredness might be gnawing at her brain but right now, she had something to focus on and it brought her to life. Bustling around, she went into a cupboard and pulled out a small workbox.... It was her "emergency repair" box. But for her winged friends.. "Bobbin, can you help too, please?" She hadn't needed to say it verbally, but that way she was telling R'zzon what was going on. Bobbin and Cairn had been watching the disturbance with worried orange whirling in their eyes. Without a second glance, Bobbin settled herself on the back of one of the chairs pushed under the table and tucked her wings to her side. She began to trill, a low, reverberating croon that was immensely comforting to hear. Safe, she reassured the green, dropping a blanket of reassurance and gold-induced calm. 

"Cairn." It was all she had to say, the bronze was suddenly darting around the room like a mad fly, snatching things from shelves and dropping them at the table. A pouch of rags, what looked like a jar of salve and other small tools and items. Aaru kept out of the way, resuming her sentry's perch in the rafters and scuttling back and forth. If Bobbin needed her to do anything, it would be done in a heartbeat.

Grabbing a large bowl, Tyne filled it with water and brought it to the table, setting it down directly in front of R'zzon. "You need to immerse her first, make sure there's nothing left on her," she told R'zzon, her face drawn with worry. The flit in his hands didn't look very old at all. Safe.. She reassured alongside Bobbin. Friends. Safe.  Tyne wouldn't have been able to explain how she put that into... well, emotion. If she really REALLY had to describe it explicit detail, she might compare it to the way a Candidate radiated hope and encouragement to a dragonet at a Hatching. But she didn't like to go down that comparison, for obvious reasons. It made her skin crawl.

Now was the moment of truth. All she and Bobbin could do was impress on the little green just how important it was she stay and that what they were doing, they were doing to help.


On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:
 

"I rotated out," R'zzon said.  "Fall was almost over, our Wing wasn't hit as badly as some others, so I took the chance to bring this little girl here."  He looked down at the firelizard, and she mewled pitifully, almost sounding like a feline.

"Fall was bad, and I doubt that Master Larsin would appreciate me 'wasting' one of his apprentice's time fixing her up."  He gave Tyne a sad look.  "Do you think you can help her?"

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Aaru inspected R'zzon, and his... friend. The oddly silent firelizard sat there a second or two before vanishing again. A few minutes later, the door latch was heard rattling and Tyne's dark eyes, heavily shadowed, could be seen peering around the corner of the door.. "R'zzon?" she asked, looking genuinely confused for a moment. "Shouldn't you be flying Fall?" Then her eyes settled on the tiny, bleeding bundle in the Rider's hands and her eyes widened...... "Where did you get that?" she exclaimed, opening the door widely and stepping out into the tunnel. Bobbin was there in an instant, her curiosity piqued by Tyne's own.

"Come in, come in!" Tyne stepped aside, gesturing for R'zzon to come into her quarters.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:29 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"Hello there, uh...Aaru, isn't it?" R'zzon said, cradling the hurt firelizard.  "Is Tyne about?  This little girl needs some help."  He showed Aaru the green, and calmed her down when she started to struggle.  "Shhhhh, little one," he said.  "We're getting you help."

If this had been any other day, he probably would have gone straight to the Dragonhealers.  But they were all busy with hurt dragons.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

OoC: I'm not going to lie, I laughed at the mental image of a flit clinging to someone's head xD I'm assuming this is set the day after Tyne's wooble.

IC: When the shout had gone up for the dragons to get ready to fly, Idri had put on her sternest face and told Tyne that she was to stay inside for the rest of the day. Idri had agreed to help in the Infirmary, feeling that an extra set of hands was more than likely going to be appreciated. She had come back from a nightshift in the early hours of the morning and had found Tyne fast asleep. She had no idea that her charge had... had a moment and had collapsed into her furs for a few hours rest herself. She noticed that Tyne had seemed a bit quiet but her charge had reassured her that she would be fine on her own and that she wouldn't be going anywhere.

That hadn't been a lie. Exhausted from her upset during the night, when Idri had left for her shift, Tyne had locked the door behind her and promptly curled herself up on the couch with a blanket over her lap. Both Cairn and Bobbin were curled up in her lap, twined up with each other into a ball of soft hide. She had recently take up learning to knit, not that it was going especially well, but it gave her something to focus on that wasn't her own silence. It was quietly comforting. And a quiet day was just what she needed. The heavy curtains that helped to block out the sounds were up and they did indeed help to muffle the sounds of the outside. It hadn't stopped her wincing when the unmistakable sound of injured dragons coming down permeated the thick material. She still hated that sound and it still made her stomach knot up with anxious nausea. 

It was under control though. And the tiny drop of diluted fellis in her klah was helping as well. She knew that Idri had slipped it in, thinking that Tyne hadn't noticed. But she had. And she appreciated the fact that it continued to take the edge off things. It blurred the edges. And it helped.

So there she was, curled up on her couch, brow furrowed in concentration as she tried to master her newest project, a cushion cover and trying to keep her ears closed to the noises outside. It was Aaru who noticed that someone was headed their way, the green perking her head up with a loud cheep from where she snoozed up in the rafters. The inquisitive green scuttled down and sat on the back of a chair, her tiny eyes fixed on the door before she vanished only to pop up outside. Fastening herself to the door frame, the green peered around. She was sure she had heard someone coming.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:30 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Threadfall Generator:  MidFall you will feel something drop onto your head and cling there. Upon examination you will discover it is a badly-injured but still living wild green firelizard..


Fall was going pretty much like R'zzon had expected.  Thread being buffeted everywhere, riders doing their best to get the Thread while not flaming themselves or others.  But they were handling it.  The whole Weyr was handling it, and R'zzon was proud to be a part of Arolos.

[[You doing OK, Pan?]] R'zzon asked.

{{Yes.  The wind is strong, but we're stonger,}} Panagath responded, signalling and flaming another tangle.

[[Good.  That's....oof! What was that?]]  R'zzon gingerly reached up to find out what had hit him on the head.  Gingerly, because he hoped it wasn't a Thread pod.  Whatever it was moved, and he yanked his hand back.

{{What's wrong?}}

[[Something's on my head,]] R'zzon said, reaching up again.  Panagath risked a quick look at his rider and burst out laughing.

[[What?]]

{{There's a firelizard hanging onto your head for dear life,}} Pan said.  {{I think it's hurt.}}

R'zzon reached up again, this time with both hands and pulled the flit off of his head.  Not without some trouble - if his helmet hadn't been fastened on as well as it was, he would have lost that to the claws hanging on for dear life.  But, he was finally able to get it off and had it cradled in his arms.

The little green firelizard - at least, he thought she was green - she was more of a pale teal - gazed at him with wide eyes.  He realized that she was still young, she was scared, and she was hurt.  There was a deep score in her side, and she was bleeding.

Cursing under his breath, R'zzon made an executive decision and unwrapped his scarf from his face.  If he ate a few bugs, so be it.  He wrapped her in the scarf, then unfastened his jacket and  put her in, then closed it back up again.  "Sorry, little one," he said, "we have Thread to fight."

He and Panagath continued to fight Thread until Fall was over, then went back to the Weyr with the rest of his wing.  He took Pan's harness off and sent him to the lake - with luck, there would be some enterprising Candidates there willing to bathe dragons who's riders were busy elsewhere - and immediately went to find Tyne.  If anyone could help a hurt and scared firelizard, it would be his Tyne.




--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Laurie Hicks <laurie.lynne@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble
 

Rhosgen wondered if he'd be able to successfully navigate back the way the wher had led him in without moving his hands, and took a careful step backwards, stepping on a stick that hadn't been under his feet on the way in. 
The crack on dry wood made him freeze in place, as ge realised he'd have to see to escape. 

Re: Despair on the Wings of a flit. (Alyx/ Cremsden)

Laura Walker
 

Cremsden didn't look surprised. No Healer made it past a few turns into Journeyman without knowing what loss looked like.

"Bit of a shock, sweetheart," he offered, voice sympathetic but matter of fact. "Take a moment to breathe. Here now," he offered her a clean handkerchief. "Just breathe a minute. Door's shut, no-one's going to break in and disturb you, no need to worry about that."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Alyx didn't even seem to register that he had moved, staring at the note, her eyes flicked back and forth, reading it, and rereading it. Shock, a distant part of her mind whispered, this is shock. Realizing that she took a deep breath, tried once to talk, but her throat had closed, and she couldn't get a sound out. It was from her old friend, Micel. Her eyes started to blur, and tears slipped out, as she wordlessly held the note out to Cremsden. It read...

'Dear Alyx,
I am so sorry, your grandfather was so sick.
 You know how he's been this last year.
 I think he didn't want to fight any more.
I am glad Ardy came when he did,
Argen left some things for you, 
but they are too big for Ardy to carry.
Let me know when you can whether you
want to come for them, or have us send them.
Send Ardy for me if you need anything.

Micel

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Alyx couldn't help a chuckle at Cremsden's delivery. And in a way she did agree with him, some of the riders she knew really didn't think much of other kinds of pain. She'd seen riders with broken bones in their hands, who hadn't come in when it happened cause 'eh it's just a little pain' Then of course, things had to at times be rebroken and set straight, which lead to more pain, and more recovery time. And sometimes even some loss of feeling.

"Yea I've seen some of that too Cremsden. But I've also seen crafters do some of the same kinds of things, so I think it's just a people thing. They don't want to admit to needing a healer. Heck I've done it when I was younger, and I ought to know better!" Alyx was willing to admit her failings in that way at least.  

Then there was a little poof of air behind her, and her bronze flit Ardy was there. As she turned to greet the flit, her face went from happy and enjoying the conversation, to worried. Ardy was quite upset, and it took her a moment to get him to land on her arm. There was a message tied to his collar. Once he landed, and she removed the message, the flit, who wasn't normally too affectionate while they were in the infirmary, pressed himself up against the girl's side. Alyx didn't stop him either. She rolled open the note, reading it, the color drained from her face. This couldn't be right, it couldn't...

Cremsden read her face even if he didn't know the reason for it. He looked at her for a long minute and then, without a word, got up to shut the study-room door, placing the sign on the outside that said it was in use right now. Then to the klah pot and he quietly poured himself another mug and Alyx one with several spoons of sweetener, placing it next to her hand before he sat back down.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Laura Walker
 

Kel was considering now, his hand resting on Gavroth as he thought.

"Every time there isn't a patient I reckon he glances at me," he said slowly. "You reckon someone over there might urgently need a Healer?"

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Lerian grinned at Kel. "No offense meant, I just know sometimes when it's really important a dragon will do something to help their rider, even if the rider doesn't want it." At this point Lerian's second flit caught up with him,  on either shoulder were a grown bronze and a tiny hatchling blue. "What can we do to get them good and distracted? There's a real nice redfruit tree not too far from here, I think we can make it if they aren't looking."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Vicky Orman
 


Tyren took the wherry from him, and then proceeded to drop it on top of the two men.

Well, that at least woke R'tal up. Dead and still bleeding animals suddenly on top of you tended to do that. "Oh what the shards? Faranth, K'ren, wake up, Ty's brought something back and it's probably swarming with bugs of one type or another. There's sharding blood still coming out of it--" He was abruptly very awake and sitting up and still completely unaware of Rhosgen because really when you just got attacked with a dead wherry witnesses were not the important part.

Tyren sat down patiently. He didn't say anything but the way the wher's mouth hung open suggested that if whers could laugh he might have wanted to.

"...wha?" K'ren cracked open an eye a bit drowsily and then shot awake feeling very much like he had some form of hangover. "Ow! Ty, what have we told you about bring dead animals into the weyr." It took him a moment to process he wasn't in the weyr and he was indeed naked in the wilderness. "Oh."


Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Laura Walker
 

Tyren took the wherry from him, and then proceeded to drop it on top of the two men.

Well, that at least woke R'tal up. Dead and still bleeding animals suddenly on top of you tended to do that. "Oh what the shards? Faranth, K'ren, wake up, Ty's brought something back and it's probably swarming with bugs of one type or another. There's sharding blood still coming out of it--" He was abruptly very awake and sitting up and still completely unaware of Rhosgen because really when you just got attacked with a dead wherry witnesses were not the important part.

Tyren sat down patiently. He didn't say anything but the way the wher's mouth hung open suggested that if whers could laugh he might have wanted to.



On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Rhosgen was giving serious thought to ripping his hand from the guiding wher's mouth and fleeing back into the woods when the wher finally stopped. 
By even more naked adults. How was this now his life?!
The wher releasing his hand and taking the wherry from his other, he covered his eyes with his hands, ignoring the saliva on one and worse on the other. 

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 10:23 AM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: One more duckling attn Cremsden Aryn

Laura Walker
 


After hearing that Roryn wasn’t injured, Aryn relaxed  “More likely a ‘I found somewhere without anyone to bother me to read and lost track of time’ hideaway.” Aryn clucked her fingers and gave a trilling whistle, her brown flit slinking off the wall and to her to settle around her throat. 
“Skiffy.” She rubbed the browns eye ridge. “Find Roryn.”
With a chore and a flick of his tail, the flutter was gone, popping back in to his pet after a moment, sending a strong image of a classroom? With a weyr ledge? 

“Surely things haven’t changed that much since I was an apprentice.” She muttered befor one hand went on her hip and she looked up at Cremsden. “This guy says she is in a room with tables, Klah and a weyr ledge that’s fenced. ” She sighed as the flit dove down her top and got comfortable. “You don’t have anywhere like that here, do you?”


"That's the apprentices' room." Cremsden frowned a little, but turned to lead the way. "Eleven turns old, you say? We've had a few new kids lately. I don't remember a blonde girl but I could be wrong."

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Hear Me ROAR (Neffeyn, any)

Cassandra Coogan
 



On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Mya L. R. <mleesan@...> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Cassandra Coogan <Aroloscass@...> wrote:
Fl’kol made his way down to greet the other rider, a wry smile flickering across his face as Nifureeth practically preened. 
((Now you I will definitely keep my eye on)) he shifted on the rim. ((Mine and I are almost off watchduty so I could show you the best places to observe the weyr.))

“Welcome to Arolos” Fl’kol called out as he came close enough.

It wasn't an offer to point her toward the nearest evil, but it would give her a place to find the evils herself.  {{That is a fine idea!  I appreciate the guidance and will remember your willingness to help the cause.}}  Aryorath answered Nifureeth happily.

Neffeyn turned in the direction the voice came from, fixing his grey eyes onto Fl'kol.  "Oh?  Hello there!  Are you the rider of the bronze Aryorath is talking to?"

“I am Nifureeth’s, yes.” Fl’kol answered. “I do hope he doesn’t pull her into any trouble. He may be missing an eye but he doesn’t miss much and loves finding out secrets”  he sighed slightly. “I’m Fl’kol.”


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723

Re: To Work, Ducklings! Attn Baby Apprentice Healers #medhunt

Cassandra Coogan
 

Chyltas finally got the courage to approach someone, stumbling a little at a rock she didn’t quite see. She put her hand out “I’m Chyltas. We should work together.”

Ooc: she didn’t pick anyone in particular. 


On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana was over on one side of the group. She couldn't see her cousin, and she wasn't really friends with anyone yet. She thought she'd wander through the group and see if everyone had paired up or not.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 00:59, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Jerronila was also looking around, nervous because she still hadn't made any friends. 
What if no one wanted to partner with her?
She saw another girl looking around and smiled hopefully at her. 
At least she'd redone her braids the night before so she didn't look scruffy.  

 

Re: One more duckling attn Cremsden Aryn

Cassandra Coogan
 



On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Aryn held her hand up “This tall, blond hair, age eleven and her name is Roryn.” Aryn rattled off. Her attention shifted to a dark corner momentarily and she scowled “she may be hiding out here. Especially since that little pain in my butt has been ignoring me.” She pointed at the pale brown flit who gave a squeak before pressing further into the shadows. 

“Does this place have a weyr ledge with a fence up? 

Cremsden called back over his shoulder to the nearest apprentice. "Sionel. Any eleven turn old girls in today?"

The boy stood still to consider. "No girls. Had a little boy in earlier who jammed his finger in the door," he offered. "And a baby who fell out his highchair."

"I think the lady was looking for a specific girl, not the closest possible replacement," Cremsden said mildly. "Right. Well, it sounds unlikely she's injured so there's one worry put to bed. We're looking for a runaway then?"

After hearing that Roryn wasn’t injured, Aryn relaxed  “More likely a ‘I found somewhere without anyone to bother me to read and lost track of time’ hideaway.” Aryn clucked her fingers and gave a trilling whistle, her brown flit slinking off the wall and to her to settle around her throat. 
“Skiffy.” She rubbed the browns eye ridge. “Find Roryn.”
With a chore and a flick of his tail, the flutter was gone, popping back in to his pet after a moment, sending a strong image of a classroom? With a weyr ledge? 

“Surely things haven’t changed that much since I was an apprentice.” She muttered befor one hand went on her hip and she looked up at Cremsden. “This guy says she is in a room with tables, Klah and a weyr ledge that’s fenced. ” She sighed as the flit dove down her top and got comfortable. “You don’t have anywhere like that here, do you?”
--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble
 

Rhosgen was giving serious thought to ripping his hand from the guiding wher's mouth and fleeing back into the woods when the wher finally stopped. 
By even more naked adults. How was this now his life?!
The wher releasing his hand and taking the wherry from his other, he covered his eyes with his hands, ignoring the saliva on one and worse on the other. 

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 10:23 AM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Laura Walker
 

It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 


On Fri, 17 Aug 2018, 7:27 PM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Rhosgen looked at the dead face of the wherry for a moment before nodding. 
It wasn't a fish but if it got the wher to get him un-lost then he'd do it. 
He picked the dead wherry up and let the wher guide him, trying not to think about how the wherry felt in his grasp. 




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Alyx
 

Lerian grinned at Kel. "No offense meant, I just know sometimes when it's really important a dragon will do something to help their rider, even if the rider doesn't want it." At this point Lerian's second flit caught up with him,  on either shoulder were a grown bronze and a tiny hatchling blue. "What can we do to get them good and distracted? There's a real nice redfruit tree not too far from here, I think we can make it if they aren't looking."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)

Re: The Smart Don't Swim (Kl'ryn, C'fer)

Rabble Rabble
 

Sengroth snorted, not really caring that someone else got wet.  {{Better than it bein' on *ME*.}}  The brown scoffed unhappily.  Though the brown was unrepentant, the brownrider waded over to the shore with a scowl shot toward his brown.  "Sorry.  He is always like that once he's allowed out of the water."  Kl'ryn said to the greenrider. 

C'fer looked up from the panicked Panic making distressed chirps inside his shirt, opening his mouth to tell the other person - a mere brownrider according to the indignant Abelindath - and paused. 
He turned his head to the side in a reflexive attempt to hide his half-scarred face, and smiled at the brownrider. 
"That's alright," he replied, his body language a bit shy. 

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Laura Walker
 


> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Jerzy Tobin
 

Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.

"Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys. The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless. "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."



--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Alyx
 

Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads. 

"Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian dropped down into the grass nearby, and huffed. "That's no fun, what's the good of being outdoors if all they let you do is sit there?" Lerian did a quick look around, and bit his lip. He had a plan, but he might need some help pulling if off.
>
> "Can you jog? Or walk fast?" Lerian asked intently.
>
It was his break time, and Lesal was at a bit of a loss. There really
wasn't a whole lot for him to *do* while not working on the gathering
or preparing of the medical plants, and he really didn't want to
volunteer for extra chores.  What he wanted to do was go explore, but,
even with two firelizards, it didn't seem like a good idea to go
wandering off on his own.  So when he spotted the two boys that looked
to be around his own age, one with a blue dragon, Lesal made his way
over to them, the blue and brown flits draped over his shoulders
chattering excited greetings to the trio.

"Hey there," Lesal said cheerfully by way of a greeting.




Kel was watching one specific Healer. Luckily for him, that Healer had just had someone hurry up holding out an arm with some kind of injury.

"Oh no." He raised his voice slightly in case Evrand was listening. "I have to sit very still." 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Laura Walker
 


> Lerian dropped down into the grass nearby, and huffed. "That's no fun, what's the good of being outdoors if all they let you do is sit there?" Lerian did a quick look around, and bit his lip. He had a plan, but he might need some help pulling if off.
>
> "Can you jog? Or walk fast?" Lerian asked intently.
>
It was his break time, and Lesal was at a bit of a loss. There really
wasn't a whole lot for him to *do* while not working on the gathering
or preparing of the medical plants, and he really didn't want to
volunteer for extra chores.  What he wanted to do was go explore, but,
even with two firelizards, it didn't seem like a good idea to go
wandering off on his own.  So when he spotted the two boys that looked
to be around his own age, one with a blue dragon, Lesal made his way
over to them, the blue and brown flits draped over his shoulders
chattering excited greetings to the trio.

"Hey there," Lesal said cheerfully by way of a greeting.




Kel was watching one specific Healer. Luckily for him, that Healer had just had someone hurry up holding out an arm with some kind of injury.

"Oh no." He raised his voice slightly in case Evrand was listening. "I have to sit very still." 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Jerzy Tobin
 

Lerian dropped down into the grass nearby, and huffed. "That's no fun, what's the good of being outdoors if all they let you do is sit there?" Lerian did a quick look around, and bit his lip. He had a plan, but he might need some help pulling if off.

"Can you jog? Or walk fast?" Lerian asked intently.
It was his break time, and Lesal was at a bit of a loss. There really
wasn't a whole lot for him to *do* while not working on the gathering
or preparing of the medical plants, and he really didn't want to
volunteer for extra chores. What he wanted to do was go explore, but,
even with two firelizards, it didn't seem like a good idea to go
wandering off on his own. So when he spotted the two boys that looked
to be around his own age, one with a blue dragon, Lesal made his way
over to them, the blue and brown flits draped over his shoulders
chattering excited greetings to the trio.

"Hey there," Lesal said cheerfully by way of a greeting.


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Re: Despair on the Wings of a flit. (Alyx/ Cremsden)

Alyx
 

Alyx didn't even seem to register that he had moved, staring at the note, her eyes flicked back and forth, reading it, and rereading it. Shock, a distant part of her mind whispered, this is shock. Realizing that she took a deep breath, tried once to talk, but her throat had closed, and she couldn't get a sound out. It was from her old friend, Micel. Her eyes started to blur, and tears slipped out, as she wordlessly held the note out to Cremsden. It read...

'Dear Alyx,
I am so sorry, your grandfather was so sick.
 You know how he's been this last year.
 I think he didn't want to fight any more.
I am glad Ardy came when he did,
Argen left some things for you, 
but they are too big for Ardy to carry.
Let me know when you can whether you
want to come for them, or have us send them.
Send Ardy for me if you need anything.

Micel

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Alyx couldn't help a chuckle at Cremsden's delivery. And in a way she did agree with him, some of the riders she knew really didn't think much of other kinds of pain. She'd seen riders with broken bones in their hands, who hadn't come in when it happened cause 'eh it's just a little pain' Then of course, things had to at times be rebroken and set straight, which lead to more pain, and more recovery time. And sometimes even some loss of feeling.

"Yea I've seen some of that too Cremsden. But I've also seen crafters do some of the same kinds of things, so I think it's just a people thing. They don't want to admit to needing a healer. Heck I've done it when I was younger, and I ought to know better!" Alyx was willing to admit her failings in that way at least.  

Then there was a little poof of air behind her, and her bronze flit Ardy was there. As she turned to greet the flit, her face went from happy and enjoying the conversation, to worried. Ardy was quite upset, and it took her a moment to get him to land on her arm. There was a message tied to his collar. Once he landed, and she removed the message, the flit, who wasn't normally too affectionate while they were in the infirmary, pressed himself up against the girl's side. Alyx didn't stop him either. She rolled open the note, reading it, the color drained from her face. This couldn't be right, it couldn't...

Cremsden read her face even if he didn't know the reason for it. He looked at her for a long minute and then, without a word, got up to shut the study-room door, placing the sign on the outside that said it was in use right now. Then to the klah pot and he quietly poured himself another mug and Alyx one with several spoons of sweetener, placing it next to her hand before he sat back down.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)