Date   
Re: Hear Me ROAR (Neffeyn, any)

Mya L. R.
 

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Cassandra Coogan <Aroloscass@...> wrote:

“I am Nifureeth’s, yes.” Fl’kol answered. “I do hope he doesn’t pull her into any trouble. He may be missing an eye but he doesn’t miss much and loves finding out secrets”  he sighed slightly. “I’m Fl’kol.”

"And with that I can say that 1 of our skills is, apparently, arriving at the right time to meet the best watchrider pair we could!  If she knew that she probably would've told me your names before getting distracted there.  Well met, Fl'kol.  Aryorath and I will be hoping that there are a lot of secrets to find around here.  I'm going to enjoy looking around."  Neffeyn said cheerfully, while cheerfully being too distracted by the conversation to remember that Aryorath hadn't actually introduced her rider by name.


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723

Re: Draw a picture, it'll last longer (Tyne/JM Torrela)

Laurie
 

Torrela nodded, though she was rather roughly reminded that Tyne didn't want to be "here". But unless and until she did something drastic, today's outcome was the best she could hope for.

"You're right," she said. "I believe that today's session has gone as well as it could, for a first session." From what she'd heard from others, any session with Tyne running to completion was a success.

"It was good to meet you, and I look forward to our next meeting." She was a little surprised to realize that she really was looking forward to it. But until then, she'd keep an eye out.

(OOC: And end!)

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:09 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: We can wrap this one up on yours if you like :)

IC: It might occur to Tyne later that her actions were actually rather rude and if Idri ever found out about it, she was sure she was in for a telling off and then some. She wasn't sure if she was meant to respond to Torrela's expression of seeing why she had impressed gold and in the end she offered a shrug and a noise that sounded like "meh". 

"Dwelling on it won't bring Myrandith back. Ever. If I'm going to be kept here, I might at least be remotely functional." At least for most of the times. She couldn't promise when it came to the bad days. But there was never the less a slight bitterness in her voice when she said that she was being "kept" there. It was a dangerous statement and a constant reminder that suicidal ideation was never far away.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 4:44 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Torrela gasped as the card was snatched from her grip, but as Tyne spoke, she began to relax.

"I see why you Impressed gold," she said. "I can also see that you have begun the long journey of, not acceptance, but at least the allowance of what has happened."  She highly doubted that her loss would ever fully be accepted.



On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 5:09 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
No one had ever said Tyne wasn't impulsive and at times, impetuous. It was probably those qualities, once upon a time, that had made her such a perfect match for Myrandith's own, similar traits. She saw the slight shift in Torrela's face as she drew the new card and immediately put two and two together. Something was off.

"Hmm." She finally voiced aloud after several agonising seconds ticked by. "Maybe we should stop." And then, without warning, she lunged forward and snatched the card away. Quick as a scalded feline, she propelled herself out of her chair and away from Torrela as she inspected the card. It immediately became apparent as to why the Mindhealer might have been uncertain about letting her see it.

At least the dragon was blue. In a bizarre way, that actually helped. "Unity." she said finally, after what felt like an age had gone by. "The perfect, most harmonic of partnerships." There was nothing bad that she could see. The rainbow, the dragon, even the girl. "Wherever they're going, they're going together." Stepping back up to the table, she handed the card back. "She's peaceful. They both are. The rainbow makes that clear. Maybe they went through something bad together and the rainbow represents that, like the calm after the storm."



On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Torrela smiled.  "I'm glad you like this.  I know how hard it is to have people trying to tell you what you're thinking, but I'd rather have you talking.  And it feels...fun, I guess.  Most people like pictures."  She was impressed at how Tyne interpreted that card. A few more sessions and Tyne might be able to open up a little more.

"Let's do one more, and call it a session.  You'll need time for your mind to assimilate what you've thought of, and I don't want to overwhelm you."  She shuffled, and pulled out another card.  Looking at it, she frowned.  "Or, maybe we should just end here."


(OOC: I pulled this one   https://www.tarot.com/tarot/cards/seven-of-cups/crystal-visions  so, you can either have Tyne grab the card to look at it, or have her acquiesce on ending the session.)

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 6:56 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Taking the card, Tyne inspected it as thoroughly as she had the others. She traced the outline of the dragon and a small smile pulled at the corner of her lips. "They're preparing for something. I'm not sure what. I think the boy is scared, maybe reluctant and the his companion is patiently waiting for him to be ready so they can go together. He'll wait as long as he needs to." She had carefully avoided saying "dragon", preferring instead to say "companion". She was liking this exercise, she didn't want to mar it by going down the dragon route, not yet at least. When Torrela gave her own interpretation of the previous card. "Yes.. yes I can see that. Nostalgia, remembrance, memories."

She looked Torrela dead in the eye, "I like this. I can see what you're doing. You're probing. But I like the way you're doing it. It feels more... honest like this. The cards give me something to think about."
 
It didn't surprise Torrela that each image reminded Tyne of leaving.  The girl, going over a cliff.  The woman, seemingly leaving her child.  She wanted to talk to Tyne about that now, but the girl was just starting to get interested in what was happening, so instead, she pulled out another card.

This time she winced.  This was about going on a journey, but she didn't think Tyne would see it that way.

"What would you say if I said that the card waxed nostalgic for me?" she asked as she rotated the next card in her hand.  "But, as I said, there's no right and no wrong to this exercise - I just prefer to see how you see these pictures.

She hesitated, then put the next card down.  "What does this remind you of?" she asked.


On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

OoC: Your card idea was an amazing one. But I'm now starting to recognise that Tyne has some SERIOUS abandonment issues xD

IC: That was interesting, that wasn't the response she'd expected. As she sat back, Tyne had half expected to be berated and told that the card actually represented this or that. Interesting. Her interest was piqued and she leaned forward, subconsciously adopting a more engaged position as she reached out for the next card. She had no idea what any of this meant, if anything, but it was nice change from being asked how she felt today, had she had nightmares, was she still sad, yadda yadda. Vacuous wherry shite. Anyway, focus. Holding the card in front her, she took her time and let her eyes rove over the picture. Tyne held onto it for a few minutes, taking in the details. When she spoke, she didn't immediately return the card to the table.

"It's a mother leaving her child. They've spent the day together, but where the mother has to go, the child can't follow. That's why the mother is giving the child the light, so she can signal the mother back again when they can see each other." Tyne paused, looking at the card again before looking back at Torrela. "I think the child is dead. That's why she's in the water. The woman is leaving the memory of the child behind, but leaving the light as a... a..." she paused, waving her hands as she tried to find the word. ".... memento?"



On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

​"Interesting," Torrela said, looking at the​ card.  She could see where Tyne would get that - it did look like the woman was saying goodbye.  "To me, it looks like she's unaware of what's ahead of her, only what's around her.  But," she gave Tyne a smile, "neither interpretation is wrong."  She shuffled her cards again, and put another one down.

"What is happening here?" she asked.



(for my own rememberance - Crystal Visions Tarot, Six of Cups.)

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:04 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

She hadn't expected a card to be set in front of her and for a minute it was apparent Tyne wasn't sure what it was Torrela was asking of her. She wasn't good with imagination stuff. She remembered her disastrous attempt at pretending she had Impressed during Candidacy and it was.. awkward. But she didn't think that the Mindhealer was asking her to imagine. "Okaaa-aaay...." she said dubiously and picked up the card. Carefully she inspected it. It was several minutes before she spoke. "She's sad. She's saying goodbye.. The vtols don't want her to go, but she has to." She set the card back down, melancholy on her face.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:23 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Torrela pursed her lips in thought.  "I see.  If that didn't make you happy then, it probably won't now.  I don't think anything in the Textile arts would make you happy - you don't like to sit stil."  She was making observations to herself, but also watching Tyne's reaction.

"Let's try a different tactic."  She shuffled her cards one more time, then pulled one out at random.  Laying it on the table in front of Tyne, she said, "What do you see in this card?  What does this picture make you think of?  How does it make you feel?"



(OOC: Not sure where all my notes went, but I found a partial conversation where on Pern, The Fool would actually be The Applicant - basically standing for someone who is starting out in the world - an apprentice, or a candidate.)

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:00 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

The look she gave Torrela was clear that she didn't believe the Mindhealer one bit. Productive member of society, right. Tell that to the rest of the world. However, the optimism intrigued her. All right then, she'd play along. Settling herself back in the chair, Tyne drew one leg up over the other and looked the picture of self-assurance. Too bad she was anything but on the inside and perhaps the only thing that might give that away was the unconscious chewing of her lip. A very bad habit, one she had had a very long time. 

"My mother convinced my father to allow me to apprentice as a Weaver. But that was short lived because my half-brother then paid one of his floozies to come and spirit us away in the middle of the night." Her face remained almost expressionless as she said this and if it weren't for the slight crinkling of her nose that suggested her distaste at the matter, you might have thought it meant nothing to her at all. "But I don't know if I like Weaving anymore. It feels.. very dull and something a Lady Holder or bored wife should spend her days doing." And she was not now, or ever going to be, a bored wife or Lady Holder.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 1:57 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Torrela shrugged at Tyne's acerbity.  "Presumptive?  I don't think so," she said calmly.  "Everyone has the ability to be productive.  Including former bastard daughters of Lord Holders, and former weyrwomen."  She gave Tyne a dry look.  

The problem with the riderless was that no one knew how to handle them.  Dragonless scared Weyrfolk, because it could happen to them.  And they scared Holders because the person seemed to be not all there - which was true.  Torrela didn't like either form of fear.  Dragonless were still people, and deserved to be treated like people.  And she would make that happen, one person at a time.

"So, you had no type of Craft, since you were going to be used as currency," she said.  "But Lady Holders, no matter how minor, had to be able to do something.  What types of things are you good at?"

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@gmail..com [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

The way she was moving the cards, it was.... hypnotic. Tyne found herself watching for far long than she meant to before shaking herself out of it and her eyes narrowed with annoyance. "That's an awful lot of presumption about someone you've just met.." Although her face was calm, serene almost, there was a slight edge to her tone. She didn't like how quickly this one had gotten into her head. She knew she was.. what, a sideshow attraction now? She didn't have a dragon, she didn't have a craft, shells - she wasn't even a support worker or a creche worker. She was.... just there. Feeling useless and like a burden.

Ah, before Myrandith. Now that was a direction she could quickly and easily channel her annoyance. "I was the unwanted daughter of a nameless minor Lord Holder. Sorry, bastard daughter of his mistress because his one and only son, and heir to the Hold, not only went and impressed himself a dragon but got caught in the stable in the arms of the stable boy.. What I wanted, was irrelevant, I would have been pawned off to some random son in marriage for whatever money could be gotten off me." What *had* she wanted? Truth was, Tyne wasn't even sure she remembered now, it felt like an absolute lifetime ago.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:38 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@Gmail..com [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Torrela nodded, and reached for her cards.  She absently shuffled them while she gazed at Tyne.  "You scare the Healers because your loss is more than that of a loved one, and they don't understand it.  You scare riders because they don't want it to happen to them.  And you scare yourself because you're afraid that you're no longer a productive member of Pern."  Her hands continued to shuffle, as she watched Tyne's face.

"Let me set one thing straight.  You are still a productive member of Pern society.  We just need to figure out how.  Tell me, what did you want to do with your life if you hadn't become a rider?"

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Hmm. Interesting.. No coddling or pandering, no awkward sympathy because they didn't know what to say.. Straight to business.. She appreciated that. She didn't like the ones that cooed and fussed. Taking a seat, Tyne took several moments settling herself. They could potentially be here a while after all and it gave her chance to scope out the room and get a feel for this...Torrela.

The question however, made her laugh, but it was devoid of mirth. "Now that's a question I think we would all like the answer to. I'm here, mostly, because I scare regular Healers, most of the Weyrfolk and there's probably people convinced I'm going to go off the deep end and murder the entire Weyr in their sleep." Tyne had realised, long ago by now, that anything "head related" made a lot of people uncomfortable. Add to that the conviction of some that she was little more than a walking ghost that should have followed her gold into Between and Tyne had well and truly earned her "weirdo" label.

"What I want, what I truly want, you can't give me. No one can." It was obvious what she was referring to. No one would be able to bring back Myrandith. "But I'm still here and she isn't... I have to learn to deal with that. I have to learn to deal with the nightmares, I have to..... prove I'm a useful member of the populace..." There was bitterness in her voice... Useful. Hah. Wouldn't that be the day. She longed for the ability to feel like she actually contributed something again and wasn't just a drain on resources.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:21 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Torrela gave a low throaty laugh.  "No one can take Iyundi's place.  I'm just saving it for her," she said, looking over her patient.  She noted the change from insubordinate to in charge and imperceptibly nodded.  It was what she expected.

"Now, we both know why you're here," Torrela said, "so let's not waste time with unnecessary drivel.  Have a seat," she gestured, "and tell me - what do you expect to get out of our sessions?"

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Even as the voice said she could come in, part of Tyne wanted to rebelliously walk away instead. Gathering her sensible head back into place, instead she had sighed and pushed open the door. She didn't know what she would see or what even to expect, but she made herself cross the threshold and close the door behind her. There, hard part over with. "I'm Tyne." she felt stupid saying it, she was on time and no doubt the woman was expecting her. But she still had manners after all. Manners. Something in Tyne shifted slightly. Yes, manners, appearances, etiquette. She knew all of these, had lived and breathed them. It was like someone had taken a heavy mantle from her shoulders. Shaking herself, her posture straightened and lifted. Head just high enough, shoulders just far enough back. Her dark brown eyes, as soft as a runner's inspected Torrela.

"You must be my new Mindhealer." It was a statement, not a question. There was a strange, cool authority to her voice. The sullen and rebellious teenager had clearly gone, as had the anxious child. Left in their place, was a Goldrider. "Iyundi said you're more than capable of taking her place. So here I am."

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:20 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"Come in," Torrela said, her voice as smooth as the finest Benden wine.  She was wearing a full skirt, black and ruffled, with a cream colored top that flowed down to merge with the skirt..  The short sleeves were fringed, as were the side seams of the shirt..  Her jewelry was unusual - a silver necklace with a large circular pendant with different stones set into the edges.  No stone was the same.......  The center of the necklace was a carved bone face.

She sat next to a table, where a deck of cards lay..  The impression one had was that she had just finished playing them, and had put them to the side.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:
 

OoC: Set just before the measles outbreak became obvious.

IC: She was feeling especially petulant today. Apparently her other Mindhealer had had to leave the Weyr on emergency business and now she had to talk to someone new. Tyne did not like change. When she'd had her last appointment with Iyundi, the Mindhealer had reassured her that this "Torrela" (whoever she was), was just as capable as she had been, if not more so. Iyundi had gone on to explain that Torrela had a very new and interactive way of her dealing with her patients, but in her pique, Tyne had ignored all of it.

So, one bright and breezy morning, Tyne was sulkily slinking through the tunnels to the Infirmary, making herself known to the Apprentice who sent her towards the Mindhealer officers. Sullenly she had knocked at the door and waited. Feeding off their mistress' ire, Cairn and Bobbin sat on her shoulders in watchful tandem, grumpily hissing at anyone who had dared to walk by too closely.

Another new person to take their notes about her broken head and earn themselves some Master knots off her. Once upon a time, she would have had someone reprimanded for even looking at her funny. No, Tyne was not happy to be there, but maybe that would change.

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy..
Florcott on AIM....

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy..
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!







--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Laurie Hicks <laurie.lynne@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Re: The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. (Tyne/R'zzon)

Laurie
 

R'zzon frowned. That didn't sound right, but he couldn't quite put a finger on it. "So there were two golds at the Healer Hall?" he asked.  "Why would anyone want two golds close to rising there?"

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:04 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
He still didn't understand. Not that she blamed him. Even in her current state, there was a bit of her that calmly understood that the skewed logic only made sense to her. But there was still something she needed to say.

"But she did know.... it was Jenis," she hissed in alarm. Somewhere, she realised that this was one of the first times she had voiced this aloud. "She was the gold that Ista wanted to take Fort. But she was so young..." So very young and sweet, with her whole life ahead of her. Tyne didn't even know if she was still alive. "So we decided that I would do it instead."

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 4:36 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
"All that was planned was that Myrandith was going to take back Fort.  So what if it would have been under Arolosian control?  Fort leadership certainly wasn't doing it any good."  He almost sounded bitter about that.  "No, what you did, what you wanted to do, had nothing to do with Myrandith's," he tried not to choke on the next words. Talking about dragons going *between* was not something any rider liked to talk about. "Myrandith's death.  It was circumstance, pure and simple.  How were you to know that another gold would be close by? Another gold who didn't know about an upcoming Flight."

He didn't say that this wasn't the first goldflight to end in tragedy like this.  Sometimes they could be saved, but golds were too strong willed; interrupted flights often ended in tragedy.

"We can't," he was going to say 'go back and change the past' but that wasn't something he wanted to even begin to get into, "you can't keep on blaming yourself."  There was nothing else he could say to make this better. Because, it would never be better.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 4:39 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
How did you put it into words? How did you explain that wrenching despair that even now, made every breath feel as though someone had embedded nails into her heart?

"Be-cause-it-was-all-planned...." She stammered through hitching breaths. Every syllable was heavy and pronounced and the fat tears continued streaking down her cheeks. Tyne had never told anyone what had been decided at the Conclave that now felt as though it had been over a million turns ago. She remembered Jenis. Remembered thinking that the child, and she had been just a child - was clearly a pawn.

"We-were-doing-it-to.... to...." Tyne didn't even want to say it, the words sticking in her throat like a thick lump of cold gravy. ".... To claim Fort once and for all." The words whooshed out of her like wine from a skewered bladder.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:14 AM Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"How could it be your fault?" R'zzon asked, still cradling her.  He was fuzzy on what had happened that day.  Myrandith had risen, and so had another gold.  The gold had belonged to .... and a bronze had been involved, too.

"From what I remember - and I wasn't there, and I only heard about it third hand, Myrandith rose, and then another gold who wasn't supposed to be there rose also.  I think.  I'm not sure how that happened, because it had been planned so you could be Weyrwoman of Fort.  But Myrandith was not at fault.  You were not at fault." He didn't want to sound trite, but these things happened.  He'd even seen them happen with over-territorial greens.

"So tell me - why would you think it's your fault?"

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

His arms felt so good, so safe and warm. It had been such a long time since such normal comforts had been within her world and that fact almost made her want to cry again. Almost. But not quite. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath, grounding herself in the way that one of the Mindhealers at High Reaches had been teaching her. Okay. She was back. In the now. What he said surprised her though into realisation. He was absolutely right. And it had never occurred to her before today. "I never thought about it like that, I thought so much of it was because... of what Myrandith was." A gold. A mother. And a huge loss to all of Pern. Far less of a crime than bravely dying in the tumultuous throes of Fall.

"I thought they blamed me, that they thought it was my fault for losing her." She didn't know where the words came from, but even as she said it she was starting to break down again, the tears starting to roll thickly down her cheeks once more and she covered her face with her hands. "I thought.... I thought..." she stammered, trying to get the words out. ".... I was scared they thought I deserved it....." The words rushed out, as though they had been buried within the most infected of abscess and now that the putrid core had been lanced, the foul muck inside could finally start to be cleaned out.

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:28 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"It's not something you should have to endure alone," R'zzon said fiercely, holding her tighter.  "No one understands the pain you go through every day.  Riders are afraid of you because they don't want to be like you.  But," he stroked her hair, "we should be helping you.  Because we're the only ones who could understand what it could be like."  He hated bringing up such a sore subject, but he, too, had to say it.  "Don't ever be afraid to need me," he added, looking at Bobbin while he said it...

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

It was oddly comforting to see him look at least a little awkward. Had he been entirely complacent about the matter, it would have felt.... wrong. Smudging the tears from her face, she gave a couple of wet sniffs. It was strangely reassuring to be enveloped in strong warmth.. It was a sensation she hadn't felt in quite some time and she was loathe to lose it any time soon. It was different to the comfort that Idri gave her, that was laced with the same feelings she had had whenever her mother had soothed her. 

The storm inside was quieting and calm was reasserting itself. Bobbin knew, so did Cairn and they loosed their hold on her. It was Bobbin who issued the command for the others to leave, puffing herself up and whistling with authority that could only ever come from a gold. One by one, the others began to leave, however, several still lingered, curious about the strange compelling that had brought them here and they lurked in the rafters, watching the group below them..

"Bobbin always knows," Tyne said, fondly rubbing the gold's head. Crooning gently, Bobbin pressed herself into Tyne's fingers. "I'm sorry she woke you, she would only have done that if we couldn't find Idri." She felt guilty and it showed through the need to explain, to justify. That and the worried expression on her face.. She was so transparent now, every feeling displayed as easily as the biggest writing on a page. " Thank Panagath for me, he must be squished up out there. I don't think we have decent sized ledges on this side of the Weyr. I'm sorry I worried you both. It's... not something you should have had to see..." There, she'd said it. But she felt as though she had needed to.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:42 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:
 

R'zzon reddened a little himself.  He had witnessed something private; something that he knew she wasn't ready for him to see yet.  If ever.  No one wanted to be seen as that vulnerable to just anyone.  At the same time, he had also seen something wonderful.  The firelizards.  So many of them.  Trying to take the place of her queen.  He didn't know anything like that was possible, but he didn't know anyone who could speak to or compell firelizards, either.

"Panagath's outside," he answered first, then realized what she was really asking..  "Bobbin.  Bobbin came and woke me up.  She told us you needed us, so we came."  He squeezed her lightly in a hug.  "Pan wanted to help, too," he added..  "So he stayed outside in case you needed him."

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

It took a minute, several in fact before she spoke again. Her eyes were red rimmed and her cheeks streaked heavily with tears. Snuffling for a minute, she brushed at her cheeks with the heels of her hands, looking in that moment incredibly small and fragile. Buoyed by the sea of colour that filled her mind, she drifted back towards the proverbial light of normality. Obviously picking up on the calm, the firelizards surrounding them began to quiet although many of them kept up a strange, thrumming tune. There was an eerie stillness to the room now and even the wind seemed to have died down. Bobbin and Cairn unravelled themselves from her arms and scuttled to nestle themselves in her furs. They obviously no longer felt the need to retain physical contact but it was obvious they weren't going to go far any time soon.

"I'm here," she said finally, looking up at R'zzon. As the cloud of panic began to lift, it was being quickly replaced by the fog of shame and it showed on her face as she hastily looked away. He had witnessed something very private, something that a large part of her hoped that only Idri would ever be the one to bear witness to and she felt guilty that he had had to see that part of her, that part which had probably instilled a fear deep inside him.. "How did you get here?" Clearly she didn't know, or perhaps remember Bobbin's rescue mission.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 1:45 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

The first couple of firelizards which broke *between* and landed in the rafters startled R'zzon, but he kept holding and rocking Tyne.  She wasn't struggling, or taking any action to get away from him, so he assumed that holding her was helping.  And then the firelizards started coming.  

After the first seven or eight, he stopped counting, instead staring around him at the glowing eyes fixed on Tyne.

[[Pan?]]

{{She talks to the little cousins.  All of them.}}  To his credit, Panagath also sounded somewhat amazed.  {{And they help to fill her empty.}}

R'zzon nodded, and stroked Tyne's hair.  Stroking hair was supposed to be calming, and she seemed calmer, though whether that was because of his ministrations or the symphony of firelizards he didn't know.  

"Tyne, are you there?" he said softly, not even caring if he could be heard over the firelizard lullaby in the background.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@gmail..com [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

How long had it been now? More than months. Already it was creeping into turns but the pain, oh shells that pain. On nights like tonight it felt as raw as it did the very first moment Myrandith vanished into that icy darkness. Somewhere in the chaos, the solemn thought reminded her that this was her life now.. Gone was the golden age. This... was it. Wrapped in R'zzon's arms, the warmth, the familiar scent, the strength, all of it began to permeate into the madness like shining tendrils of light cutting through the dark and leaving illuminating trails as they went. They were something to cling to and cling she did, clutching at his shirt and holding on for grim death. Ironically, though even though she would never know it, were Myrandith still there, R'zzon's thoughts were absolutely right. She wouldn't have spared him the time of day, refusing to become the thing that she had so scorned her half-brother for. But for never knowing that, things would inherently... be better.. 

So, what mattered in the broken bubble was that he *was* there, a proverbial rock in her stormy sea. An anchor.

His words were starting to creep through, skittering around the edges of sorrow. Bobbin. Cairn. Beyond the space that was still in the shape of her lost gold, Tyne remembered that there were other spaces, filled with other personalities. It was apparent when she reached out for them as Bobbin and Cairn's mournful arias suddenly ceased and they quickly scampered to her, pushing their heads against her arms with warbles that seemed to say "we're here too, we're here".

But theirs weren't the only voices that started to chime in. Icy blasts of air could be felt  spiking through the air and pairs of glowing eyes could be seen in the darkness of the rafters. Others were answering the call, the longing that radiated from Tyne and called even when she didn't realise she was calling. They didn't understand why they were drawn to it, they didn't understand how a human could speak to them like that. But, they answered.

The chorus of voices began as a low, humming of sound that made the air vibrate and thrummed with a growing crescendo as more came, their numbers swelling into dozens, if not more as they filled the rafters.. They were there. She had called. They had answered. Their song grew, smothering the despairing wail of the wind into a glorious aria of sound that was sure to make most Harpers beam with pride. And, perhaps most importantly, their voices continued to fill Tyne's blackness, tiny patches of colour and emotion that spread through Myrandith's shade and the heaving sobs calmed into a snuffling whimper and then, gradually, shuddering breaths, the kind that came out of sheer, cried out exhaustion.

"Thank you for coming," she whispered finally, but it wasn't clear whether she was talking to R'zzon, Panagath, the firelizards that filled the rafters... or all of them at the same time.



On 5 Jan 2018 1:39 pm, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

How did you tell someone that their dragon was gone?  Someone who'd been without their dragon for more than a Turn?  He didn't want to tell her; he didn't want to be the cause of more fracture.........

But she had to be told.  She knew; she had just momentarily forgotten.  "She's gone," R'zzon said sadly, his voice cracking with emotion.  Just because it wasn't Panagath didn't mean he couldn't care about it.  "Remember?  She's been gone for," he didn't know exactly how long it was though, "...she's been gone for months now.  I wish she wasn't.  I wish I could help you find her.  I want her back almost as much as you do.."  Even though, if Myrandith was here, Tyne would never spare a second glance in his direction.  But to lose a part of yourself - he couldn't not wish her whole.

Briefly he thought about asking Panagath to talk to her, but even at the almost imperceptible thought, Pan caught on and rejected it outright..  {{Wrong,}} he said forcefully.  {{It would be wrong..}}

"Bobbin and Cairn are here," he said softly..  "Bobbin's worried.  You don't want Bobbin to be worried, do you?"

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg..witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Locked in a miasma between sleeping and waking, Tyne couldn't discern enough between either state to clarify just what was happening. She was overwhelmed by the chaotic pit of loss that gnawed inside of her. A sliver of her tried to bring it back together but the faint voice of reason was drowned out by the desperate reaching that was beyond her control. She didn't hear R'zzon come in. She didn't see him burst into her sleeping quarters. She didn't feel him kneel on the furs beside her. At first, she didn't comprehend the warmth that suddenly wrapped around her, the strong and reassuring pressure, Ironically, it was the smell that hit her first. Soapy, clean but tainted with oil and dragon hide. Between the juddering sobs that wracked her as viciously as though the very breaths were being sucked out of her, she inhaled deeply, and then again. Her eyes flying open, there was a wild desperation to them as Tyne clutched at her chest. Her heart felt like it would burst with aching.

"I.... can't.... find... her......" she managed to gasp between gulping sobs. "It's...empty....... nothing... I can't.... stop..... reaching...." Her head felt as though it was spinning round and round in dizzying circles. If she were to draw it, she would draw many hands, all of them clutching at everything and nothing all at once. It was how she felt, like she were constantly reaching out for something and finding.... nothing. 

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:37 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Panagath landed as close to Tyne's weyr as he possibly could, and R'zzon wasted no time sliding off of him.

{{Want me to stay here?}} the blue asked.

[[Yes. I'll let you know when you can go.]]  R'zzon wasn't sure what, exactly, to expect, but he figured it would be bad.  He'd noticed that Tyne's mind was sort of fractured, which was understandable as she was dragonless..  How he could help, he didn't know, but he was going to try.

Weyr doors weren't made to keep people out, and Tyne's was no exception.  He was easily able to enter, and winced at the despairing wails.  And being a man, he did the only thing he knew how to do - he went over to her, wrapping his arms around her and held her - for as long as he could.

"Shhhhh," he said softly.  Then, "Shhhh," again, as he had no clue what else to say.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Chittering anxiously, her eyes whirling pools of yellow, tinged with flecks of white, Bobbin fidgeted on the chair as she watched R'zzon. No sooner as he was starting to mount his blue, she was ready to go again. Flaring her wings, every muscle quivering with anticipation, she relayed to Panagath that she would meet them there. And like that, she was gone.

Errupting back into Tyne's room in a blast of between, things had gone from bad to worse. Somewhere along the way, Tyne's consciousness had forced her out of her dreams and dragged her mercilessly back into the land of the waking. The wind still howled it's melancholy wail all around them but the guttural howl rolling from Tyne's heaving chest dwarfed it. Sitting up in her bed, legs pulled up in front of her and her arms wrapped around her head, it looked like she were trying to shield herself from something, anything. In a macabre way, that was exactly what she was doing. Disorientated from sleep and terrified by her dreams, coming back into the "real world" to the wailing wind that her confused mind, in that moment, told her was the despairing howl of mourning dragons. And as the wind refused to relent, she was trapped in a circling delusion that today was.. that day. Her heart felt like it would burst with it's sorrow and she felt her mind clawing frantically into the void-like abyss that was still filled with the shade of Myrandith. Howling like a gravely wounded animal, Bobbin was nervous, scampering to the rafters where Cairn came to join her, huddling close as both flits warbled in terrified refrain.

OoC: Maybe have Panagath land on a neighbouring wallow or something? Tyne wouldn't have a weyr ledge of her own any more. Feel free to have R'zzon come kick the door down xD


On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:11 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

​If Bobbin had been a gold *dragon* instead of a gold *firelizard*, Panagath may have been scared enough to be forced *between* from the images Bobbin sent him.  Luckily, he was able to lean on R'zzon to filter the images, and let R'zzon take the brunt of the aching loss.

"Oh, oh.  I see," R'zzon said soberly to Bobbin.  "I will do my best to help her.  Panagath, how are you doing?"

{{The little cousin's images are frightful,}} Panagath said, sounding almost scared.  {{You need to help the sad one.}}

"I plan to.  Are you ready to go?"  He looked over at Bobbin.  "Are we meeting you there, or do you want a ride?" he asked as he mounted.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 6:07 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

But Bobbin didn't stop and her whistles only rose in their urgency. There was an anger there that could only be interpreted as 'you have to do this, or else'. It was only at Panagath's urging as R'zzon fell out of bed and tried to dress that a sliver of sense settled over the gold and she stopped berating him, settling on the back of a nearby chair. She thrummed with urgency, her whole form vibrating as though she were a mere breath away from vanishing again, which in reality, she was. The blue's urgings gave her something to focus on and all she could do was project a sliver of the momentous, aching loss that was resonating inside of her mistress who was still trapped inside of her own dreams, plunging through the frigid air surrounded by the sound of mourning dragons.

Luckily, as a gold, and smarter than many of her peers, there was something else Bobbin could share and that was flashes of the dream that had spiralled through Tyne's mind. She gave these to Panagath, sharing with the blue Tyne's sensation of flying, the sensation of knowing that Myrandith was there again. Bobbin remembered the other gold through Tyne and even the small cousin had felt the loss keenly, having been driven into the wilds by the schism it had caused in Tyne.

So she shared this with Panagath, interspersed with her own fleeting images of Tyne asleep in her bed. Tangled up in all of this was the pressing need that someone, anyone, needed to come and help.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 12:19 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"What...who...stop it,"  R'zzon pulled his covers over his head, only to have them snatched away again.  A wayward claw accidentally scratched his cheek, bringing him awake.

"What's going on here?" he asked again, only hearing the whistles and not knowing what they were.

{{It's the sad-one's golden little,}} said Panagath, his voice going from sleepy to awake within seconds.  {{The sad-one is...in distress?}}  He turned his attention to Bobbin as R'zzon flipped open his glow basket.

"Tyne?  What's wrong with Tyne?" he asked Bobbin while dressing.  "Pan, try making some sense out of this," he asked, then turned to Bobbin when he couldn't get his shirt on.  "You're not making this any easier."

{{I'm trying, I'm trying,}} the blue said, attempting to quiet the firelizard down.  {{Golds are always so difficult!}}

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

OoC: Set in current measles outbreak and the night before the windy threadfall.

IC: In later days to come, she would regret telling Idri that it was okay to offer her help down in the Infirmary. But at the time, everything had seemed just fine. Normal even. When rationality came back to the forefront she would remember that normal didn't exist any more. 

It had started with the dreams. The familiar dreams that made her heart ache and cry out in desperation for that missing piece of her that was now forever just out of reach. She dreamt she was flying with... no... not with, *as* Myrandith. She could see the familiar turrets of the mountains surrounding High Reaches, below her, their peaks capped with snow. She felt the familiar muscles pull and stretch and could hear the mighty beating of wings and the rush of wind around her.

Outside of Tyne's sleeping mind, as she began to writhe and flex in her furs, the wind was already picking up. Unattended baskets crashed over and as the gale picked up, it began a mournful dirge through the tunnels, whistling and wailing in a depressing crescendo.

Through the cold air she continued to fly, feeling the exhilaration building in her veins. But something was wrong. Something wasn't right. The air felt.... different. Furiously she tried to fly faster but suddenly it felt as though she were swimming through treacle. And all around her, she could hear the dragons begin to keen.

Someone had died.

No,

Not someone.

Her.

And just like that, the wings vanished and the air rushed past as she began to fall. And somewhere in the depths of her dream she realised that she was the one screaming.

*

Bobbin had bristled uncomfortably the moment she felt Tyne's sleeping mind take that familiar dark twist. Aaru had been awake the moment she felt Bobbin stir and Cairn instinctively wrapped himself tighter around Tyne's arm, clinging on desperately. The gold was awake and alert in seconds. Smart as she was, someone had to make a decision. Cairn was instructed to remain. Aaaru to find Drummer and, if possible, Idri and she, she was going to find help. Quick as a flash the firelizard had vanished into Between and materialised seconds later over the head of a sleeping Rider and began beating at them with her wings, accompanied with loud whistles that were permeated with urgency. 

--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!







--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM..

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Laurie Hicks <laurie.lynne@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Re: (WIND) It's Raining Flits (Attn: Tyne) R'zzon

Laurie
 

{{Great. She'll probably want to share food with me,}} Panagath grumbled, but he didn't sound as unhappy about it as R'zzon expected.

"She doesn't eat much, you big goof," R'zzon said aloud, for Tyne's benefit.  Windy seemed to have finally had enough food, though she was still guzzling water.

"I'm surprised she didn't go between too," R'zzon admitted to Tyne. "I'm sure she knows how.  They all know how, right?" 

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Tyne sat back and beamed at R'zzon. "She likes you. That's one of their happy noises." It didn't take long to dab away the rest of the ichor staining her flanks and it looked like the more serious bleeding was slowing to a halt. Bobbin continued providing food, as much as was necessary.

"She isn't very long, I would say she hasn't hatched long ago at all. I'm amazed she didn't just between away the moment she hit you. I'll be surprised if she goes anywhere now though, at the very least you likely have a green shadow following you around."

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 5:11 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Dragonhealer meant Master Larsin. Who may or may not yell at him for the state Windy was in when he brought her to him, but who would surely understand the situation once it was explained.

Windy, for her part, was gobbling the meat as soon as it was given to her, though it seemed that it wasn't fast enough.  But she was a green, and Bobbin was a gold, so she wasn't going to say anything.  In between chunks of dried wherry she drank a lot of water.

"Yes, I will definitely take her to the dragonhealers. With it being Fall, though, I know they were concentrating on fixing dragons, not flits."  He scratched Windy's head and she made a sound that almost seemed like a purr.  Or a breeze blowing through the trees.

"Thank you."

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 5:30 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
If anyone were to ask her, tomorrow maybe, it felt like pushing a huge boulder up a steep hill. At times it felt like she was slipping down again, but she was determined to push it over the summit. Her jaw clenched with the effort of maintaining the emotional onslaught she doused the tiny flit with. Tyne's face was contorted with the intensity of her concentration and Bobbin's own humming seemed to magnify.

She was so tiny, and it felt as though, at times, that she was a mere breath away from vanishing altogether.

Eventually though, the calm seemed to break through and with it came a torrent of relief as she all but collapsed into the chair behind her. It felt as though the worst was past and Bobbin scurried across to the green, warbling and crooning with worried affection.

"She'll need to see a Dragonhealer," Tyne managed, wiping away the sweat the felt as though it was streaming into her eyes. "If you grab some of those clean cloths and press them to her wounds, you want to try and slow down any bleeding." Fumbling in the box, she pulled out a small pouch and pushed it to Bobbin. "You'll need to help her, sweeetling." And Bobbin did, pulling out the thick, meaty chunks of dried wherry and pushing bits towards the little green.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Panagath did his own flit-whispering, talking little Windy through the pain.  {{It will stop hurting soon, little one,}} he kept saying over and over.

R'zzon gently held the little green as she greedily drank the water.  Loosing as much blood as she probably had, she definitely needed the drink.  She looked at Bobbin pitifully, radiating hunger.  The queen fire lizard was, to her, her best bet for getting fed.

"OK sweetie, you're not going to like this," R'zzon said.  Panagath echoed him, still holding onto calm healing thoughts as R'zzon poured the redwort over her.  

She shrieked in pain, but settled down again at all the calm being projected her way.  Maybe it didn't hurt as badly as she thought it did, she seemed to be telling herself.  R'zzon patted her dry, then pulled his had back noting the scratches she had given him.  How often did someone get scratched and at the same time treated with the antiseptic as they were being injured?

Windy craned her neck out again towards the water and warbled pitifully, so R'zzon moved the water dish closer to her so she could drink once again.

"So, what do you think?" he asked Tyne, impressed with her flit-talking abilities.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

At Tyne's own encouragement, Bobbin kept up her calming, thrumming croon. It was pleasant sound to hear, even for human ears. "The water stings, that's why they struggle. Like when we wash out a cut, it hurts. Let her drink what she needs then pat her dry with this." Tyne passed over a small, soft rag. "You'll be just fine, lovely - we're going to get you some food when all of this is over and you can have a nice sleep." And then they'd figure out what to do with her, but that would come later. Sitting next to R'zzon she poured a little redwort into a jug of water before submerging a cloth in it. Safe, safe here. Good. She continued to push out that feeling, that reassurance. Later she would no doubt have a headache but that could be dealt with.

"When you're done with that, sit her in the clean dish, you're going to need to pour this over her. She won't like it, it will hurt and she will probably lash out. She's got teeth and claws and she won't be afraid to use them - but I will be here and Bobbin is calming her too. Hopefully you won't be too bloodied." Her voice was calm and matter of fact, no trace of caution or whispery quietness. She was going to need to push hard and push she did, Bobbin doing the same as she used her gold's ability to stop the flit from betweening away.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

R'zzon held the little flit - he'd started calling her Windy in his head - and also radiated calm and safety to her while watching Tyne efficiently gather things together.  He wondered if she'd be willing to work in the Dragon Infirmary - Master Larsin was constantly complaining about how inefficient his apprentices and journeymen were.  He wondered what he would think of Tyne.  Windy turned her head to watch the goings on, then looked back at R'zzon as if she trusted him.  When Bobbin began to croon, she visibly relaxed.

"Come on, little Windy, let's get you cleaned up," he said as he lowered her into the water.  She started to struggle a bit, then stopped again at Bobbin's and Cairn's urgings..  Being a rider, R'zzon was used to cleaning scores, but firelizards were so tiny.  He was also hard put to keep her from trying to drink the dirty bathwater.  When she was clean and he'd toweled her off, he pulled over another small bowl and poured water in it.  "She's thirsty," he explained sheepishly.  "Probably hungry too."



On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"Table." She pointed at the small table she and Idri shared to eat at. The tiredness might be gnawing at her brain but right now, she had something to focus on and it brought her to life. Bustling around, she went into a cupboard and pulled out a small workbox.... It was her "emergency repair" box. But for her winged friends.. "Bobbin, can you help too, please?" She hadn't needed to say it verbally, but that way she was telling R'zzon what was going on. Bobbin and Cairn had been watching the disturbance with worried orange whirling in their eyes. Without a second glance, Bobbin settled herself on the back of one of the chairs pushed under the table and tucked her wings to her side. She began to trill, a low, reverberating croon that was immensely comforting to hear. Safe, she reassured the green, dropping a blanket of reassurance and gold-induced calm. 

"Cairn." It was all she had to say, the bronze was suddenly darting around the room like a mad fly, snatching things from shelves and dropping them at the table. A pouch of rags, what looked like a jar of salve and other small tools and items. Aaru kept out of the way, resuming her sentry's perch in the rafters and scuttling back and forth. If Bobbin needed her to do anything, it would be done in a heartbeat.

Grabbing a large bowl, Tyne filled it with water and brought it to the table, setting it down directly in front of R'zzon. "You need to immerse her first, make sure there's nothing left on her," she told R'zzon, her face drawn with worry. The flit in his hands didn't look very old at all. Safe.. She reassured alongside Bobbin. Friends. Safe.  Tyne wouldn't have been able to explain how she put that into... well, emotion. If she really REALLY had to describe it explicit detail, she might compare it to the way a Candidate radiated hope and encouragement to a dragonet at a Hatching. But she didn't like to go down that comparison, for obvious reasons. It made her skin crawl.

Now was the moment of truth. All she and Bobbin could do was impress on the little green just how important it was she stay and that what they were doing, they were doing to help.


On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:
 

"I rotated out," R'zzon said.  "Fall was almost over, our Wing wasn't hit as badly as some others, so I took the chance to bring this little girl here."  He looked down at the firelizard, and she mewled pitifully, almost sounding like a feline.

"Fall was bad, and I doubt that Master Larsin would appreciate me 'wasting' one of his apprentice's time fixing her up."  He gave Tyne a sad look.  "Do you think you can help her?"

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Aaru inspected R'zzon, and his... friend. The oddly silent firelizard sat there a second or two before vanishing again. A few minutes later, the door latch was heard rattling and Tyne's dark eyes, heavily shadowed, could be seen peering around the corner of the door.. "R'zzon?" she asked, looking genuinely confused for a moment. "Shouldn't you be flying Fall?" Then her eyes settled on the tiny, bleeding bundle in the Rider's hands and her eyes widened...... "Where did you get that?" she exclaimed, opening the door widely and stepping out into the tunnel. Bobbin was there in an instant, her curiosity piqued by Tyne's own.

"Come in, come in!" Tyne stepped aside, gesturing for R'zzon to come into her quarters.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:29 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

"Hello there, uh...Aaru, isn't it?" R'zzon said, cradling the hurt firelizard.  "Is Tyne about?  This little girl needs some help."  He showed Aaru the green, and calmed her down when she started to struggle.  "Shhhhh, little one," he said.  "We're getting you help."

If this had been any other day, he probably would have gone straight to the Dragonhealers.  But they were all busy with hurt dragons.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

OoC: I'm not going to lie, I laughed at the mental image of a flit clinging to someone's head xD I'm assuming this is set the day after Tyne's wooble.

IC: When the shout had gone up for the dragons to get ready to fly, Idri had put on her sternest face and told Tyne that she was to stay inside for the rest of the day. Idri had agreed to help in the Infirmary, feeling that an extra set of hands was more than likely going to be appreciated. She had come back from a nightshift in the early hours of the morning and had found Tyne fast asleep. She had no idea that her charge had... had a moment and had collapsed into her furs for a few hours rest herself. She noticed that Tyne had seemed a bit quiet but her charge had reassured her that she would be fine on her own and that she wouldn't be going anywhere.

That hadn't been a lie. Exhausted from her upset during the night, when Idri had left for her shift, Tyne had locked the door behind her and promptly curled herself up on the couch with a blanket over her lap. Both Cairn and Bobbin were curled up in her lap, twined up with each other into a ball of soft hide. She had recently take up learning to knit, not that it was going especially well, but it gave her something to focus on that wasn't her own silence. It was quietly comforting. And a quiet day was just what she needed. The heavy curtains that helped to block out the sounds were up and they did indeed help to muffle the sounds of the outside. It hadn't stopped her wincing when the unmistakable sound of injured dragons coming down permeated the thick material. She still hated that sound and it still made her stomach knot up with anxious nausea. 

It was under control though. And the tiny drop of diluted fellis in her klah was helping as well. She knew that Idri had slipped it in, thinking that Tyne hadn't noticed. But she had. And she appreciated the fact that it continued to take the edge off things. It blurred the edges. And it helped.

So there she was, curled up on her couch, brow furrowed in concentration as she tried to master her newest project, a cushion cover and trying to keep her ears closed to the noises outside. It was Aaru who noticed that someone was headed their way, the green perking her head up with a loud cheep from where she snoozed up in the rafters. The inquisitive green scuttled down and sat on the back of a chair, her tiny eyes fixed on the door before she vanished only to pop up outside. Fastening herself to the door frame, the green peered around. She was sure she had heard someone coming.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 1:30 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:
 

Threadfall Generator:  MidFall you will feel something drop onto your head and cling there. Upon examination you will discover it is a badly-injured but still living wild green firelizard..


Fall was going pretty much like R'zzon had expected.  Thread being buffeted everywhere, riders doing their best to get the Thread while not flaming themselves or others.  But they were handling it.  The whole Weyr was handling it, and R'zzon was proud to be a part of Arolos.

[[You doing OK, Pan?]] R'zzon asked.

{{Yes.  The wind is strong, but we're stonger,}} Panagath responded, signalling and flaming another tangle.

[[Good.  That's....oof! What was that?]]  R'zzon gingerly reached up to find out what had hit him on the head.  Gingerly, because he hoped it wasn't a Thread pod.  Whatever it was moved, and he yanked his hand back.

{{What's wrong?}}

[[Something's on my head,]] R'zzon said, reaching up again.  Panagath risked a quick look at his rider and burst out laughing.

[[What?]]

{{There's a firelizard hanging onto your head for dear life,}} Pan said.  {{I think it's hurt.}}

R'zzon reached up again, this time with both hands and pulled the flit off of his head.  Not without some trouble - if his helmet hadn't been fastened on as well as it was, he would have lost that to the claws hanging on for dear life.  But, he was finally able to get it off and had it cradled in his arms.

The little green firelizard - at least, he thought she was green - she was more of a pale teal - gazed at him with wide eyes.  He realized that she was still young, she was scared, and she was hurt.  There was a deep score in her side, and she was bleeding.

Cursing under his breath, R'zzon made an executive decision and unwrapped his scarf from his face.  If he ate a few bugs, so be it.  He wrapped her in the scarf, then unfastened his jacket and  put her in, then closed it back up again.  "Sorry, little one," he said, "we have Thread to fight."

He and Panagath continued to fight Thread until Fall was over, then went back to the Weyr with the rest of his wing.  He took Pan's harness off and sent him to the lake - with luck, there would be some enterprising Candidates there willing to bathe dragons who's riders were busy elsewhere - and immediately went to find Tyne.  If anyone could help a hurt and scared firelizard, it would be his Tyne.




--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!





--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Laurie Hicks <laurie.lynne@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble
 

Rhosgen wondered if he'd be able to successfully navigate back the way the wher had led him in without moving his hands, and took a careful step backwards, stepping on a stick that hadn't been under his feet on the way in. 
The crack on dry wood made him freeze in place, as ge realised he'd have to see to escape. 

Re: Despair on the Wings of a flit. (Alyx/ Cremsden)

Laura Walker
 

Cremsden didn't look surprised. No Healer made it past a few turns into Journeyman without knowing what loss looked like.

"Bit of a shock, sweetheart," he offered, voice sympathetic but matter of fact. "Take a moment to breathe. Here now," he offered her a clean handkerchief. "Just breathe a minute. Door's shut, no-one's going to break in and disturb you, no need to worry about that."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Alyx didn't even seem to register that he had moved, staring at the note, her eyes flicked back and forth, reading it, and rereading it. Shock, a distant part of her mind whispered, this is shock. Realizing that she took a deep breath, tried once to talk, but her throat had closed, and she couldn't get a sound out. It was from her old friend, Micel. Her eyes started to blur, and tears slipped out, as she wordlessly held the note out to Cremsden. It read...

'Dear Alyx,
I am so sorry, your grandfather was so sick.
 You know how he's been this last year.
 I think he didn't want to fight any more.
I am glad Ardy came when he did,
Argen left some things for you, 
but they are too big for Ardy to carry.
Let me know when you can whether you
want to come for them, or have us send them.
Send Ardy for me if you need anything.

Micel

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Alyx couldn't help a chuckle at Cremsden's delivery. And in a way she did agree with him, some of the riders she knew really didn't think much of other kinds of pain. She'd seen riders with broken bones in their hands, who hadn't come in when it happened cause 'eh it's just a little pain' Then of course, things had to at times be rebroken and set straight, which lead to more pain, and more recovery time. And sometimes even some loss of feeling.

"Yea I've seen some of that too Cremsden. But I've also seen crafters do some of the same kinds of things, so I think it's just a people thing. They don't want to admit to needing a healer. Heck I've done it when I was younger, and I ought to know better!" Alyx was willing to admit her failings in that way at least.  

Then there was a little poof of air behind her, and her bronze flit Ardy was there. As she turned to greet the flit, her face went from happy and enjoying the conversation, to worried. Ardy was quite upset, and it took her a moment to get him to land on her arm. There was a message tied to his collar. Once he landed, and she removed the message, the flit, who wasn't normally too affectionate while they were in the infirmary, pressed himself up against the girl's side. Alyx didn't stop him either. She rolled open the note, reading it, the color drained from her face. This couldn't be right, it couldn't...

Cremsden read her face even if he didn't know the reason for it. He looked at her for a long minute and then, without a word, got up to shut the study-room door, placing the sign on the outside that said it was in use right now. Then to the klah pot and he quietly poured himself another mug and Alyx one with several spoons of sweetener, placing it next to her hand before he sat back down.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Laura Walker
 

Kel was considering now, his hand resting on Gavroth as he thought.

"Every time there isn't a patient I reckon he glances at me," he said slowly. "You reckon someone over there might urgently need a Healer?"

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Lerian grinned at Kel. "No offense meant, I just know sometimes when it's really important a dragon will do something to help their rider, even if the rider doesn't want it." At this point Lerian's second flit caught up with him,  on either shoulder were a grown bronze and a tiny hatchling blue. "What can we do to get them good and distracted? There's a real nice redfruit tree not too far from here, I think we can make it if they aren't looking."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Vicky Orman
 


Tyren took the wherry from him, and then proceeded to drop it on top of the two men.

Well, that at least woke R'tal up. Dead and still bleeding animals suddenly on top of you tended to do that. "Oh what the shards? Faranth, K'ren, wake up, Ty's brought something back and it's probably swarming with bugs of one type or another. There's sharding blood still coming out of it--" He was abruptly very awake and sitting up and still completely unaware of Rhosgen because really when you just got attacked with a dead wherry witnesses were not the important part.

Tyren sat down patiently. He didn't say anything but the way the wher's mouth hung open suggested that if whers could laugh he might have wanted to.

"...wha?" K'ren cracked open an eye a bit drowsily and then shot awake feeling very much like he had some form of hangover. "Ow! Ty, what have we told you about bring dead animals into the weyr." It took him a moment to process he wasn't in the weyr and he was indeed naked in the wilderness. "Oh."


Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Laura Walker
 

Tyren took the wherry from him, and then proceeded to drop it on top of the two men.

Well, that at least woke R'tal up. Dead and still bleeding animals suddenly on top of you tended to do that. "Oh what the shards? Faranth, K'ren, wake up, Ty's brought something back and it's probably swarming with bugs of one type or another. There's sharding blood still coming out of it--" He was abruptly very awake and sitting up and still completely unaware of Rhosgen because really when you just got attacked with a dead wherry witnesses were not the important part.

Tyren sat down patiently. He didn't say anything but the way the wher's mouth hung open suggested that if whers could laugh he might have wanted to.



On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Rhosgen was giving serious thought to ripping his hand from the guiding wher's mouth and fleeing back into the woods when the wher finally stopped. 
By even more naked adults. How was this now his life?!
The wher releasing his hand and taking the wherry from his other, he covered his eyes with his hands, ignoring the saliva on one and worse on the other. 

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 10:23 AM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: One more duckling attn Cremsden Aryn

Laura Walker
 


After hearing that Roryn wasn’t injured, Aryn relaxed  “More likely a ‘I found somewhere without anyone to bother me to read and lost track of time’ hideaway.” Aryn clucked her fingers and gave a trilling whistle, her brown flit slinking off the wall and to her to settle around her throat. 
“Skiffy.” She rubbed the browns eye ridge. “Find Roryn.”
With a chore and a flick of his tail, the flutter was gone, popping back in to his pet after a moment, sending a strong image of a classroom? With a weyr ledge? 

“Surely things haven’t changed that much since I was an apprentice.” She muttered befor one hand went on her hip and she looked up at Cremsden. “This guy says she is in a room with tables, Klah and a weyr ledge that’s fenced. ” She sighed as the flit dove down her top and got comfortable. “You don’t have anywhere like that here, do you?”


"That's the apprentices' room." Cremsden frowned a little, but turned to lead the way. "Eleven turns old, you say? We've had a few new kids lately. I don't remember a blonde girl but I could be wrong."

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Hear Me ROAR (Neffeyn, any)

Cassandra Coogan
 



On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Mya L. R. <mleesan@...> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Cassandra Coogan <Aroloscass@...> wrote:
Fl’kol made his way down to greet the other rider, a wry smile flickering across his face as Nifureeth practically preened. 
((Now you I will definitely keep my eye on)) he shifted on the rim. ((Mine and I are almost off watchduty so I could show you the best places to observe the weyr.))

“Welcome to Arolos” Fl’kol called out as he came close enough.

It wasn't an offer to point her toward the nearest evil, but it would give her a place to find the evils herself.  {{That is a fine idea!  I appreciate the guidance and will remember your willingness to help the cause.}}  Aryorath answered Nifureeth happily.

Neffeyn turned in the direction the voice came from, fixing his grey eyes onto Fl'kol.  "Oh?  Hello there!  Are you the rider of the bronze Aryorath is talking to?"

“I am Nifureeth’s, yes.” Fl’kol answered. “I do hope he doesn’t pull her into any trouble. He may be missing an eye but he doesn’t miss much and loves finding out secrets”  he sighed slightly. “I’m Fl’kol.”


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723

Re: To Work, Ducklings! Attn Baby Apprentice Healers #medhunt

Cassandra Coogan
 

Chyltas finally got the courage to approach someone, stumbling a little at a rock she didn’t quite see. She put her hand out “I’m Chyltas. We should work together.”

Ooc: she didn’t pick anyone in particular. 


On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana was over on one side of the group. She couldn't see her cousin, and she wasn't really friends with anyone yet. She thought she'd wander through the group and see if everyone had paired up or not.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 00:59, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Jerronila was also looking around, nervous because she still hadn't made any friends. 
What if no one wanted to partner with her?
She saw another girl looking around and smiled hopefully at her. 
At least she'd redone her braids the night before so she didn't look scruffy.  

 

Re: One more duckling attn Cremsden Aryn

Cassandra Coogan
 



On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Aryn held her hand up “This tall, blond hair, age eleven and her name is Roryn.” Aryn rattled off. Her attention shifted to a dark corner momentarily and she scowled “she may be hiding out here. Especially since that little pain in my butt has been ignoring me.” She pointed at the pale brown flit who gave a squeak before pressing further into the shadows. 

“Does this place have a weyr ledge with a fence up? 

Cremsden called back over his shoulder to the nearest apprentice. "Sionel. Any eleven turn old girls in today?"

The boy stood still to consider. "No girls. Had a little boy in earlier who jammed his finger in the door," he offered. "And a baby who fell out his highchair."

"I think the lady was looking for a specific girl, not the closest possible replacement," Cremsden said mildly. "Right. Well, it sounds unlikely she's injured so there's one worry put to bed. We're looking for a runaway then?"

After hearing that Roryn wasn’t injured, Aryn relaxed  “More likely a ‘I found somewhere without anyone to bother me to read and lost track of time’ hideaway.” Aryn clucked her fingers and gave a trilling whistle, her brown flit slinking off the wall and to her to settle around her throat. 
“Skiffy.” She rubbed the browns eye ridge. “Find Roryn.”
With a chore and a flick of his tail, the flutter was gone, popping back in to his pet after a moment, sending a strong image of a classroom? With a weyr ledge? 

“Surely things haven’t changed that much since I was an apprentice.” She muttered befor one hand went on her hip and she looked up at Cremsden. “This guy says she is in a room with tables, Klah and a weyr ledge that’s fenced. ” She sighed as the flit dove down her top and got comfortable. “You don’t have anywhere like that here, do you?”
--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Rabble Rabble
 

Rhosgen was giving serious thought to ripping his hand from the guiding wher's mouth and fleeing back into the woods when the wher finally stopped. 
By even more naked adults. How was this now his life?!
The wher releasing his hand and taking the wherry from his other, he covered his eyes with his hands, ignoring the saliva on one and worse on the other. 

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, 10:23 AM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 

Re: Nothing to see here #medhunt #passionberries (attn: K'ren, R'tal, Rhosgen, any) #medhunt #passionberries

Laura Walker
 

It would have been even more as though something never happened had Tyren's owner not also fallen victim to the stew. Tyren cheerfully led Rhosgen through the camp, over and around naked bodies, and over to where two men were asleep, naked, and still mostly wrapped around each other.

((Ty brought friend,)) he informed them helpfully. ((And food. Food and friend.)) He turned to tug the wherry out of Rhosgen's grip as R'tal stirred and groaned.

"Ugh, wassat? Too early, Ty, g'way."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Rabble Rabble <rabblerabble@...> wrote:
Even though he was very relieved to be back at camp, Rhosgen's cheeks were bright red as he tried to ignore all the nudity. 
Eeew. 
And was THAT the... 
Shards shards shards don't look DON'TLOOK 
"Yes, find Tal," he agreed, very firmly not looking at the rider he'd recognized. 
If he ignored it, it would be like it never happened, right? 


On Fri, 17 Aug 2018, 7:27 PM Laura Walker, <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Rhosgen looked at the dead face of the wherry for a moment before nodding. 
It wasn't a fish but if it got the wher to get him un-lost then he'd do it. 
He picked the dead wherry up and let the wher guide him, trying not to think about how the wherry felt in his grasp. 




--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Alyx
 

Lerian grinned at Kel. "No offense meant, I just know sometimes when it's really important a dragon will do something to help their rider, even if the rider doesn't want it." At this point Lerian's second flit caught up with him,  on either shoulder were a grown bronze and a tiny hatchling blue. "What can we do to get them good and distracted? There's a real nice redfruit tree not too far from here, I think we can make it if they aren't looking."

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)

Re: The Smart Don't Swim (Kl'ryn, C'fer)

Rabble Rabble
 

Sengroth snorted, not really caring that someone else got wet.  {{Better than it bein' on *ME*.}}  The brown scoffed unhappily.  Though the brown was unrepentant, the brownrider waded over to the shore with a scowl shot toward his brown.  "Sorry.  He is always like that once he's allowed out of the water."  Kl'ryn said to the greenrider. 

C'fer looked up from the panicked Panic making distressed chirps inside his shirt, opening his mouth to tell the other person - a mere brownrider according to the indignant Abelindath - and paused. 
He turned his head to the side in a reflexive attempt to hide his half-scarred face, and smiled at the brownrider. 
"That's alright," he replied, his body language a bit shy. 

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Laura Walker
 


> Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.
>
> "Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
>
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys.  The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless.  "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."


"Of course Gavroth wouldn't tell!" Kel's returning whisper was indignant at that. "He's my friend, not some awful sneak!" 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Jerzy Tobin
 

Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads.

"Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"
Lesal looked from one boy to the other, then over to the healers, and
then back to the boys. The one did look like he was still recovering
from something, and had probably been sent along for the fresh air.
And besides, no kid liked being cooped up while recovering, so this
was probably a good solution to keeping him from going stir crazy.
And a little walk wouldn't hurt him, if he had him and the other boy
to help, right?

"I think so?" Lesal said, just a bit hesitant, but willing to jump in
regardless. "Wouldn't want to go too far, but a walk would be okay, I
think."



--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Alyx
 

Lerian looked from Lesal coming over, to Kel, then back over at the healers. Then he whispered to the lads. 

"Come on, let's get behind Gavorth. They will think we're using him as a backrest, and we can slip away." Then Lerian turned to the bronze flit on left shoulder, after a moment asked Kel "Will Gavorth cover for you a bit, or tell on you? Cause I think we can use a distraction." Then he turned back to Lesal, "What do you think, between the two of us can we get him out for a walk about?"

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

> Lerian dropped down into the grass nearby, and huffed. "That's no fun, what's the good of being outdoors if all they let you do is sit there?" Lerian did a quick look around, and bit his lip. He had a plan, but he might need some help pulling if off.
>
> "Can you jog? Or walk fast?" Lerian asked intently.
>
It was his break time, and Lesal was at a bit of a loss. There really
wasn't a whole lot for him to *do* while not working on the gathering
or preparing of the medical plants, and he really didn't want to
volunteer for extra chores.  What he wanted to do was go explore, but,
even with two firelizards, it didn't seem like a good idea to go
wandering off on his own.  So when he spotted the two boys that looked
to be around his own age, one with a blue dragon, Lesal made his way
over to them, the blue and brown flits draped over his shoulders
chattering excited greetings to the trio.

"Hey there," Lesal said cheerfully by way of a greeting.




Kel was watching one specific Healer. Luckily for him, that Healer had just had someone hurry up holding out an arm with some kind of injury.

"Oh no." He raised his voice slightly in case Evrand was listening. "I have to sit very still." 

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)